09/02/08 [Hybrids #9] - Gryphon CEEEEEEEEEEE!

Started by AndersW, September 01, 2008, 10:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

"Gyphon ceeeeeeeeeee!"

Love it! Great job Amber! And again, good luck with the schedule!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Lorien

XD Amber that was awful but hilarious.  And it needs to be noted: your character designs, even for the mostly background characters who only appear once, are awesome.

Yugo

https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

GabrielsThoughts

I still don't understand the distinction between Gryphon B and Gryphon C .... is it the number of fingers? does C stand for corpse? and why does C look fully Capable of raping fluffy?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

VSMIT

Ya rly.

B is about the size of your average Being.  C is damn huge.  And dumb.  I think that's about it.

Zedd

Turnsky

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on September 01, 2008, 11:53:38 PM
and why does C look fully Capable of raping fluffy?

because you're a sick and twisted pervert.  :rolleyes

Gryphon C is, simply put, colossal

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Anri

Bweeheeheehee! X3 I admit, I couldn't stop giggling!

Gullible

Jairus

kaskar

8) Then what happened with that frat prank in ''letters to the editor ?"
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Lucheek

Psaakyrn

Quote from: kaskar on September 02, 2008, 06:42:06 AM

8) Then what happened with that frat prank in ''letters to the editor ?"

That was dragon, not gyrphon.

I'm suprized that Gryphon C is not compatable with A/B though...
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Kipiru

Quote from: Psaakyrn on September 02, 2008, 08:26:55 AM

Yeah, right- are you blind? C is like 30 times the size of A and B, he'll tear them appart!

Psaakyrn

Quote from: Kipiru on September 02, 2008, 08:39:44 AM
Quote from: Psaakyrn on September 02, 2008, 08:26:55 AM

Yeah, right- are you blind? C is like 30 times the size of A and B, he'll tear them appart!

Assuming that C is male...
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Kazuki

And if the C is female... well, then we're getting into Brannon Braga territory, and nothing more should be said.  :erk

AndersW

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on September 01, 2008, 11:53:38 PM
I still don't understand the distinction between Gryphon B and Gryphon C .... is it the number of fingers? does C stand for corpse? and why does C look fully Capable of raping fluffy?

Gryphons come in three types...  two legs, four legs, and Mega Freaking HUGE!

Zedd

Lego3400

At first I thought the Griffin A was wearing Dan's clan symbol on her shirt... Hmmm

Aleolus

Oohh, dear, would not want to be Fluffy in the Gryphon C panel >.>  Glad I'm not <.<

Cvstos

Quote from: Lego3400 on September 02, 2008, 12:27:59 PM
At first I thought the Griffin A was wearing Dan's clan symbol on her shirt... Hmmm

I just noticed that myself! It would seem to be the Cyra clan symbol! Is she... a cubi in disguise? Dun dun dun! Be careful, Fluffy!
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Sunblink

Quote from: Cvstos on September 02, 2008, 05:54:03 PM

I just noticed that myself! It would seem to be the Cyra clan symbol! Is she... a cubi in disguise? Dun dun dun! Be careful, Fluffy!

I thought it was the Cyra clan symbol too, but it just seems to be a circle with two triangles. The Cyra Clan symbol is more like the universal symbol for female, but the resemblance is still uncanny.

I still think a Gryphon A/Cubi crossbreed would be all sorts of sexy. :< I also think it's a bit of a shame Gryphon and Dragons are incompatible; I would have liked to see a hybrid of the two.

Alondro

Quote from: Kazuki on September 02, 2008, 09:08:36 AM
And if the C is female... well, then we're getting into Brannon Braga territory, and nothing more should be said.  :erk

Or Doug Winger territory... again, nothing more should be said.   :erk

*Charline wants to know only one thing*  Can I interbreed with Gryphons A and B at the same time?   :3

*Charles can't take it anymore*  :redrum
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Cvstos

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on September 02, 2008, 06:12:13 PM
Quote from: Cvstos on September 02, 2008, 05:54:03 PM

I thought it was the Cyra clan symbol too, but it just seems to be a circle with two triangles. The Cyra Clan symbol is more like the universal symbol for female, but the resemblance is still uncanny.

I still think a Gryphon A/Cubi crossbreed would be all sorts of sexy. :< I also think it's a bit of a shame Gryphon and Dragons are incompatible; I would have liked to see a hybrid of the two.

Maybe it's a fold in the cloth hiding the lower part?
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Tycoon

This is one of the best comics in a long time! Oh, the antics...

Also on my mind; a Gryphon C x Mythos mix would be crazy huge, wouldn't it? Say one were to be a C mixed with a Mythos the size of Oolong (since a Mythos the size of Mathilda wouldn't seem to be a viable partner), would that kind of monstrosity be able to sustain itself in a normal environment?

It's a next to impossible idea, sure, but the entire concept of a flying, tentacled, house-sized beast would be totally awesome!

Darkdragon

Amber Williams : capable of short, simple and precise comics with the required humour.  :goamber

!KCA

Okay, based on what we know, I'm going to take a premature stab at pure, unfettered insanity.

(1.) Mer/Mythos -> Mythos. Okay, nothing spectacular here.
(2.) Gryphon C/Mythos -> Mythos. Ditto.
(3.) (1.)/(2.) -> Mythos, obviously. Bit of a mashup. But, then, mythos often are.
(4.) (3.)/Dragon -> Dragon. Would any mer or gryphon traits even show up at this point?
(5.) (4.)/Cubi -> Cubi. However, a dragon is more likely.

Amber Williams

Actually the shirt is a slight play on Stephans's hoodie which I drew without any major reference so I goofed it up. I didnt realize it looked similar to Cyra's clan symbol until after I posted the comic. My bad.

As for the differences, Gryphon C is basically a massive sized version of Gryphon A...but without any actual self-awareness and sentience. The only reason it doesnt get lumped into other non-sentient creatures or into food categories is they are so narfing big and usually dangerous its not something most creatures or beings want to tangle with.  Pretty much take all those old stories in our world about how dragons stomped through countrysides and you get the general mindset of those who see Gryphon C.  The only reason they havent been "taken care of" is that Gryphon A and B usually are capable of keeping the C Gryphons out of the area of normal society and so they dont bother people.

The only real difference between Gryphon A and B is aesthetic. One walks on two legs, the other walks on four. One looks more humanoid, the other more animal. Mentally and spiritually though, they tend to be very much the same.

I guess I should at some point get unlazy and just do the last Gryphon article in the Demo 101. Durh hurh. :B

Jairus

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 03, 2008, 12:17:47 AM
As for the differences, Gryphon C is basically a massive sized version of Gryphon A...but without any actual self-awareness and sentience. The only reason it doesnt get lumped into other non-sentient creatures or into food categories is they are so narfing big and usually dangerous its not something most creatures or beings want to tangle with.  Pretty much take all those old stories in our world about how dragons stomped through countrysides and you get the general mindset of those who see Gryphon C.  The only reason they havent been "taken care of" is that Gryphon A and B usually are capable of keeping the C Gryphons out of the area of normal society and so they dont bother people.
Um... don't you mean C is a massive sized version of B? Or am I missing something?

As for the last Gryphon Demo 101 article, take your time. You'll get to it at some point.