4/14/07 Abel's Story: Oh-you-did-not-just-go-there

Started by techmaster-glitch, April 14, 2007, 02:08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

Cogidubnus

Jigsaw Forte

Is it wrong that I'm laughing on the floor at this?

Fifty bolts says he tries to use Abel to ferret out the truth from May; after all, Abel can still hear what she's thinking, right?

devilsislegrl

my spidey senses are tingling...with an impending smackdown  :giggle  :smack
:tohell

Tsunari

Hmmm, well I guess that means Cid isn't Abel's father.  It also looks like May not know about it so the whole a cubi masqueraded is a more likely reason.

superluser

I told you so!

I told you that Cid wasn't going to go nuts.  Did you believe me? (Probably!)

Also, I'm not sensing any upcoming smackdown, unless May is a succubus and she goes after Cid.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

techmaster-glitch

I knew it, iknewitiknewitiknewitiknewit i just knew it. Did I call it or what? An Incubus tricked May. That has to be the only answer now(unless someone can offer another viable, with-sense scenario, I'm still open to any good suggestions) But I just knew it. I said it all along, it was the only theory that made sense, given all the character reactions throughout the comic.

Oh, &$%@, did I just go on an arrogant gloat-rant?...... :sweatdrop...... :banghead dammit, I just can't help myself. I will take any typed punishment directed at me, I will probably deserve all of it. :[

Zedd

xHaZxMaTx

Iunno, I think the whole thing's gone fairly well, so far.

Nino

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on April 14, 2007, 02:20:25 AM
I knew it, iknewitiknewitiknewitiknewit i just knew it. Did I call it or what? An Incubus tricked May. That has to be the only answer now(unless someone can offer another viable, with-sense scenario, I'm still open to any good suggestions) But I just knew it. I said it all along, it was the only theory that made sense, given all the character reactions throughout the comic.

Nope, you're not in the clear yet. Theory that May was not tricked but had willingly cheated on Cid is still viable at this point, or May could have been blackmailed into having a child with Abel's biological dad (assuming Cid is not), or May could still be a Cubi and be lying about it.

You can't always trust character reactions to be genuine. The verdict has not yet been reached yet.

In other words, give us the "I told you so" speech when we know for sure.

LoneHowler

darn my theory just got blown out of the water. or is Cid admitting that he's cubi?
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

superluser

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on April 14, 2007, 02:20:25 AMI knew it, iknewitiknewitiknewitiknewit i just knew it. Did I call it or what? An Incubus tricked May. That has to be the only answer now(unless someone can offer another viable, with-sense scenario, I'm still open to any good suggestions) But I just knew it. I said it all along, it was the only theory that made sense, given all the character reactions throughout the comic.

Hold on there, cowboy.

Cid has claimed that there are two ways to make an incubus.  From what Amber has said, there may be others.  Given Cid's reaction, it makes little sense for Cid to be an incubus.

If Cid were truly an incubus, then he would probably know that `cubi can be made through other means, and he would feign ignorance about `cubi inheritance so that he wouldn't be accusing May of infidelity.  Doing so would lead May to think that Cid was an incubus, and he would want to avoid placing suspicion on himself at all costs.

If May were the succubus, however, then her actions would seem plausible.  She continues to feign ignorance of `cubi, and protests loudly that she's been faithful, knowing full well that the worst that can come of that is that she's viewed as a slut or that she was tricked.

I still think that it's most likely that May was tricked, though I'm a bit sad that it won't turn out that Kria's instructor was Cid in disguise.

Also, I should reiterate that it seems unlikely that May would know that Abel was going to be an incubus, and not to prepare Cid for the revelation.

Reese Tora

I read the comic, and the only thing going through my mind as I finished reading it:

Let's get ready to... RRRRUMBLLLLLLLE!!!
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Manawolf

Well, it had to come this point eventually.  It was inevitable.  The only thing I wish wasn't inevitable is the wild speculation that will come from the fans.  As I have made clear, theories of...sub-substandard quality have spawned from this place.

icarus

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Reese Tora

Quote from: icarus on April 14, 2007, 02:50:55 AM
i know something you don't know~
<3

The GNP of Nigeria? :B

I am thinking that any slugfest that may come out of this will either be delayed a panel or two by exposition(ie: Cid explaining that  :shapeshifters), ot will occur briefly, in one panel,a nd be broken up by either Abel, Cid's friend, or 'events'.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Zedd

Nino

Quote from: Manawolf on April 14, 2007, 02:40:55 AM
Well, it had to come this point eventually.  It was inevitable.  The only thing I wish wasn't inevitable is the wild speculation that will come from the fans.  As I have made clear, theories of...sub-substandard quality have spawned from this place.

Yeah, how dare people have fun and go off on a limb all the time here. Amber NEVER does the unexpected in her comics; they always go by parsimony (Occom's razor as you people call it) and we all could see this was the obvious and only way things could have panned out.

Geez people, you really need to stop trying to think out of the box from now on and just accept the first and easiest answer that comes to mind. Sheesh.

thegayhare

RobbieThe1st

Ok, I am completely sure now that a Incubus tricked May. It could be that the Incubus was one who Cid defeated but wasn't able/didn't kill, and in revenge, decided to trick May.

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Madd the Sane

I think that the best that could happen is May explaining her side of the story,  Cid realizes it wasn't her fault, an forgives her.  The worst thing that could happen is May and Cid splitting up after a fight, the worst happening is him punching (scratching?) her face and storming off. :cry
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Manawolf

Quote from: Kattuccino on April 14, 2007, 03:08:07 AM
Quote from: Manawolf on April 14, 2007, 02:40:55 AM
Well, it had to come this point eventually.  It was inevitable.  The only thing I wish wasn't inevitable is the wild speculation that will come from the fans.  As I have made clear, theories of...sub-substandard quality have spawned from this place.

Yeah, how dare people have fun and go off on a limb all the time here. Amber NEVER does the unexpected in her comics; they always go by parsimony (Occom's razor as you people call it) and we all could see this was the obvious and only way things could have panned out.

Geez people, you really need to stop trying to think out of the box from now on and just accept the first and easiest answer that comes to mind. Sheesh.

"Abel is Dan's father" and "She has slightly longer hair.  She can't be Hennya" say enough on the kind of lows this forum has sunk to.  Speculate, but please, think before you your hair continues to strangle more of your brain cells.

Goatmon

Quote from: thegayhare on April 14, 2007, 03:11:55 AM
Quote from: Kattuccino on April 14, 2007, 03:08:07 AM
(first rate sarcasm)

*hugs*

Ohh that was wonderfuly put

I bow before your greatness

I'm with Homo Hare.  We need more awesome posts like these around. 

superluser

Quote from: LoneHowler on April 14, 2007, 02:38:25 AMor is Cid admitting that he's cubi?

Note the quotes around ``father.''  He is trying to question the identity of Abel's father, previously assumed to be him.  Unless Amber is messing with us, Cid isn't claiming to be the father.

And not just ordinary unreliable narrator stuff.  If she's messing with us that much, I could see her saying that Devin not only didn't die, but that Devin was a figment of Abel's imagination.

Quote from: Manawolf on April 14, 2007, 03:22:50 AM"Abel is Dan's father" and "She has slightly longer hair. She can't be Hennya" say enough on the kind of lows this forum has sunk to.  Speculate, but please, think before you your hair continues to strangle more of your brain cells.

Well, ``Abel is Dan's father'' was a honeypot, and we had no reason to believe that the naga in 30 was the same as the one in 69, especially when there *were* differences in how they were drawn.

Now, what about speculation involving certain tabletop RPGs?

Illusionist

Oh no he di-in't!

What? You were all thinking it.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Is this the point where we fade to black, and come back in sometime later?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

kaskar

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 14, 2007, 04:03:11 AM
... Is this the point where we fade to black, and come back in sometime later?
And we fade in to a Cubi called Cid, playing mind dreams with May. And then the relationship expanded  .....
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Azraelle

If Cid was bluffing about being the 'cubi parent, I still don't see him trying to make May look unfaithful, even if it was the only other option.  Right now it looks as though the "May was tricked by a shapeshifting cubi" theory is the most plausible, but it's still not solid fact yet, and won't be until someone comes along and says "yes, May, you were tricked by a 'cubi who took the form of your husband in order to father a child with you."

And so what if we're tossing around wild ideas about what's really going on here?  Guessing what will happen next is part of being a rabid fan.  The only kind of theory I don't care to read is one that is completely unfounded in any form of logic whatsoever.  Stretching it is one thing, but packing up for vacation and leaving the logic behind to fend for itself for three weeks is another.

In other words, let's all lighten up.  Sheesh.

Magic

"Whodunit?" *cough*notme*cough* (EDIT: No. Not sarcasm. I mean, come on.)

Also, "I don't recall that wonderful evening, so I know you have to been tricked by an incubus."

* The fox smirks so.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)