10/13/07 [Abel #102] - Gonna die

Started by AndersW, October 12, 2007, 11:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naldru

Quote from: computer nerd on October 13, 2007, 07:42:34 AM
Quote from: Tezkat on October 13, 2007, 07:15:48 AM
Heh... in an "at least it can't get any worse" sort of way, you mean? :animesweat

well he could have to relived that day over and over again   :3
Well, I think that he will be reliving it in his dreams.

As far as Aniz's attitude goes, it seems a lot closer to Cid's attitude in the earlier portion of the story.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

AnizInDisguise

Quote from: Tezkat on October 13, 2007, 06:34:03 AM
Quote from: Kuari on October 13, 2007, 06:09:57 AM
the question that should REALLY be bugging you is what's with the green eye when neither parent had green eyes

You don't necessarily need a gene specifically coding for the second eye colour in heterochromia; it results from (usually prenatal developmental) mixups in pigment distribution. Abel's may have resulted from congenital conditions not entirely related to genetics. All sorts of things could go funny when you have a Creature growing inside a Being, after all...

It could also be a certain kind of cancer in his eye.

rabid_fox

Oh, thank goodness. It had occurred to me that last week would have been a very good place to End Story. Glad to see it's going to continue.

Oh dear.

AndersW

Quote from: Naldru on October 13, 2007, 08:29:40 AM
Quote from: computer nerd on October 13, 2007, 07:42:34 AM
Quote from: Tezkat on October 13, 2007, 07:15:48 AM
Heh... in an "at least it can't get any worse" sort of way, you mean? :animesweat

well he could have to relived that day over and over again   :3

Well, I think that he will be reliving it in his dreams.

Cubi don't need to sleep.  And Amber has said that even if they choose to sleep, they don't dream.

Tapewolf

Quote from: AndersW on October 13, 2007, 09:33:19 AM
Cubi don't need to sleep.  And Amber has said that even if they choose to sleep, they don't dream.

No, she said they eventually lose the ability to dream.  We don't know how long that takes but I suspect it's on the order of decades.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

rt

Quote from: superluser on October 13, 2007, 12:42:53 AM
So why did Aniz waste all that time talking to May and killing Hennya before teleporting Abel?

I don't get it.  I still think there must be something else going on.

Cause it isn't really evil if you don't get to gloat a bit  :mwaha

Plus I imagine it takes some effort/concentration to pull off the teleport stunt. Could be tricky with people screaming and attacking you

AndersW

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 13, 2007, 09:40:07 AM
Quote from: AndersW on October 13, 2007, 09:33:19 AM

No, she said they eventually lose the ability to dream.  We don't know how long that takes but I suspect it's on the order of decades.

Thanks for correcting me.  I remembered the context of what she said, but couldn't remember the specifics.

Edit: It isn't in the wiki.  Could someone find Ambers post on the subject and add it?

chaotik

***adds a few more notes to his "Kill all 'Cubi" book.***

Tapewolf

Quote from: AndersW on October 13, 2007, 11:11:54 AM
Edit: It isn't in the wiki.  Could someone find Ambers post on the subject and add it?

Will do.  For the curious:

http://nice.llearch.net/dmfa_forum2121.htm#ref11

Quote from: chaotik on October 13, 2007, 11:43:56 AM
***adds a few more notes to his "Kill all 'Cubi" book.***
"10/4 old buddies.  De-stroy.  Kill all hippies!"
That would have been a good one for the lyrics game :P

Sunblink

Quote from: Stygian on October 12, 2007, 11:29:31 PM
Quote from: AndersW on October 12, 2007, 11:15:23 PM
Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on October 12, 2007, 11:11:31 PM
I vote castration with a rusty spoon.

Let the punishment fit the crime.

You're absolutely right. Let's yaoi him to death! Let me just get Jyrras...

I approve of this decision. Better yet, let me get started on my fanfiction...

Hopefully people have noticed my sarcasm in the previous sentence.

Anyhooooooo, I'm starting to suspect that Abel's going to react rather angrily towards Aniz's last comment, for some reason. He could be in as much denial as May was about Aniz actually being Cid, or could even denounce Aniz being his father. Either way, their surroundings don't really look much like the Academy--if anything it looks more like a dungeon or an alleyway in a city. Probably not Zinvth, as it would be sort of ridiculous for Aniz to teleport Abel only to the other side of his own home city, but it could be another town.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Aleolus

Oh, so now you show your heart?!  Where was that when you were back with May??  Poor girl will likely be traumatized for life from this!  I can just see it now, five years from now, May is in seeing a Psychiatrist, "And then I found out that the man who had been living with me for years, who had fathered my child, had been an Incubus in disguise the whole time!  *cry cry*"
Psychiatrist: "Really, now, that is interesting.  Now tell me about your mother."

Alondro

Quote from: computer nerd on October 13, 2007, 06:49:54 AM
Well a least thing are looking up for abel now I hope  :3

*Charline grins*  Not at all.  Aniz merely sees him as furthering his family line, in the same way that many aristocratic families have children for the sake of the name and don't actually give a damn about them otherwise.

Plus, Abel is soon going to encounter a certain diabolical doctor... who will likely make what he's gone through so far feel like no more than a scraped knee by comparison.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Regal

Quote from: computer nerd on October 13, 2007, 06:49:54 AM
Well a least thing are looking up for abel now I hope  :3

Oh yeah, it's going to be a real Carnival Cruise from here on.  :kittydepressed

GabrielsThoughts

*Looks at storyline* Ok, based on the dark thoughts we've seen radiating off of Amber lately, Dark thoughts that have been showing up since Cindy died...or maybe earlier, my guess is that  Abel will probably be going further down the toilet before he starts coming back up.

and Aniz will probably wander off and become Dan's grandpa or something, I and several others have noticed Edward does have a passing resemblance to Cid/Aniz.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Azlan

Psst, I have some confidential information...

Abel lives... spread the word.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Kamunt

Quote from: Alondro on October 13, 2007, 06:20:44 PM
Plus, Abel is soon going to encounter a certain diabolical doctor... who will likely make what he's gone through so far feel like no more than a scraped knee by comparison.   >:3
As amusing as this would be to bear witness to, I have a feeling that Abel's Story might end before we get all the way to that part. :)

EDIT:

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on October 13, 2007, 10:59:52 PM
and Aniz will probably wander off and become Dan's grandpa or something, I and several others have noticed Edward does have a passing resemblance to Cid/Aniz.
I can prove this isn't true with the following comic strip:
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_378.php
While this may not seem like anything special at first glance, notice the symbol above Alexsi's bed. It looks like the symbol for female, yes? That is Dan and Destania's clan symbol. Abel and Aniz's are an ember. They are nothing at all similar, so it's impossible for Aniz and Dan to be related.

Quote from: Azlan on October 13, 2007, 11:04:12 PM

Psst, I have some confidential information...

Abel lives... spread the word.

:O NOOO, you've ruined EVERYTHIIING! *death metal scream*

Amber Williams

Quote from: Kamunt on October 14, 2007, 12:57:12 AM
While this may not seem like anything special at first glance, notice the symbol above Alexsi's bed. It looks like the symbol for female, yes? That is Dan and Destania's clan symbol. Abel and Aniz's are an ember. They are nothing at all similar, so it's impossible for Aniz and Dan to be related.

Unless of course Cyra's clan happens to be more powerful than the one Aniz is from.  In the case of two Cubi from different clans having children, the more powerful clan will pass the symbol on to their offspring.

Not that this means anything. :3

superluser

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 14, 2007, 01:19:42 AMUnless of course Cyra's clan happens to be more powerful than the one Aniz is from.  In the case of two Cubi from different clans having children, the more powerful clan will pass the symbol on to their offspring.

Smell that, kids?  No, it's not rich, Corinthian leather.  It's...new information!

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Reese Tora

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 14, 2007, 01:19:42 AM
Unless of course Cyra's clan happens to be more powerful than the one Aniz is from.  In the case of two Cubi from different clans having children, the more powerful clan will pass the symbol on to their offspring.

:U then it's possible... except for the fact that a cubi seems to inherit thier appearance from thier being parent's side, and Dan looks like Edward, so Aniz would have to have fathered one of Edward's ancestors.  since edward is a being, and we don't know what the odds of a cubi/being mating producing a being offspring vs. a cubi offspring, we can only speculate. (but we're good at that :rolleyes )
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

kaskar

Quote from: Reese Tora on October 14, 2007, 01:43:57 AM

:U then it's possible... except for the fact that a cubi seems to inherit thier appearance from thier being parent's side, and Dan looks like Edward, so Aniz would have to have fathered one of Edward's ancestors.  since edward is a being, and we don't know what the odds of a cubi/being mating producing a being offspring vs. a cubi offspring, we can only speculate. (but we're good at that :rolleyes )

8) Explain further, this could be confusing to some ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

superluser

Quote from: Reese Tora on October 14, 2007, 01:43:57 AMsince edward is a being

Do we have explicit evidence that this is the case?

If not, it won't stop people from speculating otherwise.

...Heck, even if we did, it wouldn't stop people from speculating otherwise.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

kaskar

Quote from: superluser on October 14, 2007, 02:01:47 AM

And of 'course with Abel's mother, being a being ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Reese Tora

I don't know, time to hop in the way-back machine and find out

*diddly-whoop-diddly-whoop-diddly-whoop*

Bears no relevance, but it's cute
Alexsi does not appear to be 'cubi, and had to be told of signs of it in Dan.
In fact, she indicates she wasn't a 'cubi because her she had a different mom.

These statements seem to indicate that a cubi offspring is likely from a cubi-being pairing, and that Alexsi not being a cubi would then indicate evidence that neither was her father.  Being that Alexsi is only two years older than Dan, according to the cast pages, it's likely that her going 'cubi would have been noticed.

Alexsi's cast page also indicates that she isn't a 'cubi (by ommision of any indication), though that in itself can't necessarily be trusted, since it wouldn't be revealed beofre appearing in the comic.

In conclusion, Something else also cute, and equally irelevant tot he discussion
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Fex

Quote from: Reese Tora on October 14, 2007, 03:30:57 AM

I don't know, time to hop in the way-back machine and find out

*diddly-whoop-diddly-whoop-diddly-whoop*

Bears no relevance, but it's cute
Alexsi does not appear to be 'cubi, and had to be told of signs of it in Dan.
In fact, she indicates she wasn't a 'cubi because her she had a different mom.

These statements seem to indicate that a cubi offspring is likely from a cubi-being pairing, and that Alexsi not being a cubi would then indicate evidence that neither was her father.  Being that Alexsi is only two years older than Dan, according to the cast pages, it's likely that her going 'cubi would have been noticed.

Alexsi's cast page also indicates that she isn't a 'cubi (by ommision of any indication), though that in itself can't necessarily be trusted, since it wouldn't be revealed beofre appearing in the comic.

In conclusion, Something else also cute, and equally irelevant tot he discussion

*dies off the extream cuteness*

Kamunt

Quote from: Kamunt on October 14, 2007, 12:57:12 AM

:3
This is what I had figured, yes. I discussed it with a friend of mind, Tanicius, a bit earlier on AIM, and that definitely made sense. And, yes, Alexsi is a being. Although, I have to wonder--is it possible for a creature/being pairing to produce an offspring that isn't a creature? It seems unlikely, because based on what I've seen, creature "genes" seem to be dominant to those of being genes.

Zedd

Naldru

Let's look at this with an extremely overanalytical mind.

Yes, Alexsis said that Destania wasn't her biological mother

Did she ever say that Edward was her biological father?
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

AndersW

Quote from: Naldru on October 14, 2007, 08:44:28 AM
Did she ever say that Edward was her biological father?

Her cast page says Edward is her father.

A theory I have is that before Edward's first wife died, Aniz tried to do just what he did here.  Kill an adventure, take his identity, and father a cubi child.  Except that Edward managed to kill Aniz.

It would explain how Abel seems to owe Ed for something, despite having never met him.

Edit: Though if Edward turned out to be Aniz in disguise, it would really suck for Dan to have two psychotic, evil parents instead of just one.  And being Abel's half brother. :)

Edit2: I cannot find a shot of Edward with a good view of his left forearm(Where we would see the clan mark if it was Aniz)  And the only shot where we would see it, 298, it is covered.

Edit3: I would think that Aniz would have a hard time fooling Destania.  Not to mention that Amber has used Dan as a reference when talking about Being/Creature breading, saying that Dan looks more like Edward.

Tapewolf

Quote from: AndersW on October 14, 2007, 09:37:29 AM
Edit: Though if Edward turned out to be Aniz in disguise, it would really suck for Dan to have two psychotic, evil parents instead of just one.  And being Abel's half brother. :)

Edit2: I cannot find a shot of Edward with a good view of his left forearm(Where we would see the clan mark if it was Aniz)  And the only shot where we would see it, 298, it is covered.

Dammit, now you're creeping me out  :B

Aniz and Edward look pretty similar.  Dan, Alexsi and Aniz have the same kind of tail.  I haven't yet found a shot of Ed's tail.

If It would certainly explain why Dee didn't kill him, and it would explain why Edward didn't let the others kill her.  But then, if Edward is a 'Cubi, why are there no shots of his wings?  Dee let hers show in private.

AndersW

Damn it, its the which of Abel's parents is the cubi argument all over again.  Neither side can disprove the other.

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 25, 2007, 11:30:35 AM
Quote from: Raist on September 25, 2007, 11:18:39 AM
I don't think Amber particularly likes surprises.

Oh I don't mind them.   I just don't go out of my way to throw them into every possible comic.  I tend to prefer to just coast along and let the really big ones blindside people like a steamroller.

I don't want to be ganked by a steamroller again.