07/16/08 [DMFA #922] - If you won't tell, I will

Started by AmigaDragon, July 16, 2008, 02:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmigaDragon

YAY! first post!

I didn't actually have much to say yet on this. Let's see where the thread goes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Jairus

Holy crap. He did create the undead race. And right off the bat we get both sides of the story! This is really interesting: it might actually take me a night to digest it all. I also find it interesting that Dark Pegasus might not be his real name. So many questions: Why is it that every single new comic seems to induce a paradigm shift in our understanding of their world?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Ganurath

I can't say I'm really surprised. It's been hinted at on multiple occasions in this flashback that DP makes a point of destroying undead, using them to power the death knights and all. It also makes sense that undead would seek revenge: With their capacity for sensation diminished or possibly nonexistent, they are unfeeling machines of flesh and bone with memories of a happier existence that came to a peaceful conclusion brought to an end by an incompetent demon. Undead logic: I either go back to peaceful rest or get revenge against the one who disturbed it: win-win!
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

AmigaDragon

Amber, look at it this way. By missing the reunion, you saved traveling expenses which can now be spent on other things. Maybe you can make it next time. A month from now, I'll be in Idaho for a family reunion for 2 weeks and will have at least a week worth of comics and other stories to catch up on (might catch some on my brother's internet connection while still in Idaho).

I just have to make sure I can get someone to take care of my weekly recording and radio edit while I'm gone. The recording is already taken care of, but if an alternate can do that, it'll take the load off the regular sound system operators. Unlike Amber, I can't do my tasks from remote locations out of state.

Oh, and second panel, still glowing red, so he's keeping the power built up while they talk, ready to attack at any moment.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Jairus

Oh, Amber, I missed your news entry. I'm sorry about you missing your reunion. Well, like AmigaDragon basically said, there's always next year. I've screwed up due dates and stuff like that plenty before, and it even once helped me miss a reunion myself. Then again, since most f my family is just as nuts as I am, that was probably a good thing...

As for the wallpapers... ho boy... I do not envy your decision at all.

Slowtini

Pagan

Not much to say about the comic other than I now have the answer to a question.
As for the wallpapers... I'm not much of an opinion. So long as Dan and Regina have places of honor, I'm good.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Jairus

Quote from: Pagan on July 16, 2008, 03:26:01 AM
As for the wallpapers... I'm not much of an opinion. So long as Dan and Regina have places of honor, I'm good.

And so long as Jyrras and Abel are somewhere near one another - preferably with Abel continuing to leave Jyrras flustered! (Just kidding, Amber: do it however you want!)

Personally, I don't mind the wall of text. Also: scratch my theory that DP doesn't like to monologue, since he seems to be doing it fine here.

!KCA

Apparently, DP's career has just been one long string of dismal failures.

Wallpaper: Just draw everyone swimming. Keep everyone low enough in the water and don't draw any straps; you'll imply that the girls, and by association, the boys, are skinnydipping. It's easily interpreted as fanservice; but, you don't actually have to draw anything.

(In all honesty, though, I'd prefer it if you avoided fanservice like a plague. Or subverted it in a humorous manner. Well, that's what I'd do, anyway.)

Amber Williams

Quote from: Jairus on July 16, 2008, 03:42:59 AM
Personally, I don't mind the wall of text. Also: scratch my theory that DP doesn't like to monologue, since he seems to be doing it fine here.

Well to be fair, he is dialoguing more than monologuing since he is more or less responding to Hannah. :U

Quote from: AmigaDragon on July 16, 2008, 02:53:03 AM
Amber, look at it this way. By missing the reunion, you saved traveling expenses which can now be spent on other things.

Worst. Consoling. Ever. :<

Quote from: Ganurath on July 16, 2008, 02:45:08 AM
It also makes sense that undead would seek revenge:

For some yeah...but sadly its not the ones that simply want revenge that DP is concerned about.  Really, that would be understandable and tolerated. DP's paranoia comes from the ones who have created cults around being Undead and would love to get their hands on what DP knows and feel his proper place is as their Undead leader and lord.

Jairus

Quote from: Amber Williams on July 16, 2008, 03:52:32 AM

For some yeah...but sadly its not the ones that simply want revenge that DP is concerned about.  Really, that would be understandable and tolerated. DP's paranoia comes from the ones who have created cults around being Undead and would love to get their hands on what DP knows and feel his proper place is as their Undead leader and lord.

Wow... the way you put it, it almost makes DP sound... honorable. As if he knows that he screwed up, and doesn't want to make it any worse, while there are people out there who want to take it even further. Sure, exterminating all of the Undead is a little extreme, but still it's... interesting to say the least. Is he just not interested in further experiments with the undead concept, or does he feel that since he screwed up the first time it's just going to keep happening that way? Oy, I'll say it again: "Why is it that every single new comic seems to induce a paradigm shift in our understanding of their world?"

MT Hazard

Is the comic posted elsewhere? I can't connect to the main site for some reason.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Wanderer

Main site not loading. Comic not visible. Panic commencing. 'A'

Mao

llearch n'n'daCorna

See here for details; remain calm, stick your head between your knees, and take deep breaths. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

AndersW

Site is back up.

As for the wallpapers, could I suggest that you put everyone in superhero outfits. :mowsmile

Alondro

Amber, look at it this way. By missing the reunion, you saved traveling expenses which can now be spent on other things.

Ok, look at it this way.  You could have my family instead.   :B

*Charline unceremoniously bashes Charles out of the way for her much more important self-glorification*  Anyway, this proves DP is a novice!  I would never forget to remove the self-will from my created slaves!  It's such a simple thing to figure out!  And of course, to reiterate, he's been beaten by Dan!  Fa'lina beat Dan with a picture frame over the head!  Sorry DP, you rate along the lines of Gargamel in terms of villainy.  I, as a comparison, would be at level with Knives of "Trigun".   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: AndersW on July 16, 2008, 09:40:10 AM
Site is back up.

Not from here, it's not. Since it's a routing issue, that means it could well be up for some people, and not everyone. :-/

I feel all discriminated against. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

Aisha deCabre

Site's down for me too.  Always glad to know you're not alone when something crappy happens.  :rolleyes
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Jairus

Lucheek

Quote from: Jairus on July 16, 2008, 03:42:59 AM

Well to be fair, he is dialoguing more than monologuing since he is more or less responding to Hannah. :U

...Hmm. Wouldn't that work to his advantage? I forgot to get rid of their free-will...but now they are worshipping me. A cult can be easily directed at the hands of their "Lord". ;)

Also, Hahaha. x3 Nice top bar. Co-CO!

Mao

Except that they've retained who they were as well.  While they might feel that he should be their 'Lord' they likely have their own views about how he should act as said 'Lord'.  This may or may not fit in with what he wants.  Not to mention he's ashamed of seeing them since it's a reminder that he screwed up.  Most don't  want to hang around a reminder of their failure, but would rather move on.

Gamma

Quote from: Lucheek on July 16, 2008, 01:21:38 PM
...Hmm. Wouldn't that work to his advantage? I forgot to get rid of their free-will...but now they are worshipping me. A cult can be easily directed at the hands of their "Lord". ;)

Also, Hahaha. x3 Nice top bar. Co-CO!
Only if they were dumb enough to let him keep being alive, they want him undead remember.

He doesn't have an extremely good reason to try again with the whole undead of Furrae thing. His Death Knights require a bit more labor to create but are still based in undead tech and are more obedient then his last attempt. Mind you they can and do make mistakes.
Recycling, what a wonderful idea :P

It seems a bit campy, probably, but a summer-wear tug of war between the sexes could be interesting.
You've probably already scrapped that idea though.
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Sunblink

Website isn't up for me, still, but I was able to see the comic from the alternate hosting place.

I actually really like Dark Pegasus, but I have a weakness for the magnificently eloquent types anyway. Most of my villains end up falling within that archetype for that reason. It's also extremely interesting to find out that Dark Pegasus was responsible for the Undead race's creation >:3 Great plot twist, Amber.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

MT Hazard

And for no apparent reason...

Zombie hello kitty!
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Jairus

Whoever made that had problems. I am so glad I have to walk to class right now: that'll give me plenty of opportunity to drive it from my head by listening to Japanese groups singing songs I don't understand.

It is kind of cute, though. I just wouldn't want one myself.

Pagan

A bit off topic, a lot random. But those things are awesome. Have a cookie, Hazard.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Mao

Wait... Hannah mentions that Dark Pegasus is only going by that name these days... I wonder what he was known as previously?

silentassassin

huh so that's where he gets the dark part and here i thought it was a cool nickname from college
p.s. it's princess unicorn ..... wait maybe he is a unicorn amber said they exist and as i said in my earlier thread he does have a horn :mowhappy yay i figured you out amber