02/05/08 [DMFA #899] - Shorter speeches

Started by Tapewolf, May 02, 2008, 04:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

I notice Dan hasn't done anything to change her misconception...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

Yeah. Because it is easier to ditch her than to try to reason with her. Sure, Dan could use some help, but Aliyka would have been more of a burden anyway.

Fragmaster01

"...you can see all this... at the Mounted Animal Nature Trail!"
Anyway.

Ryan_Galen

...Dan is smarter then Aliyka.
Dan, is smarter, then Aliyka.
Daniel Ti'Fona is more intelligent then Aliyka.

...nope. Doesn't matter how I say it, my brain just doesn't believe what I'm reading between the lines in today's comic. Then again maybe I'm jus reading too far between the lines.

Wanderer

Talking's a free action, Amber!

You brought up the RPG reference first, don't blame me. :P

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Ryan_Galen on May 02, 2008, 06:09:42 PM

...nope. Doesn't matter how I say it, my brain just doesn't believe what I'm reading between the lines in today's comic. Then again maybe I'm jus reading too far between the lines.

No, Dan is smarter than Aliyka. He could be quite intelligent and cunning if he ever put any effort into it. The point is Dan does not realize how smart he really is yet. He has not even started to release his potential. Also, during the times of the flashback he was less self-confident and, therefore, less prone to make stupid moves.

Tapewolf

There is something seriously wrong with her head if she thinks that Dan - totally unarmed, dressed in a frock with a flower or something in his hair and having shown no inclination to attack her even after she hit him - is in league with Dark Pegasus.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 02, 2008, 06:20:06 PM
There is something seriously wrong with her head

That was all you had to say. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brunhidden

i am beginning to believe the birdchick had some past experiences with mind expanding substances to which the term 'expanding' is false advertising.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Ren Gaulen

I think Dark P has broken her brain. Then again, she was not all that bright before he caught her.

Wanderer

I don't know... I was never really that impressed with Aliyka's intelligence to begin with. I mean, hell she seemed genuinely surprised at DP attempting to summon the dark god... again.

AmigaDragon

One question I have (and we may find out as early as monday) is whether Dan got far enough away during her speech that she has to hunt to find him, or she still sees him. Also, how badly will she get in the way once she does catch up?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Naldru

However, there is one point that should be kept in mind:  Aliyka is still alive and her cast page indicates that her methods are effective.  I get the feeling that if Aliyka and Dan double-team Dark Pegasus, he will expire from sheer exasperation.

I also notice that Aliyka got better with headclunking over time, although the later headclunk had the assistance of Mab.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Naldru on May 02, 2008, 07:38:37 PM
However, there is one point that should be kept in mind:  Aliyka is still alive and her cast page indicates that her methods are effective.
Nah. She's alive simply because no villain could be bothered to kill her.

I get the feeling that if Aliyka and Dan double-team Dark Pegasus, he will expire from sheer exasperation.
That is if Dan does not die from the same first... We already know that she can annoy the hell out of him.

I also notice that Aliyka got better with headclunking over time, although the later headclunk had the assistance of Mab.
Considering how Mab's are Fists of Justice, Aliyka's role in that "klunk" is insignificant.

Slowtini

I see. So you are the type to sneaky off while I talk.

THAT MADE MY DAY! Thank you for that, Amber.

Zedd

Might as well go bare naked and fight DP with a lone feather if we want her to go on with her problems  :P

Brunhidden

Quote from: Zedd on May 03, 2008, 04:54:43 AM
Might as well go bare naked and fight DP with a lone feather if we want her to go on with her problems  :P

bare chested, like he was mocked for before.

fighting in only just enough to cover your junk is very heroic, and his early pants with sash combo is all he really needs to look the part
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Akisohida

Quote from: Brunhidden on May 03, 2008, 07:14:49 AM
Quote from: Zedd on May 03, 2008, 04:54:43 AM

bare chested, like he was mocked for before.

fighting in only just enough to cover your junk is very heroic, and his early pants with sash combo is all he really needs to look the part

WHy is that called junk, yet junk in your tr-no, no..Just no. Some questions should not be asked.

Anyways, I still don't think that is Aly, unless Amber has said differently and I missed it. I mean, could be 'Still into that hippy non-violence thing' means she was a pacifist when Dan met her and this bird is certainly a pacifist..but I just don't think it is Aly.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Tapewolf

Do you suppose Aliyka was sent because the Queen thought her expendable?

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 03, 2008, 08:44:32 AM
Do you suppose Aliyka was sent because the Queen thought her expendable?

I doubt that. For all we know Aliyka might have volunteered.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 03, 2008, 08:54:32 AM

The two are not mutually exclusive...

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 03, 2008, 09:06:25 AM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 03, 2008, 08:54:32 AM

The two are not mutually exclusive...

Queen did not strike me as a person who would send someone on a potentially suicide mission just because of that person being expendable. Then again, she might have made an exception for Aliyka.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 03, 2008, 09:10:32 AM
Queen did not strike me as a person who would send someone on a potentially suicide mission just because of that person being expendable. Then again, she might have made an exception for Aliyka.

She's got you fooled, hasn't she? ;-]

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 03, 2008, 09:14:05 AM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 03, 2008, 09:10:32 AM

She's got you fooled, hasn't she? ;-]
Apparently... :sweatdrop

techmaster-glitch

So the bad guys and the good guys need to learn the lesson of No Monologues! I'm pretty sure that's on the Evil Overlord list, but I can't recall whcih one at the moment...

Naldru

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 03, 2008, 12:36:42 PM
So the bad guys and the good guys need to learn the lesson of No Monologues! I'm pretty sure that's on the Evil Overlord list, but I can't recall whcih one at the moment...
I checked a few lists and couldn't find a specific section on monologues.

http://quoll.uwaterloo.ca/mine/overlord.html

http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html

However Wikipedia did have a little under "Villain Speech" and tvtropes also had a little on the subject.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Janus Whitefurr

My eyes kept going back to the page header.

A cawing crow. "I guess it's still alive."

Eric Draven sends his regards to Amber, I do think, unless I'm thinking of the wrong movie.

*disappear*
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

llearch n'n'daCorna

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh. I always preferred Jesus Brother Bob. ;-]