The Castle (OOC) - Open

Started by Stygian, February 14, 2007, 05:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stygian

Right. As the general hangout became a complete mess, I thought it only right to start a new one, and this one with an OOC thread. Not for any particular reason, other than to perhaps avoid the kind of pandemonium that we saw in the latest one. Also, for the same reasons this new RP will be limited to a Furrae setting, as several points were received on that particular issue.

Here in the OOC, we talk, we debate and we post pictures and character profiles if we like.

Now for the rules...

• Rule no.1: There really aren't any rules. Go figure. It's a free RP, where people hang out. There are only recommendations and common courtesy, really. Except for standard procedure, as mentioned in rule number 2, of course. These override rule no.1.

• Rule no.2: The standard things; no godmoding, no munchkinism, no excessive silliness at the cost of the RP or the people partaking in it, and no flaming, trolling or other idiocy in the OOC (although I shall say nothing about insults. Read some Thomas Paine). No post- or character-hijacking. Stay IC in the RP, and keep sharp.

• Rule no.3: Ask about things if you want to know them. Ask before you are about to do something you're not quite sure of. Ask about just about anything, really. Also, point things out to people, whether they are good or bad, and do the best you can to keep the thread "clean" overall.

Other than that, it's pretty much free for all. The PG-rating can be discussed, as can post requirements and rules, but generally I would advise people to write more technically and eloquently, rather than precisely. Try and be more suggestive than blatant, do plots if you'd like, insult and get angry with people IC, but don't carry it outside... Really, just RP to your heart's content.

That's it. Stygian out.

Boog

So, there is no problem bringing in the same characters from the lounge? Or are you looking for something completely new? I was a tad confused as to what you meant when you mentioned what you planned on having happen next.

Aisha deCabre

Second customer.   :P  Well Boog, it probably wouldn't be the same characters from the Lounge, they'd be standardized to Furrae, as said.  Also I think everyone's agreed to start over as from a clean slate.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Stygian

Well, we're not resuming old events from the Lounge. After some points and hard thinking, it was decided that it was best to introduce something completely new. This means that new people can get in, old players get to work out things they might have wanted to in the old thread better this time, and there will be less randomness and general incompatibility.

Gareeku

Mel Dragonkitty

Adds her name below Gareeku's.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Cogidubnus

Of course, I shall want to get in on these fun and games.

Stygian

And we shall be wanting to have you in! Just remember; it's big, spooky, and though the portcullis is up the place is dark and empty as for now.

e_voyager

sounds fun. I'm in but i have a question. what is munchkinism?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Stygian

It's the art of making a character too powerful for everybody's good... Have a look at Fa'Lina, for example.

e_voyager

ah thanks. i believe that robots and cyborgs are acceptable for the new rp but i think i need to figure out how i came to this place. i guess random exploration works best but i think i'll watch a bit more to see what the tone is.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Gareeku

Its Furrae. There aren't any robots or cyborgs.

bill

Quote from: Gareeku on February 14, 2007, 10:35:55 PM
Its Furrae. There aren't any robots or cyborgs.
There's Robo-Gryphons.  :B

Stygian

Well, one. Manufactured specially by Jyrras. But then, we don't know how many have been toying about with things like Deebs and such... Though I strongly suggest you consider going for an alternative, E.

e_voyager

will do.  i think i'll go creature this time around. maybe a demon or a were. any suggestions?

Stygian

'Sall up to you. Me, I think we're not on a shortage of weres with their rarity and Cog around, but we seem to be lacking heavily in mythos.

Also, I think you'll find the main gate is locked, but there's a smaller side entry if you walk around that is not...

Jim Halisstrad

Hey, it's not to late to sign up right?

I promise that my RP posts aren't as.... disorganized as my standard posts.
I still need to make a character however... are we using current Furrae time?  I would love to play an undead :3

Stygian

Current time, about, yes. Perhaps a bit later, but we're not counting centuries here. Oh, and you do whatever you want. Although I have to warn you about the "behave as in IC" part, which might put some people off against undead.

Tiny crested flint

I'm in! and I promise to keep strictly to secondary characters (mainly cause I want to)
If I mess-up, feel free to yell at/scold/tsk-tsk me.

e_voyager

aww man and i'd just decided on that as well.  no worries i'll rewrite my character and cancel out his undead situation. now i need another reason for him to be wondering though.

Jim Halisstrad

I love a challenge ;3  I hope you don't mind me posting character stats here >.>
More to come in a bit.
Craig Marlow

Race :  Mixed Canine [undead]
Sex: Male
Height: 5ft8
Body Build:  Tone
Fur Color:  Thick, white and usually dusty.
Eye Color: Yellow Glowing eyes  (Green sometimes when proper spells are used)
Personality:  Curious, with a tendency towards morbidity.  Whether this is due towards the nature of his existence or personality remains to be seen.
Likes:  Learning new magical secrets, practicing swordplay, writting poetry (which he keeps to himself)  being undead
Dislikes:  being undead,  bats (Borderline phobia)
Appearance:  It is unknown how much of Craig's body is rotted or covered in wounds as he keeps his limbs wrapped in several layers of dark blue cloth.  He wears grey robes with a hood that cover grey slacks, his upper torso is wrapped with cloth.  A close look at his muzzle reviles that the fur that covers the bottom jaw is thinner and a bit paler then the surrounding visable fur.
A simple brown backpack carries several books, parchment and a pin and inkwell.
And yes, that is a short sword under his robes and he's not happy to see you.

General traits:
Low dark magic, mostly involving energy manipulation.
See spell list for how I measure spells and spell strength.

[Player note.  For simplisaties sake I measure spells with a spell points.  Right now Craig has a max of 6 points]

Spell list.

Caustic Shield: Cost: 1  (can be amped for longer duration)
Durration, a matter of minutes.
Creates a shield of Dark energy extended out from the casters arm of choosing.  The shield rusts metal, rots wood, rends flesh, in addition to repelling force directed against it.  It's not invulnerable however and can be destroyed if enough force is brought against it.  Holy weapons or direct contact with magic dispel the shield.

Appearance of the living:  Cost: 1 ( can be amped for longer duration)
Durration Two hours.
Hides the smell of death and creates a minor illusion that makes the caster look like a normal, living, being.
The eyes appear as they did in life EXCEPT in the absence of light, where they glow yellow as normal.

e_voyager

i don't  really have the details that Jim does but  here are the generals stats of my chares Epyon Valstoc.

Race :  mythos ( he's a grey fox with wings and literally a four eyes.)
Sex: Male
Height: 4'11"
Body Build:  normal
Fur Color:  Thick, grey blue highlights
Eye Color: brown
Personality:  currently withdrawn and depressed. his worst fear is coming to past and that's put him on edge
Dislikes: being trapped, being cursed.
Fears: being undead, coffins and Mild claustrophobia.
Appearance: appears to be a grey furred fox with one tail four eyes to legs two arms  a set of wings. most cases the upper eyes remain closed giving  him the appearance of a wrinkled forehead. Id one does not look to close. he keeps his wings close to his body most of the time and has never learned to fly. Form time to time he will were a hat to cover his forehead so that his extra eyes don't show when among beings

History : Epyon is a fox mythos with some demonic ancestry within the past 3 generations. and though some of his ancestors had multiples tails he himself had never displays this trait he was however both with an extra eye giving him 4 eyes instead of  usual three. Epyon's grandfather gave him his name when he later found out meant Next in some archaic language. As he grew up he learn a few thing and his father and grandfather drilled into his heard a basic healing spell . aside form that he did not learn much active magic though was trained literary research, folklore and weapons training.

On a expedition 4 years ago he ran into trouble and was attacked by an crazed undead and savagely bitten. Despite being able to escape he was severely wounded and death for several days. Though he did not die he discovered that parts of his body going numb from time to time and sought help.  Her learned about  one year after the attack that unlike in cases of being bitten but the undead he was still at  risk. The animate forces that turns one into an undead was still active in his body and though he survived the attack he was still border line. It was then that he lead about a curse that was put on his family starting with his fathers generation. With out a cure or lifting the curse his worse fear would be realized and he would become undead. Since then her has searched for information so as to alleviate his condition. ( I know the curse is a bit of a stretch but his searching for a cure to being undead was the center around what I design for the original character and not it if his fear of become undead that's drive him to seek a cure and travel )

Stygian

Oh, dear... Ehm, Jim? Might it be an issue if my character is a six foot, two hundred pound bat...? Not to mention an overwhelmingly creepy and sinister one?

No, I'm not really concerned about that. In fact, I'm pulling one of my trademark grins right now. It will make for good drama later on...

e_voyager

question form my reading Gareeku, Ashia ,Mel and Cog are at the front gates. i've just pushed my way into one of the sidedoors. i don't know were Jeremiah is.  am i wrong about the layout?

Stygian

The simple answer is probably yes.

Edit: I am forced to point out the third rule. People are obviously being very confused as to locations and specifics right now. If you'd have asked me, I could describe the place's precise layout to you, or drawn a picture. Please don't keep this up...

Jim Halisstrad

School... killing brain.... entry post.... sucky....

Stygian

We're just pulling away from everybody. But I will make sure that people have their part. Trust me.

Jim Halisstrad

Gah, sorry I didn't post today.  I've been swamped >.<  I'm too tired to make anything resembling a coherent post, so I will try to take care of that first thing in the morning

e_voyager

i know how you feel. i was have connectivity issues and decided to spend a few hours writing before i knew it it was 3 am an i was online again. this would have been expect that i was to  tired to catch up. but now time to catch up.

Stygian

E, please pay attention to what is being posted. If you can't do that, then really you shouldn't be RPing. I've told you about the bats twice now, so play accordingly.