Heads, you lose (comic)

Started by Tapewolf, July 08, 2014, 07:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

As promised, here is the new comic.  Currently there is one page plus the cover(s), but we have two more waiting in the wings.  At this point I'm not sure whether we're going to update fortnightly or weekly - I guess it depends how fast the buffer refills.  We will be switching to a M-W-F update schedule for this.  I would have done it already but Anthrocon kind of got in the way.

Enjoy.

http://projectfuturecomic.com/heads.php?strip=00-01

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Chairtastic

Good to see Jakob has a consistent adventuring wardrobe.  A sign of self-control and avoiding the fashion obsession; but also bad for him in the long run because it allows the creation of a profile on him, especially given he rarely changes his base form.

But he's a head of state.  Why should he fear?  Well there's always the chance of a wild fangirl attack.

Merlin

With regards to the disclaimer page, Game of Thorns is totally what my mum calls it too, hahaha.

Sprocketsdance

I'm not exactly sure why I'm so excited about this... but I am :3

ZacAttac21

How long before this did Jyraneth fall?

Tapewolf

Quote from: CubiKitsune on July 09, 2014, 03:56:12 AM

75 years ago, according to the fan timeline:
http://dmfa.wikia.com/wiki/Fan_Timeline
...which once again has been broken by someone trying to cram an entire story into the 'canon' field. Does this person even look at the page afterwards...?

Chairtastic

Now that is a -neat- timeline you have there, sir.

*yoinks for fic-related things*

Gabi

I've just noticed Gabi was not mentioned in the timeline even though she was in FC (and born in 27 B.C.).
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Meany on July 08, 2014, 07:26:51 PM
Good to see Jakob has a consistent adventuring wardrobe.  A sign of self-control and avoiding the fashion obsession; but also bad for him in the long run because it allows the creation of a profile on him, especially given he rarely changes his base form.

True.  On the other hand, he's mostly worried about Beings attacking him - if he only shows up like this once every 3-4 centuries or something, it's going to be hard to build up a coherent profile on him.  That and if he did switch form too much you won't know it's him in-comic.

Quote from: Gabi on July 11, 2014, 11:22:03 AM
I've just noticed Gabi was not mentioned in the timeline even though she was in FC (and born in 27 B.C.).

IIRC it was maintained by the person who owned each character/canon.  TBH I haven't done much with it anyway for the last few years - mostly I use it to check the dates of events in Keaton's canon and correlate it to mine.

Chairtastic

So, is this going to be the master thread for the entire comic, or would you prefer segmenting it by page as per the norm?

Either way, consoling-mood Keaton is a beauty to behold.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Meany on July 15, 2014, 05:15:32 PM
So, is this going to be the master thread for the entire comic, or would you prefer segmenting it by page as per the norm?

Either way, consoling-mood Keaton is a beauty to behold.

Well, it was really supposed to be an announcement that the story was happening rather than the base of the discussion thread, and I was kind of expecting to see a thread per comic.  To be sure, it's clearer which comic is actually being discussed - having it switch to the second page with no fanfare or clue is going to make it harder to catch up on, but whatever works best, I suppose...

Naldru

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 09, 2014, 09:06:24 AM
Quote from: CubiKitsune on July 09, 2014, 03:56:12 AM

75 years ago, according to the fan timeline:
http://dmfa.wikia.com/wiki/Fan_Timeline
...which once again has been broken by someone trying to cram an entire story into the 'canon' field. Does this person even look at the page afterwards...?
There was a problem with some of the code being incorrect and it was trying to include the text from Coan Life Script.  I removed the entries in the Canon field and replaced them with the letters CLS.  That seems to have fixed the page.  The weird thing was that it looked correct in the visual portion of the editor and the failure was only apparent when I hit preview.  So he might have actually looked at the page in the editor and thought that he was finished.  It's times like this when I think about the mechanic in the anime Patlabor and his famous words: "I never install version 1 of anything."
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Naldru on July 18, 2014, 06:21:19 PM
The weird thing was that it looked correct in the visual portion of the editor and the failure was only apparent when I hit preview.  So he might have actually looked at the page in the editor and thought that he was finished.

Ah, that makes it a lot easier to forgive :3