16/05/08 [DMFA #904] - Sleepy Time

Started by Tapewolf, May 16, 2008, 08:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Awesome.  Now I have to ask myself, Did Amber ever read "Against A Dark Background" by Iain M Banks?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hehehehehe.

I note the lovely blood trail down Aliyka's arm, which is extremely well drawn, and Dan's black eye, which should show up wonderfully later... ;-]

... And Hannah's arm isn't actually attached.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Raskahn

Aah yes, decapitated corpse talking and going about it's own business. nothing to worry about. :)

Tapewolf

The ringing in Sharrow's ears was fading and she was feeling a little stronger and less groggy.  She was able to focus on what was moving across the stone table.  ****ing Fate, it was the android's hand!
The forearm, the one that had been chopped off by the same stroke that had beheaded it.  The arm had fallen to the table and that was where it was now, crawling over the surface very slowly and quietly, using its fingers.
She felt her eyes go wide and tried to turn the movement into what she hoped looked like another attempt to clear her head.

Gods, the arm was heading for the Lazy Gun.  She stared at Geis and smiled inanely.
"...well, but in a way you might be rather proud of, even if it was never a way you could have imagined."

She looked for Feril's head.  It wasn't under the table where it had fallen.  Its body wasn't lying in separate pieces on the floor, either.  Then she saw it: both halves of the body were propped against what looked like a giant electrical junction box.  The head, Feril's head, had been set on an end-post of the weapons rack.  From where it was perched it had had a perfectly good view of the Lazy Gun and the hand was now less than a metre from the Gun's open trigger mechanism.  Geis was still talking.

--Against A Dark Background, Chapter 24, Iain M Banks

It's probably a coincidence.  Even if that was where she got the idea from, it doesn't detract from how awesome the scene is.

CameronCN

Quote from: Lone_Wolf on May 16, 2008, 08:28:00 PM
Aah yes, decapitated corpse talking and going about it's own business. nothing to worry about. :)

No, the words are coming from across the room, see? (Presumably from inside a box...)

This whole thing is just so deliciously awesomely macabre. And funny. :boogie

Ren Gaulen

OK... So Aliyka was winning... Fork. >:[ I guess she is some kind of a berserker. But her face in the second panel makes up for that. Dan's face in the next panel, however, is even better. Seriously, what is wrong with him there?? And hurray for Hannah! :cvsoul (That's supposed to be fireworks. :3) I wonder why only her left arm an leg (not counting her head) were removed. I bet Dark P wanted to make himself a nice dinner! >:3

Quote from: Lone_Wolf on May 16, 2008, 08:28:00 PM
Yeah, that's perfectly normal. I'm used to that kind of stuff. Where's my medkit - nothing beats sewing an undead person's removed limbs back on, after all.

Aurawyn

:erk  :U

really was not expecting that!

Alondro

*Alondro*  The horror... the horror...  :erk

*Charles*  B-blood...  :mowdizzy

*Charline*  Cool!  The advantages of being modular!  She's like a Lego person!   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tapewolf

Oh my gods.  Aliyka's eyes changed colour.  What the heck's that mean?

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 16, 2008, 08:45:20 PM
Oh my gods.  Aliyka's eyes changed colour.  What the heck's that mean?

Just like I said - she is a berserker. :3

AmigaDragon

Nice aim, Hannah, especially when you can't see your hands and the target, either that or a lucky shot.

As for the partial dismemberment, maybe DP didn't realize she was a zombie until after the first arm and leg (not bleeding), whether he was hungry or not. If he was after a meal, I would think zombie flesh is usually avoided by the living. Beheading would keep her out of trouble until he could get back to finish the job.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Psaakyrn

Quote from: AmigaDragon on May 16, 2008, 09:17:23 PM
Nice aim, Hannah, especially when you can't see your hands and the target, either that or a lucky shot.

As for the partial dismemberment, maybe DP didn't realize she was a zombie until after the first arm and leg (not bleeding), whether he was hungry or not. If he was after a meal, I would think zombie flesh is usually avoided by the living. Beheading would keep her out of trouble until he could get back to finish the job.

Or that she has spells to see past the visible spectrum and/or for object detection..

For some random reason I think that the dismemberment is for transportation efficiency (cue briefcase)...
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Raffe

Hmmm...I wonder how I would've reacted if I weren't an active forumist...
That and why didn't she move while Dan was taking her down?
Hooray ellipsis!

Psaakyrn

Possibly because she's still drained of magic? (we don't know exactly how her body's being controlled)
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Dracora

Quote from: AmigaDragon on May 16, 2008, 09:17:23 PM

Errr, who says DP is living? He does seem to rise from the grave often enough....

GabrielsThoughts

either a dismantled undead body is  performing magic, or some cubi has a wicked sense of humor
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Shadowcatcher

Yikes.  I never saw that coming.  Not in a million years.

joshofspam

yay she one of thee undead so she lives on so to speak hurray unnerving  but hurray
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Goatmon

Quote from: Cameron on May 16, 2008, 08:31:22 PMNo, the words are coming from across the room, see? (Presumably from inside a box...)

Ahahahah, it's true!

xD

jo-shadow

I KNEW IT =D

Don't ask me how, but she was too good a character to just kill off ^^
But yah, creepy that <_<;

Akisohida

Bwhahaha! I wonder how Dan will react?
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Tycoon

I was totally expecting this.

And those first two panels were probably the best drawn panels in the entire series. Great job, Amber.

Daymond42

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 16, 2008, 08:32:23 PM
I wonder why only her left arm an leg (not counting her head) were removed.

To pay for the gas prices, of course! It costs and arm and a leg.. but it doesn't necessarily have to be -yours-. :)

Aurawyn

Quote from: Tycoon on May 16, 2008, 10:44:53 PM

And those first two panels were probably the best drawn panels in the entire series. Great job, Amber.

I'm glad I missed Amber's comment in that post.. I was suprized!

bilbo-sama

Quote from: Tycoon on May 16, 2008, 10:44:53 PM

I was sitting here going 'HOLY CRAP! o_o' until I read that link.

Yay for not frequenting the forums a lot. I truly didn't see that coming. \o\;

Naldru

I've got to say it.

Although Hannah fell to pieces when dealing with Dark Pegasus's minions, it looks like she is recovering and will manage to pull herself together.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Gamma

Quote from: Naldru on May 17, 2008, 12:37:20 AM
Although Hannah fell to pieces when dealing with Dark Pegasus's minions, it looks like she is recovering and will manage to pull herself together.

NO! Bad PUNS!! Bad!
Naughty, Wicked, Ebil, puns! You must pay the penalty.

Sorry I had to do it myself.:deadhorse
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Raffe

Does Dan ever use his wings? For attack? push off floor? balance? to wrap? grapple combo?
Hooray ellipsis!