07 October 2006 - Abel Go Pukey

Started by Zorro, October 07, 2006, 12:18:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorro

Yeah that Guy is really a jerk after all.

DigitalMan

Tactless, without a doubt.

But then again, Abel is a jerk sometimes, too. Except Abel is a whole lot cooler  D:

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

xHaZxMaTx

Wonder why he's staring at his finger...

Manawolf

This I can actually see guys doing.  If you're the only one who had to run off to puke, you're going to get teased about it, especially after leaving the others to do the dirty work.

Jim Halisstrad

Agreed, I know someone who can't handle the sight or smell of puke, ironically.  Me and my friends give him sass all the time, he lurvs us though ;3

The best thing to do with a 'Jerk' is to hand their crap back at them.  If they can take it and joke about it, well then they're all right people.

But yeah, I wish I had something on topic to say.... I'm gay for Able?

*edit* A and bout are one word.

Zedd

I feel even worse after I ralfed....

komissarmakarov

Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on October 07, 2006, 03:17:00 AM

So's the rest of the Soviet Union, and 90% of this forum's male population, Comrade :D

Re: the comic, is it just my own twisted mind, or could this be construed as Devin's attempt at hitting on Abel? >:3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Komissar Makarov on October 07, 2006, 04:18:21 AM
Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on October 07, 2006, 03:17:00 AM

Abel is supposed to go mad if people compare him to the Biblical one.  What does he do to people who spell his name wrong?  >:3

QuoteRe: the comic, is it just my own twisted mind, or could this be construed as Devin's attempt at hitting on Abel? >:3

I think it may just be your own twisted mind, Comrade.  :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

Is it normal see spots after you threw up though?

Zaon

....If you are seeing spots I think you might have som problems... that or you are more atuntened to the spirit world
either way it's either good or bad :3

Kenji

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on October 07, 2006, 12:50:38 AM

Because I can just picture him wiggling his fingers at Abel and going "Boogidy boogidy boo!"

Zedd

Your an evil kat KK...*wiggles own finger at him*

Gabi

Quote from: FireKatKid on October 07, 2006, 09:09:29 AM

Because I can just picture him wiggling his fingers at Abel and going "Boogidy boogidy boo!"
Well, I thought he could do that too. The question is... is he that big a jerk?

And if he is... what will Abel do? It looks like one of those situations when a Cubi's wings would react uncommanded.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

ITOS

Maybe Abel picked up his jerkiness from Devin?
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on October 07, 2006, 09:22:05 AM
Quote from: FireKatKid on October 07, 2006, 09:09:29 AM
I can just picture him wiggling his fingers at Abel and going "Boogidy boogidy boo!"
Well, I thought he could do that too. The question is... is he that big a jerk?

If Devin actually drives Abel to faint, they'll have to carry him which is extremely counterproductive.  Devin has probably realised that.  Besides which Amber could easily have fitted that gag into this strip.
My guess is that Devin is just going to wash his hands and then discuss actually important matters like what are they going to do now the outpost has been abandoned?  Originally they were going to leave Abel there, but that's no longer an option.

QuoteAnd if he is... what will Abel do? It looks like one of those situations when a Cubi's wings would react uncommanded.

Seems a bit excessive, and I don't think you get tentacles until after your headwings (but I could be wrong).  If anything like that was going to happen anytime soon I'd say it would happen when Abel is threatened (I assumed it would happen when they shot at him).  If they do meet the Creature, that's when things could get interesting.

An interesting question is what would Abel's tentacles do anyway?  Dan's had heads and could see, Abel's will be blind unless they are able to tap into his primary vision and even that won't help much since they're behind him.

MT Hazard

:yeahthat Where/when does is say/show that Dan's tentacles can see? (apart from non cannon) Although that could could be quite usefull...
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on October 07, 2006, 11:34:56 AM
Where/when does is say/show that Dan's tentacles can see? (apart from non cannon) Although that could could be quite usefull...

I deduced it, since they were able to find the coffee filters etc while Dan was looking the other way.
There's also the fact that the Spy-Story Dan used them to improve his aim, although that probably counts as non-canon.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 07, 2006, 10:20:29 AM
Seems a bit excessive, and I don't think you get tentacles until after your headwings (but I could be wrong).  If anything like that was going to happen anytime soon I'd say it would happen when Abel is threatened (I assumed it would happen when they shot at him).  If they do meet the Creature, that's when things could get interesting.

Dan got his headwings earlyish, since he didn't use magic, and it's the collection of magic that causes the headwings. Consequently, using magic as Abel is presumably doing, would slow down when your headwings appear, and hence could change the sequence enough that your wingheads come first...

Or so I understand, anyway. :-)

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 07, 2006, 10:20:29 AM
An interesting question is what would Abel's tentacles do anyway?  Dan's had heads and could see, Abel's will be blind unless they are able to tap into his primary vision and even that won't help much since they're behind him.

.. Or wingheads don't need eyes to see, and the eyes on Dan's are purely cosmetic... Radar, anyone?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 07, 2006, 12:39:48 PM
Dan got his headwings earlyish, since he didn't use magic, and it's the collection of magic that causes the headwings. Consequently, using magic as Abel is presumably doing, would slow down when your headwings appear, and hence could change the sequence enough that your wingheads come first...

Maybe.  I was assuming that the headwings were a sign that the 'cubi had reached a point where other effects become possible - which would mean that the headwings would have to come first.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'll admit, it -is- a non-clear point that has yet to be expanded upon. Unless I forget which line it is. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tiger_T

He remembers the 'good ol' days'.
He knows why Abel is blood-o-phobic because he was there. </conspiration>

As for the tentacle-eyes:
They seem to be able to see, but it's independant from Dan's vision. ie: He doesn't actively see what they see.
(Imagine having to compute and coordinate 5 viewpoints in your brain - Talk about 3D!  :rolleyes)
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

GabrielsThoughts

All that waiting for one line of dialouge?...wait, nevermind.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Gabi

Well, Abel already has his clan marking. We don't know if there's a sequence which the 'effects' always follow, or if those things don't always happen in the same order.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Zedd

As they say...Eatch tribe is effected diffrently in age..As for mine...We get a dark internal being when where born...Yet unleashed due to high stress or levels of tention

Demont

e_voyager

a jerk yes but i must say this for him. he's true to most of his nature and doesnt hide it.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tiger_T on October 07, 2006, 02:32:28 PM
As for the tentacle-eyes:
They seem to be able to see, but it's independant from Dan's vision. ie: He doesn't actively see what they see.
(Imagine having to compute and coordinate 5 viewpoints in your brain - Talk about 3D!  :rolleyes)

I'm thinking that you can tap into their vision with proper training, but by default it would give you enhanced spatial awareness like a Pierson's Puppeteer and the ability to instinctively know when someone is creeping up on you (when the tentacle heads are out, of course).
Anyway, the original discussion was about what use Abel's tentacles would be if they can't see - that is, if they have a completely independent visual processing system like you were suggesting.  Dan's tentacles were able to make coffee, attack the sink behind him and attack Pip, because they could see.  Abel's tentacles either can't, or can only see through his own eyes - either way they're going to be pretty useless unless as Llearch suggested they have some other sense instead and the eyes are just decorative.

Zedd

Dont forget the mouths...They are strong enough to bite thought but may use as hands as well

komissarmakarov

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 07, 2006, 05:52:05 PM
Abel's tentacles either can't, or can only see through his own eyes - either way they're going to be pretty useless unless as Llearch suggested they have some other sense instead and the eyes are just decorative.

Why do you say this? Was there something I missed?