The City (OOC, closed until further notice)

Started by Boog, May 04, 2009, 05:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

Aisha, slight error:
Not to mention the bestial troll-wolf chewing on a mechanical disk before it was destroyed altogether
It was given a quick chomp, but it's not destroyed (yet). Just a minor detail.

And my stuff is suspicious? Heeeeee... :mwaha

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 18, 2009, 07:29:42 PM
Aisha, slight error:
Not to mention the bestial troll-wolf chewing on a mechanical disk before it was destroyed altogether
It was given a quick chomp, but it's not destroyed (yet). Just a minor detail.

And my stuff is suspicious? Heeeeee... :mwaha

Heh, sorry.  Scanning through the posts, the tone of the mood implied destroyed.  I'll tone it down then.  :P
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Myr

Ah, I keep forgetting to look at this too! But no biggie-looking over my replies it does sound rather like he did 'kill' the poor thing...

And truth to tell, I did mention an alternate line of probability with Glitch that'd been brought on by an odd moment of clarity amidst a state of punch-drunken awareness...Hmm, I should write that up just 'cause sometime...

Heheheh, and I'm only evil if you pay me to be evil...I think.
'I've seen monks try and cover their ears when they hear these haunting notes, but they just don't understand that your soul doesn't need ears to hear.' ~Malkithe

'Sanity is a spider clinging to a fluttering thread of web unaware of the fingers reaching for it, catching it, plopping it in my mouth....' ~Myr

Lisky

Hello fellow RPers,

Just giving everyone the heads up that i'm helping a friend move to cali, and i'm leaving tomorrow. I'll be gone for a week, but i'm bringing my laptop.  Internet connections may be a bit spotty, but i'll update when i get the chance.  I should be able to reply at least every other day so although delayed, i probably won't completely disappear.  Sorry for the inconvenience to you all.

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Gareeku

sorry if i'm being stupid, but what did Raek mean when he spoke to Gar and Aisha? :B

Myr

Er, sorry for the confusion!

What he meant was he's willing to be hired for work-kind of like a sword-for-hire, since he doesn't really have the aptitude to be a real adventurer on his own (Too likely to get frustrated at something, for one, and...well, he is a creature afterall...).

But...that's just how he talks-hard to make sense of at times unless you ask him to say it differently.

If you wonder what he meant by 'meat-sticker'...he's talking about swords, arrows, things like that.

'I've seen monks try and cover their ears when they hear these haunting notes, but they just don't understand that your soul doesn't need ears to hear.' ~Malkithe

'Sanity is a spider clinging to a fluttering thread of web unaware of the fingers reaching for it, catching it, plopping it in my mouth....' ~Myr

Sunblink

Hey guys. I'm going through a massive museless writer's block that's really draining a lot out of me, and I've been feeling kind of VERY FUCKING stressed as a result, so my first post is probably going to take a while.

This applies to a lot of my RPs at the time to every RP I'm in, frankly. So I do apologize. I just can't write lately.

EDIT (20/05/09): Edited to sound more appropriate. I am VERY FUCKING STRESSED. The slightest thing is setting me off.

Angel

The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Myr

Ouch, Keaton. All I can honestly say is I know your pain, being a writer myself...hopefully things tone down a bit for you though. I do have one suggestion that might help a little, however. Look up the song 'Mask' from the artist Keiko Matsui...

ShadesFox

good luck Keaton.  Having issues myself here.  I do have no nascent idea though...
The All Purpose Fox

Yugo

Name: Elenor Jyraneth
Species/Race: Wolf/Succubus

Physical Description
Height: 5'8''
Weight: 130 .lbs
Eyes: Cobalt blue
Fur Color: Peerless white all over, with a tail of the same color.
Hair: A solid, steely white, normally worn in a high ponytail that hangs down to about the small of her back.
Distinguishing Features: Contrasting her stark-white fur are a series of what appear to be sky-blue tattoos forming beautiful curlicues, twists, and various symbols on her entire body, including her face, ears, and tail. They appear to be, for all intents and purposes, deliberate, and a discerning mage might tell that they are inherently magical in nature. Her wings are leathery and bat-like, shaded similarly to her fur and edged with a black trim, although these are usually kept hidden in public. Although she is a shapeshifter, and can use her wings to change her outfit and appearance at will, Elenor's preferred clothing is a long strapless black dress adorned with blue lining.

Personality: On the outside, to those she is not familiar with, Elenor can be rather unsociable and secretive, politely pushing away attempts at conversation and introduction. While part of this is to maintain a low-profile and remain mostly inconspicuous, it is primarily because she does not really know how to genuinely acquaint herself with others not of her own clan. Decades and centuries of espionage and inquisitorial conduct followed by several more in isolation have made her accustomed to a life of secrecy and darkness, as real socialization in an unfamiliar society is stll quite alien to her. When confronted, she inadverdantly turns the tables, attempting to probe her acquaintances for whatever information she can gather, purely out of habit.

To the people she knows, which are dreadfully few and far between, Elenor is playful, talkative, and often very motherly and caring, even overprotective at times. She has nearly infinite patience, derived from years of serving a fickle and capricious leader, but becomes vindictive when she or her companions are openly threatened. Given enough time and frustration, these fits can blossom into a vendetta, but only in the gravest of incidents. As one might expect, Elenor is not the least bit phased by death, although her former habit of soul-stealing now disturbs her quite deeply. She is still in a time of personal crisis, as her entire belief system has broken apart and fallen down around her, leaving her unsure of what to do and where to go.

History: If one digs deeply enough, a determined researcher or historian will find accounts of the horror and terrible crimes inflicted upon the rest of the world by the Jyraneth clan, but Elenor herself has fallen into the dustbin of history, presumed dead by the rest of the world as most of her clan are, and she intends to keep up that myth for as long as she can. Formerly wanted for murder, espionage, soul-murder, and vast slew of other crimes, Elenor has blazed a long and infamous history for the centuries she was active within her clan, most of which she is vastly ashamed of, and will either remain silent or lash out furiously if asked personal questions regarding the matter, depending upon her mood.

After a few centuries of isolation, planning, and personal reflection, Elenor has struck out into the world once again, seeking her daughters, vainly hoping against hope that they might have survived her clan's decimation, although she knows there is almost no chance of succeeding. She will viciously hang onto her only fellow clan member and traveling companion, Katherine Jyraneth, doing her absolute best to watch over and protect the emotionally unstable (and quite possibly insane) succubus. Among these goals, she also has a deep desire to find some way of using her race's abilities to heal minds rather than break and extract information from them, to help Katherine and others, but so far all of her research has proved unsuccessful. As for her association with the Jyraneth Clan itself, only Katherine knows exactly how deeply her involvement with Jyraneth went, and she is as likely to discuss that as her own history.

Combat Abilities
Shadowstorm: Besides the obvious gifts such as wing-tentacles that all 'Cubi are granted with, Elenor's primary tool in physical combat is a powerful magical staff known as Shadowstorm. Gifted to her by Jyraneth herself upon her elevation to Judicator, it is a fearsome weapon in her hands. Crafted from iron, black like its namesake, it is nearly 6 feet long, with a gold tip at the butt, and a pentagram approximately the width of a human head at the top. Thick golden hoops pass through the star's gaps, jangling musically as the staff twists, flips, and floats through the air. The head has an unhealthy glow to it, like a form of non-light, and is the focus of the weapon's energy. The magic suffusing the implement can carve through some of the most tenacious materials, and so passes through flesh and bone with ease, seperating limbs and muscle tissue from its victim with little effort on its owner's part. When wielding her prized weapon, Elenor puts on a wonderfully acrobatic display, twirling the staff like a baton with a set rhythm and intent honed by decades to centuries of training and practice.

Magic: When it comes to magical abilities, Elenor tends to be very utilitarian. A jack of all trades and master of none, she does not wield particularly powerful magic, preferring to have the comfort of being able to fall back on her vast arrray of intermediate spells to assist herself, assist others, destroy, wound, or create a slew of other possible effects. Unfortunately, when faced with a more skilled and specialized mage, Elenor's magic tends to fail her, and is often reserved for defensive and healing purposes. The most powerful magic Elenor might summon is the Jyraneth Clan's trademark shadow-magic, but she lacks the training and desire to use it for killing and disabling her opponents, instead preferring to utilize it for more deceptive and stealthy purposes, such as hiding herself or creating visual illusions to frighten and confuse enemies.

Other Abilities of Note Like all 'cubi, Elenor can shapeshift, thought-read, and wield her wings as deadly tentacle-weapons. Physically, Elenor is frail, compensating for her lack of strength and endurance with her natural speed, agility, determination, and fury.

Trivia
-Although Keaton seriously advises Elenor to get herself a Warp-Aci, she lacks one, instead preffering to rely upon her own strength and ability rather than a strange ally such as a Warp-Aci.

I kind of copped out on her history, but I needed to finish this profile. Here's hoping she's accepted. :D
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

techmaster-glitch

Yugo added to character index. Yugo and Kafziel awaiting confirmed approval.

Also waiting on a link to the Character Index to be added to the first post...hint-hint, nudge-nudge...

Boog

Kafzeil: Approved. Oooh, I can do things with this character... *grins*

Yugo: Approved, and about damn time  >:3

Kafzeil

Oh...and what kinds of things are you plotting?i think  we might operating on the same wavelength...*grins back*
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Cogidubnus

I will point out that any words of actions of Giles do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or intentions of his creator. :B - Basically, Giles is sort of rough and I don't mean to really offend anybody with him.

Edit: (I couldn't resist Tipod! I regret notheeeeeeeng!)

Mao

Kafzeil, just a note:  I'm not sure what would make your character assume Mao is blind, or a rabbit.  His features are pretty mixed between feline and hare and aside from the fact that he generally doesn't open his eyes,  there wouldn't be any indication that he can't see... because were he to bother to, he could see just fine. :B

Tipod

No offense taken, Cog. I pretty much expected Payden to get a reaction like that sooner or later :V
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

Kafzeil

Jinx is generally one to make quick judgements, and not one to analyze until he actually needs to. He merely assumed because Mao's eyes are closed, he can't see, and assumes because he doesn't open, there's something wrong with them. I could change it if you want.

And he said 'rabbit...thing', meaning he's not really to sure what to make of Mao. The hare part is what Jinx assumed he was at first, before noticing something was off. As for the hare and rabbits are different thing...Jinx never cared much for the details.  :B
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Angel

Regarding Payden and Cog: Typing what I did felt strangely cathartic. I think it was relief at giving Kali the chance to let off some steam and protect poor Mykst from being caught in the crossfire of a fight. So thank you for that opportunity, and no hard feelings I hope. :B

(Translation: Don't hurt me.)
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Black_angel on May 22, 2009, 12:06:48 AM
Regarding Payden and Cog: Typing what I did felt strangely cathartic. I think it was relief at giving Kali the chance to let off some steam and protect poor Mykst from being caught in the crossfire of a fight. So thank you for that opportunity, and no hard feelings I hope. :B

(Translation: Don't hurt me.)

Myskt: How many assholes we got around here anyhow?!
*Most of the bar stands up*
Myskt: I knew it, we're surrounded by assholes.

(Also, it is strangely cathartic! But this is probably for the best in the long run. :3)

Mao

Quote from: Kafzeil on May 21, 2009, 11:02:22 PM
Jinx is generally one to make quick judgements, and not one to analyze until he actually needs to. He merely assumed because Mao's eyes are closed, he can't see, and assumes because he doesn't open, there's something wrong with them. I could change it if you want.

And he said 'rabbit...thing', meaning he's not really to sure what to make of Mao. The hare part is what Jinx assumed he was at first, before noticing something was off. As for the hare and rabbits are different thing...Jinx never cared much for the details.  :B

No worries, I just wanted to know.  It didn't seem like that much time had passed so I wasn't sure where he got the info to come to that, but given that he jumps to conclusions quite easily it makes sense. :3

lucas marcone

since boog didnt think my other character would fit in as is i decided to make another one.

Name: Victor dandin
Species/Race: american badger, sentiant
Physical Description:
height 6 foot(or equivilant)
weight 200lbs(or equivilant)
fur pattern usual badger fur
clothes worn black leather jacket(depending on temperature), band shirt for the "Screamin pixiez", wedding ring, worn blue jeans(depending on temp) or long denim shorts, senseable two tone black and tan suade skater shoes
Personality: laid back(stoner), slow to rouse to anger but when he is he'll let you know
History:raised in suburbia as a child he got into the usual rebelious things. his father tried to get him into what he consided traditional manly activities to no avail, until he bought him his first pistol a cheap little piece of crap that jammed all the time and looked flimsy but he took to it like a duck to water. he left home at 18 to go live in some tweeker pad in the city. eventually his roommate offered him some weed and he hasnt been able to put it down since. around age 26 he moved out and in with his long time female of ambiguious relationship status, three months later he got tired of the harping and they were married. he never stopped hateing her for reattaching the suburban chain to him.
Combat Abilities: bar brawl level5,  improvised cudgel level2, intimidate level 4, gunsmanship level7 all levels out of 15 for scale
Other abilities of note: deceptive intellegance
Trivia: embarassed of his large hands and huge feet
equipment: twin M1911 pistol
                  Ruger Mini-14(semi auto with scope)

techmaster-glitch

Giving Shades a little nudge there, or did you two work this out beforehand, Hobo? :3

ShadesFox

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 22, 2009, 10:00:03 PM
Giving Shades a little nudge there, or did you two work this out beforehand, Hobo? :3
There was a little prepost work yes ;p
The All Purpose Fox

Teh_Hobo

Quote from: ShadesFox on May 22, 2009, 10:06:53 PM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 22, 2009, 10:00:03 PM
There was a little prepost work yes ;p
Quite.
One week in air, two weeks in water, two weeks in water, eight weeks in ground.

Boog

Important detail of note, as judging by some people's posts I think there might be a little confusion over this. The town and the Inn are separate from the City. As mentioned, nobody lives there on purpose. The town was built close enough to reap the benefits of tourism, but they keep their distance.

Teh_Hobo

One week in air, two weeks in water, two weeks in water, eight weeks in ground.

ShadesFox

The All Purpose Fox

Cogidubnus

Tipod, do you want Giles to start setting the bar on fire? :V

Tipod

Not necessarily, but I think Payden would jump on any excuse to arrest Giles at this point :U
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."