09-17-07 #820 Never seen a black woman before.

Started by thegayhare, September 16, 2007, 09:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

Quote from: pseudocompulsion on September 16, 2007, 11:25:29 PM
Anyone else reminded of that Simpsons episode where Homer ends up in our world? No?

I like her. She's the first time the Fae realm has genuinely surprised me!

And I actually have a race-based joke that isn't racist, but it only works if you're white (like me).

How does every joke about Black people start?

*glances nervously over shoulders*
I wouldnt start...Unless you want Ton Nook after you

Regal

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Regal on September 17, 2007, 12:50:14 AM
Fae. Now available in chocolate.  :mowcookie
DragonballZ: YOU WILL TURN INTO CHOCOLATE! BZ-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z! *poof!*

Madd the Sane

Quote from: Fresnor on September 16, 2007, 11:31:09 PM
And to add more chaos to Jyrras' day, we just need Wildy to pop up into the area.
Hugs?  I like hugs! Huggles for everyone!

Since Fae seem to like random displays of affection, and Wildy seems to hug humans on sight, this wouldn't turn out too bad.
Of course I could be wrong.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

LigerJet

Reese Tora

Quote from: Naldru on September 16, 2007, 11:06:20 PM
I believe that Jyrras has seen people with black fur but not people with black skin.  And I presume that that is skin we are seeing.

:B

Animals with black noses have black skin.  If the fur is a single unbroken color, then it's a good bet thier skin is entirely the color of thier nose.  if there are any patches of different colors, the skin may be a different color as well under that patch.

Polar bears are black on the inside.(well, the skin under thier fur is black)
Tigers have stripy skin. :3

So, maybe it would be right to say Jyrras has never seen someone with so much bare black skin before.  Assuming, of course, that he doesn't know any black-colored amphibian furs.

Then again, I am hard put to recall which characters of Ambers, besides Jyrras himself, have black noses.

Seeing as it's a fanrtasy world, your milage may vary.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Tapewolf

Interesting.  Bear in mind that Jyrras constructed a human patch, and according to Amber you need DNA from the race you're making.  He also knew exactly what the effects were likely to be.  So I'm guessing she isn't the first human he's met.  It was still a surprise though.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Amber Williams

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 17, 2007, 05:08:41 AM
Interesting.  Bear in mind that Jyrras constructed a human patch, and according to Amber you need DNA from the race you're making.  So I'm guessing she isn't the first human he's met.

That or someone who has been helping him with other projects had the means to supply him with a DNA sample... :3

Madmann135

I can honestly say this is the first DMFA comic where I was genuinely shocked.
My first thought when I saw 'Mis. Fae' was "WHA!!!" and I had Jyrras's face in panels 2 and 4.  My next words were, "where are they Chicago?"  But this is not the first time Jyrras saw a Human with Wings.  Though That was Dan in disguise, though considering how accurate Jyrras was to depicting human (even though Dan looked more angelic than demonic) I say Dan was based on visual reference of the real thing.

*gnaws on table leg for being late in his post*

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 17, 2007, 05:13:58 AM
That or someone who has been helping him with other projects had the means to supply him with a DNA sample... :3

Which may well mean Mab got the DNA from her since they seem to be friends.  Now according to Merl in his little adventure way back, there were humans once but they died.    I don't know if it's possible for Fae to interbreed with other races (obviously they would also need a spare soul to make a Fae) but given the long lives of the Fae, I'm starting to wonder whether we're seeing the results of such a thing from before the humans died out.

computer nerd

Wow didn't see that coming , But Nice job on the surprise :)

TheDXM

This twist pretty much hit me like a train wreck.

I really wanna know what a human's doing with the fae. Considering that fae choose when they're born and when they die, I'd venture to guess she's not the only fae human either, unless they can also select their form.

Timothy

She also didn't seem to expect Jyrras to wonder about the human skin but rather the color.
So yes ... there is probably more humanoid fae than just her.

whoa ... 10 fingers!  :) (and the most fluffy hair tips ever)
*If in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout*

Angel

Holy cho-pah-lay-bah-jee-bus.

...OK, so I know she's not really a human...right?
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Alondro

Quote from: modelincard on September 16, 2007, 11:10:46 PM
This thread lacks sufficient speculation. So I'll add some...

Perhaps this means that the Fae realm (established to exist outside of Furrae) is actually some sorta bridge between Furrae and Earth, and that fairies and Fae and kitterwings or whatever are, in fact, all one and the same. And that that's where Merlitz's human came from/to in that arc (which I'm too lazy to link to right now :<).

Yes, these thoughts are akin to my own.  After all, the human that popped in from somewhere, and such an interdimensional portal would require tremendous power and the ability to violate the laws of physics:  hence, the Fae!   :3

Either that or make a dimensional flux agitator.   :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Madmann135

There are a few things I just realised about this comic.

1 - That woman is a spokes fae for black pride
2 - That woman is the cutest cartoon Black woman that I've seen yet (must be the wings)
3 - That final pose in pannel 4 is well worth the wait.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

pseudocompulsion

Quote from: Zedd on September 17, 2007, 12:09:10 AM
Quote from: pseudocompulsion on September 16, 2007, 11:25:29 PM
Anyone else reminded of that Simpsons episode where Homer ends up in our world? No?

I like her. She's the first time the Fae realm has genuinely surprised me!

And I actually have a race-based joke that isn't racist, but it only works if you're white (like me).

How does every joke about Black people start?

I wouldnt start...Unless you want Ton Nook after you

No, see, that's the whole joke.  It's making fun of white people who will tell racist jokes to their friends (which I don't), but would be terrified if any non-white person overheard.

Quote from: Black_angel on September 17, 2007, 08:32:44 AM
Holy cho-pah-lay-bah-jee-bus.

...OK, so I know she's not really a human...right?

Of course not, she's Fae.   ;)  And I don't see why she couldn't have a human base form; we know that humans can stumble into Furrae (and freak out Merlitz), so they must exist somewhere.

Wouldn't it be neat if all the Fae on all the realms are based in the same Fae kingdom?  You'd get Furre-Fae, Human-Fae... I'm hoping for Faethulhu, myself.  :)

*Edited to add something on-topic, and then edited again to add a line break so no one goes blind reading my post. :P  ...Edited a third time to make a joke about "topicality for the win!" just in case there are any policy debaters in the room.

GabrielsThoughts

Perhaps it is she can return chef (southpark) from the dark side.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Illusionist

Quote from: pseudocompulsion on September 16, 2007, 11:25:29 PMHow does every joke about Black people start?

Hehe...that was actually pretty funny.

Also, this was pretty surprising.

Aleolus

OK, not only a human, but also a black human at that!  And a human with farie wings!

Dard

Okay, I'll just say that I stare and am amazed!
(and I have seen black human women before)

Insert Witty Name

This strip just keeps getting better and better  :)
The lurker formerly known as "Zombie_Hunter".

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Reese Tora on September 17, 2007, 04:15:20 AM
Then again, I am hard put to recall which characters of Ambers, besides Jyrras himself, have black noses.

Seeing as it's a fanrtasy world, your milage may vary.

Jy, Wildy and Biggs, Pyroduck, Azlan, the Rats, and Regina all have black noses, and except for Azlan and Regina's belly markings, they all have solid fur.

Akaen the Angel, Nicky the Demon, Fa'Lina the Cubi, and Hahwru the Were(skunk, it looks like) have black noses, and similar to Azlan and Pyro, they all have two-tone fur.(solid with a chest splotch).

interesting note: Tapewolf, Gabi, Hazmat, and Zedd(I think) have black noses, and I believe Keaton does, as well.(at least, their furvatars do)

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 17, 2007, 05:13:58 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on September 17, 2007, 05:08:41 AM
Interesting.  Bear in mind that Jyrras constructed a human patch, and according to Amber you need DNA from the race you're making.  So I'm guessing she isn't the first human he's met.

simpler than that, Tapewolf, obviously, Mab borrowed some hair from some of her human-Fae friends.

Turnsky

you can blame Llearch for this, he asked me to do it, and i just couldn't pass it up

"Faethulhu"

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Azlan

*roflmao*

Sorry, too much MMOs... the chat speak grows on you after awhile.  Faethulhu... *snickers*

You can normally tell an animal's skin color by the color of their noses and pads.  For myself, in animals and furries in general, skin color is not indicative of any type of human cultural connotation.  Because Azlan has a particular skin color does not mean he is a part of a human cultural group, nor does it mean the person behind him is either.  Azlan has varied his skin color between pinkish and black at least a few times.  It just doesn't have the same meaning people attribute things to, at least I do not think so.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Falcarthum

Oh my! I don't know what is more funny/shocking about Faethulhu: the fact that is a fae, that is wearing a dress or that is giving a thumb-up...

"Stare an be amazed!" Maybe I adopt it like a motto...

"Fantasy & Reality are opposed sides of the same coin."
"Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity."

<== Yappity by Silverfox

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Azlan on September 17, 2007, 01:28:16 PM
*roflmao*

Sorry, too much MMOs... the chat speak grows on you after awhile.  Faethulhu... *snickers*

You can normally tell an animal's skin color by the color of their noses and pads.  For myself, in animals and furries in general, skin color is not indicative of any type of human cultural connotation.  Because Azlan has a particular skin color does not mean he is a part of a human cultural group, nor does it mean the person behind him is either.  Azlan has varied his skin color between pinkish and black at least a few times.  It just doesn't have the same meaning people attribute things to, at least I do not think so.

Was just counting how many characters have black noses and solid fur vs. pink noses and/or striped or speckled fur.  I wasn't trying to draw any parallels, just point out that there are more black-nosed DMFA characters than just Jyyras.

Personally, my fursona, if you could call it that, has a black nose, as well.  I'm currently indecisive over whether his coat is auburn, or slate gray, though.  In contrast, I bear a striking resemblance to Raist VII, from King's Blood(my avatar), which is why I adopted him as an identity.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Raist on September 17, 2007, 12:04:34 PM
interesting note: Tapewolf, Gabi, Hazmat, and Zedd(I think) have black noses, and I believe Keaton does, as well.(at least, their furvatars do)
That's because they're all canid, and generally canids have black noses.
Now, my dog had a black nose, but the skin on her belly was most definitely pink.

Azlan

Most Canines are splotchy skinned, pink and patches of gray/black.  It's a result of our selective breeding, their ancestors are generally mono-toned in skin coloration. 
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"