04/20/07 [#777] Not a difficult concept

Started by AndersW, April 19, 2007, 11:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

So kria's wings aren't small like people suspected.

Kenji

Accidental dramatic unfurling. Gotta love it.

xHaZxMaTx

Titanium Dragon

Quote from: AndersW on April 19, 2007, 11:42:11 PM
So kria's wings aren't small like people suspected.

Anyone who read Abel's Story would know that; her wings were revealed in that a while ago, as well as the nature of her amulet.

I do enjoy the reason she keeps her wings hidden. She and Abel have really cool wings, I like them a lot. Too bad we probably won't see them too much >> They look good though.

stiletto

Is not learning something after 400 years a problem with short term or long term memory?

I wonder what makes that morphing amulet of her's work. On her tie it wouldn't always be touching her skin, so it must just need to be close. But then it doesn't work when it's near by in her... purse? Handbag! Ah well, it's just magical like that; that's the awesome thing about magic, it's magical.

superluser

How, exactly, is that bra attached?  I think there's a cartoon rule for that, but I can't remember what.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Sienna Maiu - M T

You all know that Amber just wanted to draw a picture of wings exploding out of clothing.
And to lighten the mood.
... even further.

I'm guessing something big may be about to happen. (ie-drama-rama)

Quote from: Titanium Dragon on April 19, 2007, 11:49:10 PMI do enjoy the reason she keeps her wings hidden. She and Abel have really cool wings, I like them a lot. Too bad we probably won't see them too much >>
Perhaps not. Unless Lorenda a)gets a patch from Jy, or b)comes to terms with herself in her own right, she might just wind-up with using the amulet herself, so Kria might not be using it herself anymore.
But not likely.

EDIT:
Quote from: superluser on April 19, 2007, 11:51:57 PM
How, exactly, is that bra attached?  I think there's a cartoon rule for that, but I can't remember what.
Well it seems to me that that's an open-backed shirt, meaning designed for wings. Which may mean that Kria moves about by air often. As for the bra? probably specially made. The jacket is just to protect against chills ^-^ but... then wouldn't one need it while in the drafts then?

Amber Williams

Rythak

Hmm funny that this comic should come out at a time when i'm feeling bad about how bad I am at drawing wings...
Its kinda like having god poke you in the face with a stick and go "Ha ha you suck!". It makes me sad,
but still i cant wait to see what happens next!
BTW i think the bra is still kinda tangled in the two other shirts she was wearing that are still hanging from her arms.
EDIT: (also by bra i just assume you mean the black overshirt she was wearin that looks very bra-like now)

superluser

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 19, 2007, 11:57:40 PM...what bra?

Oh, I see.  That's the front of her jacket.  Odd that the threads holding the button, the button itself, and the fabric in the front of the jacket and shirt all seem to be stronger than the fabric in the back.  If I were Kria, I'd never go to that tailor again.  :P

(Don't worry.  I do this to Looney Tunes, as well)

Quote from: Titanium Dragon on April 20, 2007, 12:01:00 AM:giggle

Yes, yes.  I'm not touching that one with a ten foot pole.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 19, 2007, 11:57:40 PM
Quote from: superluser on April 19, 2007, 11:51:57 PM
How, exactly, is that bra attached?

...what bra?
Well of course there's that too then, I just wasn't going to say it.

Rythak

I dont understand why women even wear bras... I'm pretty sure straight guys like ladies who dont wear bras. I personally wouldnt wear something that made me look less attractive, but its just my opinion of which might be similar to kria's.

Kenji

Quote from: Rythak on April 20, 2007, 12:13:54 AM
I dont understand why women even wear bras... I'm pretty sure straight guys like ladies who dont wear bras. I personally wouldnt wear something that made me look less attractive, but its just my opinion of which might be similar to kria's.

Cause when girls bounce, it can seriously hurt? Aesthetically speaking, it helps them stay upwards?

superluser

Quote from: Rythak on April 20, 2007, 12:13:54 AMI dont understand why women even wear bras... I'm pretty sure straight guys like ladies who dont wear bras. I personally wouldnt wear something that made me look less attractive, but its just my opinion of which might be similar to kria's.

Well, I feel that beauty is something that can't be judged by someone's physical characteristics.  Not everybody feels that way, though, and there are some bras that make women appear more in keeping with contemporary ideals of beauty.  Wonderbra, for example.  (If we're going be using artificial devices to make people look prettier, I think people ought to invest in alcohol, rather than bras)

Plus, I hear bras are great for posture and they reduce the strain on your back muscles, leading to decreased incidence of lower back pain.

Zorro

Depends on the breast size and purpose.  Sports Bras exist for a reason.

Those with D+ sizes have considerable problems like them getting in the way and backaches and droop later in life.

Smaller have fewer problems and a lesser need for support as the size goes down.

Rythak

Ohhhhhh... I never thought of it like that, that auctually makes alot of sence. :shifty

Aridas

bye bye jacket :<

other clothes... still there. Yup.

Rythak

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on April 20, 2007, 12:28:45 AM

Ever think about how when the hulk transforms everything rips off but his pants? Hmm...

Zorro

Quote from: Rythak on April 20, 2007, 12:30:12 AM
Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on April 20, 2007, 12:28:45 AM

Ever think about when the hulk transforms how everything rips off but his pants? Hmm...

Hulk get Horny?    :U

Rythak

Would it not be painful to rip through the seamless part of a shirt with your wings? I always thought of wings as being the most delicate part of a body seeing as how there meant to be very light and easily moved. Seems like it would hurt to me... as well as other things busting through articles of clothing during transformations... If ya catch my drift  ;)

Jeez, I edit/modify my posts too much.

Zedd

Clothes are a hazzard flamable source of irony for your characters Amber!! :U

Manawolf

Forget the jacket.  It'll be a pleasure to everyone.

When shapeshifting, either shapeshifting clothes, or no clothes at all.  That's simply how it works.

Wait, is she wearing a backless button shirt?  I'm having trouble seeing how that works.

Fuyudenki

from my ex-girlfriend

"Women like that keep sagging lower and lower, and won't notice until their boobs hit the floor!"

TAKE THAT, DEAD HORSE!

Also, if wings were delicate and fragile, human-powered flight would be significantly easier.  Wings have to be made to hold the entire weight of the creature they're holding and then some, or flight will be strictly impossible, and they've got to put up with the punishment of flappings, plus the muscles required to beat wings hard enough to maintain powered flight are of a level that would make Arnold Schwarzenegger(that's actually IN my spell-check!?) look like a pencil-necked geek.  Massive, massive power there, moreso for someone Kria's size(that is, larger than your average full-grown bald eagle), especially with wings that small.  The problem is that since wings are designed to support the force of air over a large area, they're highly susceptible to piercing or slashing damage, neither of which is present when tearing one's suit-coat to shreds via absent-minded amulet removal.

superluser

Quote from: Manawolf on April 20, 2007, 01:56:04 AMWhen shapeshifting, either shapeshifting clothes, or no clothes at all.  That's simply how it works.

Except that Kria's a demon, and I don't think that they can shapeshift.

Quote from: Manawolf on April 20, 2007, 01:56:04 AMWait, is she wearing a backless button shirt?  I'm having trouble seeing how that works.

She could be wearing a dickey.  Might explain why her cuffs and collars don't match. (I know that that's her fur, not a cuff.  It just gives me a chance to use that phrase literally.)

Quote from: Fuyudenki on April 20, 2007, 02:10:56 AMAlso, if wings were delicate and fragile, human-powered flight would be significantly easier.

There are multiple types of wings, and they appear to have evolved independently.  Shorter, insectlike wings are have very different characteristics than longer, birdlike wings, the non-feathered, batlike wings, and the pterosaur wings.  I remember that from one of the standardized tests that they would give to evaluate whether or not it was a ``Why Johnny Can't Read'' school.  I also see it mentioned in Wikipedia.

Amber Williams

I wouldn't worry too much about Kria hurting herself from fabric.  She can take a normal spiked mace to the face without flinching.

Nino

Quote from: Fuyudenki on April 20, 2007, 02:10:56 AM
Also, if wings were delicate and fragile, human-powered flight would be significantly easier.  Wings have to be made to hold the entire weight of the creature they're holding and then some, or flight will be strictly impossible, and they've got to put up with the punishment of flappings, plus the muscles required to beat wings hard enough to maintain powered flight are of a level that would make Arnold Schwarzenegger(that's actually IN my spell-check!?) look like a pencil-necked geek.  Massive, massive power there, moreso for someone Kria's size(that is, larger than your average full-grown bald eagle), especially with wings that small.  The problem is that since wings are designed to support the force of air over a large area, they're highly susceptible to piercing or slashing damage, neither of which is present when tearing one's suit-coat to shreds via absent-minded amulet removal.

Insert "now you know" star here?

Manawolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 20, 2007, 02:47:32 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about Kria hurting herself from fabric.  She can take a normal spiked mace to the face without flinching.

Demons due tend towards durability, normally from having scaled skin or a tougher hide.  Of course, it's all a matter of finding the right kind of thing to attack them with.

As for the shapeshifting, she just got her wings back after taking off the amulet.  I think that counts as a form of shapeshifting.

Reese Tora

Quote from: Manawolf on April 20, 2007, 01:56:04 AM
Forget the jacket.  It'll be a pleasure to everyone.

When shapeshifting, either shapeshifting clothes, or no clothes at all.  That's simply how it works.

Wait, is she wearing a backless button shirt?  I'm having trouble seeing how that works.

I note the collar extends all teh way around her neck, not just to the front.  If the collar is of strong materials, it could hold up the weight of the rest of the ensemble.

Also, you should look at some of the gravity defying strapless, low backed gowns that can be found on the market.  Clothing designers for those have to have degrees in structural engineering or something.  :.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation