Ask the All Purpose Fox - The Next Generation!

Started by Azlan, May 12, 2007, 10:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azlan

This marks the new, modern installment of the classic Ask the All Purpose Fox the Original Series!  Filled with lots of spiffy CGI, bad acting and hot fox action!

The rules are very simple.  You ask questions and we will provide answers.  We, being members of the AP team.
No promises on what kind of answer though, it can be informative, sarcastic, misleading, non-sequitor or comical.  So tally ho!

PS: Answering in the form of a question is in fact cheating and will result in extreme burnination.

Also, rhetorical questions will be answered at random.  Please also note that this is standard policy for all questions, but this case warrants special attention.

Lastly and most importantly, this is NOT a forum help thread.  Forum related questions will be treated as rhetorical questions.  We are just as inclined to dip people in chocolate and toss them to the fire ants as answer their questions.

If you have any real forum questions they should be PM'd to a forum moderator or posted in the appropriate forum located here ----> http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Oh yes, a list of APFs and friends.

All Purpose Foxes:
Shadesfox
Azlan
Gabi

Other All Purpose Team members:
Tiger_T
Kenji (the AP formerly known as FireKatKid)
Fresnor
Poofyspikes
Furry Freak
Gareeku
Eibbor_N
Roureem Egas

Official tea bringer:
Eibbor_N

Official punisher:
Ink

PPS: Sorry for jumping the gun Shadsey, but I thought I ought to this once.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

llearch n'n'daCorna

May I make a suggestion about the phrasing of the opener?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Azlan

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 13, 2007, 03:54:15 AM
May I make a suggestion about the phrasing of the opener?

What is it now... oh boxed one?

llearch n'n'daCorna

"If you have any real forum questions they should be PM'd to a forum moderator, not the APFs."
followed by:
"The correct forum for asking questions about the forums is here http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0"

.. you're suggesting two different methods as both being "the right way" While you're correct, it's likely to confuse those poor souls who don't listen carefully.

Wouldn't it be better to list both as options, rather than opposing One True Ways?

... Not that I'm trying to answer a question, here, of course. *cough* That'd be against the rules...

Zedd

Whats the most gross thing you ate as a kid in your time?
Would you want to trade toothbrushes with an albino dwarf named Hal?
Whats the best way treat an painful itch?
Does hideing under the sheets really protect you from the monsters?

RJ

A  ***** and a man walk into a bar. The ***** gets drunk and faints on the floor. As the man goes to leave, the barman pulls him up and says, 'Hey, you can't leave that lyin' there!'. The other man turns around and says, 'That's not a lion, it's a *****!'.

Question: What would be funnier- a giraffe or a pelican?

Kenji

Quote from: RJ on May 13, 2007, 10:10:46 AM
A  ***** and a man walk into a bar. The ***** gets drunk and faints on the floor. As the man goes to leave, the barman pulls him up and says, 'Hey, you can't leave that lyin' there!'. The other man turns around and says, 'That's not a lion, it's a *****!'.

Question: What would be funnier- a giraffe or a pelican?

It depends on how well the giraffe or pelican are at telling a joke. Same system as determining how any of us are funnier than others. :3

Damaris

Oh, one last bit of info, since I'm sure you'll get a question about it from someone- the old thread was moved to the Treasury.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Gabi

That was not only not a question, but an answer to a question that was not asked! What did you go and do that for?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

llearch n'n'daCorna

ShadesFox

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 13, 2007, 02:41:03 PM
What happened to the old thread?

Well, this one box was being something of an ass in the thread, so we had to burn the whole thing and start again.  Still trying to rebuild the box though.
The All Purpose Fox

Azlan

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 13, 2007, 07:10:01 AM
"If you have any real forum questions they should be PM'd to a forum moderator, not the APFs."
followed by:
"The correct forum for asking questions about the forums is here http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0"

.. you're suggesting two different methods as both being "the right way" While you're correct, it's likely to confuse those poor souls who don't listen carefully.

Wouldn't it be better to list both as options, rather than opposing One True Ways?

... Not that I'm trying to answer a question, here, of course. *cough* That'd be against the rules...

Being confusing has never really bothered me, but on a whim I made a correction.  Such is the ways of the faerie.

Damaris

Because I pay for the server, it was APF maintainance related, and I can.  Do you want to keep playing the game, Gabi?  Cause really, I have a feeling who's going to win.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Azlan

Quote from: Damaris on May 13, 2007, 03:32:16 PM
Because I pay for the server, it was APF maintainance related, and I can.  Do you want to keep playing the game, Gabi?  Cause really, I have a feeling who's going to win.

There is no need to threaten please, hostility only begets more of the same.  I do not think she meant to threaten your authority, there is no way she or anyone could ever forget who rules here as you all are very quick to correct us if we err and rightly so.  If paying a portion or all of the maintenance here would end such hostilities, then I would gladly offer to provide funds to alleviate your costs... especially if it is partly responsible for any shortness exhibited against my fellow forumites.

Damaris

No, there's no need for anyone to help pay for the servers.  We don't mind, and it was a poor "it's my house" tactic- I shouldn't have said it, as I hate it when others say it to me.  I apologize for that crack.

Seriously, though.  The APFs expect us to respect their thread, and most of you are extremely understanding when one of the admins have to come in for forum business.  However, there are several that get extremely snippy.  Admining this forum is not fun.  I do not typically enjoy the hours of reading through the squabbling, bad grammar, etc.  It has to be done, though, and I'm happy to do it because Amber is my friend.  What I do not need, however, is people purposfully making it more difficult or annoying.

I have no beef with many of the APFs.  It would be helpful if there could be no beef with any of them.  I would very much appreciate anything you would be willing to do to assist with that, Azlan, as you seem very good at talking with people.

Azlan

Quote from: Damaris on May 13, 2007, 03:55:43 PM
No, there's no need for anyone to help pay for the servers.  We don't mind, and it was a poor "it's my house" tactic- I shouldn't have said it, as I hate it when others say it to me.  I apologize for that crack.

Seriously, though.  The APFs expect us to respect their thread, and most of you are extremely understanding when one of the admins have to come in for forum business.  However, there are several that get extremely snippy.  Admining this forum is not fun.  I do not typically enjoy the hours of reading through the squabbling, bad grammar, etc.  It has to be done, though, and I'm happy to do it because Amber is my friend.  What I do not need, however, is people purposfully making it more difficult or annoying.

I have no beef with many of the APFs.  It would be helpful if there could be no beef with any of them.  I would very much appreciate anything you would be willing to do to assist with that, Azlan, as you seem very good at talking with people.

Oh no, I am not good at talking with people at all, hence the disasters that plague me to this day from the DMFA forums.  I have made many bad choices due to many bad life circumstances that had no business being aired on the Nice, here or anywhere.  Many people will not speak to me anymore and I have been banned from certain private forums.  Whether these acts are justified or not, they are still bad things to add on a resume for a negotiator. 

Positions of authority are always seen as adversarial.  The lack of significant moderation on the old forum and a transition to a more heavily managed one is a humbling experience.  Rarely do users see the administration end of the forum experience, nor do they understand that this space and its functionality do not exist in a vacuum.  All most users can see is the forum, the established rules, the content, other users and the staff.  When a user goes astray, possibly due to a bad day in life, work, school, etc. they are straightened out and if extreme enough they are put in their place and sanctioned.  Diplomacy would be nice, but by the time something is noticed it is usually to the severely annoying stage and staffers are people too, so things can be done a tad harsher then they probably should have been if blood pressure is running high.

It is easy for me to make such observation because I do not have to deal with such things, but it is also hypocritical as I have also been the cause of a few... many actually... things. 

I apologize for my wordiness, I ramble.

Gabi

Damaris and I have sorted things out via PM. You may start asking questions now.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Gabi

Rhetorical question! Ok, here it goes:

APPLES.

Meditate on it.

Cogidubnus

What kind of apples?

...and I'll pluck 'till time and times are done, the silver apples of the moon, the golden apples of the sun...

Gabi

Quote from: Cogidubnus on May 14, 2007, 11:18:49 AM
What kind of apples?

...and I'll pluck 'till time and times are done, the silver apples of the moon, the golden apples of the sun...
Orange ones.

Azlan

Zedd

Whats the longest real word you thought of?

ShadesFox

antidisestablishmentarianism

which sounds a lot like setting people on fire.
The All Purpose Fox

xHaZxMaTx

But what's the longest word in the English language to appear in a dictionary? (I already know, I just want to see if you know. :P)

And for that matter, what is the longest word in any language?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ooo! Oooo! I know! I know!

... Rats. I'm not allowed to answer, am I? :-]

Might I enquire, then, if any of the APFs have any ideas about the riddle game? It seems nobody can figure out the answer, which, while giving me a buzz, isn't helping the game along...

Gabi

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on May 15, 2007, 01:42:58 AM
But what's the longest word in the English language to appear in a dictionary? (I already know, I just want to see if you know. :P)

And for that matter, what is the longest word in any language?
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and, if you don't count that as an English word (even though it is in some dictionaries) then dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane.

That's open to discussion. Some people claim that this Finnish word is the longest, but that's arguable because it does not, in fact, mean anything as a whole.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 15, 2007, 06:24:05 AM
Ooo! Oooo! I know! I know!

... Rats. I'm not allowed to answer, am I? :-]

Might I enquire, then, if any of the APFs have any ideas about the riddle game? It seems nobody can figure out the answer, which, while giving me a buzz, isn't helping the game along...
I haven't taken a look at it yet. I will if I have the time.

xHaZxMaTx

Are you sure it's not pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanconiosis? :3

ShadesFox

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on May 15, 2007, 10:39:45 AM
Are you sure it's not pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanconiosis? :3

A) You misspelled it.  It is, pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.
2) It is really called pneumoconiosis.  Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is made up.
D) Your punishment shall be that you have to rock out with Kirby and beat him.  Should you fail you will be eaten.
:kirby
The All Purpose Fox

llearch n'n'daCorna

Have the APFs not heard of Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu?

Heck, even Llanfair PG beats Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, a mere 34 characters versus 58 (or 51 in Welsh)...

It's surprising what you can find in Wikipedia....