09/12/07 [#818] Pre-emption

Started by Tapewolf, September 12, 2007, 03:55:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Love Lorenda's expression in the last panel...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

Sid

Wow, for the first time in a good while, an update sneaks up on me after I checked my comic links. ...I totally have to stop getting up hours before noon xD

Poor Jyrras, one tends to forget that pretty much the entire post-SAIA event chain most likely happened fairly recently in the continuity. Not having the time to stop and think is possibly the worst-case scenario for a thinker like him.

And personally, I'm more of a fan of panel-1-Jyrras in terms of expressions - Lorenda reminds me of the strip where Mab and Lorenda notice him flying past in the background, but in a good way, of course. :)
:boogie

ninjannihilator

Now the question is whether that last line was for the pity effect or genuine?

Sid

Quote from: ninjannihilator on September 12, 2007, 04:09:16 AM
Now the question is whether that last line was for the pity effect or genuine?

Well, it's one of the few remaining items on his "Things that can put my world upside down and flush it down the toilet" list, so it may be resignation... (although I personally go with "genuine insight"... especially since "Insight" is the comic's title :P)
:boogie

superluser

I think the real question is whether Lorenda even wants to be friends any more...or if Albanion has jiggered the books so that Jyrras will have something to lose.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Zedd

Only thing have say about this comic Amber You get the Master aproved degreeness!

Pagan

The last frame was awesome. Finally Jyrras throws down a shocker to someone else.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Alondro

*Charline hmms*  I can fill in the rest of Lorenda's speech! 

Ahem:  Sorry Jyrras, I just want to be friends, but demon cows don't really have friends so I'll just eat you instead.  Om nom nom nom!   :mwaha

Er, wait... then I don't get to eat him.   :<
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Alondro on September 12, 2007, 08:24:31 AM

Ahem:  Sorry Jyrras, I just want to be friends, but demon cows don't really have friends so I'll just eat you instead.  Om nom nom nom!   :mwaha

I'm sure you have a veritable... what's the word... smorgasboard of options. You can pass over one kangaroo rat, surely.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

DarkAudit

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on September 12, 2007, 08:25:26 AM

I'm sure you have a veritable... what's the word... smorgasboard of options. You can pass over one kangaroo rat, surely.

As seen on Feasting on Asphalt 2, without the potatoes, it's not a smörgåsbord,  it's just a buffet.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Alondro

*Charline noes!*  I can't pass on him!  He's the poor victim everyone is supposed to pity!  I MUST send him to a dismal end in my tummy!  It is my duty as a cruel and evil villainess!   >:3

*notices Janus...  POUNCE!*   :superlick
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Netrogo

Lorenda's reaction in the last panel was great :giggle

Personally I think she's gonna say the exact opposite of what Jyrass is expecting.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Alondro on September 12, 2007, 08:30:33 AM
*Charline noes!*  I can't pass on him!  He's the poor victim everyone is supposed to pity!  I MUST send him to a dismal end in my tummy!  It is my duty as a cruel and evil villainess!   >:3

Hope you're not diabetic,  I'm told I must taste like caramel or cinnamon. And stop stalking my university like I said, okay?  :U

(And to not derail the thread further: Lorenda's little "Wait... what?" moment made me snickergiggle. Jyrras surprising someone instead of constantly being surprised ftw!)
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

WhiteFire

I honestly didn't think you could make a cow look as good as she does in panel 2...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: WhiteFire on September 12, 2007, 08:58:23 AM
I honestly didn't think you could make a cow look as good as she does in panel 2...

And just think - this isn't Amber spending days working on getting it right, this is one day's output in a four-times-weekly strip.

I'm -scared- by how good she has drawn this one frame. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Saist

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 12, 2007, 10:32:17 AM
Quote from: WhiteFire on September 12, 2007, 08:58:23 AM

And just think - this isn't Amber spending days working on getting it right, this is one day's output in a four-times-weekly strip.

I'm -scared- by how good she has drawn this one frame. ;-]

for some reason I have a strange desire to pounce Lorenda and give her snuggles...

GabrielsThoughts

so  now it's sunset/summer?

Jyrras put on the pants! oh god, what if the spell al put on magical pants of plot servitude commands Jyrras to fart!
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

ChaoSynergy

So Albanion cursed Jyrras with the horrible fate of...MINDTAKING!  *swirlyhands*

>.>;

Fex

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on September 12, 2007, 08:34:26 AM

Hope you're not diabetic,  I'm told I must taste like caramel or cinnamon. And stop stalking my university like I said, okay?  :U

Mmmmm caramel *quickly runs off and comes back after 10 minutes. Has 2 buckets with icecream one vanilla and the other chocolate, one icespoon (no idea how you call those things), some cans off whipped cream, a jar off cherries and an bowl big enough for Janus*

Here caramel Janus me has suprise for you =3

Zedd

:yeahthat From the looks of it...Janus I will tell Ink you died peacfuly..And into her gut again. And on topic...I tell you its probley a thing Jy knows..He learns to adcept really easliy

DarkAudit

Quote from: ChaoSynergy on September 12, 2007, 11:17:21 AM
So Albanion cursed Jyrras with the horrible fate of...MINDTAKING!  *swirlyhands*

>.>;

BOOO WEEE OOOP!!
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Kenji

Let Lorenda eat him, then eat her.

Gildedtongue

Jyrras didn't become a successful scientist due to his lack of powers of observation.

Sienna Maiu - M T

(And to not derail the thread further: Lorenda's little "Wait... what?" moment made me snickergiggle. Jyrras surprising someone instead of constantly being surprised ftw!)
I agree.

Caswin

So, is Lorenda's reaction a "but I don't want to be just friends" one or a genuine overall "wait, what?"
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

rt

Don't have much to add but the general 'good comic' and to wait with the rest of you to for the next lines after 'wait what'

:eager what wait? about what? tell us!!  :eager

nikename2

Quote from: Caswin on September 13, 2007, 09:43:02 AM
So, is Lorenda's reaction a "but I don't want to be just friends" one or a genuine overall "wait, what?"

I hope it's the former, after the day he's had.  :3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Xeksue on September 13, 2007, 09:59:06 AM
I hope it's the former, after the day he's had.  :3

... Is this really the place and time, Lorenda? :-/
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Fex on September 12, 2007, 12:56:58 PM

Mmmmm caramel *quickly runs off and comes back after 10 minutes. Has 2 buckets with icecream one vanilla and the other chocolate, one icespoon (no idea how you call those things), some cans off whipped cream, a jar off cherries and an bowl big enough for Janus*

Here caramel Janus me has suprise for you =3

:x To get it out of the way.... *flees thread trailing bits of whipped cream and ice cream* A Janus is not for eating!  :U