[Art] Cheerleader Ziggy

Started by Ren Gaulen, February 10, 2008, 08:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ren Gaulen

While I am still working on the Black Jackal PK (and trying to come up with a good design for the Burning Mouse >:3), I have also drawn two pictures that I have promised Keaton to draw for a long time.
According to Keats, this would be the first coloured picture of Tikal. And I have a feeling that I have messed up the colouring.. :sweatdrop Well, it's never too late to fix it! :B

Yesterday I had a conversation with Keats and she said something about those fluffy things on his ears, something along the lines of them being "nibbleable" (yes, that's a word now). It gave me a good idea for a chibi picture. In fact, if Tikal here is a chibi, than Zig who is nibbling Tikal's ear is, apparently, a Double Chibi!

Tapewolf

Nice.  Tikal isn't someone we get to see very often.  I just wish I could remember what species he is.  Presumably jackal, after Keaton, since his daddy was an owl?  I had always assumed his fur was yellow.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jairus

Ooh, cool. Um... what is Tikal? I mean, job-wise? He looks sort of like a priest of some kind. As for chibi-Tikal and chibi-chibi Ziggy...

EEEEEEEEEE!!!!! TOO CUTE!!! *collapses in diabetic shock while Jyrras screams "Deebs, get the insulin!"*

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 14, 2008, 10:33:22 AMWhile I am still working on the Black Jackal PK (and trying to come up with a good design for the Burning Mouse >:3)...
Dude, don't feel like you have to rush the Burning Mouse. I wanna see the Black Jackal.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on September 14, 2008, 12:18:54 PM
Ooh, cool. Um... what is Tikal? I mean, job-wise? He looks sort of like a priest of some kind.
He is.  IIRC this was the first time he was unveiled:
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,2022.msg145430.html#msg145430
...just shy of a year ago.

See also:
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php?topic=2022.msg150954#msg150954

Ren Gaulen

EEEEEEEEEE!!!!! TOO CUTE!!! *collapses in diabetic shock while Jyrras screams "Deebs, get the insulin!"*
*produces on of Dr. Ink's larger syringes from the Arsenal* Don't worry, Jai-tan! I'll save you!!! >:D

Dude, don't feel like you have to rush the Burning Mouse. I wanna see the Black Jackal.
..It will have an anti-tank rifle of some two meters long... And the Burning Mouse will probably have a flamer to justify its name...

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 14, 2008, 12:23:23 PM

See also:
Thanks. To tell the truth I didn't have the time to look up Tikal's backstory myself yet.

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 14, 2008, 12:31:02 PM
*produces on of Dr. Ink's larger syringes from the Arsenal* Don't worry, Jai-tan! I'll save you!!! >:D
*spontaneously cures self of diabetic shock to avoid the giant needle* AAUUGH! I'm fine!

..It will have an anti-tank rifle of some two meters long... And the Burning Mouse will probably have a flamer to justify its name...
Like the Mark I Iron Man? :D Does this mean at one point I get to say "My turn"?

And dude, seriously you don't need to rush it: my birthday isn't for three weeks you've done a few things for me, you've got other stuff you have to do.

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 14, 2008, 12:23:23 PM

See also:
Thanks. To tell the truth I didn't have the time to look up Tikal's backstory myself yet.
Naughty Ren. To tell the truth, that's an amazing backstory for Keaton and Tikal.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Sunblink

BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Don't worry, Ren, these pictures were definitely worth the wait. I love them! >:3 Tikal looks great in your style, although I do apologize for the complexity of his markings :< They're a pain in the ass to draw, aren't they? Especially if you try to make them look consistent despite the fact they're just a bunch of scribbly symbols. But I digress. Either way, I love the pictures. I finally have a color reference of mah bishie baby! XD Thank you so much, Ren. :tighthug

As for the chibi, I lol'd HARD. I can't believe I inspired you like that! XD Tikal looks so neurotic and adorable trying to tug Ziggy off of his ear. Ziggy himself looks adorable. Plus, it's pretty good to see that you're experimenting with shading your pictures. Chibis and more simplistic images are a good way to practice. I can give you some advice if you'd liiiiike...

Thank you so much, Ren. :3 As you requested, I am using your avatar.

and
Naughty Ren. To tell the truth, that's an amazing backstory for Keaton and Tikal.

Thank you very much. To Ren and Jairus, I can give you guys the whole story via PM if you'd like. Tape and a few others have already heard, but I enjoy spreadin' the love. >:3

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 14, 2008, 11:38:52 AM
Nice.  Tikal isn't someone we get to see very often.  I just wish I could remember what species he is.  Presumably jackal, after Keaton, since his daddy was an owl?  I had always assumed his fur was yellow.

Tikal is indeed a black-backed jackal, making him a bit of an anomaly since Cubi hybrid children typically take after the non-Cubi parent. :3 I didn't realize this until after the Hybrid Genetics arc, but then I decided, since I liked Tikal as a jackal more, I'd just keep him the way he was and excuse his resemblance to his mother on inexplicably miraculous genetics. Heaven knows we don't want a duplicate of his father running around.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on September 14, 2008, 12:43:27 PM
So if I call you 'Ren' by mistake, you'll know why  >:3

Ren Gaulen

Thanks, Keats! *sheds (manly) tears of joy*
As for the chibi, I lol'd HARD. I can't believe I inspired you like that! XD Tikal looks so neurotic and adorable trying to tug Ziggy off of his ear. Ziggy himself looks adorable. Plus, it's pretty good to see that you're experimenting with shading your pictures. Chibis and more simplistic images are a good way to practice. I can give you some advice if you'd liiiiike...
Well, how would you look if something like that was trying to nibble off your ear? >:3 And do give Ren some advice. :3

We serve the Emperor in all things! :C Also, thank you. :3

Quote from: Jairus on September 14, 2008, 12:38:08 PM
*spontaneously cures self of diabetic shock to avoid the giant needle* AAUUGH! I'm fine!
I... must.. HEAL!!! *gives chase*

And the Burning Mouse will probably have a flamer to justify its name...
Like the Mark I Iron Man? :D Does this mean at one point I get to say "My turn"?
..Maybe.. >:3

Heh.. You don't know the details of Ziggy's backstory (well, Keaton knows)... >:] I'd have posted it, but then I'll probably have to edit a great part of it so it won't cause people to freak out.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Tikal is indeed a black-backed jackal, making him a bit of an anomaly since Cubi hybrid children typically take after the non-Cubi parent. :3 I didn't realize this until after the Hybrid Genetics arc, but then I decided, since I liked Tikal as a jackal more, I'd just keep him the way he was and excuse his resemblance to his mother on inexplicably miraculous genetics. Heaven knows we don't want a duplicate of his father running around.

Typically, they take after the Being parent, I thought. I don't think Amber has said what happens with more powerful creatures, yet.

I think the closest she's come to saying is that the child takes after the -weaker- parent, which, in Angel vs Cubi, might well be the Cubi. Or did I miss something?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Is it just me, or does Tikal's expression in the main picture look a little sinister?  E.g.
"Ah, the maidens.  They have outlived their usefulness.  Destroy them."

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 14, 2008, 03:39:41 PM
Is it just me, or does Tikal's expression in the main picture look a little sinister?  E.g.
"Ah, the maidens.  They have outlived their usefulness.  Destroy them."

I think it looks more like she's sad about something. Maybe the maidens.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Dannysaysnoo on September 14, 2008, 03:50:38 PM
I think it looks more like she's sad about something. Maybe the maidens.
Tikal is a "he". :3

Dannysaysnoo

Brunhidden

i have the urge to steal Tikal's outfit, as it is the awesome and i wanna wear it.... however naked Tikal is a price i am willing to pay
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Ren Gaulen

And now for something completely, COMPLETELY different. But first, I want to make it clear that it was Zedd's idea.
First of all, I want to say that I went through half a dozen of names for this picture (including such as "The Other Icon of Sin" - those who played "DOOM 2" will get it) and "Yaoi has won" was chosen because it both fitted the picture and sounded funny (albeit kinda scary); it does not imply anything (it does not >:[). Also, chibi Keaton and Ren popping out of the background were considered absolutely hilarious by at least three people while I was drawing it. Also, I deliberately tried to make the picture as gay as possible (I even made the background pink and added some sparkles :sweatdrop). Also, Zig isn't acting a bit out of character here (Ren is, because he isn't known for randomly screaming "Heresy!"; I am, however >:3). Also, I hope Keaton and Zedd won't fight over Ziggy. :3 Also: I REGRET NOTHING!!! :O

Janus Whitefurr

That is not yaoi. That is shonen-ai/boys love. YES I AM PEDANTIC.

Also, there's not enough pink.

NOT ENOUGH.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Ren Gaulen

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on September 16, 2008, 05:40:58 AM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 16, 2008, 05:39:45 AM
I CAN BARELY HANDLE THIS AMOUNT OF PINK!!! D:

NOT ENOUGH!  >:3
*falls to his knees, shaking his fists in the air* PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINK!!!!!! D:<

Tapewolf

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on September 16, 2008, 05:37:10 AM

I don't think it's being pedantic.  If my (limited) understanding is correct, yaoi would be NSFW, so I think it's a pretty important difference  :B

Ren Gaulen

It's "yaoi" merely because "sonen-ai" is longer and isn't as easy to yell (and because I think of these words as synonyms). :P Also, yaoi may follow. :3 (No, I'm not drawing it :paranoid)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 16, 2008, 05:43:35 AM
Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on September 16, 2008, 05:37:10 AM
I don't think it's being pedantic.  If my (limited) understanding is correct, yaoi would be NSFW, so I think it's a pretty important difference  :B

I'm inclined to agree.

Shonen-ai (and not Shonen, A.I.) implies yaoi, but doesn't actually draw it. Yaoi is out and out NSFW.

... not that I'm suggesting Ren draw that, mind.

Janus Whitefurr

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on September 16, 2008, 05:56:59 AM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 16, 2008, 05:42:58 AM
*the picture*
:erk
I wasn't asking for more pink, Janus.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 16, 2008, 05:59:13 AM
Real Men Wear Pink. ;-]
Or do not wear pink. Because they are Real Men, and it is their choice! :C

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 16, 2008, 05:51:26 AM
I'm inclined to agree.

Shonen-ai (and not Shonen, A.I.) implies yaoi, but doesn't actually draw it. Yaoi is out and out NSFW.
... not that I'm suggesting Ren draw that, mind.

Even if it doesn't show it, I'm not sure I want that word on my screen at work, just in case someone knows what it means :paranoid

Zedd

Well I rather enjoyed it...even if um..yeah *hides somewhere*

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 16, 2008, 06:00:40 AM
*the picture*

I have resources beyond your wildest dreams and nightmares. Remember for the future. NEEDS MORE PINK.  :mwaha :mwaha

Zedd

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on September 16, 2008, 06:14:47 AM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 16, 2008, 06:00:40 AM
*the picture*

I have resources beyond your wildest dreams and nightmares. Remember for the future. NEEDS MORE PINK.  :mwaha :mwaha
Now now..Any pinker and swear I will be thinking I am that fox of yours...*bolts*