Started by ibneko, April 18, 2007, 01:10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ibneko

Hehehe.   "You're the worst mom ever!"  "Meep."

(mmrrr.  Did I do this right?)

linky

Zedd

Sunny

Such a familiar amulet causes the side-effects. Makes me wonder in conjunction to Abel's Story if Abel or his offspring might be affected by said Side Affects. :o

Zorro

Lorenda, Destroyer of Cities and a Queen by her own Hoof!   :knifed   >:D

Kenji

Quote from: Zorro on April 18, 2007, 01:20:49 AM

And not too shabby a dresser.  :giggle

Reese Tora

Well, that answers a question in the other thread about how common transformation amulets are...
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Vraptor140

That answers some questions about her mood. But her expression in the third panel just gives me that feeling of something going wrong.

thegayhare

So Kria's mom was only half right when she told her "Those things will stunt your growth"

While they do stunt growth it's in your kids

Actualy this effect makes sense to me

Kria's been wearing that amulet for how many years?  The amulet's effect is to render the bearer being like.  In Kria's case thats hiding of the wings.  So decades of constent exposure to magical energy designed to allow her to pass as a being resulted in the magical build up altering her offspring so they can more easily pass as beings.  The demonic wing trait couldn't be eliminated at this stage but it's been minimised.  Depending on the strength of the magical amulet I'd even sujest that Lorenda's ofspring might have even smaller wing spans

Manawolf

Quote from: Sunny on April 18, 2007, 01:17:11 AM
Such a familiar amulet causes the side-effects. Makes me wonder in conjunction to Abel's Story if Abel or his offspring might be affected by said Side Affects. :o

Long term probably means after using it for a couple years, not just one afternoon.  In a way it actually worked in Lorenda's favor, and it probably one of the main reasons Lorenda now defies Kria, since she recieves less influence and power from her demonic side.

superluser

Quote from: ibneko on April 18, 2007, 01:10:45 AM(mmrrr.  Did I do this right?)

Your date follows ISO 8601, so I'd say yes.

Anyways, I think that Lorenda's wings and the amulet will turn out to be unrelated.  It will turn out that the studies that linked amulet use to side effects will have been flawed and based on test subjects wearing the equivalent of 500 amulets at once.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Aridas

Kria bought the wrong brand :<

But at least she's looking on the bright side (panel 3, for those of you without a clue)

Manawolf

Once again, her choices have most likely caused the opposite to happen.

Fex

hehe I like kria's expressions the first one rocks =3

kaskar

Quote from: Kenji on April 18, 2007, 01:21:57 AM
Quote from: Zorro on April 18, 2007, 01:20:49 AM

And not too shabby a dresser.  :giggle
Just don't come come down with hoof in mouth or mad cow disease
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Sunny on April 18, 2007, 01:17:11 AM
It probably shouldn't be an issue in this case since the terminology is 'long term', which in Kria's case would have been the past 400(+/-) years. Abel did not have near so long an exposure.

Manawolf

As I said, an afternoon, or a few hours, usually doesn't constitute "long term."

LoneHowler

Black_angel called it in the other thread "Aww...Freak out"

Quote from: Black_angel on April 16, 2007, 09:47:41 AM
Hmmmm..... I wonder if she's freaking that her morphing amulet might have something to do with the size of Lorenda's wings? As far as we've seen, she's only removed it once...
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

kaskar

You can see Kria's mindset here from two sides, Since Kria likes to go out and rampage, she has little time with her daughter. Now, if Lorenda is a bit unhappy now, they can go and let off steam rampaging, which was how Kria would have wanted it ...

Zedd

Side effects for a tiny winged halfbreed? Not really..But if she becomes the new overlordess...Just watch your step everyones...She'll kill us all

kaskar

Quote from: Zedd on April 18, 2007, 05:30:38 AM
Side effects for a tiny winged halfbreed? Not really..But if she becomes the new overlordess...Just watch your step everyones...She'll kill us all
And I bet if she becomes the new overlordess, she will get a patch to make her wings full sized, and custom made ...   fitted ....

Tapewolf

I do like the last pane, but I'm kind of curious as to how a lesser demon like Kria would go about destroying cities which I think are often protected by other, more powerful Creatures...

In any case it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

kaskar

In this , I felt it it could have been cities of beings. Is Lost Lake , or even the Twinks city safe ? Will we see an assanation in the mall ?

devilsislegrl

Kria's stages of acceptance:

Panel One: uh-oh
Panel Two: oh frig!
Panel Three: hmmmm...
:giggle

kaskar

Everyone seems to forget that Lorenda was gestated all the time while the Amulet was with Kria, along with being breast fed, and all through her childhood and early adolecence, near it . If that isn't a contamination risk, what is ?

AndersW

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 18, 2007, 06:52:41 AM
I do like the last pane, but I'm kind of curious as to how a lesser demon like Kria would go about destroying cities which I think are often protected by other, more powerful Creatures...

Two words: Farming Equipment

kaskar

Quote from: AndersW on April 18, 2007, 07:57:01 AM

Two words: Farming Equipment        And also from Jyrras Inc .

Tapewolf

Quote from: devilsislegrl on April 18, 2007, 07:24:42 AM
Kria's stages of acceptance:

Panel One: uh-oh
Panel Two: oh frig!
Panel Three: hmmmm...
:giggle

See also #504

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

In any case it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

hell hath no fury like a cow scorned.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

kaskar

So you can see here, that a lesser demon, or even a determined but educated being, could bring cities to destruction. No wonder the Creature Council is a bit worried . But what happens if Kria's and Lorenda's loyalties go instead to Jyrras ?  The balance of power is like a pendulum, swinging back and forth ...

GabrielsThoughts

Lorenda has already destroyed seven cities for some unknown reason, and I'm curios why?

Also, how can Kria be certain that it is a side effect of her amulets magic. Perhaps Lorenda's father was also a demon and the fault lies with him, we all know she didn't let him live long enough to tell her any of his family history.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.