2014/01/31/ [DMFA #1460] Abel Attempts Murder Yet Again

Started by Rafe, January 31, 2014, 07:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafe

Seriously, has anyone made a comprehensive list of all the times Abel has violently attacked his "friends"?
He does seem to be getting the whole nonchalant-yet-violent thing down quite well.  If Jyrras hadn't made such a fuss, Lorenda wouldn't have been disturbed at all.
Rafe

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm not sure that Lorenda is really a good measuring stick, here, given her mother's actions in the past in the comic...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Rafe on January 31, 2014, 07:54:56 PM
Seriously, has anyone made a comprehensive list of all the times Abel has violently attacked his "friends"?
He does seem to be getting the whole nonchalant-yet-violent thing down quite well.  If Jyrras hadn't made such a fuss, Lorenda wouldn't have been disturbed at all.
Well, Jyrras murdered Chicki's rogue first...

Rafe

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 31, 2014, 08:41:23 PM
I'm not sure that Lorenda is really a good measuring stick, here, given her mother's actions in the past in the comic...

Excellent point.  After all, her mother did her best to put Lorenda on a traditional path of violence and mayhem, but she drifted into ...moderation.

Rafe

Grey Wolf

Are those hatch-scratches on Lorenda's sweater texture of indications of wear and tear?
If it's the latter, what on Furrae is her employer having her do?!
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Grey Wolf on February 01, 2014, 12:24:44 PM
Are those hatch-scratches on Lorenda's sweater texture of indications of wear and tear?

Tighten up corsets. It's a good upper-body workout, you know...

Hariman

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 01, 2014, 12:30:40 PM
Quote from: Grey Wolf on February 01, 2014, 12:24:44 PM

Tighten up corsets. It's a good upper-body workout, you know...

Wearing a Corset.

That's a workout too!
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

llearch n'n'daCorna

I wouldn't know, Hariman, but I take your word for it. ;-]

Lorien077

Huh really Hariman?  I never found it that wearing.

My guess on the hatchmarks is that the particular sweater Lorenda is wearing might be a worn out older one that's now soft and good for napping/ lounging in.  Or its just a way to indicate a coarser woven cloth?
You have my permission not to love me; I am a cathedral of deadbolts and I'd rather burn myself down than change the locks.

My scribbles: http://lorien077.deviantart.com/

Hariman

*Laughs!*

I was a bit run down when I made that post. I don't have any personal experience in wearing a corset, and was both joking and being a bit serious about the physical stress of wearing a corset. Which Lorenda might have to do while on the job.

But the word of mouth, even from Kira in universe, is that wearing a corset is uncomfortable at best, and at worst, a health risk.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

Lorien077

Quote from: Hariman on February 05, 2014, 02:16:40 AM
*Laughs!*

I was a bit run down when I made that post. I don't have any personal experience in wearing a corset, and was both joking and being a bit serious about the physical stress of wearing a corset. Which Lorenda might have to do while on the job.

But the word of mouth, even from Kira in universe, is that wearing a corset is uncomfortable at best, and at worst, a health risk.

^_^;;;;  Wow um I wear corsets pretty frequently and while Kria is quite likely right about the fur rubbing bit (though its worth noting you should not wear a corset against your bare skin/fur, that's what liners are for) I personally find them quite comfortable and unless the wearer is being stupid they're not a health risk.  Unfortunately there's a lot of really daft urban legends in circulation about the garment. -_-

Lorenda, for example, might find them comfortable because in terms of support they hold up the bust while putting less stress on the shoulders.  And if she's working at Miss Kate's Frills and Fancy its likely she has some interests in the fashions being peddled there.  Or it really could just be a job, haven't worked that sort of retail myself. 

I actually wore a corset while working for quite some time, for an odd after school science program.  You dress up somewhat and form an entertaining persona while teaching kids about science in a fun way.  So I chased kids around in my corset+blouse+ slightly bustled skirt+ labcoat and never had any trouble with physical strain.  ^_^

Anyway back on topic:
It occurs to me that Abel's reaction is actually pretty mild for him.  I've seen far less friendly disagreements in real life over DnD than a bit of play fighting.  Its cute to see how comfortable in their friendship Jyrras and Abel have become.
You have my permission not to love me; I am a cathedral of deadbolts and I'd rather burn myself down than change the locks.

Attic Rat

Just a random observation here, but a corset is somewhat like a back brace. Wearing one might help prevent back injury.
I'm a guy though, so I'll just keep the back brace around for when I need it.
The other guys would laugh at me if I wore a corset. I'm pretty sure of that.  :doh
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

mithril

i think that distinction between corsets is needed.. there are those intended to just brace the body and support specific parts of it, which are perfectly safe if you get the right sizes.. and the other type that tries to squeeze the body into unrealistic shapes and sizes, which can cause some serious health issues if worn too often.

Lorien077

Gah really not trying to hijack the thread, if corset talk is to continue after this post perhaps we should start a thread in the outer fortress?

Quote from: Attic Rat on February 05, 2014, 04:16:40 PM
Just a random observation here, but a corset is somewhat like a back brace. Wearing one might help prevent back injury.
The other guys would laugh at me if I wore a corset. I'm pretty sure of that.  :doh

Would it help to know that some of the first to wear corsets were actually noblemen? :B

Quote from: mithril on February 06, 2014, 01:07:38 AM
i think that distinction between corsets is needed.. there are those intended to just brace the body and support specific parts of it, which are perfectly safe if you get the right sizes.. and the other type that tries to squeeze the body into unrealistic shapes and sizes, which can cause some serious health issues if worn too often.

Short of going way too far way too quickly a healthy person (of any gender) can engage in routine tight-lacing i.e. waist training with no adverse health conditions.  Its a form of body modification and should be treated as such (namely thoroughly researched and approached with care and respect) but wearing a corset 23/7 is much like wearing a retainer for your teeth at night.  Its very rare to cause a permanent change, short of being worn while the individual is growing up.  (Which is not a good idea)

Hariman

Quote from: Lorien077 on February 06, 2014, 02:04:47 AM
Gah really not trying to hijack the thread, if corset talk is to continue after this post perhaps we should start a thread in the outer fortress?

Would it help to know that some of the first to wear corsets were actually noblemen? :B

Quote from: mithril on February 06, 2014, 01:07:38 AM

Short of going way too far way too quickly a healthy person (of any gender) can engage in routine tight-lacing i.e. waist training with no adverse health conditions.  Its a form of body modification and should be treated as such (namely thoroughly researched and approached with care and respect) but wearing a corset 23/7 is much like wearing a retainer for your teeth at night.  Its very rare to cause a permanent change, short of being worn while the individual is growing up.  (Which is not a good idea)

Well... I'm not going to speculate anymore about Corsets.

The corsets and the medical report I saw on them covered the unhealthy corsets that tended to squash organs around and often caused health problems.

Thank you for the information, everyone. It is appreciated.

Lorien077

Quote from: Hariman
Well... I'm not going to speculate anymore about Corsets.

The corsets and the medical report I saw on them covered the unhealthy corsets that tended to squash organs around and often caused health problems.

Thank you for the information, everyone. It is appreciated.

Probably for the best.  Your organs got mushed around all the time, assuming you stand up and sit down. :B  A lot of those 'medical reports' are a wad of BS.

Glad to be of help!

Emerauld Drathmir

Guys wear corsets too, especially in the steampunk communities, and done right, I've been told they are comfortable. 

I've worn bodices before(basically a corset with straps), and if I could find a nice tailor that makes them, I'd never go back to standard wear, as they fit better, and offer more support overall.
Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.