2013/12/27 [DMFA #1453] A spot of trouble.

Started by Howl, December 27, 2013, 02:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howl

Mm-hm. If Hizzy assaults Jy's turf, methinks the farming tools will get put to use. Either that, or Abel is one of those "friends who's going to die". We'll see.

joshofspam

I aqctually have wondered how much thought Jyrras put into defenses of his own home?

Certainly hasn't been any big dangerous surprises for those who have entered his dwelling unannounced. But then again, he might have all that shut down until he actually needs it. Friendly fire and all that.

Seems like Candy land has upgraded since their last play together.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Howl on December 27, 2013, 02:35:39 AM
Mm-hm. If Hizzy assaults Jy's turf, methinks the farming tools will get put to use. Either that, or Abel is one of those "friends who's going to die". We'll see.

It may end badly for Abel, but I don't think he's one of Mab's special friends.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Drakkenmensch

Did Jyrras actually invent an Adventure Time roleplaying game in a world that doesn't even have that show?

I want to play that game so bad now.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

I'm very interested to see what Hizell's reaction will be when he sees Jyrras there, very curious if he even knows who is and his status in the world.

I mean Jyrras is quite rich and dragon's have a thing for money and power, right? Or am I getting things confused with Smaug again....... :sweatdrop

Tuyu

Quote from: Drakkenmensch on December 27, 2013, 07:19:13 AM
Did Jyrras actually invent an Adventure Time roleplaying game in a world that doesn't even have that show?

I want to play that game so bad now.
It's "Baby's First RPG" that he threatened to create from the Candyland game, way back when...

Rafe

Completely ignoring the seriousness of the story -
Deebs has apparently comfortably positioned herself by sticking to the wall. 
Rafe

Kibin

Jyrras is still bachelor of the year. Of a particularly powerful empire composed of lots of demons and creatures in general.

The major danger is that, if an attack is tried, all of Jyrras's tech will be revealed to Hizell at least. Although knowing fey, Mab may be purposefully planning for Abel to leave the inn, and purposefully planning for Hizell to attack(unsuccessfully/successfully) his lab, so that the final piece of technology is created.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Rafe on December 27, 2013, 12:55:43 PM

I don't see that. If she was, she wouldn't be able to reach the dice in front of her - with which she is playing. I see it as her just floating by the table. If she was stuck to the wall, Chicki wouldn't have space to fit there either.

I could well be wrong, of course, but that's what I see.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ZacAttac21

If Abel actually dies, I'll eat my eyepatch.

...*prays*

Tuyu

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 27, 2013, 01:44:05 PM

I don't see that. If she was, she wouldn't be able to reach the dice in front of her - with which she is playing. I see it as her just floating by the table. If she was stuck to the wall, Chicki wouldn't have space to fit there either.

He's talking about Deebs' shadow--for the shadow to be where it is, she'd have to be very close to the wall.

...are they playing inside a huge cardboard box? Cardboard-colored walls on three sides...

Rafe

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 27, 2013, 01:44:05 PM

Looks to me that Deebs is pretty much touching her shadow, and with the light from the upper right (as you can see from Abel's shadow) she'd have to be against the wall.  As far as reaching the dice, with her stretchy/semi-detachable extremities, she could reach farther, or she could just grab a die and stick herself back up there.

Plus, I like the idea of Deebs making use of her naturally adhesive properties.

Rafe

Amber Williams

Quote from: Tuyu on December 27, 2013, 04:16:52 PM
He's talking about Deebs' shadow--for the shadow to be where it is, she'd have to be very close to the wall.

...are they playing inside a huge cardboard box? Cardboard-colored walls on three sides...

They're playing here: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1281.php

Which is admittedly not the most decorated wall in Jyrras' house.

lilpuppy23

Quote from: Kibin on December 27, 2013, 01:29:42 PM
Jyrras is still bachelor of the year. Of a particularly powerful empire composed of lots of demons and creatures in general.

The major danger is that, if an attack is tried, all of Jyrras's tech will be revealed to Hizell at least. Although knowing fey, Mab may be purposefully planning for Abel to leave the inn, and purposefully planning for Hizell to attack(unsuccessfully/successfully) his lab, so that the final piece of technology is created.

I thought the "Last Piece" of tech was the gun, and that Jyrras had already made it...

Tipod

If only this were a B-plot that played out like that DnD episode of Dexter's Lab, complete with flitting between real life and the campaign.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

Zaon

the events of this campaign should be the next Side Comic

Jasae Bushae

I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

Kibin

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on December 27, 2013, 07:35:12 PM
Quote from: Kibin on December 27, 2013, 01:29:42 PM

I thought the "Last Piece" of tech was the gun, and that Jyrras had already made it...

The last piece of technology, near as I can tell, is something relating to a 100% natural piece of matter, untouched by magic. Based on what was said by Mab while the paperclips were being talked about.

Warwick

Wouldn't it be dangerous for Hizell to see Deebs in his scry-o-scope? She's immediately evident as not a standard race.

Jasae Bushae

Quote from: Warwick on December 29, 2013, 03:43:48 AM
Wouldn't it be dangerous for Hizell to see Deebs in his scry-o-scope? She's immediately evident as not a standard race.
Yeah, but given the number of mythos out there who can vary so wildly in form, and given the fact that he is scrying a shapeshifter, 'new species' probably wont be the first thing that comes to mind.
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/