Bills suck.

Started by Turnsky, April 06, 2009, 12:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Zedd

Tapewolf

Have you considered a spot cameo auction or something?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 06, 2009, 08:58:45 AM
Have you considered a spot cameo auction or something?

that is an idea.

Mao

I've seen how your cameo's go...

Tapewolf

Kabbalist

I believe the term you're looking for is "blaaaaaarrrg!" At least, that's the way I react to unexpectedly large bills.

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Turnsky

ShadesFox

Wow, things just keep getting more and more interesting for you aren't they?
The All Purpose Fox

Turnsky

Quote from: ShadesFox on April 10, 2009, 09:22:53 PM
Wow, things just keep getting more and more interesting for you aren't they?

"define interesting"

"oh god oh god we're all gonna die?"

pretty much.

Turnsky

smallish update: as some folks from the chat would attest, last night my mother not only dislocated, but broke her ankle, this may give me some peace and tranquility for a little while, amid numerous phonecalls.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on April 11, 2009, 08:54:14 AM
smallish update: as some folks from the chat would attest, last night my mother not only dislocated, but broke her ankle, this may give me some peace and tranquility for a little while, amid numerous phonecalls.

Ugh.  I've been there... a fun new year that was.  I hope she makes a swift recovery.

EDIT:
(To clarify, it wasn't my ankle, it was my stepmother's)

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 11, 2009, 09:06:06 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on April 11, 2009, 08:54:14 AM

Ugh.  I've been there... a fun new year that was.  I hope she makes a swift recovery.

EDIT:
(To clarify, it wasn't my ankle, it was my stepmother's)

more cosmic humor at my expense, helping my mother yesterday, i tweaked my knee, when i got up this morning, amongst the pain, it was like a grapefruit.. it was that swollen.

Kabbalist

Turnsky, it sounds like you just can't win for losing lately.  :erk

I'm really sorry to hear that life has decided to carpet bomb you with lemons lately, and I wish you all the best luck in turning those lemons into something more palatable. Lemonade, lemon mousse, lemon sherbet, lemon drops, lemon icing, whatever the heck you can come up with to turn things around. Keep on keeping on.

Turnsky

Quote from: Kabbalist on April 14, 2009, 02:34:36 AM
Turnsky, it sounds like you just can't win for losing lately.  :erk

I'm really sorry to hear that life has decided to carpet bomb you with lemons lately, and I wish you all the best luck in turning those lemons into something more palatable. Lemonade, lemon mousse, lemon sherbet, lemon drops, lemon icing, whatever the heck you can come up with to turn things around. Keep on keeping on.

that's all i can do, sadly.. irony is that my knee's still fairly sore, and with my mother out of action, i gotta walk all over the place.. hopefully some relatives will be kind enough to let me tag along when they go on their shopping expeditions.

Turnsky

Quote from: Turnsky's blog

So yeah, one of my cats, Loki, got into something he shouldn't, and burnt his tongue as a result...

$172.30 is the vet's bill.....

*sigh*

Everybody wants mah money, dammit!

Edlt: and to add further insult to proverbial injury, Car registration came in, $275.02

Goddammit. i'm behind in any commissions that i do owe already due to circumstances beyond my control, but any help you can lend a poor, frazzled artist would be appreciated immensely.

So yeah, long story short, i need help, i'm behind in commissions as it stands, so i can't with a clear conscience accept any more, i need ideas/help with this, truth be told, fundraising somehow, i suppose..

again, any ideas?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on May 21, 2009, 11:31:45 AM
again, any ideas?

Spot cameo auction.  Managing the auction itself might be a hassle, that may enough to make it a problem.  But it has the distinct advantage that adding someone into the background of a comic isn't really much effort beyond what you're already doing.

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 21, 2009, 11:49:36 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on May 21, 2009, 11:31:45 AM
again, any ideas?

Spot cameo auction.  Managing the auction itself might be a hassle, that may enough to make it a problem.  But it has the distinct advantage that adding someone into the background of a comic isn't really much effort beyond what you're already doing.

There's an idea, i might see if i can pick Amber's brains about it, as she has previous experience with it..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on May 21, 2009, 11:56:52 AM
There's an idea, i might see if i can pick Amber's brains about it, as she has previous experience with it..

I'm not Amber, but as an educated guess, she'll say "Don't try to run the auction yourself".  Probably best to use something like furbid.

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 21, 2009, 11:58:41 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on May 21, 2009, 11:56:52 AM

I'm not Amber, but as an educated guess, she'll say "Don't try to run the auction yourself".  Probably best to use something like furbid.

pity i don't know the first thing about furbid =/

also, this sums up my mood right now.

"oh hai kidneys" *punt*

edit: i'd love to hug this "brian colson" fellow right now, he managed to knock a good chunk off my stress level.  :3

120 down, 155 to go, wheee.  :U

ShadesFox

Ugh, ninja bills for the lose.

*edit*
Chucked a bit of cash into the pot too.  Because kitties named Loki need to live!
The All Purpose Fox

Turnsky

Quote from: ShadesFox on June 24, 2009, 12:58:08 AM
Ugh, ninja bills for the lose.

*edit*
Chucked a bit of cash into the pot too.  Because kitties named Loki need to live!

\o/

:3

Turnsky

again..

\o/

thanks to all you kind people, i've got enough to make it now...

just haveta wait for paypal to dump into my bank account, so i can dump it into the vehicle authority's.