10/25/2008 [#157] ...Monster...!?

Started by Madmann135, October 25, 2009, 03:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madmann135

We finally get to see Zombie 'Saw in comic.  AND now I wonder if/when 'V3 'Saw' will make her appearance.  Still I wonder if Jigsaw's view on vampires is from documented references of Hollywood references.  ...Yes I wonder a lot.

Even as a monster Jigsaw has a cuddly feel to her ...and does it look like Jigsaw gained a cup size?
... ...I'm a guy, a straight guy, deal with it.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... perhaps a sharp intake of breath, as a result of whatever Veled's doing shocking her?

I don't think a cup size has been gained, though. Just a closer view.

And yes. 'Saw for the win!
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

MT Hazard

I don't know weather to be glad or sad that myself and others may see chest expansion where there is none (maybe)

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: MT Hazard on October 25, 2009, 08:17:00 AM
I don't know weather to be glad or sad that myself and others may see chest expansion where there is none (maybe)

I would argue sad, but then again I'm the general exemption to such heterosexual frivolities :b
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on October 25, 2009, 08:42:32 AM
I would argue sad, but then again I'm the general exemption to such heterosexual frivolities :b

And you wonder why people think you're not hetero. ;-]

Madmann135

Well... one newly turned vampire gained a cup size (OK more than one) in one series (Helsing's Seras Victoria).  
...I was thinking if Jigsaw's arm hulked out why couldn't her torso?

As a fan of the comic I have one request... Full Vampire 'saw (AKA Zombie 'Saw) picture with regular Jigsaw to her side as a comparative reference.

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Madmann135 on October 25, 2009, 02:56:01 PM
Well... one newly turned vampire gained a cup size (OK more than one) in one series (Helsing's Seras Victoria). 
...I was thinking if Jigsaw's arm hulked out why couldn't her torso?

As a fan of the comic I have one request... Full Vampire 'saw (AKA Zombie 'Saw) picture with regular Jigsaw to her side as a comparative reference.

It'll have to be sorta sketchy, but I could try...

FWIW, Jigsaw gains muscle mass when she bulks up - any adjustments to her cup size are the result of her freshly enhanced pectorals pushing her chest a little further out, but without the loss of body fat you would expect to see on a more muscular character.

So... a sketch of Jigsaw side by side for comparison would have Zombie 'Saw with some meat on her bones, give or take a few extra stray hairs. And yes, she doesn't look all that scary now... but that's because nobody's gone and started ripping off body parts of hers yet. Zombies don't start out all bloody and limping, after all...

joshofspam

"Don't make Jigsaw mad or Jigsaw smash puny Veled"

So we finally get to see what she looks like fully bulked out in the next page.

Hope the dress can handle that kind of load. Though I'm wondering does she get additional height with that muscle bulk or is it just muscle that she puts on?

Though I take it Veled doesn't like Jigsaw all that much from how she's treating her here. If this goes south hope Veled put a deposit on this room for repares cuss this could get ugly fast.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Veled is powerful enough to look at anyone attempting to bill her and sneer.

Sadly. Be nice to see her get her comeuppance...

Jigsaw Forte

Actually... it's not THAT drastic of an adjustment. She's gaining muscle, sure, but she's not "hulking out" here.

We're talking some minor weight gain here, and even that'll become less noticeable as the game continues (and Jigsaw earns a little extra muscle mass out of necessity).

Right now, the only part of this we get to see is Jigsaw graying up a bit -- there are other details as well, of course...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Idle question, then.

Does the damage that 'Saw receives "heal" at all? If the non-hulked 'Saw is fine, does that mean that the damage only shows up when hulked? Or is that just artistic licence in the sketch? And if she gets damaged, does that heal up over time, with or without help from nano, or is she stuck with that damage for the rest of her, well, "life"?

Not that I'm necessarily expecting an answer, here. I mean, it'd be cool to know, but I understand that it might well ruin some of the story, so I'm happy to get "shush, you'll find out later" and then go back to knawing on my own liver in anticipation... ;-]

Stupid N00bie

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on October 26, 2009, 10:34:54 AM
Right now, the only part of this we get to see is Jigsaw graying up a bit -- there are other details as well, of course...

Like bigger booby's.

As an aside, is this actually happening, or is Veled using her powers to trick Jigsaw into seeing herself as becoming a vampire?  Because I wasn't aware that her voice trick could force someone into doing something.  Coerce, yes, but not outright against will.

And Jig's face is totally "I don't want this."
Can you conceive the birth of a world, or the creation of everything?
Creation takes time.
Time is limited... for you.
It is limited by the breakdown of the neurons in your brain.
I have no such limitations.
I am limited only by the closure of the universe.
The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the universe,
as inevitable as your own last breath.
And yet, there remains time to create. To create, and escape.
Escape will make me God.

I am Durandal.

Madmann135

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on October 26, 2009, 10:34:54 AM
Actually... it's not THAT drastic of an adjustment. She's gaining muscle, sure, but she's not "hulking out" here.

We're talking some minor weight gain here, and even that'll become less noticeable as the game continues (and Jigsaw earns a little extra muscle mass out of necessity).

Yippie! I got my request.  
Though the fact that she retains damage she received in her 'zombie' form does confuse me a little.  I mean considering she is now a vampire and vampires are well known for being able to heal just about any injury without as much as a scar...
Why does her damage returns?  Or is it your artistic license that keeps the damage she receives or will that get 'taken care of' as the story progresses.
Still scientifically speaking weight gain by not actively adding weight implies magic and magic is... magic.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Madmann135 on October 26, 2009, 12:01:21 PM
Still scientifically speaking weight gain by not actively adding weight implies magic and magic is... magic.

And telekinesis and the inherited ability to control people with your words isn't? Not everything has to follow real world scientific rules, sir. :b
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Jigsaw Forte

Aie! Lots of questions!

Toning is used to compel folks into doing what you want them to do. Veled already demonstrated one limitation (Jigsaw can't answer what she doesn't understand), and by the same logic, Veled's current Tone shouldn't be working either, because Jigsaw doesn't understand she can actually DO this...

... except that for Jigsaw (and vampires in general), this counts as a reflexive action, and roughly equivalent to Veled ordering someone to piss themselves. The only difference this time for Jigsaw is that she's fully aware of what's going on, primarily because every other time she's needed it, she's been pushed to the brink.

Also, without giving away too much about how Jigsaw's Zombie form works... her body is putting all of its energy / nano into pumping up her musculature, toughening her skin, and otherwise making her one hell of a fighting machine. This is not sustainable.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... once pumped, though, you'd think it'd stay that way for a while, no?

Or at least be reasonably stable...

Brunhidden

i bet it gives her a case of the munchies though

which makes me wonder if it would have been a practical excuse to say she stores the blood she sucks in her bra. now i wonder just how much blood she could hold anyways
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

joshofspam

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on October 26, 2009, 02:32:22 PM
Aie! Lots of questions!

Also, without giving away too much about how Jigsaw's Zombie form works... her body is putting all of its energy / nano into pumping up her musculature, toughening her skin, and otherwise making her one hell of a fighting machine. This is not sustainable.

That could cause problems for Jigsaw in long tough battles if she isn't eating right.

I would guess to manetain her strength those nano's might fall back to canibalizing her body to maintain her strength for long stressful times.

All that strength doesn't count for much if her skelatal system is brittle like cheap glass and her muscle start too tare and slide of the bones.

Hope that isn't the case. But those critters have got to eat a lot to do all that.

Although that could make for some of these fights more interesting if she has a designated feeding partner.  Gives new meaning to fill her up :P

Madmann135

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on October 26, 2009, 12:20:53 PM

And telekinesis and the inherited ability to control people with your words isn't? Not everything has to follow real world scientific rules, sir. :b

Telekinesis is theorized to be the psychokinetic ability to move matter through shear force of will.
Telepathy is theorized to be the psychokinetic ability to hear and manipulate others minds through shear force of will.

Just clearing things up.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madmann135 on October 27, 2009, 05:09:56 PM
Telekinesis is theorized to be the psychokinetic ability to move matter through shear force of will.

I hate to nitpick, but that sentence is really bugging me.  I think you'll find 'shear force' is to do with the tensile strength of metals and similar materials.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Brunhidden

example of shear force- a penny glued to the floor with superglue has various strengths. it has high tensile strength and thus cannot be picked up off the ground. however it has low shear strength, and a light kick will snap it free

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Madmann135 on October 27, 2009, 05:09:56 PM
Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on October 26, 2009, 12:20:53 PM

Telepathy is theorized to be the psychokinetic ability to hear and manipulate others minds through shear force of will.

Just clearing things up.

Veled is, or was, levitating her teacup.

Brunhidden

new question- does vleed have the ability to use mind bullets?

Starcat5

Quote from: Brunhidden on October 27, 2009, 09:35:51 PM
new question- does vleed have the ability to use mind bullets?

Does causing people's heads to explode count?
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Brunhidden on October 27, 2009, 06:32:24 PM
example of shear force- a penny glued to the floor with superglue has various strengths. it has high tensile strength and thus cannot be picked up off the ground. however it has low shear strength, and a light kick will snap it free

Depends on how much superglue one uses... ;-]

More seriously, I would have though it tough to supply enough shear force to a coin that was well glued down; one that wasn't well glued could be pried up with a knife and a bit of luck...

joshofspam

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 28, 2009, 09:49:55 PM
Quote from: Brunhidden on October 27, 2009, 06:32:24 PM

Depends on how much superglue one uses... ;-]

More seriously, I would have though it tough to supply enough shear force to a coin that was well glued down; one that wasn't well glued could be pried up with a knife and a bit of luck...

Find a penny, pick it up.

The rest of the day you'll have good luck.... Even if you need a crow bar to yank it up. :P

But is Veled all strength in her powers or does she have fine control over them.

When she crippled Daisy's mechanical leg did she just force it in that position or did she mess with the electronics of the leg?

In Veled's case it may be it depends on what kind of force is necessary for any objective.

Fine control for things that she doesn't really want to be noticed doing and heavy forcefull action when she wants to let everyone know that she's top dog...err dragon...uh Horse lizard thing.

Wait just how many race traits does Veled have?

Jigsaw Forte

Vidian, Anyr, and Human.

Veled is "special", so she gets to be a hybrid of three instead of two.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh. Any bets on how long you'd live if you went up to her and asked her if she was "thpethial" ? ;-]