11-27-2006 Independence Day

Started by Cogidubnus, November 26, 2006, 10:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cogidubnus

I hope that the lucky medallion is found indeed...and, we learn more and more of our dear Abel...

It would appear that Biggs is more than a little dependent on Destenia as well.

Wanderer

Ah, a valid target for Alexsi.

...What? She's angry about being kidnapped, remember?

Fresnor

Dang, those glasses add like 20 years to her looks.  And I'm the only one that thinks something looks a bit lopsided?

Faerie Alex

Agreed, she looks better without the glasses.

Hmm...Bigs knows Destania's name. Does he know who she really is?
Jeez I need to update this thing.

superluser

Quote from: Fresnor on November 26, 2006, 10:55:12 PMDang, those glasses add like 20 years to her looks.

Well, she better put them back on, then. :B

Anyways, ``Had a vested interest in?''  Please, oh, please tell me that I have a dirty mind and this is not what Amber means.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Roureem Egas

So Biggs knows who Destania really is. At least, I think he does. Makes me wonder why Destania was walking around as an impala or gazelle.

Quote from: Wanderer on November 26, 2006, 10:54:52 PM
Ah, a valid target for Alexsi.

...What? She's angry about being kidnapped, remember?

Well, she might have forgotten that. Biggs walking in could remind her of why she was there instead of being at the show-off of the inn. >:3

Zedd

Im sure all answers will be seen soon

Aisha deCabre

And finally Biggs makes his appearance.  In this panel I can picture him having one of those higher-pitched whiny voices.   :rolleyes

Anyway I quite like the detail on Destania, down to the little white patches of fur in her ears.  I agree with most of ya, the glasses did seem to add age to her appearance.  I guess that's a small rule with glasses...further up on the face makes them nerdy, further down makes them librarian-like.  My own humble opinion, but meh.

Speaking of colors I'm thinking this is one of those occasions where Biggs didn't see the need to discourage coloring his hair away from the pink tone.   :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Zorro

Quote from: superluser on November 26, 2006, 10:58:35 PM
Quote from: Fresnor on November 26, 2006, 10:55:12 PMDang, those glasses add like 20 years to her looks.

Well, she better put them back on, then. :B

Anyways, ``Had a vested interest in?''  Please, oh, please tell me that I have a dirty mind and this is not what Amber means.

More like 200.   :)

Elader Arkon

Interesting. I was not expecting Biggs' entrance to be like that.

Pink hair. Is it natural? Is it one of the reasons he feels he has to be so tough?

Zedd

Quote from: Elader Arkon on November 26, 2006, 11:43:23 PM
Interesting. I was not expecting Biggs' entrance to be like that.

Pink hair. Is it natural? Is it one of the reasons he feels he has to be so tough?

Well it looks more maroon than anything but I guess Biggs is nothing but a big child

Regal

Quote from: Fresnor on November 26, 2006, 10:55:12 PM
Dang, those glasses add like 20 years to her looks. 

Which doesn't mean much to a cubi.   :mowmeep

Grenn

Meh, she just probably did the Gazelle thing to see if Alexi had any idea why she was being kidnapped. Though, she probably knew she'd try and attack her first.

Though that could very well be her way of making sure it was Alexi and not some random wrong target. :)

Heh heh. I think Biggs is going to get a hard, uppercut groin shot by Lexi's foot first, followed by a rapid roundhouse crack to the temple by Alexi's fist, followed by.... lots and lots of PAIN.

*cough*

Maybe I just like violence or something....... :p

Manawolf

Unless you like Ninja Ressurection, you are not a true fan of violence and gore (and should be glad for that).

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Manawolf on November 27, 2006, 01:46:55 AM
Unless you like Ninja Ressurection, you are not a true fan of violence and gore (and should be glad for that).

Aecas666: *blinks* Wait, what?
Aecas666: That "film" if you can call it that was bloody awful. And it would seem somebody never saw Ichi.
Aecas666: Post that for me would you? >_>
Aecas666: "You've never seen Ichi the Killer then."
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Mock AV

:eager Is it just me or does Destania talk about Abel in a moderately disturbing way?  :<

Manawolf

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on November 27, 2006, 02:42:37 AM
Quote from: Manawolf on November 27, 2006, 01:46:55 AM

Aecas666: *blinks* Wait, what?
Aecas666: That "film" if you can call it that was bloody awful. And it would seem somebody never saw Ichi.
Aecas666: Post that for me would you? >_>
Aecas666: "You've never seen Ichi the Killer then."

You mean it has worse than intestine tentacles?

Zina

Dear Mana.

You haven't seen violent until you've witnessed Ichi the Killer.
There are so many moments that make you wince, shriek, cover your mouth, cover your eyes, and leave you curled up in a ball on the floor, weeping.

But it's all ok because Tadanobu Asano is DAMN sexy as Kakihara.
DAMN.
SEXY.

e_voyager

i for one like the mature look but then people tell me i'm strange.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Fresnor

Been meaning to see Ichi the Killer, how is it related to Battle Royale?  That's how I first heard of it.

Sid

After this comic, I really hope that Destania comes back to Lost Lake... if only to see the look on Abel's face :D
:boogie

Zina

Quote from: Fresnor on November 27, 2006, 03:30:12 AM
Been meaning to see Ichi the Killer, how is it related to Battle Royale?  That's how I first heard of it.

Well, for starters, it isn't. Other than they're both Japanese. And violent.
Beat Takeshi is in Battle Royal, and the director of Ichi the Killer's name is Takashi Miike. A lot of people get them confused, for whatever reason.
Takashi Miike is this insane director that prefers cult and b movies to main stream because that means he doesn't have to TRY(more or less his own words). He's amazing like that, and rolls joints in the middle of his own interviews. And looks like a total gangsta. He's my hero.
He averages 10 movies or so a year. I think he's up to 70-something now. They range from "HOLY CRAP THIS MOVIE IS AMAZING WHY DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT IT SOONER but I still feel dirty, I think it was the scene with the dog." to "why did I watch this movie, I will never get those two hours back. D:"
Ichi the Killer falls under the former. It's amazing, it's horrible, it's sexy, it's painful, it's violent, it's disgusting, and it's not for the weak of stomach or nerves.
Best movie of all time, kids.

superluser

Quote from: Mock AV on November 27, 2006, 02:46:30 AM
:eager Is it just me or does Destania talk about Abel in a moderately disturbing way?  :<

Yay!  I'm not the only one!

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Tapewolf

I had assumed that the gazelle disguise was to conceal her true identity from Biggs, but apparently that isn't the case.
Interesting that she seems to have fostered some kind of relationship with Biggs where he is somehow dependent upon her, yet he's not completely under her control either or she would have known about Alexsi.

Talking of Alexsi, Destania is probably going to have to hold her back from slaughtering him since a lioness vs ferret battle would be pretty short and messy.

Quote from: Sid on November 27, 2006, 03:49:50 AM
After this comic, I really hope that Destania comes back to Lost Lake... if only to see the look on Abel's face :D

He surely knows where she is, though.  Abel seems to be pretty much in Fa'lina's confidence and he's read Dan's file too.  The 'disaster' line from last strip is a curious one.  Is it a disaster if she returns to Lost Lake, a disaster if she leaves Edward in Twink Territories, or a disaster if talks to Dan at all?

Something I forgot to mention before is Destania's reaction to Dan not wanting to go to SAIA.  Was she really expecting him to just go, knowing that he'd never see Alexsi, Wildy, Jyrras or his father again?

Anyways, "Had a vested interest in?''  Please, oh, please tell me that I have a dirty mind and this is not what Amber means.
I told you Dan was Abel's love-child  :mwaha

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

DigitalMan

Quote from: Mock AV on November 27, 2006, 02:46:30 AM

No. No no no. I absolutely refuse to think that way this time. That can't be what she meant. I'm not listening! *puts his fingers in is ears*

icarus

i haven't seen ichi and i NEED TO. i've only seen clips from it.

i know that he (takashi) never went to film school which pisses off a lot of other directors. THEY DONT LIKE THE CONCEPT OF NATURAL UNTRAINED TALENT <3

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Sid

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 27, 2006, 04:23:12 AM
Quote from: Sid on November 27, 2006, 03:49:50 AM

He surely knows where she is, though.  Abel seems to be pretty much in Fa'lina's confidence and he's read Dan's file too.  The 'disaster' line from last strip is a curious one.  Is it a disaster if she returns to Lost Lake, a disaster if she leaves Edward in Twink Territories, or a disaster if talks to Dan at all?

I think there's a difference between him knowing about Destania and Destania actually coming back. Considering that Abel actually left SAIA with Dan, I don't think he expects Destania to return to Lost Lake so soon (if at all). And if you factor in Fa'Lina's quasi-omniscience, it might be possible that she had planned Abel to meet Destania again for some reason... but that is pretty far out in the field of speculation and fanfics, so I'll stop (for now). :P

QuoteSomething I forgot to mention before is Destania's reaction to Dan not wanting to go to SAIA.  Was she really expecting him to just go, knowing that he'd never see Alexsi, Wildy, Jyrras or his father again?

Wondered about that one myself. Then again, Fa'Lina didn't exactly bother to ask Dan for permission. If it hadn't been for the rescue party, Dan might still be in SAIA, who knows? What puzzles me a lot more (not sure if I had mentioned it back then...) is how Destania expected Dan to actually end up in SAIA. Without Aary, Dan would have been the only Cubi in the Lost Lake area at that time, and Fa'Lina didn't exactly seem to know of him before that.

Even though there are two possibilities for this one, come to think of it. Mab might have contacting info, or Destania had given a sort of "In case of your brother going nearly insane due to Cubi powers, break glass" emergency set :P
:boogie

Tapewolf

Quote from: DigitalMan on November 27, 2006, 04:36:15 AM
No. No no no. I absolutely refuse to think that way this time. That can't be what she meant. I'm not listening! *puts his fingers in is ears*
That won't help - you'd better close your eyes too.

* Dan and Abel are both feline 'cubi
* They both have green eyes (eye, in Abel's case)
* Abel was a pupil of his charismatic teacher Destania until she left.
* Destania was pregnant with Dan before she left SAIA and met Edward
* Abel drives his roommates insane to try and conceal this affair
* Ink found out, hence his taunts about Dan being Edward's son
* Abel agreed to leave SAIA and risked his life in attacking Pyroduck to protect his son.

(Forget about the rumour that Dan has the Ti'fiona tail, that's a lie, do you hear?)

Dard

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 27, 2006, 04:23:12 AM
Anyways, "Had a vested interest in?''  Please, oh, please tell me that I have a dirty mind and this is not what Amber means.
I told you Dan was Abel's love-child  :mwaha
Heh, nice way to put it.
Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if it is Amber who has the dirty mind. After all, they spent centuries together at SAIA. I'm sure that after a couple of decades at best the usual teacher-student taboo for intimate relationship becomes rather moot.
Besides: The is a succubi and incubi academy we are talking about here. "vested interests" of that kind are probably part of the curriculum. As long as they are kept professional. Maybe that's just what Abel failed to do.

You know, I really would like to see Destania's reaction if Alexsi repeated her suggestion that Destania should visit them at Lost Lake now that she knows Abel is also there! >:]

Lexsi: "Say, are you sure you don't want to come back?"
Destania: "NO!" :dface

Tapewolf

Quote from: Dard on November 27, 2006, 05:02:27 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on November 27, 2006, 04:23:12 AMI told you Dan was Abel's love-child  :mwaha
Heh, nice way to put it.
Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if it is Amber who has the dirty mind. After all, they spent centuries together at SAIA. I'm sure that after a couple of decades at best the usual teacher-student taboo for intimate relationship becomes rather moot.
Besides: The is a succubi and incubi academy we are talking about here. "vested interests" of that kind are probably part of the curriculum. As long as they are kept professional. Maybe that's just what Abel failed to do.

Quite.  What's more plausible than the love-child theory (and this occurred to me while taunting DigitalMan) is that Abel had the hots for Destania and is jealous of Edward for doing what he could not (which satisfies the "Abel and Edward have never met" clause, by the way).  That would also explain the Ink-Abel interaction.  It might then be the case that he's hell-bent on defending Dan as some kind of future-stepchild on the assumption that he can marry Destania when her Being husband dies.