09-17-07 #820 Never seen a black woman before.

Started by thegayhare, September 16, 2007, 09:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Turnsky on September 17, 2007, 12:41:31 PM
you can blame Llearch for this, he asked me to do it, and i just couldn't pass it up

"Faethulhu"
<grabs a handful of D20s>

<makes sanity roll>

Drat, tuna mayonnaise...   :erk
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Roureem Egas

I'm wondering how she gets her hair like that. It looks like a pain to style that particular way with the poofy ends.

...that makes me wonder. I suppose there are hair stylists who do their jobs with magic?

KarlOmega1

Aha! now begins the question...are there any humans belonging to other races, even if humans are rare?
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on September 17, 2007, 05:22:51 PM
Aha! now begins the question...are there any humans belonging to other races, even if humans are rare?

... I don't think that question means quite what you think it means. Would you like to rephrase? Humans are, by definition, not part of -any- other races. Not even Weres, which -look- human on one of their guises, are human.

It's like asking "Are there any tomatoes that are apples, even if tomatoes are rare?" ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

KarlOmega1

Llearch...I don't know how to rephrase it...otherwise I would have done it.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Regal

Quote from: pseudocompulsion on September 17, 2007, 10:57:15 AM
Wouldn't it be neat if all the Fae on all the realms are based in the same Fae kingdom?  You'd get Furre-Fae, Human-Fae... I'm hoping for Faethulhu, myself.  :)

Molestrog had to come from somewhere. Unless he's from the Anime-Fae part of the kingdom. 

Madmann135

Quote from: Regal on September 17, 2007, 06:29:24 PM
Quote from: pseudocompulsion on September 17, 2007, 10:57:15 AM
Wouldn't it be neat if all the Fae on all the realms are based in the same Fae kingdom?  You'd get Furre-Fae, Human-Fae... I'm hoping for Faethulhu, myself.  :)

Molestrog had to come from somewhere. Unless he's from the Anime-Fae part of the kingdom. 

I really want to think that "Molestrog" was something Mab cooked up but considering Fae species are vast and wide I doubt that.

Oh the human fae could in fact be a were fae who likes being in a human form. 

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Aisha deCabre

I had a thought.  I'm too lazy to go look, no surprise.  :U But does it say anywhere as to how old the Fae race actually is?  Fae may have been around in the time of the humans, thus maybe there'd be one or two like them.

Notwithstanding the facts that could be wrong with that.  No appearing on Furrae to scare the critters, etc.   :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Madmann135 on September 17, 2007, 06:55:13 PM
Oh the human fae could in fact be a were fae who likes being in a human form. 

Doubtful, as Weres are an entirely different race from Fae in the same way that Cubi are an entirely different race from Beings.

Remember, though, that Fae can alter reality around them like a dream, so while I suspect it's just a Fae who happens to be human, instead of fuzzy, it's also possible that she's a "normal" fuzzy Fae who decided to look human.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on September 17, 2007, 07:08:09 PM
I had a thought.  I'm too lazy to go look, no surprise.  :U But does it say anywhere as to how old the Fae race actually is?  Fae may have been around in the time of the humans, thus maybe there'd be one or two like them.

Erm. According to the Demo 101:
QuoteAverage life span: unknown... a really long time
QuoteDespite being one of the oldest races, the Fae tend to be very good at keeping what they know a secret.
Notable Figure (Albanion): Age unknown, Albanion is one of the few Fae who seems to play an active part in the world of Furrae. A spokesperson for Peace, he has been one of the more active voices in trying to build bridges between the Creature and Beings race and it is likely due to him that the Beings/Creature Council hasn't fallen apart yet. It is unknown if this is simply him playing a role, as there is a ancient tablet describing an Albanion way back in ancient times who caused the destruction of an entire race of Mythos over who invented the yo-yo...

.. I think that's a "no" ;-]

Zedd

you can blame Llearch for this, he asked me to do it, and i just couldn't pass it up

"Faethulhu"
Dear god help us all...

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 17, 2007, 02:09:26 PM
Quote from: Raist on September 17, 2007, 12:04:34 PM
interesting note: Tapewolf, Gabi, Hazmat, and Zedd(I think) have black noses, and I believe Keaton does, as well.(at least, their furvatars do)
That's because they're all canid, and generally canids have black noses.
Now, my dog had a black nose, but the skin on her belly was most definitely pink.
You must also rember I am not all canine yet the genes show alot...Im half feline as well

DMFA!

well...she may look human...but i think she's a fae...she is in the Fae Kingdom after all.....I'm not sure

Naldru

Quote from: Roureem Egas on September 17, 2007, 03:44:43 PM
I'm wondering how she gets her hair like that. It looks like a pain to style that particular way with the poofy ends.

...that makes me wonder. I suppose there are hair stylists who do their jobs with magic?
I think this issue covered with respect to Cubi.  I imagine that Fae would use the same reasoning.

Quote from: DMFA! on September 17, 2007, 08:54:00 PM
well...she may look human...but i think she's a fae...she is in the Fae Kingdom after all.....I'm not sure
She does have antennae and wings, and I don't think that's too common around humans.  So I would say that she is probably a fae.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Alondro

*Charles yays!*  Now I R can B in teh comics, cuz me am R hooman and Mab lykes meee!   :B

*Charline and Alondro call a truce and brutally murder Charles.. and make hims STAY dead!  Until morning...*   :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Psaakyrn

Although beings and creatures have specific races, certain creatures have their "sub-race" based on a being type. Examples: Kria: Demon/mare. Lorenda: Demon/cow (I'm hesitant to say she has mare genes seeing that we haven't seen any mare-like traits on her). Daniel, Abel, Aaryanna: Cubi/feline. Mab: Fae/feline. Azlan, Neni: Fae/fox.

Therefore our new character is Fae/human. Case closed.

(You know, I won't be suprized if Pyroduck is Cubi/dragon as opposed to dragon with morphing capabilities...)

Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

pseudocompulsion

"Faethulhu"

Oh! Well! There he is!

You have no idea how glad I am to be a tiny bit responsible for that!

Good show, sir!

Castle Pokemetroid

Quote from: Psaakyrn on September 17, 2007, 10:06:37 PM
(You know, I won't be suprized if Pyroduck is Cubi/dragon as opposed to dragon with morphing capabilities...)

No true mythology wise. All dragons have natural morphing/shape shifting atbilites.

But with DMFA, anything's possible, telling from the current strip.

Zedd

And to answer your question what I would do for a klondike bar Amber.....*jabs the frozen treat with dry wall hammer* NOTHING!!  :mwaha

Psaakyrn

Quote from: Castle Pokemetroid on September 18, 2007, 01:01:41 AM
Quote from: Psaakyrn on September 17, 2007, 10:06:37 PM

No true mythology wise. All dragons have natural morphing/shape shifting atbilites.

But with DMFA, anything's possible, telling from the current strip.

Nup, quite a few != all, though it is possible. It still doesn't explain how a dragon would've come under the care of Fa'lina, especially with the tensions with the Cyra clan (or something). I'm just suggesting that the reason is because he is also a cubi.
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Naldru

Maybe Fa'lina came across Pyroduck as an abandoned infant.  She does have a soft spot for kids, apparently.  Perhaps Pyroduck had been one brought in by Destania for use as a class demonstration.  (Destania doesn't get along well with dragons.)
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Fex

Reese Tora

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 17, 2007, 02:09:26 PM
Quote from: Raist on September 17, 2007, 12:04:34 PM
interesting note: Tapewolf, Gabi, Hazmat, and Zedd(I think) have black noses, and I believe Keaton does, as well.(at least, their furvatars do)
That's because they're all canid, and generally canids have black noses.
Now, my dog had a black nose, but the skin on her belly was most definitely pink.

this is why I specifically avoided making a statement that ALL black nosed animals are black skinned.

Now, if you were to shave your dog (do NOT shave your pets, anyone reading this!) you would most likely find that the black of the nose extends over a larger portion of her body than what is visible normally.

I've always found it funny when a cartoon animal, shaved, is always pink under thier fur, and a nice fleshy shade of it at that, while thier noses retain whatever coloration it previously had(often with a clear demark where the fur prevuiously ended)

Though, in Sylvester's case, I suppose he may just have a very bad sunburn...
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Alondro

Lions' noses start out pink and gradually change to black as they age.  It's a good measure of relative age you can get just by looking at them.   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Alondro on September 18, 2007, 08:05:38 AM
Lions' noses start out pink and gradually change to black as they age.  It's a good measure of relative age you can get just by looking at them.   :3

So Charline morphs/dyes her nose then?
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Stig Hemmer

I've got the memory of a goldfish and need to ask: Does the word "woman" imply "human" in this comic?
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

TheDXM

Alondro

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on September 18, 2007, 08:29:46 AM
Quote from: Alondro on September 18, 2007, 08:05:38 AM

So Charline morphs/dyes her nose then?

Charline is immortal!  She NEVER ages!   :U

llearch n'n'daCorna

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 18, 2007, 10:07:11 AM
Quote from: Alondro on September 18, 2007, 09:59:37 AM
Charline is immortal!  She NEVER ages!   :U

... visibly.
>:3 >:3 >:3
Nice one, llearch.
Now you just need to hope that Charline doesn't have an appetite for poorly-stealthed cardboard boxes...

Mischa

Blarghlargh... when my computer crashed I lost all my bookmark information and web history, so it took me a while to find myself back here.  @__@

What is this poll people speak of?

And I wonder if there'll be any shiny, rubbery fae... :3  A genie can always dream!