07/16/08 [DMFA #922] - If you won't tell, I will

Started by AmigaDragon, July 16, 2008, 02:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshofspam

So would the cults want DP as their undisputed lord, or do they just want a figure head for all the undead to rally behind.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Ganurath

Quote from: joshofspam on July 16, 2008, 03:17:31 PM
So would the cults want DP as their undisputed lord, or do they just want a figure head for all the undead to rally behind.
Remember the second Pirates of the Caribbean movie, how Jack was the god of the tribe but had to do what they expected of him?
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Aleolus

Hmm, so DP is the Maker of the undead?  I wonder if that would be enough to qualify him for deityhood among them?  I hope not, because the last thing we need is Dark Pegasus, Divine Being who wants to destroy his creations.   :erk

Pagan

Hmm... undeads who are into being undead. I see nothing wrong with spreading the good (if deadly) bite word. I can see the upside to the whole thing, a being can become a creature without too much trouble, besides death. Then you get semi-immortality, good magic strength, the other benefits of being reanimated. Who wouldn't want that?
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Jairus

Quote from: Pagan on July 16, 2008, 03:49:51 PM
Hmm... undeads who are into being undead. I see nothing wrong with spreading the good (if deadly) bite word. I can see the upside to the whole thing, a being can become a creature without too much trouble, besides death. Then you get semi-immortality, good magic strength, the other benefits of being reanimated. Who wouldn't want that?

I'll skip, personally. I think that DP is interested in a true form of immortality, rather than merely being Undead.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Pagan

Not talkin about Dark Peg, I'm talking about the general being populace.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

terrycloth

The lack of sensation and inability to taste anything other than living flesh is kind of a deal-breaker.

So... is dark pegasus undead now? I mean, in the present not the flashback. I guess we don't *really* know but it makes sense for it to be one of the undead cults to steal his body.

Pagan

Well, you have to sacrifice something in every deal. Equal exchange and all that. To me though, a shot at longer life and possible immortality and a life away from pain is worth any trade.

Jairus

I could see being undead as a possible stopgap measure to true immortality... and if the general populace knew everything about the undead, perhaps some of them would choose it. Right now, though, I'm thinking about the fact that children cannot become undead, and the fact that undead cannot breed: I'm sensing potential problems if every being became an Undead.

Pagan

That is a problem... though really, I'm more concerned on a personal level than global scale.

Tapewolf

Quote from: terrycloth on July 16, 2008, 04:02:57 PM
The lack of sensation and inability to taste anything other than living flesh is kind of a deal-breaker.
Hannah obviously has some sensation, otherwise she wouldn't have been so quick to snuggle Dan's feathers.  I suspect that a total loss of sensation is a worst-case scenario for when the body has really been beaten up.

QuoteSo... is dark pegasus undead now? I mean, in the present not the flashback. I guess we don't *really* know but it makes sense for it to be one of the undead cults to steal his body.
That would be poetic justice, in a way.  Though I doubt we'd be that lucky.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Amber Williams

Quote from: Jairus on July 16, 2008, 04:18:44 PM
Right now, though, I'm thinking about the fact that children cannot become undead, and the fact that undead cannot breed: I'm sensing potential problems if every being became an Undead.

Ironically enough, the children not being Undead was a deliberate action on Dark Pegasus' part.  He, as well as a couple others he worked with, found the idea of using children and infants in his Undead army to be a disgusting idea and so put the paramaters of the spell to not affect them.  DP didn't have ideals of making an Undead world, he was more interested in an easily recycled super-army he could use however he wished.

Unfortunately several of the cults now have an ideal of making an Undead world.  Which is partially why they are also so eager to catch up to DP.  Dark Pegaus is, more or less, the master of this particular spellcraft.  While there have been lesser forms of creating an Undead servant, DP perfected it and figured out what made it work to the point he was able to branch off and do some new things alltogether.

I feel kind of bad since while this most recent comic was quite the wall of text, I could have added a lot more. :B

Jairus

Quote from: Amber Williams on July 16, 2008, 05:26:11 PM
Quote from: Jairus on July 16, 2008, 04:18:44 PM
Right now, though, I'm thinking about the fact that children cannot become undead, and the fact that undead cannot breed: I'm sensing potential problems if every being became an Undead.

Ironically enough, the children not being Undead was a deliberate action on Dark Pegasus' part.  He, as well as a couple others he worked with, found the idea of using children and infants in his Undead army to be a disgusting idea and so put the paramaters of the spell to not affect them.  DP didn't have ideals of making an Undead world, he was more interested in an easily recycled super-army he could use however he wished.

Unfortunately several of the cults now have an ideal of making an Undead world.  Which is partially why they are also so eager to catch up to DP.  Dark Pegaus is, more or less, the master of this particular spellcraft.  While there have been lesser forms of creating an Undead servant, DP perfected it and figured out what made it work to the point he was able to branch off and do some new things alltogether.

Wow... so these cults want him to take it to the next step and refine the process? Heck, him being unwilling to use children in his army even sounds a bit like my notion of him being a relatively honorable individual. Wait... he worked with someone else? Ho boy. Just out of curiosity, did any of those other individuals go on to become undead themselves in an attempt at relative immortality, only to discover that DP had set parameters on the spell to prevent breeding? I mean, they'd want him to basically "reset" the spell if he was the one who created it in the first place, so they'd try to create these cults in an attempt to make him join them and thus forcing him to fix the limiter... my thoughts aren't all that well organized, are they?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Jairus on July 16, 2008, 05:31:45 PM
my thoughts aren't all that well organized, are they?

No. I'd really recommend thinking these things through before posting anything. Otherwise you may annoy Amber, and an annoyed Amber makes for less comics.

See if you can guess what happens after that. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jairus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 16, 2008, 05:35:15 PM
No. I'd really recommend thinking these things through before posting anything. Otherwise you may annoy Amber, and an annoyed Amber makes for less comics.

See if you can guess what happens after that. ;-]

Everyone on the forum tracks me down and lynches me?

Alright, let's try this again...

So, the cults seem to want DP to refine the spell and make it possible for them to breed and give birth to more Undead. Amber mentioned that he worked with some other people to create the Undead, and I was wondering if perhaps these other members became Undead themselves shortly after they learned that the Undead retained their free will after Undeath. However, they might not have been able to alter the spells themselves, and needed DP to reset it the spell to allow reproduction. They might want to make him an Undead himself, forcing him to "repair" spell. I guess.

EDIT: Shoot, Pagan basically said what I wanted to say about the other people involved while I was editing. Oh well.

Pagan

I won't. I'd be more concerned with finding these other high level necromancers. Hmm... if these guys are undead, they'd be something of a lich, right? Maybe they're the heads of the 'let's take over the world' cults? But if Dark Peg really is an uber necromancer, that's a solid reason for any undead imperialist to want their hands on him.

Hmm.... what would happen if beings stopped existing on Furrae? Creatures lose a food source but also lose a predator... Animals lose a predator. Kinda like the mongoose goes away and it's only the cobras and mice left. Would the world really stop turning though? There's plenty of other sentients.

Besides, it's not as if this is a really important universe anyway, remember?

Stygian

I feel kind of bad since while this most recent comic was quite the wall of text, I could have added a lot more. :B

It's not Ctrl+Alt+Del, and the greatly reduced amount of bullshit and more appealing characters help. Personally, I think you could hit us with another one o' them walls, and I'd hardly complain. :3

Jairus

Quote from: Stygian on July 16, 2008, 06:29:09 PM
It's not Ctrl+Alt+Del, and the greatly reduced amount of bullshit and more appealing characters help. Personally, I think you could hit us with another one o' them walls, and I'd hardly complain. :3

Just don't make us run into these walls too often... a little head trauma goes a long way, as my disjointed thoughts prove.

Alondro

*Charline hmphs*  DP is proving to be quite a wuss!  Undead infants would be an incredibly effective morale-breaker!  And what's best, you can kidnap people's children and threaten to do the same to them!  Very soon all would obey you or watch their young become brain-eating monsters!  It's no good being evil if you're not willing to go all the way.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Jairus

Quote from: Alondro on July 16, 2008, 06:45:18 PM
*Charline hmphs*  DP is proving to be quite a wuss!  Undead infants would be an incredibly effective morale-breaker!  And what's best, you can kidnap people's children and threaten to do the same to them!  Very soon all would obey you or watch their young become brain-eating monsters!  It's no good being evil if you're not willing to go all the way.   >:3

Morale-breaker yes, but infants and babies are nearly useless as soldiers. A child soldier is indeed a possibility, but I think DP would have wanted more physically fit young-adult and adult soldiers for his armies, rather than small children.

It's almost like DP doesn't want to do any more than is necessary for world domination... which either doesn't make sense or means that he is a truly effective villain.

DarkAudit

The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Amber Williams

Quote from: Jairus on July 16, 2008, 06:48:06 PM
Morale-breaker yes, but infants and babies are nearly useless as soldiers. A child soldier is indeed a possibility, but I think DP would have wanted more physically fit young-adult and adult soldiers for his armies, rather than small children.

It's almost like DP doesn't want to do any more than is necessary for world domination... which either doesn't make sense or means that he is a truly effective villain.

Who said DP desires world domination?

I will say this much...the thing to try to remember with DP is that he doesn't particularly strive to be a villain or evil.  He doesn't care for wasteful carnage or pointless acts of violence, and views those that engage in them as childish and lacking a true vision.  In many ways he will often put civility as a priority.  It is just that DP has goals, and he is more than willing to do things that are not "good" to achieve them.  He doesn't really revel in acts of evil moreso than he sees them as an unfortunate necessity. 

Sunblink

Quote from: Amber Williams on July 16, 2008, 07:07:39 PM

I will say this much...the thing to try to remember with DP is that he doesn't particularly strive to be a villain or evil.  He doesn't care for wasteful carnage or pointless acts of violence, and views those that engage in them as childish and lacking a true vision.  In many ways he will often put civility as a priority.  It is just that DP has goals, and he is more than willing to do things that are not "good" to achieve them.  He doesn't really revel in acts of evil moreso than he sees them as an unfortunate necessity. 

Now that I know this about DP's perspective, I think I like him even more now.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

KelseyPotter

I find myself wondering a few things.

1) What was DP called before he was DP?
2) How long had Hannah been dead before she was raised up as an effect of the spell?
2.5) How did Hannah die?
3) How is Dan reacting to this information overload?
4) What exactly is DP's goal?

And basically, Amber, what you're telling us is that DP isn't evil...he's just determined. My mind compared him to the witch in Into the Woods ("I was just trying to be a good mother!") and now I'm going to forever imagine Bernadette Peters playing DP and singing "The Last Midnight"...

Jack McSlay

Quote from: terrycloth on July 16, 2008, 04:02:57 PMSo... is dark pegasus undead now? I mean, in the present not the flashback. I guess we don't *really* know but it makes sense for it to be one of the undead cults to steal his body.
his cast pages says it's probable he knows a better way of coming back from the dead rather than becoming an undead, so if he does I guess it would be safe to assume he uses it on himself
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Zedd

So much info and that is major suckage what happened Amber..Not even I can rember proper events of familys too

Lena

These wall-o-text comics are always pretty awesome...then again, I may be biased, considering the amount I usually read per day. The image of the wall made of text-bricks is going to keep me giggling for the next few days. :mowhappy
I love how these type always get the forum going. All these little bits of info that get dribbled out to us during the following posts are so cool! Plus, DP developing (for us) into something other than black-and-white villain? Totally rocks! :ipod 

silentassassin

Quote from: silentassassin on July 16, 2008, 03:04:49 PM
huh so that's where he gets the dark part and here i thought it was a cool nickname from college
p.s. it's princess unicorn ..... wait maybe he is a unicorn amber said they exist and as i said in my earlier thread he does have a horn :mowhappy yay i figured you out amber

yeah i put his post at the end of page 1 so not many saw it so im just reposting i guess

Stygian

In many ways [Dark Pegasus]  will often put civility as a priority.  It is just that DP has goals, and he is more than willing to do things that are not "good" to achieve them.  He doesn't really revel in acts of evil moreso than he sees them as an unfortunate necessity. 

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on July 16, 2008, 07:16:10 PM
Now that I know this about DP's perspective, I think I like him even more now.

'When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite.'

- Winston Churchill

>:3

Jairus

Quote from: Jairus on July 16, 2008, 06:48:06 PM

Wow... um... all of a sudden my respect for DP has shot up half a dozen points or so. Hm, I need to think about this, but currently I'm having visions of Havelock Vetinari of Ankh-Morpork of the Discworld placed beside DP, and that is frightening. What is DP up to?

Quote from: KelseyPotter on July 16, 2008, 07:29:49 PM
And basically, Amber, what you're telling us is that DP isn't evil...he's just determined. My mind compared him to the witch in Into the Woods ("I was just trying to be a good mother!") and now I'm going to forever imagine Bernadette Peters playing DP and singing "The Last Midnight"...

Great, now I've got that image stuck in my head too. That is really appropriate though...
"Careful the spell you cast, not just on children. Sometimes the spell will last, past what you can see, and turn against you. Careful the tale you tell, that is the spell."