Abels Story 16/9/06

Started by Zedd, September 15, 2006, 09:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

Well what can I say...Lugging and carring a corpses is hard..But someone has to do it right?  :P

Arcalane

Correction on date - it's 16/9/06 (or /9/16/06 if you're a crazy AmericanCapitalist. Death to the Capitalist Pigdog swine! For the motherland!) ;)

I suspect the smell of rotting flesh will do that to you. As for the tinted windows, the purpose is now obviously clear. The windows were one-way tinted so that you can look out without being blinded or anything seeing in. Makes it very easy to keep an eye out when people think the place is really abandoned.

Interesting though... why would the fort have been abandoned in the first place?

Plus, I figured it wasn't a house. Too big and... since when do houses have a palisade wall and watchtowers?

Zedd

Be good Sheridan side note...And I seriously didnt expect that would be less amount of bodies

bill

Six updates in seven days. Amber FTW.

Kenji

I hope he's got some powerful soap to get blood off of fur. It's annoying enough just with skin.

Boog

Heh, "now all I need is the handbag to complete the set," that line made me grin. Was anyone else mildly worried when they saw the Abel update pic?

Zedd

Quote from: Boogeyman on September 15, 2006, 10:53:07 PM
Was anyone else mildly worried when they saw the Abel update pic?

Worried? As in how Boogey?

willow186129

Quote from: Boogeyman on September 15, 2006, 10:53:07 PM
Heh, "now all I need is the handbag to complete the set," that line made me grin. Was anyone else mildly worried when they saw the Abel update pic?

Yes. I was a little "WHOAH! I thought things were teen rating, but now I'm not too sure! O_o" ...*cough*

...of course, that may or may not have been along the lines of what you were thinking...*piranins away*  :mowninja

thegayhare

Quote from: FireKatKid on September 15, 2006, 10:52:52 PM
I hope he's got some powerful soap to get blood off of fur. It's annoying enough just with skin.

or our of your hair or up a nostril I swear one day I got home from work one day and there was some that had gotten in my ears

Zorro

Quote from: Sheridan on September 15, 2006, 09:36:40 PM
Correction on date - it's 16/9/06 (or /9/16/06 if you're a crazy AmericanCapitalist. Death to the Capitalist Pigdog swine! For the motherland!) ;)

I suspect the smell of rotting flesh will do that to you. As for the tinted windows, the purpose is now obviously clear. The windows were one-way tinted so that you can look out without being blinded or anything seeing in. Makes it very easy to keep an eye out when people think the place is really abandoned.

Interesting though... why would the fort have been abandoned in the first place?

Plus, I figured it wasn't a house. Too big and... since when do houses have a palisade wall and watchtowers?

It takes at least 12 hours to begin rotting, even in a tropical heat.

Zedd

Really nice facts there Zorro

Jack McSlay

actual rotting takes some time, but the smell can begin really fast depending on the conditions...

and I figure they must have had a hard time with the bodies, since the place was abandoned for some time, it's likely many of the bodies were already in rigor
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Manawolf

Plus there is always the possible acceleration due to supernatural forces.  Ghasts leave behind quite a stink if I remember correctly.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Manawolf on September 16, 2006, 01:46:40 AM
Plus there is always the possible acceleration due to supernatural forces.

"The outward signs are that he died quite recently.  He has this morning's newspaper, the tea in his flask is still hot, the mud on his boots is still wet.."
"Yes, yes.  Get on with it, man!"
"The body is decomposing."
"Already?"
-- Dr. Who, and if you recognise the episode, you win a cookie

Not much to add to this, really.  It looks like the occupants somehow had advance warning of the attack.  And what's Abel doing?  I can hardly imagine they've let him wander off.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

LionHeart

Maybe this is where Abel acquired his hemophobia?
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

thegayhare

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 16, 2006, 03:45:17 AM
And what's Abel doing?  I can hardly imagine they've let him wander off.

my guess is he's quitely vomiting in the bushes some where

This is mildly off topic, and not at all based on any evidance but while I was at work yesterday a scene kept popping into my head.

It would have been of today's comic,  Abel, Xander, and Devin (odly theres a villian named that in a game I just picked up) standing in the ruined gate way of the fort.  staring in horror as Cid was slaughtering the inhabitants.  All traces of age gone, with outstreached cubi wings, the tenticals spearing haples victums.  His missing eye buring brightly with magical fires as he swung a bloody axe in one hand and a broadsword in the other.  He's raving as he tears into them about driving him and his boy off, forcing them to live with deamons, driving that poor girl to her death, screaming that none of them deserved to live because of the miserry they infliced on those around them.  he then turns and spots Abel standing in the gate imobilised by the horror of it all.  As cids eyes light on Abel the boy screams, turns, and runs.  Cid recoils "but I did it to potect you..."

now that would mes up anybunny's childhood

Tapewolf

Quote from: LionHeart on September 16, 2006, 04:10:44 AM

I still say it's caused by the gruesome death of someone close to him.

Ice4s

The scene what you wrote down perfectly fits in a better horror movie  :kruger

But i missing Abel from this scene, he had been realy creped out, or he helped them to clean up that mess.

Ether way, seing Devin, he preaty much had a blood bath, and i guess Abel as well could have it, and is an perfect experiance to become hemophobic. I wondering Abels expression, at the gate, and after this work.

Zedd

Well now...Im sure any grewsome death scene make anyone feel horrablie

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ice4s on September 16, 2006, 04:43:10 AM
Either way, seeing Devin, he pretty much had a blood bath, and I guess Abel as well could have it, and is an perfect experience to become hemophobic.

Abel's spent 24 years in a medieval society - I highly doubt this is his first corpse.  Besides I'm not sure just seeing a couple of corpses is going to have quite that profound an effect.  Yeah, he's going to be a bit weird for a few days, weeks or months but the horror will fade in time.  Xander is an example of this - he was quite happy to turn Abel into a corpse, if Devin hadn't stopped him.

No, unless Abel has a naturally squeamish disposition it's going to have to be something more personal to give him a shock that would last for 370 years or more.

Gabi

FKK: cold water works best. Female APF word.

I don't think seeing a corpse is enough to cause hemophobia. I was walking down the street one day and saw a guy who had been shot in the head and was lying on a puddle of his own blood and, yes, I was grossed out and a bit scared that whoever had shot him might still be around, but I still have no trouble seeing small wounds, or blood in tubes.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Kenji

Quote from: Gabi on September 16, 2006, 08:40:17 AM

I don't think seeing a corpse is enough to cause hemophobia. I was walking down the street one day and saw a guy who had been shot in the head and was lying on a puddle of his own blood and, yes, I was grossed out and a bit scared that whoever had shot him might still be around, but I still have no trouble seeing small wounds, or blood in tubes.

Water!? Who would wanna touch that stuff? D:

OT: I bet Abel's frolicking through the grass while they move the bodies. Somehow that image just popped into my mind. Probably because he almost seems like a little child when around Dev and Xan.
Female APF word?

Zedd

I am sure all people must learn Fire Kats wont touch water if even make them want to jump in it!  ;)

bill

I don't know. I'm not a doctor, but I heard that water is beneficial to health.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, yes.

On the other hand, dihydrogen monoxide is a lethal substance that should be banned, that is used in the manufacturing industry as a replacement...

Don't believe me? just look at this site!
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Manawolf

Quote from: Gabi on September 16, 2006, 08:40:17 AM

O_o

Am I the only one who finds this creepy that she actually came upon a body?  Did this actually happen?

GabrielsThoughts

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 16, 2006, 04:33:11 AM
Quote from: LionHeart on September 16, 2006, 04:10:44 AM

I still say it's caused by the gruesome death of someone close to him.

And I believe he cotracted his hemophobia at an earlier age, its not exactly like 'vertigo'
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Manawolf on September 16, 2006, 01:34:05 PM
Am I the only one who finds this creepy that she actually came upon a body?  Did this actually happen?

I have no doubt it happened. Gabi lives in a big city, and it's not the safest of big cities, so the chances of her running across a body during normal wandering about is better than even, I'd say, over the course of a few years.

*shrug* people die. This is part of life in a world with other people. I'm not deliberately being callous, but you have to get over it and get on with your life, otherwise you're going to freeze up somewhere where someone else is pointing nasty things at you, and *you'll* join the body on the floor.

That's not to say you can't come to pieces later, when you're out of danger, but at the time, keeping it together is very useful...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Manawolf

Maybe I've just been lucky living in LA.  Stick to the good neighborhoods, kept my nose clean, closest I came to a dead body was when a guy died of a heart attack across the street from the Boys and Girls Club of Santa Monica.

Zedd

I seen a few bodies and mostly ones I didnt want to see...Mostly my reltives...:tired