11-3-2006 Over the top

Started by Manawolf, November 03, 2006, 01:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manawolf

You don't need it to be vorpal to take them off by the neck.  Plus you still have to rely on that critical.

In other news, I still don't know how to take a hostage in MGS3 without slitting their throat.  I suck (Yet I've beaten the game with just about every camo, including all boss camos).

Zorro

Zedd

Cute pet name for the Pyroduck...But..Yeah..I dought Abel and Pyro will ever be buds

Madd the Sane

Argh! I just had to post on the one that would get deleted.  Oh well.  My original post:
Quote from: Madd the Sane on November 03, 2006, 01:15:09 AM
True.  That and now we are on the Mab and Co. arc... part... thing.  Now all we need to know is why 'Cubi hate dragons so much. *Pokes at lazy Amber reference*

That and there's 14 people on the forum right now!   :giggle
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Kasarn

Quote from: Zorro on November 03, 2006, 01:15:48 AM
P- Ducky?   :mwaha
I heard he drops the P in a year or so, so it's just Ducky

Yep yep yep >_>

Manawolf

And then add Kong to the end sometime after that.

komissarmakarov

Quote from: Kasarn on November 03, 2006, 01:22:50 AM
Quote from: Zorro on November 03, 2006, 01:15:48 AM
P- Ducky?   :mwaha
I heard he drops the P in a year or so, so it's just Ducky

Yep yep yep >_>

But Pyro's a dragon, so wouldn't that make him Sharptooth?

Manawolf

The kobolds might have something to say to that.

Fresnor

The title bar of the comic has me craving gyros now though... Should go and buy the fixings for those sometime.

bill

Um, did anyone notice Wildy leaping to her death in the first frame?  :<

Tapewolf

Quote from: BillBuckner on November 03, 2006, 06:11:28 PM
Um, did anyone notice Wildy leaping to her death in the first frame?  :<
Since Mab is watching her do it while still being more interested in her conversation with Pyroduck, I'd assume it's a drop of two or three feet rather than a sheer cliff.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

bill

You're interfering with my speculation.

Tapewolf

It's starting to look like Pyro could be vulnerable in his humanoid form.

llearch n'n'daCorna

It's starting to look like there's dragon-specific hardware out there, to cope with the invulnerability of the skin. Or that's how I'd see it...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 03, 2006, 06:46:01 PM
It's starting to look like there's dragon-specific hardware out there, to cope with the invulnerability of the skin. Or that's how I'd see it...

Possibly, but that would mean that he's revealed his dragonness to Mab.  If she already knew that she would also have known that Aary, Abel and any other SAIA-educated 'cubi would go utterly berserk when they found out what he was.

Kasarn

QuoteJabberwocky
by Lewis Caroll

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

'Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!'

He took his vorpal sword in hand:
    Long time the manxome foe he sought--
    So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
    And stood awhile in thought.

And as in uffish thought he stood,
    The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
    Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
    And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
    The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head
    He went galumphing back.

'And hast thou slain the Jabberwock?
    Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
    O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
    He chortled in his joy.

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves

edit: I bolded the relevant parts if anybody can't be bothered...
edit 2: HURRRRR maybe I should credit the poem

ShiningShadow

I think he hsa the acrutements to protect him from harm and make him invulnerable. Remember he's a dragon and they hoard like hamster's . So he got the cool stuff he is wearing to protect him.

ShiningShadow

I think he has the acruments to protect himself from harm. Besides he's a dragon and he hoards like a hamster. Therefore the cool stuf he is wearing to protect from everything.

Gabi

This still doesn't explain the "insert hand" thing. Why did she do it? And what's souvlaki?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Sid

I guess the "insert hand" thing was just Mab trying to break the ice, a silly scene with no real impact. :P

And yay! Looks like we'll stay with the rescue party for a while! *cheers*
I love Mab's "Hmmmmm..." pose in the third panel. You just KNOW the result will be silly xD

Edit:
*stares at the lower left corner of the comic* Did Amber get divorced already?  :dface (;))
:boogie

Alondro

*Charline thinks the Jabberwocky got a bad rap!*  Just like dragons... and my mother!  Humans are always blaming us for eating them!  Is it our fault that people are edible?   If they don't want to be devoured, they should be poisonous or have thorns or something.   >:3

*Charles edges away from Charline, for she gets bitey at times like this*   :c  Uhm, I wonder if Pyro's hiding his tue identity from Mab because fae have a certain degree of animosity toward dragons too.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Alan Garou

Anybody else notice how amazingly hot Wildy looks in the first panel? :animesweat
Also, for a second there, the positioning of Mab's antennae made it look as if Pyro had a Shikon shard.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Alan Garou on November 03, 2006, 09:10:58 PM
Also, for a second there, the positioning of Mab's antennae made it look as if Pyro had a Shikon shard.

hey! Keep Polymer City Chronicles out of it! :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alan Garou

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 03, 2006, 09:16:53 PM

hey! Keep Polymer City Chronicles out of it! :-)

What in the world is Polymer City Chronicles? I was referencing Inuyasha. Which reminds me, Wildy's hair in the first panel looks like Inuyasha's does when he's running. Hmmm... (speculates wildly) :paranoid

superluser

Quote from: Kasarn on November 03, 2006, 06:57:44 PM
Quote'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves

An interesting bit to note is that this first portion was originally published as "Stanza of Anglo-Saxon Poetry," which should provide some indication as to why the words look like they *should* be English.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Mel Dragonkitty

Quote from: Alondro on November 03, 2006, 09:00:43 PM
*Charles edges away from Charline, for she gets bitey at times like this* :c Uhm, I wonder if Pyro's hiding his tue identity from Mab because fae have a certain degree of animosity toward dragons too.

I think Mab must know he's a dragon. Why else would he mention the attack was with a vorpal blade and not just say Abel attacked him. Maybe the two elder races can sense each other and she's known from day one and fae just don't care about the fight. Or if, as has been speculated, this is just a Fa'Lina predjudice spred to SAIA students she doesn't know.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mel Dragonkitty on November 03, 2006, 11:28:03 PM
I think Mab must know he's a dragon. Why else would he mention the attack was with a vorpal blade and not just say Abel attacked him. Maybe the two elder races can sense each other and she's known from day one and fae just don't care about the fight. Or if, as has been speculated, this is just a Fa'Lina predjudice spred to SAIA students she doesn't know.

Mab knows Fa'lina, so if it is some weird inter-racial spat that Fa'lina is propagating, she will know about it.

Aridas

Quote from: Mel Dragonkitty on November 03, 2006, 11:28:03 PM
Or maybe it's yet another joke lost among speculation. >_>

This comic is getting less comicy the more people try to dissect the jokes :<

ShiningShadow

I got the jokes they are a scream  :giggle. Anywho I think Falina is spreading things about Dragons that we don't know about. What made her so against Dragons in the first place.

KarlOmega1

Anybody else notice how amazingly hot Wildy looks in the first panel? :animesweat

I kinda noticed...I think Amber is not only drawing characters cute, but also sexy as well...Oh great...Thanks a lot! Now that one side of my mind is active!

Back on topic, I think I'm beginning to see something in the plot unravel...
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius