08/10/08 [DMFA #930] - A lot in common.

Started by AndersW, August 10, 2008, 09:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

Now it is time for them to go kill DP.

techmaster-glitch

Danna? :mowdizzy

Either they still haven't got it, or they deliberately named him that...

Faerie Alex

I wonder if she found a new top in one of those crates. If video games have taught me anything, it's that crates usually produce useful stuff when you smash them. :B
Jeez I need to update this thing.

tiggertoo

I would like to take this opportunity to say 'Told you, told you, told you so!"  :mwaha 

http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,4686.msg198468.html#msg198468
Quote from: tiggertoo on June 19, 2008, 05:40:49 PM
I'm thinking that Aliyka and Shannah have finally managed to break into the wine cellar or perhaps found a nice vat of ale. They've been at it a while now (time enough for the death knight to stomp Dan and Co. and carry them all the way to Dark Pegasus, for DP to bother dealing with the dark knight (DP seems the type to keep everyone else waiting), and for Dan to finally wake back up), so I figure they've worked up quite a thirst and call a timeout to wet their whistles with a few barrels each -- after which they're BFF and go on a drunken rampage together looking for more refreshments and manage to take down most of the rest of the castle in the process, just as DP is about to do his thing - providing the necessary distraction for Dan to finally take care of business.

Except for the drunken rampage afterwards, I was right (though there is still time for this too). I'm savoring the sweetness, since this will probably never happen again.  :mowhappy

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh. Anna, Hannah, Shanna, and Danna.

Sounds about right. *snerk*

Quote from: tiggertoo on August 10, 2008, 10:27:37 PM
I would like to take this opportunity to say 'Told you, told you, told you so!"  :mwaha 

Neat. You know we like people who say this so very very much, we revoke their posting rights so they can savor being right for the rest of time.

.. usually.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ganurath

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on August 10, 2008, 09:46:24 PM
Danna? :mowdizzy

Either they still haven't got it, or they deliberately named him that...
Shanna wasn't there for the catchup with her sisters, so she really has no way of knowing. The heels probably don't help, of course.
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ganurath on August 10, 2008, 10:29:52 PM
Shanna wasn't there for the catchup with her sisters, so she really has no way of knowing. The heels probably don't help, of course.

I think the last thing she said on the previous strip kinda gave a hint.

"Ha! I knew there was no lung puncture! He screams too well for one!"

... you think she might have known?

tiggertoo

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 10, 2008, 10:29:08 PM
Heh. Anna, Hannah, Shanna, and Danna.

Sounds about right. *snerk*

Quote from: tiggertoo on August 10, 2008, 10:27:37 PM

Neat. You know we like people who say this so very very much, we revoke their posting rights so they can savor being right for the rest of time.

.. usually.

Oh come now -- that was even the very first post I ever made on this forum. I should get a chance to celebrate just a little. However no one argued with me about it at the time, so I don't have anyone I can lord it over.  :mowsad  Oh well.

llearch n'n'daCorna

You did get a chance to celebrate a little.

I'm just suggesting you might want to avoid doing it in future, because Amber gets grumpy at that sort of thing...

tiggertoo

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 10, 2008, 11:06:43 PM
You did get a chance to celebrate a little.

I'm just suggesting you might want to avoid doing it in future, because Amber gets grumpy at that sort of thing...

Sorry, didn't mean it like that -- I was just enjoying being even partially right about a future turn of events, that's all. It happens so seldom. I'll be sure to avoid any future celebrating on the forum.

Jairus

Eh, no worries from my end. It was a good guess...

Ah, reminiscing over old stories and ale. Is there any better way to tear down the walls and kindle new friendships?

In other news... I'm back, Boxy.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Slowtini

Zedd

Wine barrels go fast with common friends :3

Pagan

I think Shanna and Aliyka know that Daniel is male at the current moment in the flashback, but at the wine cellars, it is highly possible they did not.

Danna, heheh.

Oh, and I think Shanna had not found her clothing before hitting the casks.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Jer-oh-me

I'm wondering if they're subscribing to the same idea postulated earlier, that he could think... like a girl? I don't know, and besides, maybe they just think that's his name. Besides, Danna's not a gender specific name if I'm remembering historical precedent correctly.

Jairus

Or maybe they're making a pun... Hannah, Shannah, Anna, Danna? Something like that.

joshofspam

So I take it Aliyka might have just gotten out of school for this adventure. If we look back to Lorenda's high school flash back. Am I right or could a couple of years have passed in that time.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Aleolus

Why am I not surprised by that?  >.>  I swear, they're both epic-level Barbarians, with insane Str and Con scores.  That's the only explanation!

Turnsky

Booze: breaking down social barriers and making friends (and enemies) since the dawn of time.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: tiggertoo on August 10, 2008, 11:12:37 PM
Sorry, didn't mean it like that -- I was just enjoying being even partially right about a future turn of events, that's all. It happens so seldom. I'll be sure to avoid any future celebrating on the forum.

The problem is we've had people venting over how right they are for weeks on end. Once or twice is ok, but waffling on and on about it just gets annoying for everyone. I'm sure you understand. ;-]

Also, I didn't mean to come down quite so hard - it was late last night. :-/ Sorry about that.

Quote from: Jairus on August 10, 2008, 11:54:09 PM
In other news... I'm back, Boxy.

Should I be worried, Jubblies?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Pagan on August 11, 2008, 01:31:23 AM
I think Shanna and Aliyka know that Daniel is male at the current moment in the flashback, but at the wine cellars, it is highly possible they did not.
Or, it's possible likely that they're still out of it, depending on how long Dan was out for.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 11, 2008, 07:21:28 AM
Quote from: Pagan on August 11, 2008, 01:31:23 AM
Or, it's possible likely that they're still out of it, depending on how long Dan was out for.

or it's entirely possible that since the front of Dan's robe is open, the lack of boobs in sight says "not a girl"..

Mao

Lack of boobs != not female.

However it's generally a good indicator.

Anyway...

I'm hopeful those three can work together well enough to take down DP with no further losses.  Admittedly we don't know how Anna fared but I'm not going to be overly hopeful for her.  Either way, I think the Amazons have suffered enough with the loss of just one of them so I'd like to see the other two (and Aliyka, but we know she makes it) get out alive as well.  If not, I hope they go out well.

Turnsky

Quote from: Mowser on August 11, 2008, 08:23:59 AM
Lack of boobs != not female.

However it's generally a good indicator.

Anyway...

I'm hopeful those three can work together well enough to take down DP with no further losses.  Admittedly we don't know how Anna fared but I'm not going to be overly hopeful for her.  Either way, I think the Amazons have suffered enough with the loss of just one of them so I'd like to see the other two (and Aliyka, but we know she makes it) get out alive as well.  If not, I hope they go out well.

there are other methods... and those two were drunk, i'll let others do the math  >:3

Brunhidden

Quote from: Zedd on August 11, 2008, 12:40:50 AM
Wine barrels go fast with common friends :3

very fast if they started while those barrels were still mug proportions to their body

i almost said 'shotglass' but they werent that big..... however, imagine drinking an entire barrel of wine while its a 'normal' proportion to your giant dragon body, and then shifting back to your smaller form where that wine is at least half your mass or more

how did they get reasonably sober so soon? or was dan out for two days or something?
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Alondro

Drunken Amazons.

I'm sure Dan is disappointed he missed out on that.   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Lego3400

Quote from: Jairus on August 11, 2008, 01:54:01 AM
Or maybe they're making a pun... Hannah, Shannah, Anna, Danna? Something like that.
They've gone from an Amazon Trio to an Amazoness Quartet. Now they just need fancy henshin sequences or fight some girls in Sera Fuku.

Jairus

Quote from: Lego3400 on August 11, 2008, 12:24:49 PM
Quote from: Jairus on August 11, 2008, 01:54:01 AM
They've gone from an Amazon Trio to an Amazoness Quartet. Now they just need fancy henshin sequences or fight some girls in Sera Fuku.
Oh, you just gotta love the over-lit transformation sequence. That's some good shiny...
And they need a pose. Can't forget the pose...

"Power of the Mythos Plant! Sailor Anna!"
"Power of the Dragon Top! Sailor Shanna!"
"Power of the Fuzzy Tail! Sailor Hannah!"
"Power of the Winged Dress ROBE! Sailor Danna!"

Oh dear... why do I get the feeling that if Amber sees this post I might give her bad ideas?

Naldru

If they checked him for injuries, as indicated about the open front and the comment about lung punctures, I believe they would have found a few hints about Dan's gender.  By the way Alikya sort of fits the rhyming naming pattern as well.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

[insert name]

Observing the gender of personal pronouns will help solve this mystery!
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.