08/24/07 [#810] yo mamma

Started by AndersW, August 24, 2007, 12:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

Abel is avoiding the question I see.

King Of Hearts

So will we get a flashback for this to give Dan a better understanding of Dee? Or will this be a defining moment for Abel and Dan's budding faux teacher-student relationship?

Zina

Abel and Destania totally boned.
That's my theory. And it's the right one. Or so I hear.

King Of Hearts

Dan... I AM your father! or at least the father of one of your half brothers or sisters...

AndersW

Abel looks adorable covered in watermelon in the first panel.

techmaster-glitch

I think it was Tape who called it: The reason why Dan asked the question was because he actually did think that Abel knew her. And I just remembered this,, which is pretty much proof that dan figured it out ahead of time.
"ugh, you fight like my mom..."

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: AndersW on August 24, 2007, 12:42:20 AM

I thought he was blushing muchly with that much pink on him, then I remembered the watermelon.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

superluser

- I'm still in the totally boned camp.  Though I'm still not convinced that it was anything more than homework.
- Abel's expression in panel 1 looks almost like it came out of Jigsaw Forte (especially with the two colors with the same saturation and value, but different hues)
- Amber should look into IBM Model M Keyboards.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Rithm Alfortele

"something bad about yo mamma"

This leads me to believe one of two things.

1. "bad" being "TMI bad", in which case Abel probably boned Destania.

2. "bad" being "I hate her bad", in which case... Abel was probably jealous of her after she married Edward.  Remember what the SAIA doctor said to Abel?  "Silly me... Here I was thinking you actually cared about his welfare since he happened to be Edward Ti'Fiona's Son?"
My thinking?  Yaoi.  Of course, I'm a yaoi fan, so I naturally look for it, so I'm probably assuming nothing.
Still, I'm really wondering about Abel's connection with Edward Ti'Fiona.

nikename2

Or......it could be because Destania was once the teacher for the pain and terror department and Abel doesn't want Dan to know that his mom is really the architect for why Dan has dislike towards his own race, because she trained them all how to be hard ruthless murder machines of death and destruction.  :mwaha

Just a thought.   :D

Rithm Alfortele

Quote from: Xeksue on August 24, 2007, 01:33:27 AM
Or......it could be because Destania was once the teacher for the pain and terror department and Abel doesn't want Dan to know that his mom is really the architect for why Dan has dislike towards his own race, because she trained them all how to be hard ruthless murder machines of death and destruction.  :mwaha

Actually, that sounds pretty good.  *claps*

Now then...

What's Abel's connection with Edward Ti'Fiona?  Any thoughts?

MaskedRetriever

Manawolf

Oh come on!  That is such a pussy expression on Dan's face in the last panel.

Where's my "Oh yeah?" moment?

King Of Hearts

They were ex-lovers and Dee only got 'im from the rebound.

Nah.

Im thinking Ed was a friend to him or at least a father figure of sorts for a time.

Zedd

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on August 24, 2007, 12:51:30 AM

I thought he was blushing muchly with that much pink on him, then I remembered the watermelon.
He really looks like strawberry juice right now...

Izkata

On a side note, Nilae should be the next new character's name.

superluser

Quote from: Izkata on August 24, 2007, 01:57:50 AMOn a side note, Nilae should be the next new character's name.

Nah.  We should try to come up with anagra--ALIEN?  What is Amber doing writing so much about aliens?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Roureem Egas

Quote from: superluser on August 24, 2007, 02:05:04 AM
Quote from: Izkata on August 24, 2007, 01:57:50 AMOn a side note, Nilae should be the next new character's name.

Nah.  We should try to come up with anagra--ALIEN?  What is Amber doing writing so much about aliens?

I figured she might might know of someone named Elaine. It was the first thing that I came up with when I saw those letters.

Madmann135

I called it, I can't believe I called it, Able and Destania fight alike.
*does his happy dance* *happy dance over*

Back to the game.

I wonder what's going to happen next, things have just gotten interesting between Able and Dan.  It looks like they are boding Able and Dan style. 

Translation:  They fight for a little while then chat like nothing happened.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Fex

is it me or do the colors off abel look a bit different. though I like this comic again =3

rabid_fox

I love the pink and soggy Abel. Also, surprisingly expressive shoulders.

They're such guys, those two.

Oh dear.

e_voyager

Quote from: Xeksue on August 24, 2007, 01:33:27 AM

maybe but doubtful. one does not need to kill to inflict pain and terror in fact  some one who's skilled in inflicting physical pain can keep their prey in agony for hours  just shy of passing out and a long way form death if they choose. that is providing that they know enough about their preys tolerances.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Grenn

Quote from: King Of Hearts on August 24, 2007, 01:41:13 AM

Im thinking Ed was a friend to him or at least a father figure of sorts for a time.

I thought Amber mentioned that Edward and Abel never actually met. Or am I just crazy? :D

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on August 24, 2007, 12:43:21 AM
I think it was Tape who called it: The reason why Dan asked the question was because he actually did think that Abel knew her. And I just remembered ["ugh, you fight like my mom..."] which is pretty much proof that dan figured it out ahead of time.
Yeah, that comment was what triggered the train of thought.  I won't say "I told you so" because that would be vain and besides, Amber doesn't like it.
I will however take this opportunity to restate my belief that Dan is smarter than he looks >:3

Quote from: superluser on August 24, 2007, 01:06:53 AM
- Amber should look into IBM Model M Keyboards.
They're not indestructible, as I discovered by destroying mine.  However they do rock, and I'm glad I got a replacement even though it cost around $60.

I thought it was the LCD colours again at first  :rolleyes

Quote from: e_voyager on August 24, 2007, 04:03:56 AM
maybe but doubtful. one does not need to kill to inflict pain and terror in fact  some one who's skilled in inflicting physical pain can keep their prey in agony for hours  just shy of passing out and a long way form death if they choose. that is providing that they know enough about their preys tolerances.
Wishful thinking, I say.  She was going to eat Edward's soul because he happened to be a Being, even after he rescued her.  She's now planning genocide.  Abel probably doesn't know that bit (depends on what Fa'Lina knows and how much she told him) but he probably knows she's capable of it since he's known her for a while.
Either way, Dan is going to go ballistic when he finds she ran the Pain and Terror department.  Even if he tries to rationalise it later like you did, I'd say he's in for a very nasty shock.

Quote from: Grenn on August 24, 2007, 04:20:31 AM
I thought Amber mentioned that Edward and Abel never actually met. Or am I just crazy? :D
I think so too.  It would be a very strange situation to allow them to meet.  More likely, Ed killed Aniz and Fa'Lina told Abel.

After that we start to go into conspiracyland with mental theories like "Edward is actually Aniz in disguise again which is why Dee didn't kill him"

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

rabid_fox

Conspiracyland should be avoided at all costs. The tax is too high and the snapping turtles are massing.

Oh dear.

Tapewolf

It's kind of sweet that Abel isn't tempted to say it anyway out of revenge for the melon attack.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Izkata on August 24, 2007, 01:57:50 AM
On a side note, Nilae should be the next new character's name.

"Type it early, type it often."

Quote from: Madmann135 on August 24, 2007, 02:59:33 AM
I called it, I can't believe I called it, Able and Destania fight alike.
*does his happy dance* *happy dance over*

Er, yeah. Tape mentioned, we don't like that, mmkay?

Good lad.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 24, 2007, 06:10:10 AM
"Type it early, type it often."
Isn't that what Kaskar got booted for doing?   :B

rabid_fox

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 24, 2007, 05:17:09 AM
It's kind of sweet that Abel isn't tempted to say it anyway out of revenge for the melon attack.

He's a darling. I bet he appreciates fine tea and Italian biscuits.

Oh dear.

King Of Hearts

Quote from: Grenn on August 24, 2007, 04:20:31 AM
Quote from: King Of Hearts on August 24, 2007, 01:41:13 AM

Whoops... I guess I didn't see that lil' tidbit before.

Hmm... new theory...

Maybe he has some kind of preconception abut Ed with that He built up from his interactions with Dee. The whole referring of Dan as Ed's son making Abel think makes me think that there's more to it somehow.