4-13-07 [#774] Worst dates evar!

Started by Faerie Alex, April 12, 2007, 10:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faerie Alex

Linky

I wonder what Lorenda has in mind...Methinks it involves Jyrras somehow.

Side note, but I like the expressions in panels 3 & 4.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

superluser

This will not end well.

This will end up with Jyrras ditching Bernadette for Abel.  Which means that Bernadette will have to deal with being dumped by someone who seems to have few standards.  Major burn.

Also--Let's have some love for the Kit-Kat song!

QuoteGimme a break!  Gimme a break!
Break me off a piece of that Kit-Kat Bar.
Gimme a break!  Gimme a break!
Break me off a piece of that Kit-Kat Bar.
That crunchy [whatever] make my day
So [mumble] and hear the people say
Gimme a break!  Gimme a break!
Break me off a piece of that Break me off a piece of that Break me off a piece of that Kit-Kat Bar.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Aridas

Nino

You guys totally called it by saying that now that we know Bernadette's name she's not just a one-time character.

Also, I seriously for a second there thought Lorenda was being lez and thinking of taking her out because they both had bad days. Brain fart on my part forgetting about Jyrras... though they'd be an interesting couple =P

Azraelle

So Lorenda's gonna play match-maker for the patch-maker?

Sorry, I just had to.

Zedd

For other songs..Thanks Azzy...*gets into a Fiddler on the roof mood on*

QuoteMatchmaker, Matchmaker,
Make me a match,
Find me a find,
catch me a catch
Matchmaker, Matchmaker
Look through your book,
And make me a perfect match

Stygian

Quote from: Kattuccino on April 12, 2007, 11:14:17 PM
You guys totally called it by saying that now that we know Bernadette's name she's not just a one-time character.

Also, I seriously for a second there thought Lorenda was being lez and thinking of taking her out because they both had bad days. Brain fart on my part forgetting about Jyrras... though they'd be an interesting couple =P

Not a brain fart. More wishful thinking, if you ask me. Because you know you're a perv, deep inside, kitty... >:]

I can't say that I'm that surprised that Bernadette is set up to become a regular, what with people here getting all brainwashed by the boobies and her being more of a stand-out character. However, neither can I say that I think Jyrras and Bern' would be anything but a laughable idea. Cute, but laughable. >:D

Zorro

Orrrrr...Bernadette could be a test date for Lorenda.

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Rithm Alfortele

For those of you who are saying that Lorenda is thinking of playing matchmaker with Jyrras and Bernadette....

While it is a very valid theory, bear in mind that the gender of the person who dumped Bernadette hasn't been mentioned yet.  The date could be male or female :P if the date is male, then I am wrong and will graciously admit so.  I wouldn't be surprised if I was wrong, anyways.  However, if the date is female, therefore making Bernadette a lesbian (or at least bisexual, in which case my theory is debunk.  I am assuming lesbian for the purpose of this scenario) then here's how I imagine the scenario to play out.

Lorenda introduces Bernadette to Jyrras, and then in typical match-maker fashion, slinks off somewhere
Scenario path 1: Bernadette and Jyrras are actually former colleagues and recognize each other right away, saying "Wow, it's been awhile" and stuff like that.  This is not the scenario I think is most likely.  But I could definately be wrong.
Scenario path 2: Bernadette and Jyrras get to know each other a bit or see through Lorenda's ploy.  Friendly conversation occurs.

After either path, Bernadette walks up to Lorenda and says "Thank you for introducing/reuniting me to/with Jyrras.  However, he's not my type."  Lorenda, out of curiousity, asks what is her type, to which Bernadette replies "You are."  Much awkwardness develops, and Lorenda finds herself terrified of Bernadette and not returning her feelings.

However, I will admit this is alot of inferring just from the fact that the gender of Bernadette's date was never mentioned.  Again, I am probably wrong, but I like to explore possible threads, anyways.

Ted Schiller

Bernadette paid for the date?  That's the first clue how things were going.

Then we will find out Jyrras doesn't have a thing for large girls per se.  :)  (Jyrras and Photophie, per chance?)

With regards,
Ted

Sienna Maiu - M T

Interesting...
I wonder why we never speculated this before... of course, that could be the reason why Miss Amber chose this path

Atleast that was my first thought. Upon re-reading the strip though I realized that gender was indeed never specified, ere-go perhaps one Lorenda is planning to do a set-up.
And if that's the case then perhaps when she tries to set-up a date, it's still misconstrued.

Still though, I stand by my previous judgement. Interesting...

superluser

Quote from: Zachski on April 12, 2007, 11:56:30 PMAfter either path, Bernadette walks up to Lorenda and says "Thank you for introducing/reuniting me to/with Jyrras.  However, he's not my type."  Lorenda, out of curiousity, asks what is her type, to which Bernadette replies "You are."  Much awkwardness develops, and Lorenda finds herself terrified of Bernadette and not returning her feelings.

You win.  I should have noticed it.  Pronouns are being scrupulously avoided in Bernadette's sentences.  Not to the point of awkward sentence structure, but enough that I think you may be right.

Not about Bernadette being Jyrras' former cow-orker, though.

devilsislegrl

I was going the hungry route... whenever I feel bad, I always go eat...something... :U

Rithm Alfortele

Quote from: superluser on April 13, 2007, 12:16:01 AM
Quote from: Zachski on April 12, 2007, 11:56:30 PMAfter either path, Bernadette walks up to Lorenda and says "Thank you for introducing/reuniting me to/with Jyrras.  However, he's not my type."  Lorenda, out of curiousity, asks what is her type, to which Bernadette replies "You are."  Much awkwardness develops, and Lorenda finds herself terrified of Bernadette and not returning her feelings.

You win.  I should have noticed it.  Pronouns are being scrupulously avoided in Bernadette's sentences.  Not to the point of awkward sentence structure, but enough that I think you may be right.

Not about Bernadette being Jyrras' former cow-orker, though.

As I said, I was exploring one possible path.  My line of thought is that fashion and patches can go hand-in-hand.  There's no in-comic evidence to demonstrate this, but that's why I make theories :P

EDIT: (I suppose a better scientific term would be hypothesis.  Just a random edit :P)

Regal

So, "discuss her problems with Jyrras" has become "set Jyrras up on a blind date with a woman she just met in a corset shop". No wonder men can't figure out women. We have no chance.  :mowdizzy

Rithm Alfortele

Quote from: Regal on April 13, 2007, 12:21:34 AM
So, "discuss her problems with Jyrras" has become "set Jyrras up on a blind date with a woman she just met in a corset shop". No wonder men can't figure out women. We have no chance.  :mowdizzy

I think that women can't understand us sometimes.

...Heck, I don't think we even understand ourselves  :mowdizzy

Anyways, I'm not actually sure that Lorenda's thinking of setting Bernadette on a blind date with Jyrras.  However, it is the only route of action I can think of.

Besides being hungry.  Lorenda only seems to eat people that threaten her, or actively annoy her.  Unless you mean taking Bernadette on a dinner not-date in an attempt to postpone the discussion with Jyrras so she can think up a better solution?

A whole new thread of possibilites has opened in my mind.

Rithm Alfortele

*snip*

Only I could quote myself instead of hitting edit...

Saist

I just wonder how Kria is going to take Jyrras dating the Rhino...

Rithm Alfortele

Quote from: je.saist on April 13, 2007, 12:32:34 AM

That's right... Kria has somewhat of the hots for Jyrras.

That just opened up another thread in my mind.

What if... Bernadette's discussion only gave Lorenda an idea?

...matchmake her mom with her friend.

"If I marry your mom, does that mean you'll have to call me 'daddy?'"

superluser

Quote from: Regal on April 13, 2007, 12:21:34 AMSo, "discuss her problems with Jyrras" has become "set Jyrras up on a blind date with a woman she just met in a corset shop". No wonder men can't figure out women. We have no chance.  :mowdizzy

Dear women.  I think I speak for all straight men when I say that if you want to hook me up with somebody you just met in a corset shop, that's A-OK with me.

(Offer not valid if I'm currently seeing someone else.)

Brunhidden

and here i had the impression lorenda would show up at jyjy's house with ber and say the two of them are going out on a date, dont wait up, buh bye, and let him sweat and ponder why his cow friend just left with a rhino to a karaoke bar.

i dunno, maybe im channeling sitcom scripts, but i just got the impression she would think it fun to make him jealous while having a girls night out.

QuoteIt tastes like burning.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Tiny crested flint

Quote from: je.saist on April 13, 2007, 12:32:34 AM

She would most likely still want Jyrras all to herself, but how she'll feel about the Rhino blind-date thing, more specifically the fact that her daughter is making a crafty plot, I bet Kria will be utterly pleased.  She always wanted an evil daughter and underhanded schemes are just one step closer.

thegayhare

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on April 13, 2007, 12:14:08 AM
Interesting...
I wonder why we never speculated this before... of course, that could be the reason why Miss Amber chose this path

Actualy this was a path I sugessted a while back

I thought it would be cute if Lorenda ended up dating one of Jyrras's sisters

Manawolf

Just don't take her to the bar and you should be fine.

e_voyager

i wonder we all know what Jrray is avoiding Lorenda due to his fear of conflict. well not melee conflict. he's afraid she'll blame this whole you can stay with me as part of a plan to woo her into bed and that she's angry with him. if she set's him up on a date he my get the idea but i'm sure that he would turn it down at first if for no other reason the to please Lorenda  and show her that he wasn't plotting to have her and his own form the get go.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tapewolf

I must admit that was my immediate reaction as well.  Of course something like that was one of the memorable scenes from 'Soap!'...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Reese Tora

It's not just a good idea, it's the law!
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: thegayhare on April 13, 2007, 12:59:00 AM
Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on April 13, 2007, 12:14:08 AM
Interesting...

Actualy this was a path I sugessted a while back

I thought it would be cute if Lorenda ended up dating one of Jyrras's sisters
Listen buster, just because you actually frequent these here forums and I'm too lazy to doesn't give you the right to be snippy! >(
(j/k)

Nekomancer

I am going with the idea of Lorenda going out with Jyrras on a 'date' and try to make it an awkward one only to have it backfired and they both had a great time and putting them in a more awkward situation.