01/28/08 [DMFA # 871] - It's all about the win-win

Started by Damaris, January 27, 2008, 11:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damaris

That crazy Biggs.  Always thinking ahead.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Naldru

Yes, but with a mind so twisted it makes a corkscrew look straight.  However, I think that Dan getting killed would get Destania mad at both Biggs and Dark Pegasus.  Of course, Biggs might feel that dealing with Dark Pegasus is safer than dealing with the people sniffing around Lost Lake in an attempt to find Destania.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Jakon

And here I was thinking Dan was going to be working for DP. Hurrrr, I'm smart.

Toric

I really have to wonder how DP's latest plot in the kingdom of H'Ann interfered with one of Biggs' schemes. Maybe Biggs wanted to hire the guard dragon as a bouncer for a high-profile party he was hosting that weekend.

Let the speculation begin!!!!
Yap by Silver.

techmaster-glitch

So, Biggs apparently doesn't know that Dan is the one who's taken down DP all three times before...

Kayriel

Quote from: Naldru on January 27, 2008, 11:45:56 PM
Yes, but with a mind so twisted it makes a corkscrew look straight.  However, I think that Dan getting killed would get Destania mad at both Biggs and Dark Pegasus.  Of course, Biggs might feel that dealing with Dark Pegasus is safer than dealing with the people sniffing around Lost Lake in an attempt to find Destania.

When she says Kill-Zone, I believe she's referring to the fact that Destania's clan are dragon-slayers, and that Pyroduck is obviously a dragon.
<3 Abel

Fresnor

Hmm, seems Biggs doesn't know of the 'Mommy Complex'...  Any harms comes to thier babies, and thier liable to level anyone/thing that has anything to do with it, sometimes not even caring which side they were on...

LionHeart

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on January 28, 2008, 12:32:43 AM
So, Biggs apparently doesn't know that Dan is the one who's taken down DP all three times before...

Even if he did know, he would probably consider that that would give Dan an advantage over his own hirelings.

(Was it three times?)
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Zedd

Im sure Dan will make out this in time....*long pause* :shifty

Put all my money on DP to loose!!

e_voyager

Remember Zedd you don't have to survive to win the battle. you just have to stop the other guy from succeeding.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Anri

Now, Panel 3.. I've seen ferrets make that face. That is a pure evil ferret look.

e_voyager

but what kine of evil? there are several kinds i believe
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Fex

if Amber had drawn two fangs in Bigs mouth in the last panel he would look uber wevil  :3

Bigs is smarter than he looks when I saw him for the first time in the comic I thought he was kinda brainless ....  :giggle

Reaver225

You never know, DP might have been revived a dozen times and killed a few extra when no-one was looking...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Reaver225 on January 28, 2008, 06:11:55 AM
You never know, DP might have been revived a dozen times and killed a few extra when no-one was looking...

Well, -someone- would have had to be looking. DP himself, at the very least, and whoever killed him. However, we think we know it wasn't Dan...

Who knows. Maybe Amber is playing with our heads again. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

C'mon Fi, what are you doing?  Even Dan can see this is stupidly dangerous...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Stig Hemmer

He is an adventurer!  Stupidly Dangerous is his middle name!  Er, names.
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

Sid

Knowing Dan's odd impulses, he might die just to get back at Biggs (assuming Destania will react in the "You sent him there, so now you die, too!" way some predicted). ;)

Also, Biggs doesn't really factor in Wildy. Even though he might gamble on her never finding out that it was Biggs who sent Dan into his doom...
:boogie

llearch n'n'daCorna

The problem with that is that it has been noted that Dan has managed to kill Dead Pegasus at least twice now, and while he died the last time around, almost, he -was- doing a certain amount of grandstanding etc. I think, if he were by himself, he'd go through DP like a hot knife through butter, honestly. He just felt he couldn't make his friends feel totally worthless...

Although I -do- look forward to a re-iteration of the light switch. ;-]

Alondro

I think it's rather interesting that DP doesn't seem to be very powerful, considering Dan 'killed' him with a simple sword and couldn't manage to even scratch a cubi. 

And yet, DP manages to keep coming back to life... something one would expect only phoenixes to manage.  Clearly, he has some unusual ability.

And then there's the fact that what he does interferes with Biggs' plans... which we know involve destroying the dragon race.

Hmmm... very interesting possibilities this raises.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Aleolus

Uummmm, yay for the no-lose scenario?

Oh, I am so sure that Dan is just going to love that response to his honest question.

e_voyager

Let's look at this form the mind of E.: check your sanity at the door please

Yes Dan's sword is probably enchanted to cut through stone hard flesh.

no he never used it on Able or any other cubi that we've seen. after all against able he's used  a punch and failed. a melon and succeed. and strange honesty emotions that seemed the throw him off guard.

yes Dan has won agent DP more then once they last time seeming to cost him his life.

yes Dan is Dan enough to go after DP again in the usual 4 to six party fashion.

yes Biggs set this up and Dan's mother may not know about it yet which is a file of worms to be opened another day...

have i missed anything? 

Kayriel

Quote from: Stig Hemmer on January 28, 2008, 07:31:51 AM
He is an adventurer!  Stupidly Dangerous is his middle name!  Er, names.

Stupidly Dangerous
Stupidly||Dan||gerous

Apparently Dan is right smack in the middle of stupidly dangerous. =D
<3 Abel

Tapewolf

Quote from: Alondro on January 28, 2008, 10:27:44 AM
I think it's rather interesting that DP doesn't seem to be very powerful, considering Dan 'killed' him with a simple sword and couldn't manage to even scratch a cubi.

I'm worried because he didn't even manage to smack down a ferret.  Of course, as people said, it's likely he didn't want to annoy Wildy or Dee by killing him.

QuoteAnd yet, DP manages to keep coming back to life... something one would expect only phoenixes to manage.  Clearly, he has some unusual ability.

Well, next time he should kill him, cut off his head and hammer a stake through his heart.  That ought to slow him down a little.

In any case, it's not necessarily DP self-resurrecting.  More likely his minions doing some weird ritual (Dan assumed the Shaman had done this to him initially).

And Abel is seriously going to have kittens when he finds out about this.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Kayriel on January 28, 2008, 01:30:59 PM
Stupidly Dangerous
Stupidly||Dan||gerous

Apparently Dan is right smack in the middle of stupidly dangerous. =D

No, "y da" is right smack in the middle of "stupidly dangerous"...

e_voyager

split the hair split the atom same difference. either way expect fallout

AnizInDisguise

Zedd

Everyone seems to love Win-Win moments...Specialy the little perv-o-machino

E-Jade

Well he does have a point in that.  Either way you look at it he wins.

Fuyudenki

...Dark Pegasus knows that Dan is Dee's child.

Dark Pegasus apparently knows a lot about Dee.

Why does he even bother coming back to life?  He's going to get Dan sent after him, and if he manages to actually kill Dan, he's going to have the former head of SAIA's pain and torture department wanting to give him some... pain and torture.

For Biggs, we call this win/win.  For DP, we call this lose/epic lose.