01/11/08 [DMFA #864] - Yeah, that's well hidden.

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, January 10, 2008, 09:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

*snerk* read him like a book, our Abel can. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

Heh heh...Yeah thats the point factors of anything of mindreading and also filtering is fun!

AndersW

I just have to say that I love Abel's expressions in all three panels.

RobbieThe1st

Keyword filters? I guess they hadn't invented Regular Expressions for the 'Cubi yet... :giggle

Back on topic, "... thoughts are filled with pointless trivia and paranoid delusions" - I suppose this is part of the 'Cubi charm - a 'Cubi could easily read said thoughts of whoever he/she wants to charm, then play back what the target wants to hear.

Of course, if said 'Cubi thrives on fear, he/she could simply play back what the target is paranoid about, or fears... especially sense such fears would be at the top of the targets brain, and easy to passively pick up.

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Kamunt

<ninja>

I agree with Anders. To me, the impression I got about Abel...is that he looks, well, surprisingly "posed" in the second panel...then surprisingly sinister in the 3rd panel. :U Maybe it's a 'Cubi thing; or maybe it's just a cat thing. >:3

</ninja>

thegayhare

Cogidubnus

Sno Wolf

*snickers*

For someone as intelligent as Jyrras, he's not very quick on the uptake.

M

I also agree with AndersW. Abel always seems to look so cute. X3

rabid_fox

Abel looks friggin' seductive in that second panel.

Not sure about the tongue-look, though. Something about that always caught me as awkward in a comic when the character has dialogue in the same panel - I imagine them speaking like "lllmmmuuuu mmmmuuueeehhh blluuuu"

Oh dear.

Sno Wolf

That tongue look is the standard "I know something embarrassing about you that you don't know I know" look.

rabid_fox

Yeah, I know, I know, it's functional and all. I suppose it's one of my little mental blocks as opposed to the collective hive mind's understanding. My loss, alas.

Oh dear.

superluser

Quote from: rabid_fox on January 11, 2008, 12:37:01 AMAbel looks friggin' seductive in that second panel.

I know.  It's giving me the heebie-jeebies.  Something about January-December relationships just makes me freak out.  Perhaps it's the implied pedophilia?  Yes, I think that's it.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

kaskar

8) It seems that Abel has a visually expressionistic way of getting his views across ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

AnizInDisguise

Madmann135

For a guy that thinks that being alone and friendless is an art he has become fast friends with a gay, kangaroo-rat.

I find it intresting because Jyrras and Able are both very selective in who they hang out wth. 
If Jyrras doesn't like someone he vanishes or sends in his friends to deal with said individual.
If Able doesn't like sommeone he sends them to the psyche ward by being 'friendly.'

Though with the way Able dresses and acts something in me says the Cookies and Cream cat is boardering the realm of Bi.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Angel

Hang on. I need to read the text a bit better. Abel's adorable visage in all three panels kinda distracted me - especially that last one. Awww.

(later)

Hee hee. Niceness out of being bored easily. Cute.  >:3
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Hehe... full agreement of Abel's displays in that strip, especially the second one. And I also like his wings in the third one... soo cute... :3

Quote from: Abel@864.3The average non-Cubi thoughts are filled with pointless trivia and paranoid delusions
The average Cubi thoughts of course NEVER EVER...  D:

Tapewolf

Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on January 11, 2008, 09:21:42 AM
Quote from: Abel@864.3The average non-Cubi thoughts are filled with pointless trivia and paranoid delusions
The average Cubi thoughts of course NEVER EVER...  D:

Well, hardly ever...

Quote from: superluser on January 11, 2008, 01:35:28 AM
Something about January-December relationships just makes me freak out.  Perhaps it's the implied pedophilia?  Yes, I think that's it.

That would be the case if it was Abel on the make, not Jyrras, surely?

Also, while the age gap is enormous in chronological time, Abel (by virtue of not aging) is only physically 3-4 years older than Jyrras.  Who is after all, 21 and able to make up his own mind  :3

And yes, it's wonderfully drawn.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

rt

another joining the the "i like abels expressions club" and personally clicking the box for 'third pannel' for my vote

Kayriel

Abel's sexy factor went up double the usual daily increment. If there's an Abel fanboy club, I want in. D= His expression and pose were just gorgeous these last two strips, and yeah... yeah, I'd hit, too, and I'm not even gay. Just for Abel.
<3 Abel

Kenji

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 11, 2008, 09:54:16 AMThat would be the case if it was Abel on the make, not Jyrras, surely?

It's starting to appear that Abel may not be opposed to this outcome.  If that's the case, then it goes right back into creepy territory.

Imagine you're back in high school (or better yet, college) and you're fantasizing about one of your professors, a good 40 years your elder, and you start hitting on her.  She comes back and tells you to meet her at a fancy restaurant, and to bring baby oil and a riding crop.

Sure, the student started it, but it's still creepy.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on January 11, 2008, 01:55:12 PM
Imagine you're back in high school (or better yet, college) and you're fantasizing about one of your professors, a good 40 years your elder, and you start hitting on her. 

Sure, the student started it, but it's still creepy.

Yes.  But what if they were - in appearance and behaviour - the same age as you?

e_voyager

all appearance is an illusion. behaviour that's a better factor for judgement.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

WhiteFox

I think Abel is compensating for not being able to Emotion-Jammer.

I'm a pretty solitary sort of guy myself, so I'm going to put myself in Abel's shoes here (And, I'll adimt, project my perspective). Everyone needs company, but when your a loner the last company you want is with shiny happy people. Like Dan and Mab. Jyrras seems more like the quiet, intellectual type. (Barring his "I'm out of the closet and feeling giddy" phase, and the whole Sad-Jyr-In-Snow thing he's been doing before that.)
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Kayriel

Well, if appearance is illusion, I purposefully failed my Will save. I'd hit on Abel and HOPE for that "creepy" outcome. xP
<3 Abel

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tapewolf

Quote from: e_voyager on January 11, 2008, 03:35:59 PM
sounds like : soul. it's what for brunch

Abel eats food and sleeps.  This might be part of his disguise, of course, but I think he still thinks of himself as a Being, at least on one level.  Leaving aside the consequences of harming Jyrras in any way, (Dan trying to vanquish him, Fa'Lina coming down on him, Moira suing him etcetera) I simply don't think Abel is the type to go on the hunt for souls any more than Dan is.

Kayriel

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 11, 2008, 03:46:48 PM
Quote from: e_voyager on January 11, 2008, 03:35:59 PM
sounds like : soul. it's what for brunch

Abel eats food and sleeps.  This might be part of his disguise, of course, but I think he still thinks of himself as a Being, at least on one level.  Leaving aside the consequences of harming Jyrras in any way, (Dan trying to vanquish him, Fa'Lina coming down on him, Moira suing him etcetera) I simply don't think Abel is the type to go on the hunt for souls any more than Dan is.

I'm in agreeance. He seems quite satisfied just to emotion-feed, though... not sure what his key emotion is, yet. Maybe annoyance, that would explain alot. But from what we've seen with Abel's Story so far, he looks to be pretty much disillusioned with the Cubi race as a whole, he doesn't have the Cubi pride thing that pisses him off about Aary - and of course his first Cubi experience wasn't that... heart-warming. Considering himself an empowered Being of sorts rather than as your stereotypical Cubus would seem to be more in line with his experiences and the shrouded personality he likes to keep.

Also, hot.
<3 Abel