09/08/07 it slices it dices! abel's Story [#97]

Started by Turnsky, September 07, 2007, 09:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pseudocompulsion

Nah, see, it's not that I'm squeamish about the head itself being alive, or neurons firing posthumously, or even, uh, zombie dogs. It's more like I don't want to think about what it's like to be a living, severed head. That's freaking unsettling, yo.

Though I guess it'd be alright if I got a real nice jar.

EDIT: I misspelled "squeamish." Crap.

Regal

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 09, 2007, 09:49:28 AM
Who reckons Abel is going to hear Hennya's dying thoughts?

....cookies....burning....

Psaakyrn

Quote from: WhiteFire on September 08, 2007, 05:33:04 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on September 08, 2007, 05:06:13 PM
Aniz may have attacked first, but it was Hennya who tried to go lethal first.
etc. etc. etc... (sorry, not picking on your posts in particular here, just an example...)

Does our morality really matter here? Justified by our morals or not, I don't think it really matters. In the DMFA world, different rules apply, and it's those rules that are going to impact what happens in the comic itself. Unless we just want to decide how much we hate Aniz. I think "he is a mega-jerk" has long been established and accepted after all... (I suppose technically I could be more descriptive as this thread is OK for language, but..)

From the standpoint of the morality of Creatures, this seemed fairly in keeping with their normal operation: strongest wins.

Which really begs the question lots of people are asking.... why is he so upset? The "authorities" are not going to care.
* Vengeful family, clan or friends she had?
* Mentally scaring his son further? I am not entirely sure he CARES considering the way he chose to break the news and slapping Abel's mother around and tormenting her emotionally. Then again he does kinda go back on that in regards to the blood phobia.
* Rules set down by Fa'Lina? He did imply she was going to be upset about something already, so she is _somehow_ involved in what he is upto.
* Something about the "she" mentioned? Which may or may not be Fa'Lina (if it was it would be a bit odd for him to avoid mentioning her name since he already has dropped it).
* Most probably: I have no clue what so ever because I don't know enough... after all, a lot of the motives of the various players has NOT been spelled out in full, much less the full list of them, so... who the heck knows.

Actually, the authorities would have cause to care. Do note that for a city to prosper, there has to be some sense of laws, especially one which wants to deal with beings. (I'm assuming it does so considering the family's smooth transistion into the city.)

Also.... Kria's due to show up soon... and one last possibility why he'd be paranoid: Perhaps Abel suffered a heart attack? (nore that Abel's eyes are mere dots compared to May's..)
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Sunblink

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on September 08, 2007, 05:24:28 PM
Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on September 08, 2007, 04:58:49 PM
I had a thought. What if Abel's clan has an affinity for blood? Perhaps Aniz goes berserk at the sight of blood, similar to what happens when a bull sees something red, including other members of his clan. Maybe Abel's hemophobic reaction is because he's only part 'Cubus, or because of some genetic fault, or whatever? This affiliation with blood could be part of the reason Abel isn't quite fond of his clan marking. Plus, his clan marking looks quite similar to a droplet of blood.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

That is something that I've never thought of...and it sounds like it fits absolutely perfectly. In fact, it is probaby one of the best DMFA theories I've ever heard.
On no! If you're right, Now Amber's gonna change it all just so we're wrong! D: D: D:

No one talk about it anymore. :shifty You did not see anything here, Amber :paranoid Move along *Jedi hand wave*

Heh, thank you very much! :3 I'm glad someone likes the speculation theory. XD Bwahaha.

The more I go over the recent Abel's Story page, the more Hennya's death sort of.. strikes me. Mostly because I went through the whole comic and saw when she was a little kid during her first appearance, and her behavior as an adult. :< Plus there's the fact she was getting married, like you guys say.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Nyght

Alright for the whole self defense thing I've been reading about. I'd like to point something out; She attacked him in HIS own home.
The fact of the matter is, he does own the home, it's his family, might not be necessarily what the family wants. However, he has been the care taker and provider for some time. So home invasion is out, considering he's been living there for how long?

Oh, and hi!

superluser

Quote from: Nyght on September 19, 2007, 01:26:05 PMAlright for the whole self defense thing I've been reading about. I'd like to point something out; She attacked him in HIS own home.
The fact of the matter is, he does own the home, it's his family, might not be necessarily what the family wants. However, he has been the care taker and provider for some time. So home invasion is out, considering he's been living there for how long?

We actually don't know who owns the house.  Probably the bank.  ;)

Uh, also, home invasion may be out but manslaughter and felony murder (the former is pretty universal, but the latter is only in some jurisdictions) are still possibilities.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

llearch n'n'daCorna

... and welcome!

(You might want to post a thread in the Villa saying hi to folks. Or, you might not. Over to you...)

Quote from: superluser on September 19, 2007, 03:26:03 PM

What, Adventurer doesn't pay enough to cover the mortgage payments?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 19, 2007, 03:58:43 PMWhat, Adventurer doesn't pay enough to cover the mortgage payments?

Well, they did move there about 15 years ago, and on a 30-year mortgage, it's probably still mainly the bank's.

Nyght

Quote from: superluser on September 19, 2007, 03:26:03 PM
Quote from: Nyght on September 19, 2007, 01:26:05 PMAlright for the whole self defense thing I've been reading about. I'd like to point something out; She attacked him in HIS own home.

Uh, also, home invasion may be out but manslaughter and felony murder (the former is pretty universal, but the latter is only in some jurisdictions) are still possibilities.

Unless he uses the fact there was an attempt on his life. Which, in turn, would make the cause self defense rather than manslaughter. I assume this due in part this is a demon city and being are probably not high on rights. Civil dispute on the other hand could be charged with his sudden strike on his wife. While they could use aggravated assault as a defense, I seriously doubt it would stand up in court. All things considered.

If all else fails, he reverts to his being form, wipes "his wife"s memory or just enough to feed off her emotions and send Abel off to the school. All the while claiming it was in self defense of the home. (Yes, I am ignoring the fact she was a family friend. She's still not a being, dangit. Non-beings on being assault is probably common.)

superluser

Quote from: Nyght on September 20, 2007, 12:53:07 AMUnless he uses the fact there was an attempt on his life. Which, in turn, would make the cause self defense rather than manslaughter.

It's still manslaughter.  If you're committing a felony, and in the process of committing that felony, you kill someone, it's manslaughter.  You might be able to claim self-defense if you weren't the instigator, but as soon as you start the assault, it's not self-defense any more.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: superluser on September 19, 2007, 11:19:44 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 19, 2007, 03:58:43 PMWhat, Adventurer doesn't pay enough to cover the mortgage payments?

Well, they did move there about 15 years ago, and on a 30-year mortgage, it's probably still mainly the bank's.

That presumes they didn't get anything for their previous house, which, given Aniz/Cid was Adventuring more or less full-time then, I'd guess they probably held freehold, or at least close to.

Sure, moving into a city means the costs are much more, but it's going to at least be a decent deposit, and in -that- case, you'd be looking at a 15 or 20 year mortgage - although, if it was me, I'd be looking for a variable mortgage, so that, when flush, I could pay off more, and when not flush, I could hold off on paying. In that case, almost anything could have happened - but given the sort of person we are supposed to expect Cid to be (and therefore what Aniz is going to be doing, in order to keep his cover) and also given this page, particularly panel 5, one would presume that Aniz has paid off the mortgage fully, and "they" own the house freehold.

No real surprises there. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Brunhidden on September 07, 2007, 09:52:14 PM
Hey, ive heard legends where you slice off a dudes head, he picks it back up and tells you how much it stings before beating you with his severed head, it fits right in there somewhere

For the sake of enjoying the apparent necromancy going on in this thread alone, most immortals tend to die when you cut their heads off, let alone the multiple pieces of Hennya that we've counted.

I do wonder what makes a Cubi wing so razor-sharp though...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on September 20, 2007, 11:25:28 AM
You can probably get the edge down to a couple of molecules thick.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 20, 2007, 11:35:19 AM
You can probably get the edge down to a couple of molecules thick.
Makes most cooking shows wet their pants :3

superluser

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on September 20, 2007, 11:25:28 AMFor the sake of enjoying the apparent necromancy going on in this thread alone, most immortals tend to die when you cut their heads off, let alone the multiple pieces of Hennya that we've counted.

We don't know if that's true in DMFA.  It would be fun to see what Amber could do with it.  Maybe some Bad Ash jokes?

Naldru

Quote from: Brunhidden on September 07, 2007, 09:52:14 PM
Hey, ive heard legends where you slice off a dudes head, he picks it back up and tells you how much it stings before beating you with his severed head, it fits right in there somewhere

For the sake of enjoying the apparent necromancy going on in this thread alone, most immortals tend to die when you cut their heads off, let alone the multiple pieces of Hennya that we've counted.

I just wondered how many immortals you knew, and how long you'd known them.

As to how Aniz's tentacles could slice and dice so readily, it's a magic food processor
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.