8/21/07 #809: What was my mom like? Gotch'ya

Started by Madd the Sane, August 21, 2007, 11:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saist

Quote from: Sid on August 22, 2007, 08:41:54 AM
Quote from: je.saist on August 22, 2007, 08:21:14 AM
* je.saist notes that THERE ARE NO PLOTHOLES and summons the Spirit of Dave to seal all plotholes at once!

...unless I mis-get your reference, the logical consequence would be to send Dan back in time... *shudders*

he only has to hang from the roof in Fa'lina's office for 3months. How bad could it be?

Gabi

I'm a bit worried about the rant. Well, not really worried, but I find it weird. Mid-life crisis at 25? Is Amber expecting to die at 50?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

VioletDusk

This isn't about to decend into a series of "Yo mamma is such a ho..." jokes now, is it? Not that couldn't be fun in it's own right. ^.^ All I know is that Abel just looks really guilty there for a moment.

rt

Hmm, I can feel the wiggly-wavy flash back lines approaching as we speek. As for the Dan question plot hole thingamabob .. I thought it wasa very Dan way to ask. Even if Abel didn't know her personally he might have some stories/info.

Caswin

Quote from: Gabi on August 22, 2007, 08:53:14 AM
I'm a bit worried about the rant. Well, not really worried, but I find it weird. Mid-life crisis at 25? Is Amber expecting to die at 50?
Actually, since 50 is rarely the middle of a person's life, I'd say 40.

And... Dan's smart. O_o
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Tapewolf

Quote from: rt on August 22, 2007, 09:20:57 AM
Hmm, I can feel the wiggly-wavy flash back lines approaching as we speek.  As for the Dan question plot hole thingamabob...
No!  Not a plot-hole!  An interesting observation :B

If anything, I'm suspecting that Dan's going to find out what Dee was teaching, and have a conniption over it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

DarkAudit

Unless SAIA is the size of a university, most students know who the best and/or popular teachers are. They may never take the class, but students see the teacher in the halls, and may actually engage in conversation. *gasp*
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Tapewolf

Quote from: DarkAudit on August 22, 2007, 10:06:19 AM
Unless SAIA is the size of a university, most students know who the best and/or popular teachers are.
I'm assuming it is at least the size of UWE, which is fairly small but is still big enough to have complete isolation between disciplines.  There were whole sections of it I never visited at all.  Of course I wasn't there for 375 years...  >:3

techmaster-glitch

Yeah, if you go to a school for 350+ years, I think it would be safe to say that in that time span, you would have vistited ever single nook and cranny at least once. :P

King Of Hearts

Abel shoved his eggplant down Dan's throat...

yes, Im being infantile...

yes, I know how that sounds forced...

yes, Im thinking about drawing it...

...or not.

Alondro

Quote from: Violet Dusk on August 22, 2007, 09:02:16 AM
This isn't about to decend into a series of "Yo mamma is such a ho..." jokes now, is it? Not that couldn't be fun in it's own right. ^.^ All I know is that Abel just looks really guilty there for a moment.

*Dan*  What was my Mom like at the Academy?

*Wildy pops in and adds* ... in bed?  

:giggle
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

rt

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 22, 2007, 09:41:09 AM
Quote from: rt on August 22, 2007, 09:20:57 AM
As for the Dan question plot hole thingamabob...
No!  Not a plot-hole!  An interesting observation :B

<Arrnold> Eets not a plot 'ole

My bad .. 'Dave' already fixed any holes
And I now promptly shift blame to sid for calling it that first  >:3

Zedd

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 22, 2007, 10:12:18 AM
Quote from: DarkAudit on August 22, 2007, 10:06:19 AM
Unless SAIA is the size of a university, most students know who the best and/or popular teachers are.
I'm assuming it is at least the size of UWE, which is fairly small but is still big enough to have complete isolation between disciplines.  There were whole sections of it I never visited at all.  Of course I wasn't there for 375 years...  >:3
Im sure maybe your char did pop in and bump into Zedd maybe...Not sure how but probley fate is like a giant cheese wheel

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Alondro on August 22, 2007, 10:56:10 AM
*Dan*  What was my Mom like at the Academy?

C|N>K
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Seth C Triggs

This strip just made me think of the classic "spaz chop." Heh heh...

-Seth
BIBP Webcomic - bizarre and NSFW - http://www.bibp.com

superluser

Quote from: Alondro on August 22, 2007, 10:56:10 AM*Dan*  What was my Mom like at the Academy?

Yeah, I'm actually half-expecting this.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

sanasawa

hmm..is Dan practising his contact based mindreading skills again? arc588

I guess Abel lost his focus there for a second, forgetting to close his mind when his good looks had just been so viciously ruined  :) so giving Dan a glimpse of whats going on in his mind. And I can see how Able must struggle not to think about her when hes spending so much time around her only son.

SpottedKitty

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on August 22, 2007, 10:16:31 AM
Yeah, if you go to a school for 350+ years, I think it would be safe to say that in that time span, you would have vistited ever single nook and cranny at least once. :P
Except the library. We still don't know what Abel did there, but I got the feeling one visit was (more than) enough.   ;)

What did happen, anyway? Did Abel criticise the Librarian's stacking...?   :erk
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Tapewolf

Quote from: SpottedKitty on August 22, 2007, 07:51:14 PM

It's possible that Amber doesn't know.  Either way, what actually happened probably wouldn't live up to people's expectations now :P

Now I can see the strip on a decent monitor, I've just got to add that I love the little smashed vegetables everywhere.  A nice touch.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 22, 2007, 07:59:54 PM
Quote from: SpottedKitty on August 22, 2007, 07:51:14 PM

It's possible that Amber doesn't know.  Either way, what actually happened probably wouldn't live up to people's expectations now :P
Probably. It's been said that it is similar to the "Noddle Incident" of the Calvin and Hobbes comics. It's frequently referenced, but never actually explained or flashback-revisited.

CALVIN: We're supposed to be doing a creative writing story in class...
HOBBES: Heh-heh...like that "story" you wrote about the Noodle Incident?
CALVIN: THAT WASN'T A STORY! THAT WAS UNVARNISHED TRUTH!!!!

Madmann135

you know I think this is the first time we saw Able with real malace in his eyes.  
WHAT IS DAN DOING TO OUR DEER SWEET ABLE! (couldn't resist the Mab reaction).

Who knows how Dan was able to peace together that Able and his mom knew each other.  It could have been their fighting styles or something else but he did none the less.

Destania VS Alexsi
Able VS Dan

INSITE into Dan's question and his unique timing.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

FurryFreak

Heh, always be wary of what people ask you. 

On a side note: I'm back, baby!

Tigerskunk

To me it looks like to guys bonding. And Dan feels that he can bring up some personal info about his mom.  I think he is seeing Abel as a close friend.   :hug

ok, my 2cents. go back and block that you read this.

*edit*

nikename2

True....Dan does have an affinity for pain, mabye he's actually subliminally mistakened getting thrashed as acts of brotherly affection?  :.

techmaster-glitch

Physical pain of others, not pain of himself. Cubi can't "eat" their own emotions, can they? If they could, then they would have absolutely no need to absorb the emotions of others. The whole Succubus/Incubus race is based of of "seducing" others in various ways so that they produce desireable emotions for energy.

nikename2

It wouldn't be just physical pain, it could be any kind of pain, and Abel is kind of a walking emo-pain factory. I think they probably do get some of there own emotion-energy back from themselves, but I'd bet a good part of it would be lost probably from just maintaining their lifeforce so they couldn't just run their whole lives off their own emotions, but surely they would feel the sensation of it if anything on a subconcious level.

We could ask Amber for clarity........but she might destroy us all.  :U

Zedd

Quote from: Xeksue on August 22, 2007, 10:48:48 PM
It wouldn't be just physical pain, it could be any kind of pain, and Abel is kind of a walking emo-pain factory. I think they probably do get some of there own emotion-energy back from themselves, but I'd bet a good part of it would be lost probably from just maintaining their lifeforce so they couldn't just run their whole lives off their own emotions, but surely they would feel the sensation of it if anything on a subconcious level.

We could ask Amber for clarity........but she might destroy us all.  :U
DESTROY US ALL!!

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on August 22, 2007, 10:28:56 PM
Physical pain of others, not pain of himself. Cubi can't "eat" their own emotions, can they? If they could, then they would have absolutely no need to absorb the emotions of others. The whole Succubus/Incubus race is based of of "seducing" others in various ways so that they produce desireable emotions for energy.

My understanding is that emotions are a catalyst, not the ultimate energy source.

From the Wiki:
'Cubi are believed to feed on background magical energy, but they require a more immediate source of energy - such as emotions - in order to actually harness it [2]. Because the emotions aren't the actual energy source themselves, it means that 'cubi can feed off each other - or even their own emotions - without requiring any further input.

Since the Wiki is not an authoritative source, here's Amber's post on the subject:
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php?topic=2262.msg93651#msg93651
...it's probably worth reading the entire thread.  (Caution: she was on medication when writing that so use discretion :P )

AndersW

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 23, 2007, 04:22:02 AM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on August 22, 2007, 10:28:56 PM

My understanding is that emotions are a catalyst, not the ultimate energy source.

From the Wiki:
'Cubi are believed to feed on background magical energy, but they require a more immediate source of energy - such as emotions - in order to actually harness it [2]. Because the emotions aren't the actual energy source themselves, it means that 'cubi can feed off each other - or even their own emotions - without requiring any further input.

Since the Wiki is not an authoritative source, here's Amber's post on the subject:
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=181
...it's probably worth reading the entire thread.  (Caution: she was on medication when writing that so use discretion :P )

I think you need this link http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php?topic=2262.msg93651#msg93651

what you have is a link to Ambers profile.

Tapewolf

Quote from: AndersW on August 23, 2007, 09:11:42 AM
I think you need this link... what you have is a link to Ambers profile.

Nothing like proofreading, is there? :P