12/05/08 [Abel 2 #16] - Must you do this?

Started by Feather Dancer, May 12, 2008, 03:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feather Dancer

Aniz acting remotely... sane and not foot in mouthish. Scary.

I expected Paunch :(
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Dannysaysnoo

I just got an image of Fa'Lina and Aniz in Ultimia 7.

"Must you do this, Aniz?"

Alondro

*Charline understands the female psyche... being female and all...*  A woman forced to recall old emotional scars is the most dangerous kind.  Especially for the one who forced them to remember. 

*hopes there will be horrid mangling of Aniz next time!*   :boogie
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Ren Gaulen

Aniz's common sense along with the sense of shame kicked in. Finally. :sweatdrop
But whatever Aniz's plan is, it's quite important to him, since he is ready to wait for nearly three centuries to accomplish it.
Quote from: Alondro on May 12, 2008, 04:01:27 PM
*Charline understands the female psyche... being female and all...*  A woman forced to recall old emotional scars is the most dangerous kind.  Especially for the one who forced them to remember. 

*hopes there will be horrid mangling of Aniz next time!*   :boogie
Abandon your hopes, then. >:3 He is already leaving.

PurpleCheeseLlama

Fa'lina looks so beautiful and sad in that last panel ;-;

Don

This..is somewhat confusing, Aniz went from looking like an idiot who was seconds away from death..to someone who is actually capable of being sensable when he gets into tthe right situation. Fa'lina seems to have no intention of really killing him but her words of 'must you do this?' almost make them sound like good friends and Aniz merely screwed up..wich may be so and I just mmissed alot of things in the past couple weeks.

I'm not actually thinking right now so that's proboblly all i'm going to say for this but i'll definatly be reading.

Angel

Quote from: 96Zack96 on May 12, 2008, 04:05:25 PM
This..is somewhat confusing, Aniz went from looking like an idiot who was seconds away from death..to someone who is actually capable of being sensably when he gets into tthe right situation. Fa'lina seems to have no intention of really killing him but her words of 'must you do this?' almost make them sound like good friends and Aniz merely screwed up..

I was just thinking the same thing. Now I feel bad for both of them... :(

At least this confirms that Aniz is capable of genuine non-jerkdom. And once again, I see Abel taking after his father personality-wise.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Tapewolf

Quote from: PurpleCheeseLlama on May 12, 2008, 04:03:56 PM
Indeed.  Very much so.

This does give me hope that Aniz - who does actually seem to be capable of learning - will have got his act together in the intervening three centuries.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Black_angel on May 12, 2008, 04:10:23 PM
At least this confirms that Aniz is capable of genuine non-jerkdom.

Yeah. It's nice to see him acting as a decent person. He was making me want to rip out his tongue lately..

Tapewolf

Ralanost

All this hostility towards each other and now this....they exes? :erk

RyuuYareYare

yeah im strangely suprised shes not puching him or made a mock comment. :bunn :curseyou

Saist

* Saist tilts his head and gets a REALLY confused look on his face

plot... twist...  my head hurts now...

PurpleCheeseLlama

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 12, 2008, 04:13:52 PM
Indeed.  Very much so.

This does give me hope that Aniz - who does actually seem to be capable of learning - will have got his act together in the intervening three centuries.

*lightbulb* Wait, after 3 centuries, Abel will be 325(ish)...he's near 400 now, so does he have a half-sibling somewhere in the Academy?

I bet this has already been answered XD

Raskahn

And that's good writing ladies and gentleman. even after all these years of DMFA, Amber never fails to amaze me.

Emotional Fa'lina: +1 character development.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: PurpleCheeseLlama on May 12, 2008, 05:11:05 PM
*lightbulb* Wait, after 3 centuries, Abel will be 325(ish)...he's near 400 now, so does he have a half-sibling somewhere in the Academy?

I bet this has already been answered XD

Yeah, and his younger brother's name is Daniel. (I am only joking about it.) "Foolish little brother... You are weak... Why are you so weak?.. Because you lack... brains. >:3" Now an image of Abel dressed up and acting like Itachi from "Naruto" is stuck in your brain.

Rafe

Wow.  We've seen a lot of really intense emotions from Fa'Lina, and in between, she usually is just her normal,  supremely confident (maybe even arrogant) self.  And now...this.

She's hurt, but not angry-hurt. Maybe disappointed, maybe even a little scared.  Whatever it is, for the first time, she actually looks vulnerable.
Rafe

Brunhidden

she almost seems CONCERNED for asshole.... this is somehow foreshadowing
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

terrycloth

I was kind of thinking Daniel, too... but Abel's too old for that.

It's probably *someone* Ti'Fiona, though, since Falina used that to get Abel to agree to tutor Dan.

Wanderer

QuoteAniz's common sense along with the sense of shame kicked in. Finally.
Finally indeed. Just goes to show that there are times when even he can realize he's gone too far. Like last time, when he made a blunder that could be described as "cosmically stupid."

Quote from: The ForumNews: The cake is delicious and moist.
The cake is a lie!

Lucheek

I think she's conserned for Abel...

Maybe next page will reveal Aniz's plan!

Ryan_Galen

Quote from: terrycloth on May 12, 2008, 06:25:37 PM
I was kind of thinking Daniel, too... but Abel's too old for that.

It's probably *someone* Ti'Fiona, though, since Falina used that to get Abel to agree to tutor Dan.

Same thought came to me. Checking the archive, there is some similarity between Edward and Aniz. Not much, mostly the hair, but there won't be much if Aniz had a kid with a being anyway. If this is the case, then most likely Aniz has been "spreading his seeds" again in an attempt to sire a kid who looks just like them.

As for Fa'Lina's last comment... it probally means that what Aniz is doing resonates somehow with the genocide of her clan. My bets are still on it being genetic reincarnation of certain dead members of his own clan, but that is just a far off guess.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryan_Galen on May 12, 2008, 08:02:53 PM
Same thought came to me. Checking the archive, there is some similarity between Edward and Aniz. Not much, mostly the hair, but there won't be much if Aniz had a kid with a being anyway.
If Edward is Aniz, it would explain - among other things - why Dee didn't erase him and why there are no clear shots of Edward's arm where Aniz' clan mark would be (though there are admittedly only about 3-4 pictures of him at all).  This line of reasoning seems to upset some people (?) so out of courtesy, I shall say no more.

Aurawyn

Fa'lina's Expression made my heart hurt  :cry

Zedd

Oh tardation and non expecting...Wow I never expected feel so mixed feelings for her now and Aniz as well

mousekrod

First thing that came to my mind is that she's concerned not about him, but about his going through with his plans and ruining more people's lives.

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: mousekrod on May 12, 2008, 10:45:44 PM
First thing that came to my mind is that she's concerned not about him, but about his going through with his plans and ruining more people's lives.
Are you sure? I thought it had more to do with the fact that Abel will take quite a while to train. If you are trying to increase the 'Cubi population, and you are having people like Aniz do it, you want any offspring to be trainable.

Remember, 'Cubi think of Beings as a food source, and a source of offspring. Being lives are worth almost nothing. My feeling is that the reason you don't get 'Cubi killing Beings En-masse is because if you get enough Beings riled up, they could take down a 'Cubi. (While a single Being might only be as strong as a bee, enough bee stings can kill a human).

Those are my thoughts on the matter.

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Goatmon

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 12, 2008, 08:35:09 PM
Quote from: Ryan_Galen on May 12, 2008, 08:02:53 PM
Same thought came to me. Checking the archive, there is some similarity between Edward and Aniz. Not much, mostly the hair, but there won't be much if Aniz had a kid with a being anyway.
If Edward is Aniz, it would explain - among other things - why Dee didn't erase him and why there are no clear shots of Edward's arm where Aniz' clan mark would be (though there are admittedly only about 3-4 pictures of him at all).  This line of reasoning seems to upset some people (?) so out of courtesy, I shall say no more.

That line of thinking isn't exactly wrong for any particular reason, but I'm kind of skeptical on whether Aniz had even been thought up at the time of those pages. 

Also, as you said, there are very few images of him as it is so it could just as easily be a total coincidence. 

Very interesting theory, though. 

Magic

Take note of the timeline. When will Aniz get back to SAIA?
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

celelorien

Quote from: Lucheek on May 12, 2008, 07:58:18 PM
I think she's conserned for Abel...

Maybe next page will reveal Aniz's plan!

i kinda always figured his plan was to set himself up as a founder of a new clan of his own or something... maybe Fa'Lina's "Must you do this?" is because she JUST got reminded of the pain of having a clan (and having it wiped out)... i dunno, my thoughts.  i highly doubt Danny-boy's related to Abel by blood or anything... maybe Edward's the one who finally killed Aniz? :0 i dunno, we shall have to WAIT AND SEEEE~!  :mwaha

in other news, Fa'Lina's face in that last panel is heartbreaking. :< want to hug poor pink poodle!