07/18/08 [DMFA #923] - A genre savy villian

Started by thegayhare, July 18, 2008, 01:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

Wow DP is a really genre savvy villian here

thats gotta be harsh though to watch hanna blasted to cinders in the blink of an eye like that

*winces*

Ganurath

...Explain to me how Dan is able to fight this guy? Badass was his starting class, and he's in the epic levels!
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Pagan

Alright, forget respect. I'm in love.

Sorry to see Hannah go. Gonna miss the dead tail, but dag. That man's awesome.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

ChaoSynergy

"Hannah's Law of DMFA: If a character is portrayed as having been killed, but is then found to not be dead, they will inevitably truly end up dead towards the end of the story arc."

RIP Deadbun :(

Jairus

Shoot! Amber, you actually had him do it. You actually killed Hannah. You have transformed DP in my eyes and raised him to truly epic levels. He practically defines the concept of Dangerously Genre Savvy. Dang. I cannot wait for Monday. And Abel's Story is getting an update! Just out of curiosity, does that spell have a name, or is it just a kill anything I shoot at" spell?

Now I need to sit in a corner and think through the implications of these events.

Oh, and that's a really cool story about the snake, Amber. My mom did something similar once, except it was a dachshund puppy and he was hiding in her overalls.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Mao

Well, that sucks.  I guess I can just hope that making the undead won't be and isn't the only mistake DP made/makes.  It's a long shot in this case but I'm content to sit and wait.  Great comic!  Dp's style is quite nice. :D

Pagan

I'm just wondering, did the clerk think this normal or was he freaked?
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Aleolus

O.O  GET A TRUE RESURRECTION SPELL READY, STAT!!  WE CAN STILL SAVE HER!  Dan, keep DP occupied long enough for us to bring Hanna back!

LigerJet

Hannah!  ;.;  ...A dead undead?  My mind hurts.  Watch.  She'll be an animated swirl of sentient cinders now.

AmigaDragon

Or perhaps she had some kind of shielding spell up (at the last second?) and he merely assumed she'd be finished and turned around before making sure.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Jairus

Quote from: AmigaDragon on July 18, 2008, 03:22:22 AM
Or perhaps she had some kind of shielding spell up (at the last second?) and he merely assumed she'd be finished and turned around before making sure.

Sure, and it was just a shadow clone Jiraiya during that last battle...

I'm sorry to sound so calloused, but I'd be extremely surprised if she isn't finished off and fully dead.

Pagan

I hoping she is. I'd lose respect for the scene if she survived. Sides, with undead it's really only a yes or no. Either her brain is gone or it's not. The reaminated get no defeated speeches.

Uh... what's the trope term for that? I've forgotten.

Omega

"I knew that trick long before your great-grandmother's great-grandmother was born"

Jairus

Quote from: Pagan on July 18, 2008, 03:30:59 AM
I hoping she is. I'd lose respect for the scene if she survived. Sides, with undead it's really only a yes or no. Either her brain is gone or it's not. The reaminated get no defeated speeches.

Uh... what's the trope term for that? I've forgotten.

I was going to go through and post links to all of the possibilities, but I found a much neater and less time-consuming method...

Behold The Death Tropes page! It'll be in there! Have fun.

Pagan

You suck, Jay. Now I'll be there all night.

Jairus

Quote from: Pagan on July 18, 2008, 03:37:58 AM
You suck, Jay. Now I'll be there all night.

Hmhmhmhm... hehehehehe... mwhehehehe... mwahahahaha... MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!! *cue lightning strike and thunder clap*

Okay, I feel better now. Evil Jairus has returned to the depths of my mind. And you're welcome, Pagan. And to anyone who has never been to the TV Tropes before... good luck. See you in a lifetime or so.

Zedd

Tapewolf

Pity.  Still, it gives Dan a motive to kick DP's ass, now, though I still don't see how he will.
I can see I'm going to have some sound-design fun tonight...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Amber Williams

Quote from: Pagan on July 18, 2008, 02:10:43 AM
I'm just wondering, did the clerk think this normal or was he freaked?

Thankfully I went to the store that specialized in reptiles...thus this wasnt the most crazy of things they likely saw. It helped that I had also explained I was pet sitting and the heat-lamp had gone out and my place was particularly air conditioned.  Still, it was kind of an awkward thing for me. :U

Quote from: Jairus on July 18, 2008, 02:06:40 AM
Just out of curiosity, does that spell have a name, or is it just a kill anything I shoot at" spell?

Funny you should ask. *puts on her nerd-goggles*

This is, in fact, a particular spell albeit it is lacking a name at the time...mainly cause Dark Pegasus hasnt really patented it or made it common enough to really warrent one.  While it can be a painful and fatal spell to anything it hits, its prime target is in fact the Undead.  It would make sense, seeing as few creatures likely know as much as Dark Pegasus about the innerworkings of the magic that created the Undead.

It's basically a two-fold spell. One part of the spell will pretty much negate the very magic that holds an Undead together so-to-speak and releases the soul from the body, the other half is what tends to reduce the body to a cinder.  Without the magics that hold the Undead together, the body is a lot more vulnerable to being disintigrated.  On the flipside, casting this spell on a living body will make it impossible for said individual to become Undead...though odds are there wouldn't be enough left to go Undead anyways...but just saying.

Sofox

Awww, I liked Hannah.

And DP is right by the way. My Dad says the best way to hang up on someone is while you're talking to them, especially if you are in the middle of one of your main points. People never expect someone to hang up while they're talking.

Don

Despite all that has happened mu own respect for Pegasus has risen as well..

His intellect seemingly far surpasses that of other dark side members I've seen, and for one to be as strategical and organized as him (even though he's still in the midst of putting his plans together) I can't help but admire that.

I'm still curious about his future goals though, the whole bit with the dark god..there's not even a small background on what this supposed god is capable of and why Pegasus even wants to really revive him.

I try not to question the motive of a person but Pegasus has proven to be an interesting demon.

Wanderer

Quote from: Ganurath on July 18, 2008, 01:48:32 AM
...Explain to me how Dan is able to fight this guy? Badass was his starting class, and he's in the epic levels!
Because he lost all of that somewhere? Read back to his first appearance in DMFA.

llearch n'n'daCorna

The whole snake thing amuses me.

I have friends who keep a snake, and I wouldn't want to do that with her; she's a 9 ft constrictor. They call her Lucy. She's about 5 inches across. Seriously. She eats hares. Whole hares. One every month to six weeks.

Lovely snake, but do _not_ get between her and lunch. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Don

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 18, 2008, 07:07:59 AM
The whole snake thing amuses me.

I have friends who keep a snake, and I wouldn't want to do that with her; she's a 9 ft constrictor. They call her Lucy. She's about 5 inches across. Seriously. She eats hares. Whole hares. One every month to six weeks.

Lovely snake, but do _not_ get between her and lunch. ;-]

Duly noted..  :erk

I've never been a fan of snakes, while they are interesting there the kind of animal i like to view from afar, like on television or at a zoo, up close snakes are one of the things that give me that 'staring at death' feeling.

AriRashkae

:is now totally in love with DP:

Although, Amber, do we ever find out what happens to his horn? By the time of his first appearance, it's (at best) a bump.

A coworker once brought in her baby boa when I was pregnant with my first son. Since my body temp was naturally higher due to my condition, it slithered up my arm and nestled in my bra under my boob.  :cool

Mao

Quote from: Amber Williams on July 18, 2008, 05:19:38 AM

Funny you should ask. *puts on her nerd-goggles*

This is, in fact, a particular spell albeit it is lacking a name at the time...mainly cause Dark Pegasus hasnt really patented it or made it common enough to really warrent one.  While it can be a painful and fatal spell to anything it hits, its prime target is in fact the Undead.  It would make sense, seeing as few creatures likely know as much as Dark Pegasus about the innerworkings of the magic that created the Undead.

It's basically a two-fold spell. One part of the spell will pretty much negate the very magic that holds an Undead together so-to-speak and releases the soul from the body, the other half is what tends to reduce the body to a cinder.  Without the magics that hold the Undead together, the body is a lot more vulnerable to being disintigrated.  On the flipside, casting this spell on a living body will make it impossible for said individual to become Undead...though odds are there wouldn't be enough left to go Undead anyways...but just saying.

Ah well, I guess that quashes alot of my hope right there.  Either way: sad to see her go, can't wait to see where this all goes. :D

I know next to nothing about snakes as pets, but I've got to give you a lot of credit for your diligence in it's care.  I'm not afraid of snakes personally but I'm sure it takes a special kinda of guts to let one take up residence on your person while you rush to care for it.  That's pretty awesome.

Madmann135

*calls in Orihime Inoue to revive Hanna by undoing the attack*
If I wan in Dan's position I would want to kill and rekill that jerk every time he came around and if I could I would find a way to make Dark Pegasus into a zombie then blast him with his own attack.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Zedd

Vey victus... suffering to the conquered.  Ironic that now Dan was the one suffering

Alondro

*Charline is pleased*  That's much better evil.  A blast right in the middle of speaking certainly does catch heroes by surprise.  Of course, it's even better to catch them in the middle of one of their heroic monologues.  They're totally un-prepared for that.

The hero's all like, "I won't let you harm the innocent anymore, wicked Charline!  You may claim your powers are so vast that the universe will be yours, but so long as I'm..."  KZAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPP!!!  Then after the hero's reduced to a little smoking ash pile, I can't help but slip in a little sarcasm.  You know, something like, "Sorry, didn't catch that last part.  Your vaporization was a bit noisy."  And then I go off and eat more children.   >:3

DP here kinda reminds me of the creatures in "Akatsuki", actually.  Not really classic 'bad guy' yet, just after his own plans while other creatures and beings are after him.  I like it because the ayakashi aren't given the typical one-sided evil-monster thing.  They have good reasons for killing the horrid humans, because the humans keep killing them and they're just trying to protect their own kind!  Frankly, I think they have much more right, because they have powers and stuff, and might makes right!  But I may be biased. *has powers, is a monster, likes to eat people... and loves to be evil*

Of course, since this is a serious pseudo-realism ideology the story's getting into, the comic must never have humor again.  No, it must now become filled with emo and angst as Dan struggles to define himself, his mind torn assunder as he is pulled back and forth between Beings and Creatures.  Jyrras turns to mass Creature-killing with his WMDs and Dan is forced to slay his old friend by order of the Creature Council!  Merlitz is caught in an ambush and dies thinking of how he wished he could have died in Arry's wing-tentacles instead... for he still loved her!  And Dan finds out that the ambush was not set by Creatures, but by Being theives!  Then, upon going out to have vengeance, he is seen killing them with his Cubi powers and called a monster by villagers!  Then adventurers come after him and he's forced to kill them to defend himself... and they're all his old adventuring friends!  And he goes into a bout of intense depression and self-loathing that lets Destania creep back into his life and convince him to join her plans!  And the dragon race is destroyed all except for Pyroduck... who gets killed by Destania in front of Dan's eyes!  And then Dan, realizing at last his mother's evil is forced to kill his own mother!  And it drives him to madness, out alone into the wastelands a last, great Creature-Being war erupts and extinguishes all life!  Then at last, Dan kills himself after shouting to the void the futility of life.  I see it going the way of "Wolf's Rain", becoming so utterly depressing as one character after another dies a tragic and horrible lonely death, to the point where we'll all want to commit suicide by the end!  Yay!   :boogie

*Charles interjects foolishly*  Well, no.  The Fae can't be killed, so they'll always be around.  And if they don't like the way things are going, they can just do the god thing and put things back how they want.  And let's not forget, Mab is always watching.  I doubt she'd let events get out of hand.

*Charline grrs*  Stop ruining my happy fantasies of sorrow and misery!  *mauls Charles*  Stupid Fae and their all-powerful Deus ex Machina-ness...  >:[
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

kaskar

I have yet to see how the killer spork works ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...