Has anyone else noticed...?

Started by Britesoul, November 24, 2007, 08:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Britesoul

I don't know if this has been discussed in the forum before,

but I joined just to ask.

Has anyone else noticed how simular Dan and Abel's fathers look?

I think they're the same guy, seeing as Dan and Abel both claim their dads were away for long periods of time. He could have easily gone back and fourth between families.

That's what I think,
anyway.

Anybody else think so?

:3

bill

Your choice of color is debatable tbh.

By the way, :noobrape

techmaster-glitch

Don't mind Bill. He's a general ass.

bill

techmaster-glitch

bill

Sid

Quote from: Britesoul on November 24, 2007, 08:51:34 PM
Has anyone else noticed how simular Dan and Abel's fathers look?

I think they're the same guy, seeing as Dan and Abel both claim their dads were away for long periods of time. He could have easily gone back and fourth between families.

I think Amber has openly denied family ties between Abel and Dan, but I'm not 100% sure. I'll leave that to people like Tapewolf who kept better track of these things.

But a striking flaw in your reasoning: Abel was born 300-400 years before Dan, so there is no chance he go back and forth since by the time Dan was born, Abel was already at the level we saw in the SAIA arc.

Edit to add:
And where are my manners? Tsk. Welcome to the forum, I hope you stay around! :)
:boogie

Britesoul

Oh.

Well, darn.

That woulda been cool.
Time has never been my friend.  :<

I guess I really am a n00b.

Brunhidden

well the story is not over yet, we do not know everything

however the story is probably far more complex, and if what you say is true it would most likely result in alexi finding out shes a cubi too, or she always was and has been hiding it
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

superluser

Quote from: Britesoul on November 24, 2007, 09:17:12 PM
Oh.

Well, darn.

That woulda been cool.
Time has never been my friend.  :<

I guess I really am a n00b.

1.) Welcome
2.) Your theory isn't novel.  I guess that means that great minds think alike
3.) The blue I don't mind much, but does anyone else have a problem with the text always being centered?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Eibborn

I mind the blue, but not the centred text. Funny, no?

Of course, I only mind the blue because I'm using a blue background.

As for your theory, unless there's something we don't know about Dan's father it's just not going to work. Bummer, I know.
/kicks the internet over

Brunhidden

the centered text could be okay and even cool if he controls the length of each line, kind of like a haiku
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Reese Tora

Quote from: Brunhidden on November 24, 2007, 11:34:25 PM
the centered text could be okay and even cool if he controls the length of each line, kind of like a haiku

The centered text does
but I can stand the color
each to his own, right?
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Aleolus

Hmm, it's possible.  Though don't they have different names?  Besides, Dan is only half-cubi, and his mother was that half.  His father was a being, unless Amber has secrets she hasn't revealed yet.  Plus, Dan's father wasn't named Aniz, I don't think.  And, wouldn't Destiana have recognized another Cubi, even if it was disguised?  Seems somewhat unlikely.

Welcome to the forums, though, britesoul.  Prepare for much randomness.

Naldru

The problem I see with blue text is that the posts have alternating colors for the backgrounds.  Against the lighter background, it looks okay.  Against the darker background, which has some blue in it, it is harder to read.  The centered text is a little like putting everything in all caps, usable for special effects but otherwise distracting.

As to the relationship between Dan and Abel, that has been discussed many times here.  There is some connection, but the relationship is unclear.  As to what Amber has or hasn't said, I believe that many of her statements are truthful but deceptive.  I'd have to see her exact wording.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Fuyudenki

What?  Aniz and Edward look similar?  Nah, Aniz has brown hair and fur, and Edward has long, blond hair, is about 3 feet tall, and has an automail arm and leg.

More seriously, Amber has openly denied that Abel and Edward have met.  Since Abel has clearly met his own father, this would seem to indicate that Edward is not Aniz.(in much the way that the presence of spurting blood indicates a leaking artery.)

Also, welcome to the boards.  You'll be taken more seriously if you don't do funny things with your text.

Reese Tora

Quote from: Raist on November 25, 2007, 02:18:05 AM
What?  Aniz and Edward look similar?  Nah, Aniz has brown hair and fur, and Edward has long, blond hair, is about 3 feet tall, and has an automail arm and leg.

Are you calling Edward a little itty bitty teeny tiny pipsqueak that isn't worth your time to even talk to?!

Well, he's an imaginary character, so you would be right. :P

Royden

Well darn, this little comment has finally made me stop lurking and join for the debate itself. So hello everyone, I am now the designated noob.

Quote from: Aleolus on November 24, 2007, 11:42:45 PM
Hmm, it's possible.  Though don't they have different names?  Besides, Dan is only half-cubi, and his mother was that half.  His father was a being, unless Amber has secrets she hasn't revealed yet.  Plus, Dan's father wasn't named Aniz, I don't think.  And, wouldn't Destiana have recognized another Cubi, even if it was disguised?  Seems somewhat unlikely.

Quote from: Raist on November 25, 2007, 02:18:05 AM
More seriously, Amber has openly denied that Abel and Edward have met.  Since Abel has clearly met his own father, this would seem to indicate that Edward is not Aniz.(in much the way that the presence of spurting blood indicates a leaking artery.)

These arguments are excellent have me going "and now... to be difficult".  Amber has already been giving us a plot-twist-a-plenty in this arc and the main story, so sometimes the everything said can't be taken for face value. For Aleolus's comment about different names, if you remember, up until maybe an hour before in the comic, Abel's fathers name was Cid, not Aniz. So who's to say that he couldn't take up yet another name for another son... (though my argument stops at the point where Destania gets involved...)

And for Raist's comment, it may have been I've just finished watching Dune so I'm looking for wording examples, but in that case Abel and Edward may have never met.  Of course Edward may not be Dan's father either, killed by Aniz to take his place, same as to what happened as Cid. So by all technicality in that situation, yes Abel may have never met Edward, but has met Dan's father.

Now in arguments that Dan's father isn't Aniz... Destania would have noticed if Edward was a Cubi in disguise (though that would explain why she went from "KILL KILL KILL" to marrying him... but I still see that being unlikely) and Dan is only half-cubi with Destania as his mother.  Also, we have comments about Edward being the reason Abel cares about Dan's well being, as explained by Ink in comic 527 (though now I REALLY want to know about Edward if Abel never met him yet means anything to him) and the fact that now we have a situation where Dragons have Edward in suspension as described in 725-726, and I'm sure the dragons would've noticed something odd like that.

Sorry for the long winded post, I just kept noticing stuff I needed to add as I typed.

Amber Williams

Quote from: Sid on November 24, 2007, 09:14:24 PM
I think Amber has openly denied family ties between Abel and Dan, but I'm not 100% sure. I'll leave that to people like Tapewolf who kept better track of these things.

I openly denied that Abel was Dan's Father.  Cause seriously peeps. :U

I have also said that Abel has never met Edward in person.  But one could also make the argument that Abel has never met the real Cid in person. :B

Finally, Dan has said he's half Cubi. But what Dan percieves as a truth may not be an actual truth.  I've also said that when it comes to Cubi, there isn't really so much a "half" as one is either a Cubi or they arent.

Reese Tora

and there you have it, folks, straight from the author's mouth:
The answer is that the answer isn't.

WhiteFire

Quote from: Amber Williams on November 25, 2007, 04:59:00 AM
I have also said that Abel has never met Edward in person.  But one could also make the argument that Abel has never met the real Cid in person. :B

Finally, Dan has said he's half Cubi. But what Dan percieves as a truth may not be an actual truth.  I've also said that when it comes to Cubi, there isn't really so much a "half" as one is either a Cubi or they arent.

I swear sometimes you encourage the tinfoil hatting on these forums... :)

llearch n'n'daCorna

She enjoys stirring the pot, obviously. ;-]

Quote from: Naldru on November 25, 2007, 12:12:14 AM
The problem I see with blue text is that the posts have alternating colors for the backgrounds.  Against the lighter background, it looks okay.  Against the darker background, which has some blue in it, it is harder to read.  The centered text is a little like putting everything in all caps, usable for special effects but otherwise distracting.

The problem with set font colours is that it depends on which theme you're using.

If you're using the Inverted Dungeon theme, it's largely dark, and the dark blue makes it very hard to read. I'd have to go look at the other  themes to see if any of them had problems - the SMF Default Theme is fine for darker colours, though.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: Royden on November 25, 2007, 04:09:49 AM
Now in arguments that Dan's father isn't Aniz... Destania would have noticed if Edward was a Cubi in disguise (though that would explain why she went from "KILL KILL KILL" to marrying him... but I still see that being unlikely)

Conversely, it would also explain why Edward protected her, which the others thought was completely insane.

I think everything else I could have added has already been covered.  The bottom line is that there is a bunch of evidence to support the theory, but at the end of the day, we don't know.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Royden

Quote from: WhiteFire on November 25, 2007, 05:13:48 AM
I swear sometimes you encourage the tinfoil hatting on these forums... :)

Isn't that half the fun?  :mwaha

Sienna Maiu - M T

I know what the connection is.
Some girl told me once.
That jerk.
(totally ruined the entire comic, entirely)

(What? And you thought blue was bad. You're just lucky I didn't throw in some 'Monotype Corsiva', just for fun)

So then this would imply that they have strong blood then, correct?
Also, it could be assumed then that the Cubi would never go into extinction purely due to the watering-down of the bloodline.

Netrogo

It'd be funny if it turned out that Edward was a cubi as well, but a cubi who fed off some typical bar emotion like drunkeness (would that qualify as an emotion :erk ) or something to that degree.

Oh and thank you for quashing half cubi Amber. I really Really hate those 'Durr I'm half this half that and half this and half that' characters that seem to pop up at every turn. Like half vampires and half demon half angels *shudder* Seriously you either are one or you aren't.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Turnsky

Quote from: Sid on November 24, 2007, 09:14:24 PM

I openly denied that Abel was Dan's Father.  Cause seriously peeps. :U

indeed, after all the only true "half" is Lady Sunset Autumn Honey Purity Sunflower Rainbow, who is a Star Elf Vampire (half).  :U
(amber should get this joke)

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Netrogo

Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Kaerou

hehe, Elf only Inn?  Awesome stuff.

by Silverfoxr! Thank you!

Anri

Hold on then. If Edward were a 'cubi as well, wouldn't that make Alexsi one as well? She certainly seems to not be. Or is it possible for the gene to skip and not make one.