09/03/08 [DMFA #934] - Moral of the story.

Started by AndersW, September 03, 2008, 12:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

Jairus

Smart boy. Learned a few lessons, knew to prepare himself better. And he also learned a great moral.

I agree, his reaction is priceless. Sheesh, that is one bloodthirsty Warp-Aci.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Madmann135

That Warp-Aki was around Fi-Lana for a while... it's bound to pick up a few of her less kind habbits.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Darkdragon

And other bloodthirsty Cubi in general. I'd almost bet Dan was the first non-bloodthirsty person its ever come across.

e_voyager

i don't think Dan ever thought of that one. ah well he's off to kill the DP again. and i think that Dan believes it's okay to kill some one as long as they have multiple lives.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Ganurath

Quote from: Darkdragon on September 03, 2008, 01:38:32 AM
And other bloodthirsty Cubi in general. I'd almost bet Dan was the first non-bloodthirsty person its ever come across.
Except that he has no qualms against killing for money, glory, and female attentions...
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Magic

...I'm not bloodthirsty. I'm a cuddly woodland creature.
At which point I would probably grin a wide cheesy grin and show an array of horrendously sharp teeth.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Turnsky

Quote from: Ink on September 03, 2008, 03:03:44 AM

...I'm not bloodthirsty. I'm a cuddly woodland creature.
At which point I would probably grin a wide cheesy grin and show an array of horrendously sharp teeth.

that seem to glow a bright white.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Zedd

Gee isn't the whole world becoming bit familiar >:3?

Feather Dancer

Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Tapewolf

Well, there's Abel for starters, and the various peaceful clans Fa'Lina mentioned, so I'd say he's not the first.  Probably not so many of them, though.

Personally, I'm still trying to figure out whether Fi is actually being straight or sarcastic.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Cvstos

Well, considering the list of other really... shall we say, unpleasant things DP has done, I think Fi is in the middle of a forest and just now managing to find a tree. A tree that pushes Dan's buttons, true, but really his argument is specious at best.
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Psaakyrn

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 03, 2008, 04:14:45 AM
Well, there's Abel for starters, and the various peaceful clans Fa'Lina mentioned, so I'd say he's not the first.  Probably not so many of them, though.

Personally, I'm still trying to figure out whether Fi is actually being straight or sarcastic.

Considering Fi's association with Destinia back then and not getting miffed about that, I'd more towards the opinion of straight.

[EDIT: Dan's certainly not the first non-bloodthirsty cubi Fi's met, Abel's rather non-bloodthirsty too.]
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Alondro

*Charline scratches her head*  But I thought it was ok to kill people for the fun of it too.   :confused
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Rakala

It is, but only when you meet special requirements.

Lucheek

It seems like Fi has a problem with killing- strange, being he seemed to be around Cubi and "their morals" for a while.

Bah on him. Killing is neccesary. The evil must be slain.

Kipiru

What Fi said sounded more like sarcasm towards Dan. Maybe some kind of warp-aki moral streak?

Cvstos

Another instance where Sam and Max are priceless AND relevant!

Sam: I can't tell if it's comical or life-threatening!
Max: Who says they have to be mutually exclusive?
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kipiru on September 03, 2008, 08:19:04 AM
What Fi said sounded more like sarcasm towards Dan. Maybe some kind of warp-aki moral streak?
That was what I wondered, though it didn't sound quite right given that it has been with Fa'Lina for a while, and thought the Fa'Lina-Dee argument over torturing infants was funny.

Dracora

Can warp-aci really understand death? Can they die? Or do they just go back from whence they came. I mean sure, I suppose he can be eaten by Pip, but I doubt they can die of natural causes... It might explain a bit of the bloodthirstiness anyway.

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Lowde

Quote from: Dracora on September 03, 2008, 11:36:28 AM
Can warp-aci really understand death? Can they die? Or do they just go back from whence they came. I mean sure, I suppose he can be eaten by Pip, but I doubt they can die of natural causes... It might explain a bit of the bloodthirstiness anyway.

They must be able to die if Fa'Lina though Dan had killed Fi when she lost contact with him

Lego3400

Demo 101 Is kinda vague. Either Amber herself hasn't decided yet or just hasn't told us yet (Both are equally likely <.<)

Stygian

Cue me talking about certain things being only matters of perspective to most, and only of practicality to others... and sparking a very boring debate.

Actually, I'd rather not do that. So, you will now see me attempt to play a Jew's harp while eating fermented herring.

I begin now.

[THE SOUNDS! AAAAAAGH!]

Attic Rat

They are the same,of course.

Morality tends to be historically pragmatic at the societal level, over a period of several generations.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

VSMIT

Is it just me, or is there already a thread for this comic?

@Attic Rat: if they are the same, then Morality would be simply pragmatic.  Not historically pragmatic over a series of generations.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: VSMIT on September 04, 2008, 11:52:58 PM
Is it just me, or is there already a thread for this comic?

Another thread? No, of course not. You're just dreaming. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Psaakyrn

On a side-side-side note, I just realized te significance of the name "pod-puppy" I'm so slow. c.c
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Sunblink

I'm starting to think that Fi was taking a jab at Dan's profession as an Adventurer, if only because he belonged to Fa'Lina (who has a pointed dislike for Adventurers) and worked among Cubi for a while. Then again, that would make any accusations of Dan being an indiscriminate murderer rather hypocritical on his part.

But then again, I wouldn't be terribly impressed if I was in Fi's shoes when Dan was talking in the second panel here.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on September 05, 2008, 04:06:51 PM
I'm starting to think that Fi was taking a jab at Dan's profession as an Adventurer, if only because he belonged to Fa'Lina (who has a pointed dislike for Adventurers) and worked among Cubi for a while. Then again, that would make any accusations of Dan being an indiscriminate murderer rather hypocritical on his part.

Tough call.  I imagine there are a fair few 'Cubi who assume the identity of an adventurer, like Aniz did - if only on a temporary basis.  Indeed, I'd be surprised if they don't have an Adventuring department to help facilitate that, and then of course you have the 'Adventurers-Turned-Cubi' Abel alludes to around strip 600.  How many of those become a sort of 'super adventurer' when they leave the Academy?
Put short, I can imagine Fa'Lina not having much of a problem with Adventurers, so long as they don't target 'Cubi.

As an aside, Amber usually seems to refer to Fi as 'it'.