2007/02/21 Sonnet 18

Started by superluser, February 20, 2007, 10:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superluser

Now, is it right to kill sentient spiders?

Edit: Looks like Abel really likes that book.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Zedd

If only you want to be a crime to kiss one...

Roureem Egas

Abel has taste in reading material. So does that spider.

...I've got nothing. :/

llearch n'n'daCorna

Shakespider?

"Shall I compare thee to a summers day? Because, well, y'know, June 14th was rather nice, and, y'see..."
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

King Of Hearts

ha! Wildy fanservice right 'ere.

I really wish I could finish with my fanart now...

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 20, 2007, 10:20:41 PM"Shall I compare thee to a summers day? Because, well, y'know, June 14th was rather nice, and, y'see..."

Abel's hair kinda looks like a flock of goats, moving down the slopes of Gilead.

thegayhare

Quote from: superluser on February 20, 2007, 10:14:50 PM
Edit: Looks like Abel really likes that book.

I bet you he's re reading page 472 and imagining he's in janus's place

Ohh and Shakespider... I like that

llearch n'n'daCorna

KoH, your comment under your avatar brings into mind a joke...

There's this bar, see, full of people, and this guy comes running in, looking distraught, and asks if anyone here owns the pit bull, tied to a post outside.

The big dude down the back, 6'6" if he's an inch, and 300lb, all muscle, stands up and comes forward. "Yeah, what's up?"

The first guy says, apologetically, "Well, I'm terribly sorry, but I think my chihuahua just killed it."

The big guy is stunned, and says "But.. but.. I raised that dog to be a vicious killer from a puppy."

The first guy says "Well, yes, that's all very well, but my dog is stuck in it's throat."

superluser

Quote from: thegayhare on February 20, 2007, 10:29:35 PMI bet you he's re reading page 472 and imagining he's in janus's place

Betcha he's not.  If that's what he's reading, betcha he's in Jyrras' place...or imagining Janus in Jyrras' place.  I have more than a little suspicion that Jyrras/Abel is not a comfortable image for Abel.

Teroniss

*ponders*

llearch, how does the Elemental Lord of Wind comment remind you of that joke?!

It doesnt seem related in the least......

Also Amber, on your upset tummy bit, I sympathize with you. I just got out of the hospital for a really bad stomach bug myself.

^ Whoops, nevermind, I thought you were replying to his signature. Hoo boy, im off my ball today *Goes back to laying down and taking more pain meds.*

King Of Hearts

I think he meant the throwing up hairballs part.

Narethlian

Now it looks like Jyrras has some competition.

-Nar

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, and in case nobody noticed - that's one -big- spider.

... what on earth has it been eating down there, since there was another one just as large that Fa'Lina splashed, and there's been multiple others down there... ??

If roaches, how big are -they- ?? I get this feeling Dan might respond just like Abel did - hit it till it stops moving...

thegayhare

I'm fighting off a bit of a bug myself, as well as a splitting headache (funbles for more ibuprofen)

The headache realy suchs cause it makes it hard to read my new books (un lun dun, and Iron council)

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 20, 2007, 10:43:29 PM

... what on earth has it been eating down there

Unlucky realitives of the basement rats who wander into the wrong room?  Left over pizza delivery boys?  The basement rats poptarts(all those preservitives might mutate the little bugger)

Regal

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 20, 2007, 10:43:29 PM

Everything is big down there. Remember the basement rats.

Abel has a girlfriend... uh boyfriend...uh admirer.  :love1

Stygian

With enough roaches, anything can grow... I suppose you haven't seen Australian ones?

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 20, 2007, 10:43:29 PMOh, and in case nobody noticed - that's one -big- spider.

... what on earth has it been eating down there, since there was another one just as large that Fa'Lina splashed, and there's been multiple others down there... ??

Well, if that habitat is right for that species of spiders, you'd expect a sustainable population.

Quote from: thegayhare on February 20, 2007, 10:45:43 PMI'm fighting off a bit of a bug myself, as well as a splitting headache (funbles for more ibuprofen)

Unless your headache is related to inflammation, you'd be better off taking acetaminophen.

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: King Of Hearts on February 20, 2007, 10:23:41 PM
ha! Wildy fanservice right 'ere.

I really wish I could finish with my fanart now...

Woot Wildy  But hey, Is she still Kidnapped by her brother no less

Abel is just getting a fan club...Whether he wants one or not..

Amber Have some herb Tea and rest up dear.
:mowcookie
PBH

thegayhare

Quote from: Stygian on February 20, 2007, 10:57:02 PM
With enough roaches, anything can grow... I suppose you haven't seen Australian ones?

nope I haven't seen those one but I have seen the flying armies of japanese roaches...

there is sometihng eirrie about them  If you bug bomb a house they will actualy march en mass across the stree to the next house

Yugo

-hugs Amber-lady-

Abel here, showing his sophisticated side whilst being pestered by sentient cockroaches.
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

ninjannihilator

So that's the end of that arch

superluser

Quote from: thegayhare on February 20, 2007, 11:06:12 PMthere is sometihng eirrie about them  If you bug bomb a house they will actualy march en mass across the stree to the next house

I'm not sure if these bugs could find any such eyrie.  Lost Lake seems kind of isolated.

P.S. Pro forma mention of approval of reference to Devo.
P.P.S. Pro forma mention of disapproval of DEV2.0

Zedd

Old tales never see to get old specialy the great ones

PookiesUncle

Aw, we didn't get to see what the writing on Wildy's face looked like. :mowsad

I wonder if Able has Scent Appeal due to the other spider that got mashed in his hair?

Jim Halisstrad

This would be a perfect chance to bring in this character.

:D

Zedd

Dought it Jim...Two diffrent world and all that razzle tazzle

Dard

Quote from: superluser on February 20, 2007, 10:14:50 PM
Now, is it right to kill sentient spiders?
It is not right to kill any spiders!
Such cute little critters! . And often furry! Don't we all love furry things?
I never understood why people fear them so often...

Gabi

I like spiders too. But well, the thing about phobias is that they're irrational. You won't be able to find a logical explanation.

Now, not everything that has fur on is necessarily good.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Dard

Quote from: Gabi on February 21, 2007, 05:47:40 AM
Now, not everything that has fur on is necessarily good.
Thinks of possible counter-examples...
thinks longer...

Ah, okay, I have to agree for tasmanian devils.

Sunblink

Wow. Okay, the third panel really makes me crack up laughing, not only because of what Abel's reading (I REALLY don't want to know what Abel's lower half looks like in that panel...okay, maybe I do) and his expression, but because of the freakin' huge spider and his dialogue. Good lord Amber. XD

So does this finally conclude this arc? Maybe the next one'll feature Regina, since Amber DID say that she would be making an appearance in one or two arcs (this was around the time she featured the Dan and Mab wallpaper war). If so, I can't wait to see for myself what Regina is like... somehow I'm getting she's going to be somewhat of a Tira (see Soul Calibur))-esque character.

~Keaton the Black Jackal