09-17-07 #820 Never seen a black woman before.

Started by thegayhare, September 16, 2007, 09:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

It seems like this day was just destined to shock Jyrras.

Poor boy

and oddly I don't think he's telling the truth

techmaster-glitch

superluser

Merlitz should meet this woman.

Granted, it's a woman-fae, but still.

Also: I see we're in the city, now.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

nikename2

Still she looks stunning, kind of like a djinni or something. Well done.  ;)

xHaZxMaTx

AnizInDisguise

:erk

Did not see that coming.

Quote from: superluser on September 16, 2007, 10:00:50 PM
Merlitz should meet this woman.

Granted, it's a woman-fae, but still.

Also: I see we're in the city, now.

Why not just show him a were in its human form?

Kenji

Sajoli

Unexpected. But I have a feeling I'm gonna like this Fae.  :)

Zedd

Im feeling someone has no need for introductions

Distracting

Oh no! A human! Run Jyrras! Run!

But more to the point, I like this fae. I wonder what other kinds of fae we'll meet.

thegayhare

Ahh she's the same color as Wildy

so ha he has seen a black woman before and if that doesn't count one of his sisters is black

*giggles*

Cogidubnus

That's what the poll was for!

And I certainly was not expecting a human fae. No indeed.

Aisha deCabre

Hooman!?  :erk

Now that is an interesting choice for a Fae.  Like how the background's starting to look as well.  Makes me think of Chicago or somewhat.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Stygian

I...

I am shocked and slightly intimidated. L: This is... unexpected development.

Saist

Quote from: Cogidubnus on September 16, 2007, 10:35:28 PM

And I certainly was not expecting a human fae. No indeed.

... *murphs and wishes the poll had included Oriental CatGirl*

superluser

Quote from: thegayhare on September 16, 2007, 10:34:26 PMAhh she's the same color as Wildy

so ha he has seen a black woman before and if that doesn't count one of his sisters is black

But they're not women!

Quote from: je.saist on September 16, 2007, 10:40:56 PM... *murphs and wishes the poll had included Oriental CatGirl*

Or a Slavic fae!

Caswin

*Kngth*

Wow.  I probably shouldn't be imagining her with an accent that strong, but... there she is.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Pentawolf

*Decloaks from lurkerdom.. jaw dropped*

.oO(Must not say "I'm a strong black woman!")

I'm officialy flabbergasted.

techmaster-glitch

Oh. Mah. Gods.
Raist was right. Completely.

BILL: racism imo
AMBER: STOP GIVING THEM HINTS DAMNIT! :U
RAIST:
wasn't a hint until you responded.

But wait, Amber has arguments like this with mods all the time, so it must not be about skin color! >(

Or maybe she's trying to throw us off, and it's actually about skin color, but she knows that we know she play-argues with the mods all the time, so she play-argued with Bill, who she knew would make a wiseguy crack like that(or she actually asked him to), and it's all a diabolical plan to find out where the Illuminati have taken her uncle, who they kidnapped last week, by hiding turtles in his morning breakfast! D:

Weeeeell... completely right except for the last part. But he was right.

Manawolf

Finally figured out how to draw humans, did you?

superluser

Quote from: Manawolf on September 16, 2007, 10:48:34 PMFinally figured out how to draw humans, did you?

Yes.  She figured out how to draw them in 246.

Pagan

Hoooleee crap. A human. Unexpected.

So yeah... just shocked...  :erk
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Naldru

I believe that Jyrras has seen people with black fur but not people with black skin.  And I presume that that is skin we are seeing.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Faerie Alex

This thread lacks sufficient speculation. So I'll add some...

Perhaps this means that the Fae realm (established to exist outside of Furrae) is actually some sorta bridge between Furrae and Earth, and that fairies and Fae and kitterwings or whatever are, in fact, all one and the same. And that that's where Merlitz's human came from/to in that arc (which I'm too lazy to link to right now :<).
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Fuyudenki

Quote from: AnizInDisguise on September 16, 2007, 10:13:09 PM
Why not just show him a were in its human form?

Task 1: find a were.  This is impossible, as they tend to conceal their race, and anyone you accuse can simply say "No, you loon, I'm a Being, just like you!" and refuse to transform.  The only real sign is that they're powerful spellcasters, and a Being with enough time could do that.(I'm assuming Merlitz is a Being, not a Were, as if he could take human form himself, he wouldn't be so freaked out by them.)

Task 2: after you have found and confirmed said were, convince him to shift to his human form.  Not bloody likely, as it would totally blow his low-key cover.

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on September 16, 2007, 10:44:42 PM
Oh. Mah. Gods.
Raist was right. Completely.

BILL: racism imo
AMBER: STOP GIVING THEM HINTS DAMNIT! :U
RAIST:
wasn't a hint until you responded.

But wait, Amber has arguments like this with mods all the time, so it must not be about skin color! >(

Or maybe she's trying to throw us off, and it's actually about skin color, but she knows that we know she play-argues with the mods all the time, so she play-argued with Bill, who she knew would make a wiseguy crack like that(or she actually asked him to), and it's all a diabolical plan to find out where the Illuminati have taken her uncle, who they kidnapped last week, by hiding turtles in his morning breakfast! D:

Weeeeell... completely right except for the last part. But he was right.

Wait, what?  My commenting on the behaviors of a mod and a webcomic author hardly counts as guessing the purpose of a poll.

Goatmon

Must be strong...must resist urge to make racist joke. 

Ugh...urge to shoop....rising..

pseudocompulsion

Anyone else reminded of that Simpsons episode where Homer ends up in our world? No?

I like her. She's the first time the Fae realm has genuinely surprised me!

And I actually have a race-based joke that isn't racist, but it only works if you're white (like me).

How does every joke about Black people start?

*glances nervously over shoulders*

rt

:erk wait .. death .. babies .. gay characters .. and humans
This seems odly familiar  :3

You sneeky little Amber!

Fresnor

And to add more chaos to Jyrras' day, we just need Wildy to pop up into the area.

bilbo-sama

That indeed is unexpected. A human fae...or a fae suffering from premature balding.  :U