04/20/07 [#777] Not a difficult concept

Started by AndersW, April 19, 2007, 11:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Rythak on April 20, 2007, 12:13:54 AM
I dont understand why women even wear bras... I'm pretty sure straight guys like ladies who dont wear bras. I personally wouldnt wear something that made me look less attractive, but its just my opinion of which might be similar to kria's.
Because it's more comfortable maybe? And personally I have a tendency to impulsively run.
Quote from: Kenji on April 20, 2007, 12:18:46 AM
I dont understand why women even wear bras... I'm pretty sure straight guys like ladies who dont wear bras. I personally wouldnt wear something that made me look less attractive, but its just my opinion of which might be similar to kria's.

Cause when girls bounce, it can seriously hurt? Aesthetically speaking, it helps them stay upwards?
Point FKK.
Quote from: Rythak on April 20, 2007, 12:28:05 AM
Ohhhhhh... I never thought of it like that, that auctually makes alot of sence. :shifty
good.

Quote from: Manawolf on April 20, 2007, 01:56:04 AM
Wait, is she wearing a backless button shirt?  I'm having trouble seeing how that works.
It could be a fakey. Solid throughout the front, but with buttons sewn on.
Quote from: Reese Tora on April 20, 2007, 03:10:12 AM
Quote from: Manawolf on April 20, 2007, 01:56:04 AM
Forget the jacket.  It'll be a pleasure to everyone.

When shapeshifting, either shapeshifting clothes, or no clothes at all.  That's simply how it works.

Wait, is she wearing a backless button shirt?  I'm having trouble seeing how that works.

I note the collar extends all teh way around her neck, not just to the front.  If the collar is of strong materials, it could hold up the weight of the rest of the ensemble.

Also, you should look at some of the gravity defying strapless, low backed gowns that can be found on the market.  Clothing designers for those have to have degrees in structural engineering or something.  :.
You beat me to it >.< XD

Fuyudenki

Quote from: superluser on April 20, 2007, 02:12:31 AM
Quote from: Fuyudenki on April 20, 2007, 02:10:56 AMAlso, if wings were delicate and fragile, human-powered flight would be significantly easier.

There are multiple types of wings, and they appear to have evolved independently.  Shorter, insectlike wings are have very different characteristics than longer, birdlike wings, the non-feathered, batlike wings, and the pterosaur wings.  I remember that from one of the standardized tests that they would give to evaluate whether or not it was a ``Why Johnny Can't Read'' school.  I also see it mentioned in Wikipedia.

Granted, though also note that insect wings have to hold a much, much smaller mass than bird wings.  Most insects aren't subject to falling damage(the exceptions being HUGE!).

Also, you should look at some of the gravity defying strapless, low backed gowns that can be found on the market.  Clothing designers for those have to have degrees in structural engineering or something.  :.

Oh yeah, they sell those to anime characters all the time.  I even got an "antigravity bra" for a character in my own comic.

Zedd

People in this world break their clothes alot faster than a normal schoolchild would...Like an angry woman..

Tapewolf

Superb.  I can see a market for clothes with poppers or something in the back so that an emergency shapeshift (which this is, technically) wouldn't be quite so damaging.  A little concealment magic to hide them and it would look just like a normal jacket.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gildedtongue

At least she didn't rip the jacket and uncover a really aweful hue of Purple shirt.

Kira smash!

Shadowcatcher

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 20, 2007, 02:47:32 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about Kria hurting herself from fabric.  She can take a normal spiked mace to the face without flinching.

That reminds me of the scene in Kung Pow (the asian movie spoof) where all those people are beating and kicking on the main bad guy and he just stands there like nothing happens.  (Course, the real funny part is when the protagonist tries to do the same thing with dreadful results)

Brunhidden

a lot of clothing would probably have to be made with intentional weak points where it would automatically rip in a clean line, allowing you to put it back together in a snap if you have to change at a moments notice but don't wanna buy a new wardrobe every time. think like those tearaway tuxedos, but planned so that the pieces it comes apart in allow the nessicary appendages. the downside is this means any horny guy stupid enough to can easily rip half of a dress off in one tug, and with a significant portion of the female population being like alexi and lorenda this would lead to many casualties amongst horny guys with low IQs

although this still reminds me of how my wife had a chainmaile bra, the ultimate in support and comfort and coolness, and broke it when she grew a few cup sizes. think about it- if STEEL cannot contain the bustitude of a woman how do you expect a flimsy contraption of elastic, pokey wire, and tissue paper to even stand a chance?

if i ever get the materials to get started i will become a lengere armorer because apperantly the need for metal undergarments is huge and profitable.

QuoteI have seen the promised land, and the promised land needs an E cup.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Gildedtongue

Anyone else notice that Kira forgot to collect her equipment?

Not that that is going to be a plot point...

Kaerou

Problem: Wings hard to draw.

Solution:Kria needs Rocket Boots!

by Silverfoxr! Thank you!

rt

Poor Kira .. why are the simplest things always teh hardest  :B

Rythak

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on April 20, 2007, 08:13:40 AM
a lot of clothing would probably have to be made with intentional weak points where it would automatically rip in a clean line, allowing you to put it back together in a snap if you have to change at a moments notice but don't wanna buy a new wardrobe every time. think like those tearaway tuxedos, but planned so that the pieces it comes apart in allow the nessicary appendages. the downside is this means any horny guy stupid enough to can easily rip half of a dress off in one tug, and with a significant portion of the female population being like alexi and lorenda this would lead to many casualties amongst horny guys with low IQs

although this still reminds me of how my wife had a chainmaile bra, the ultimate in support and comfort and coolness, and broke it when she grew a few cup sizes. think about it- if STEEL cannot contain the bustitude of a woman how do you expect a flimsy contraption of elastic, pokey wire, and tissue paper to even stand a chance?

if i ever get the materials to get started i will become a lengere armorer because apperantly the need for metal undergarments is huge and profitable.

QuoteI have seen the promised land, and the promised land needs an E cup.

Well look in the strip... theres no clean rip there. Just little pieces flyin off. One thing I did notice is that none of the pieces were the white color of her undersirt which seems to have not taken any damage... maybe it already had wing holes or a burst point.. even when you look on the ground of the last pannel none of those shreddies of clothing are white.

GabrielsThoughts

there is a problem between the linking of 776 and 777 but other than that I have no complaints. here's a question, was the shirt underneath the jacket a Dickie? I only ask because there is the possibility the jacket prevented her from being completely topless.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

ronrab

Just wanted to say, Amber, the wings look GORGEOUS, and I hope your whimpering hand doesn't prevent you from drawing them /too/ often.

Alondro

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on April 20, 2007, 08:12:39 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about Kria hurting herself from fabric.  She can take a normal spiked mace to the face without flinching.

That reminds me of the scene in Kung Pow (the asian movie spoof) where all those people are beating and kicking on the main bad guy and he just stands there like nothing happens.  (Course, the real funny part is when the protagonist tries to do the same thing with dreadful results)

*Charles quotes*  I shall now be known as... Betty!   :giggle  Very silly movie... made whilst they were under the inflence of certain substances, me thinks.   ;)

*Charline smirks at the bra comments*  We creatures are made of firmer stuff!  We don't jiggle and bounce like poor being females!  Watch!  *removes top and jumps up and down*  See?

*Charles and Alondro*  Boo-behs...  :dribble
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Rythak

Kenji

There's no part of that sentence I didn't like.

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on April 20, 2007, 08:13:40 AM...
with a significant portion of the female population being like alexi and lorenda this would lead to many casualties amongst horny guys with low IQs

Hence, there wouldn't be any horny guys with low IQs.  They'd all be dead!

Quote from: Gildedtongue on April 20, 2007, 09:13:21 AM
Anyone else notice that Kira forgot to collect her equipment?

Not that that is going to be a plot point...

Obviously, it's like Lexsi's mallet, and can be summoned or un-summoned at will.

Alondro

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

superluser

Quote from: Gildedtongue on April 20, 2007, 09:13:21 AMAnyone else notice that Kira forgot to collect her equipment?

As someone else pointed out, it's conveniently being stored in Hammerspace.

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on April 20, 2007, 11:11:06 AMwas the shirt underneath the jacket a Dickie?

All right!  All right!  So I misspelled it!

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Zedd

rt

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on April 20, 2007, 11:11:06 AM
here's a question, was the shirt underneath the jacket a Dickie? I only ask because there is the possibility the jacket prevented her from being completely topless.

I just noticed the detail, but if you look really closly you can see the white shirt wrapping around her back towards her tail. So dicky or backless shirt, like a backless dress someone said does seems to be the answer.

:) kotoos to amber for the details, now kira's shirt can't go flying away
:< Though I guess some people wodn't be upset if that happend.  :giggle

SpottedKitty

Clothing designers for those have to have degrees in structural engineering or something.  :.
It's already been done: look at this classic study from about 50 years ago on "A Stress Analysis of a Strapless Evening Gown" ;)
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Zina

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on April 20, 2007, 03:14:34 AM
Because it's more comfortable maybe? And personally I have a tendency to impulsively run.

Not only that, but most bras are designed to make your breasts more attractive because they give them shape.
Unless you have smaller boobs, breasts without support will just hang down. It's seriously just two lumps of fat hanging off of your chest. Without bras, not only will it end in back problems and pain when you run, but it'll ....just look like two lumps of fat hanging off your chest. Bra's will lift them up, and give them shape so that they actually look like the breast that men find attractive.
I would also care to point out that women don't always wear things because men find it attractive. A lot of the time, yeah. But somethings, just sometimes, we'll wear things because it's comfortable. I mean, I could just as easily say "I don't understand why women wear clothes. I mean, most straight men like women that're naked. Why would you wear something that makes you look less attractive?"
:B

Aleolus

Wow.  How about a +2 spiked mace of banishing?

Amber Williams

I'm not exactly sure what the banishing would really do other than sound really cool. Unless its attempting to banish teeth from someones mouth.  And since this isn't a game-system, the +2 serves no real purpose other to imply it has a modifier.  There are enchanted weapons out there, some which probably could do some damage, but they tend to have practical enchantments on them.

That said, I should likely make mention that in Demonology 101 the Demon lifespan says that it's around 1,500 years.  That tends to reflect Demons who don't fling themselves into battles yet are dying of old age.  Most demons who are combat oriented tend to live a lot shorter lives for obvious reasons...however the flipside is they are a lot stronger and tougher than their older counterparts.  As such, a demon who sees countless battles becomes harder to kill in the sense of "what doesnt kill them makes them stronger", where as longer-lived demons tend to be more magic oriented...however can be dropped pretty easily if you manage to actually hit them.

Manawolf

Quote from: Aleolus on April 20, 2007, 07:31:08 PM

Wow.  How about a +2 spiked mace of banishing?

That's pretty pricey, and you didn't even include the cold iron and holy elements.  Banishing also only works if the demon is from a different dimension.  Seems every race in Furrae is from Furrae.

Fuyudenki

Quote from: SpottedKitty on April 20, 2007, 05:25:45 PM
..."A Stress Analysis of a Strapless Evening Gown" ;)

Yerg.  I'm going to go non-stereotypical male, and just throw out that strapless dresses should not be worn.

A friend of mine wore a strapless dress at her 18th birthday party.  The upper hemline rested at right about the bottom of where her breasts usually sit.  I emphasize usually, because her breasts themselves were under the upper hemline of the strapless dress, sagging down to her belly button.  I'd like to also mention that she's actually quite shapely.  Round where one should be round, thin where one should be thin, and soft, though firm, everywhere, and a very ample bust... except that the strapless dress dragged her down and flattened her out.  Worst case of synthetic sag I think I've ever seen.

Verdict: bras make the women who wear them look about 1000x better by preserving shape and structure, and by keeping the breasts on the woman's upper chest, where they belong.

Reese Tora

Quote from: SpottedKitty on April 20, 2007, 05:25:45 PM
Clothing designers for those have to have degrees in structural engineering or something.  :.
It's already been done: look at this classic study from about 50 years ago on "A Stress Analysis of a Strapless Evening Gown" ;)

I somewhat had that particular page in mind when I typed the above, though not the gumption to find and link to it. :animesweat
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

kaskar

When She stretches out, She can become stressed out in body, clothing, and mind ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

superluser

Quote from: Zina on April 20, 2007, 06:37:47 PMI mean, I could just as easily say "I don't understand why women wear clothes. I mean, most straight men like women that're naked. Why would you wear something that makes you look less attractive?"

Won't touch this one, either, but I will point out that the penultimate statement is not always true, and leave the explanation to your imagination, much like how...aw, you figure it out.

Quote from: Manawolf on April 20, 2007, 10:33:38 PMBanishing also only works if the demon is from a different dimension.  Seems every race in Furrae is from Furrae.

I think Mana just took someone to task for bringing otherworld elements into the DMFA universe.  That is a burn.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?