I have no idea how often this happens to me...  :<

I also really like how Fi's eyes expresses his emotions perfectly.  :goamber

Dagardo

can't say it happens to me a lot.

Quote from: Darkdragon on September 07, 2008, 10:06:51 PM
I also really like how Fi's eyes expresses his emotions perfectly.  :goamber

I agree. And with expressions that involve Fi, I think it's pretty cute :giggle

Brunhidden

i find it ironic that fi is so dumb he manages to on accident achive a very forceful yet subtle commentary on the contradictions of an adventurer
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

GabrielsThoughts

I don't know, Fi kinda looks like he's wearing sunglasses in the last pannel.

I also fail to see how this is a dumb statement, Fi is making a valid argument based on his limited view of the world. 
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Dagardo

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on September 07, 2008, 10:33:50 PM
I don't know, Fi kinda looks like he's wearing sunglasses in the last pannel.

I also fail to see how this is a dumb statement, Fi is making a valid argument based on his limited view of the world. 

Agreed, on both accounts. And sure warp-aci may not be the smartest creatures but I don't see that as any reason to call them dumb, even if Brunhidden was just talking about Fi. Also I think warp-aci are cute, as stated above, and i want to  :hug them. And they're also probably smarter than they may seem at first glance, despite their immense curiosity which I'm sure has wound up gotten at least a few of them "killed". But whether they can actually die or not is still unknown, guess we'll just have to wait on Amber to tell us.

Lowde

Quote from: Dagardo on September 07, 2008, 10:47:16 PM
But whether they can actually die or not is still unknown, guess we'll just have to wait on Amber to tell us.

Actually, there's some information about the warp-aci in the demo 101... It says their bodies would die, but their essence would remain in this world until their owner dies and then it would return to their own plane (warp-aci are summoned from a different plane)

Anyway... Justice... Revenge... pretty much the same :rolleyes

Dagardo

Quote from: Lowde on September 07, 2008, 11:08:12 PM
Quote from: Dagardo on September 07, 2008, 10:47:16 PM
But whether they can actually die or not is still unknown, guess we'll just have to wait on Amber to tell us.

Actually, there's some information about the warp-aci in the demo 101... It says their bodies would die, but their essence would remain in this world until their owner dies and then it would return to their own plane (warp-aci are summoned from a different plane)

Anyway... Justice... Revenge... pretty much the same :rolleyes

Oh, thank you, I dont read the demonology honestly, but having you're essence linger in this dimension sound like it could suck, since mostly, warp-aci are summoned by 'cubi, and 'cubi, as we all *should* know cubi can live for extremely long times.

Lowde

here it is if you want to check it personally... On a second reading, it says it's a theory, but it's not a sure thing

demecowen

I'm interested in knowing of why Dan can not bring DP to court. DP did multiple count of kidnapping, has and will perform various types of dark pagen rituals which would most likely be outlaw.

On his third time DP kidnap a princess and and terroize her country at very least Dan could have send him to jail (or dungen) over there. 

Dagardo

Quote from: demecowen on September 08, 2008, 12:01:27 AM
I'm interested in knowing of why Dan can not bring DP to court. DP did multiple count of kidnapping, has and will perform various types of dark pagen rituals which would most likely be outlaw.

On his third time DP kidnap a princess and and terroize her country at very least Dan could have send him to jail (or dungen) over there. 

My guess is that any court just wouldn't hold him accountable, or since each "criminal in question" is judged by a member of their own race they may not hold him accountable because he is the only member of his own race. Course its just a guess, like most everything else on this board is 'till its either approved or disapproved.

Darkdragon

It is also highly possible due to hubris of specific races to beings another member of DP's race (I'm guessing demon) would find such actions are "perfectly within reason".

Lowde

Quote from: Dagardo on September 08, 2008, 12:14:50 AM

My guess is that any court just wouldn't hold him accountable, or since each "criminal in question" is judged by a member of their own race they may not hold him accountable because he is the only member of his own race. Course its just a guess, like most everything else on this board is 'till its either approved or disapproved.

It's because since every creature or being is judged only by another member of his or her own species, then there's certain crimes that are punished with different severity depending to which race you belong... And since DP is a demon (and not the only one, btw), he would be judged by another demon, who have quite a maquiavelic way of understanding their pursuit of power

Dagardo

Quote from: Lowde on September 08, 2008, 02:48:13 AM

It's because since every creature or being is judged only by another member of his or her own species, then there's certain crimes that are punished with different severity depending to which race you belong... And since DP is a demon (and not the only one, btw), he would be judged by another demon, who have quite a maquiavelic way of understanding their pursuit of power

Oh yeah, for some reason the fact that he was a daemon escaped my mind, thanks for reminding me.  :)

Pheonix-IV

You know, i'm fairly sure "Avengeance" is not a word.

Wait, Dictionary.com corrects me, is -is- a word, it's just that nobody ever uses it because it sounds silly and means exactly the same thing as Vengeance.

Dagardo

I vaguely remember hearing the line "I am Back with Avengance!" from some movie or somethin' but I cant recall where, and again I will state for like the 4th time Warp-aci are friggin cute and i want to  :hug them.  :)

Aurawyn

Quote from: Dagardo on September 08, 2008, 05:58:16 AM
I vaguely remember hearing the line "I am Back with Avengance!" from some movie or somethin' but I cant recall where, and again I will state for like the 4th time Warp-aci are friggin cute and i want to  :hug them.  :)

I should think it was actually "Back with A Vengeance"

Ps. Personally, I Think a Being/Creature should be judged by the Creatures/Beings He/She/It had most wronged, but that would make too much sense...

Sunblink

Alondro

*Charline de Lyon meh*  I like Dan a lot less.  There IS a place for vengeance!  Sheesh, afraid to kill someone.  What a wuss!  He's helpless.  If he's unwilling to kill those who'd happily kill him, he's already lost.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tapewolf

Quote from: Alondro on September 08, 2008, 08:10:28 AM
Sheesh, afraid to kill someone.  What a wuss!  He's helpless.  If he's unwilling to kill those who'd happily kill him, he's already lost.   >:3

Oh, he'll do it all right, just reluctantly.  For which I applaud him as it makes him somewhat more noble than a simple thug.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Corgatha Taldorthar

And recall, he does "kill" (albiet temporarily) DP in their fight that we see early on in the strip. (Too lazy to run down the exact  number, but in 858, we see that the body is missing from the grave, a pretty good implication that DP was indeed slain and not just defeated)
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 08, 2008, 08:16:31 AM

Oh, he'll do it all right, just reluctantly.  For which I applaud him as it makes him somewhat more noble than a simple thug.

Quoted For Truth. That's exactly why my respect for Dan increased. Prior to this comic I kind of thought of him more as a thug and the typical hack-and-slash Adventurer.

Paladin Sheppard

I kinda thought that was the way Dan was in the first place. The way I see it you have two different faces, one for your close friends (Which when Dan is around his friends he seems more of the noble type) and one for those you want to impress (Like barmaids and the like).

Mao

I've actually lost a bit of respect for Dan.  He's coming across as wishy-washy to me.  He either needs to stand firm in the choice of doing what he needs to do, or stand firm in finding another way.  Saying I'll do it, but I don't want to is a cop out to me.

Zedd

Sofox

Quote from: Aurawyn on September 08, 2008, 07:09:43 AM
Ps. Personally, I Think a Being/Creature should be judged by the Creatures/Beings He/She/It had most wronged, but that would make too much sense...
Are you kidding? That's just swapping one prejudice for another.

Quote from: Mowser on September 08, 2008, 10:16:24 AM
I've actually lost a bit of respect for Dan.  He's coming across as wishy-washy to me.  He either needs to stand firm in the choice of doing what he needs to do, or stand firm in finding another way.  Saying I'll do it, but I don't want to is a cop out to me.

Because what we need to do and what we want to do should always be the exact same?

Tapewolf

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on September 07, 2008, 10:33:50 PM
I don't know, Fi kinda looks like he's wearing sunglasses in the last panel.
Actually it reminds me of the Oracle in SSDD.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

Quote from: Sofox on September 08, 2008, 11:20:50 AM
Because what we need to do and what we want to do should always be the exact same?

All I'm saying is be resolute a bit.  If he really doesn't want to do it, then he should find another way.  Or if there is no other way then he needs to steel himself to it and stop complaining.  It's also an easy way to blame things on others/something else if it doesn't go the way he hopes it did because he didn't think it through well enough, "Well, you can't blame me, I didn't want to do it in the first place!".

Lego3400

My guess is that any court just wouldn't hold him accountable, or since each "criminal in question" is judged by a member of their own race they may not hold him accountable because he is the only member of his own race.

Since when is DP the only Deamon Pegusus? There are bound to be others.

Lowde

Dan, like any other adventurer, thinks he's always on the good side... And therefore slaying evil guys isn't vengeance, it's duty... justice. I bet they even teach them something like that in the adventuring school: "you never do evil things... slaying evil for personal reasons isn't evil... it's your duty"... Yeah right (sarcasm)

VSMIT

Everyone has this feeling of disillusionment at some point in Adventuring School, but it all goes away when the students remember that they get paid for serving "justice."