Started by icarus, July 14, 2008, 05:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

icarus

WHO. DOES. NUMBER. TWO. WORK. FOOOOOR?

feel better, amber.

Edit:
Just fixing the title. Don't mind me...
  -- llearch

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

skarrbag

Quote from: icarus on July 14, 2008, 05:29:32 AM
feel better, amber.
Hope also for the betterness :/ Dosnt seem to be your... er... entire month @_@

Ry

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

Mostly makes me wonder whos next to break the silence of the little frog pond

Alondro

But long-winded narrative monologues are vital for villainy! 

Just more evidence that DP is not good at being bad.  He's just a novice.  :3

Frankly, Destania has wayyy more going in the super-villain department.  I mean, plotting genocide of an entire sapient species?  That pretty much clinches the super-villain title. 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Kazuki

It annoys me that I just noticed this, but I have to wonder if all the bunnies on Furrae have smexy "nasty shiny sharp pointy teeth," or if it's more something peculiar to undead bunnies, or, indeed, to Hannah herself, as the teeth are not in significant enough detail to really tell on the image of Rachel-Rebecca the Third in Demonology 101... Either that or it's a mere stylistic effect, and I'm overthinking things, as often happens.

thegayhare

Ohhhh

Oddly enough the tital bar of the comci was the first thing I ever texted my sisters new boyfreind

Radda radda radda radda...

Man did that confuse him

but anyway I loves Schnitzel, he's the man

demecowen

Quote from: Ry on July 14, 2008, 07:16:42 AM
Whoa, a villain who won't monologue!

Yet he is more than happy to complain to some stranger about the politics of villianly.

Hmmm..... maybe  DP already fill his monologue quota and doesn't feel he need to talk anymore and to fill his carnage quota :P

Jairus

Well, scratch the theories that somehow he hated the Undead. He's just sick and tired of groups of adventurers barging in and disturbing him. And he also seems to be the kind of supervillain who read the supervillain list, in that he doesn't want to have to explain his motivations and past to the new "girl." I like DP more and more with each passing day.

And maybe we should be glad he doesn't want to monologue about the past. Most monologues in DMFA involve slides and visual aids or even a full-blown flashback, but we're already in a flashback. So Dan would end up flashbacking about a flashback, which is a little meta for my tastes.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Ganurath

Quote from: Alondro on July 14, 2008, 09:51:52 AMJust more evidence that DP is not good at being bad.  He's just a novice.  :3
Or he's familiar with the Evil Overlord List.
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Jairus

Quote from: Ganurath on July 14, 2008, 12:50:22 PM
Quote from: Alondro on July 14, 2008, 09:51:52 AMJust more evidence that DP is not good at being bad.  He's just a novice.  :3

That's the term I was trying to remember! Thank you.

Ganurath

Quote from: Jairus on July 14, 2008, 12:51:16 PM
Quote from: Ganurath on July 14, 2008, 12:50:22 PM

That's the term I was trying to remember! Thank you.
It's not a term, it's my sacred texts.
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Jairus

My apologies, Ganurath. Truth be told, I love that stuff too. I also have to confess that DP has never exactly been one of my favorite villains (no fault of his own, he just hasn't been around for all that long), but he is rapidly climbing the ladder of my esteem thanks to his repeated bouts of Genre Savviness.

ChaosTiger

wow it's been a long time... I've kept up with the comic, but haven't posted in... a year? o_O (edit: last post was March 18, 2007)

you know when you watch too many cartoons when you can understand:

a) Pokemon
b) Coco
c) Schnitzel

Jairus

Quote from: ChaosTiger on July 14, 2008, 01:19:39 PM
wow it's been a long time... I've kept up with the comic, but haven't posted in... a year? o_O

a) Pokemon
b) Coco
c) Schnitzel

Well, welcome back! And it is a little scary to realize that you've been there for all of those cartoons. I can even vaguely remember the first episode of Dragon Ball Z, though not much... mainly something about a kid with a tail.

Besides, there's nothing wrong with watching cartoons. Nothing at all...

ChaosTiger

yeah, the kid with the tail was Goku... he turns into a giant ape if he looks at the full moon o_O

and I didn't say there was anything bad about cartoons, just about watching too many...

which I do

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on July 14, 2008, 12:57:46 PM
I also have to confess that DP has never exactly been one of my favorite villains (no fault of his own, he just hasn't been around for all that long)
Now I'm curious.  Would you mind clarifying that?
In strip, DP is pushing 800 years old, and was one of the first actual villains to appear in the comic.  I guess you meant in a larger scope, i.e that he was invented within the last 6 years?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

Quote from: ChaosTiger on July 14, 2008, 01:34:17 PM
and I didn't say there was anything bad about cartoons, just about watching too many...

which I do

No such thing as too many, trust me.  No. Such.  Thing.

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 14, 2008, 01:38:07 PM
Quote from: Jairus on July 14, 2008, 12:57:46 PM
I also have to confess that DP has never exactly been one of my favorite villains (no fault of his own, he just hasn't been around for all that long)
Now I'm curious.  Would you mind clarifying that?
In strip, DP is pushing 800 years old, and was one of the first actual villains to appear in the comic.  I guess you meant in a larger scope, i.e that he was invented within the last 6 years?

In the sense that he basically last appeared in strip 164, not counting his still-occupied grave a few hundred strips ago. He basically appeared for that one arc, and aside from knowing that he and Dan had encountered one another twice before, he hasn't made much of an appearance, that's all. I'm basically saying that he needs a few more appearances to solidify him in my mind, and this flashback is doing that for me.

And I agree with Mowser. There is nothing wrong with Cartoons. Nothing wrong at all. At all. At all. My shows are now on. I must go watch them.

Zedd

I guess Amber has become a minature rock monster like Schnitzel alright...Well neverless hes awesome.

ChaosTiger

Rada rada, Rada rada rada radara-

err...

Allright, I guess you're right about cartoons... you can never watch too many... and Schnitzel is indeed awesome

Jairus

Quote from: Zedd on July 14, 2008, 01:45:58 PM
I guess Amber has become a minature rock monster like Schnitzel alright...Well neverless hes awesome.

But I thought she wanted to be a Fraggle... now if only I could the comic to prove it!

ChaosTiger

on a completely unrelated topic...

"ChaosTiger
Random Wanderer
Fuzzy Fluffball"

Fuzzy Fluffball... anyway to make that title permanent? :3

Jairus

Quote from: ChaosTiger on July 14, 2008, 01:51:51 PM

"ChaosTiger
Random Wanderer
Fuzzy Fluffball"

Well, under your profile, you could set up your custom title to include both "Random Wanderer" and "Fuzzy Fluffball." I mean, it'll look a little weird if you ever become "ChaosTiger, Random Wanderer, Fuzzy Fluffball, Undead"... actually that sounds awesome.

ChaosTiger

Quote from: Jairus on July 14, 2008, 01:56:03 PM

"ChaosTiger
Random Wanderer
Fuzzy Fluffball"

Well, under your profile, you could set up your custom title to include both "Random Wanderer" and "Fuzzy Fluffball." I mean, it'll look a little weird if you ever become "ChaosTiger, Random Wanderer, Fuzzy Fluffball, Undead"... actually that sounds awesome.
...that does sound awesome... *will wait untill it changes*

Jairus

Quote from: ChaosTiger on July 14, 2008, 02:00:28 PM
Quote from: Jairus on July 14, 2008, 01:56:03 PM

"ChaosTiger
Random Wanderer
Fuzzy Fluffball"

...that does sound awesome... *will wait untill it changes*

But THEN you'll have to add the "Undead" in when your posts get higher... what's the next rank after "Undead?"

ChaosTiger

Quote from: Jairus on July 14, 2008, 02:01:23 PM
But THEN you'll have to add the "Undead" in when your posts get higher… what's the next rank after "Undead?"
no idea... but I think I'll just stick with Fuzzy Fluffball

Edit:
Fixed your ziggurat.
  -- llearch

Jairus

AmigaDragon

Austin Powers quotes? I guess I'll have to rent AP sometime to know what you're talking about (besides the obvious ones seen in trailers and other movie clips).

Quote from: Alondro on July 14, 2008, 09:51:52 AM
Frankly, Destania has wayyy more going in the super-villain department.  I mean, plotting genocide of an entire sapient species?  That pretty much clinches the super-villain title. 
The genocide could be just a front right now for what she's really planning/doing.

Quote from: Jairus on July 14, 2008, 10:42:13 AM
Well, scratch the theories that somehow he hated the Undead.
and why's that? In #905 Hanna plainly says he's notorious for his hatred of them. He's just trying to be sure who's there, an accidental captive or some (apparently) undead group that's actively coming after him.

Quote from: ChaosTiger on July 14, 2008, 01:19:39 PM

a) Pokemon
b) Coco
c) Schnitzel
I've seen some of a) but am clueless on the others. Searching either of them gives too many results (lots of them are food) to tell me what you're referring to.

Quote from: Jairus on July 14, 2008, 01:43:14 PM
In the sense that he basically last appeared in strip 164, not counting his still-occupied grave a few hundred strips ago. He basically appeared for that one arc, and aside from knowing that he and Dan had encountered one another twice before, he hasn't made much of an appearance, that's all. I'm basically saying that he needs a few more appearances to solidify him in my mind, and this flashback is doing that for me.
Dan defeated DP 3 times. this doesn't necessarily mean they haven't encountered each other at other times when DP wasn't in the middle of another scheme.
And I agree with Mowser. There is nothing wrong with Cartoons. Nothing wrong at all. At all. At all. My shows are now on. I must go watch them.
Lots of cartoons have better plots and acting than many other shows (and of course there are those that are worse than any other kind of show too).

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen