2013/12/12 [DMFA #1451] The Great Archive Search

Started by ZacAttac21, December 13, 2013, 02:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZacAttac21

If you look at the caption under the Katbox post of this comic, you'll notice Amber says we've seen this dragon before. So, I went through the archives 'cuz I'm funny that way, and we have two red dragons in past comics: here http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_143.php and here http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1072.php. Now, the first red dragon that we saw doesn't seem to have the same horn pattern as the one in this comic, which means it would be the second one, which...means......OMGWTF IS THAT HIZELL!? :U

BabylonRanger

Well, if it's not Hizell then I'm pretty sure he works with the guy.  Although, if that is him, it looks like his chin-spike has been filed down a bit.   :mowtongue

Tapewolf

I'm curious what the scrying viewpoint is.  It looks like it might be Pip, and that would be bad.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

It seems like Fa'lina's point to Abel about Hizell's willingness to go to extremes to kill off all that he would target has not changed much since the dragon wars......

I wonder if those orbs mean that Zezzuva's plans are as secret as she thinks?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 13, 2013, 03:36:15 AM
I'm curious what the scrying viewpoint is.  It looks like it might be Pip, and that would be bad.
That would be interesting... If that's the case, maybe we'll finally get a hint at what -or who- Pip really is...

joshofspam

Quote from: Raxuno on December 13, 2013, 03:49:27 AM
I'm curious what the scrying viewpoint is.  It looks like it might be Pip, and that would be bad.
That would be interesting... If that's the case, maybe we'll finally get a hint at what -or who- Pip really is...
I'm not sure about that.

Wouldn't Mab killed Pip in her own world if that was the case?

Then again, a lot of potential targets are either their or are there at one time or another for a dragon like him. Dan, Abel and even Quoar. If you remember that rabbit at the inn had a significantly different ears that looked like Quoar's before he got here.

So maybe Destania told him to refine his search there or maybe Quoar led him to focus on the inn. But whatever the case may be, Hitzell is watching. That isn't good.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: joshofspam on December 13, 2013, 04:11:49 AM
I'm not sure about that.

Then again, a lot of potential targets are either their or are there at one time or another for a dragon like him. Dan, Abel and even Quoar. If you remember that rabbit at the inn had a significantly different ears that looked like Quoar's before he got here.

So maybe Destania told him to refine his search there or maybe Quoar led him to focus on the inn. But whatever the case may be, Hitzell is watching. That isn't good.
I doubt it was Destania. She's playing along with Biggs for now, and that means not endangering Wildy.

MT Hazard

Something powerful blocks the inn from the sight of the Phoenix oracles, I assumed it was Cyras influence, but that would mean the dragon has more powerful scying methods at his disposal, or he's the one doing the blocking.

Although the protection afforded by Cyra could be waning with no members of her clan at the Inn, not enough to see the future, but enough to see the present. He may even be using his son to help him see into lost lake.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

ChaosMageX

We've also seen this dragon before in Abel's Story, since his head seems to match the silhouette shown on that page.

Anatomy-wise, I think Amber did a great job drawing Hizell.  One interesting thing to note is that if that taur down there is an actual person and not a figurine or something, then that would mean that Hizell is at least a bit larger than Pyroduck in his full form, judging by the proportions shown here and here, although that would make sense since Pyroduck is a young dragon.

Yeah, that is a rather disconcerting possibility.  However, since it has been revealed that there are some Mythos that have managed to get into space using magic, I'm not prepared to rule out the possibility of a spy satellite (or in this case a scry satellite ;) ) with a magical means of getting audio along with its high definition video feed.

On the other hand, Pip might have struck a deal with Hizell to get his true form back in exchange for being a scrying bug.

However, being a dragon, he's probably just using scrying magic that's powerful enough to not need to have anything physical in the area or in orbit to pick up the audio and video he's looking at.

Either way, I can't wait to see the next page.

Icon by Sunblink

Howl

Had I been the one to make this topic, I would've called it "Dragon Your Heels". Regardless of that, who might that be on the dragon's altar?

silverfur

Quote from: Howl on December 13, 2013, 08:32:20 AM
Had I been the one to make this topic, I would've called it "Dragon Your Heels". Regardless of that, who might that be on the dragon's altar?

...Is that a toy pony Mythos?

ArchTeryx

Quote from: silverfur on December 13, 2013, 10:55:49 AM
...Is that a toy Mythos?

My guess is that's a REAL Mythos, and included for scale.  Hizell (if that's who it is) is certainly doing his best Smaug impression, though he's a bit drier in his speech patterns.

Scow2

I'm not sure about that.

Would you kill your friend for beating you in Starcraft? Remember - this world is not really more than a gameboard for Mab and Pip, and they seem to be competitively antagonistic toward each other out-of-game. Mab is attached to her "friends" for now - it helps not having a concept of time, so she can't get jaded to living forever - but if something catastrophic were to happen, she might be upset for a while, but then find a new game to play: It's not like she can't just go back into this world's past again and play with her friends whenever she wants, even if they do get killed later down the line. For all we know, this might be the seven hundredth time she's played this exact game with Pip or another fey, and similar/exact same cast of non-fey, but with each playthrough having a different outcome (And this current strategy has her losing two friends, but probably saving the rest)

QuoteThen again, a lot of potential targets are either their or are there at one time or another for a dragon like him. Dan, Abel and even Quoar. If you remember that rabbit at the inn had a significantly different ears that looked like Quoar's before he got here.

Yes, the rabbit is Quoar... Or at least I'm 99% sure its him - he's shorter than I expected!

Tuyu

Quote from: MT Hazard on December 13, 2013, 05:38:16 AM
Something powerful blocks the inn from the sight of the Phoenix oracles, I assumed it was Cyras influence, but that would mean the dragon has more powerful scying methods at his disposal, or he's the one doing the blocking.

Although the protection afforded by Cyra could be waning with no members of her clan at the Inn, not enough to see the future, but enough to see the present. He may even be using his son to help him see into lost lake.
Or it may be as simple as "you can't see the future of Lost Lake, but nothing stops you from seeing it in the present".

MT Hazard

Quote from: Tuyu on December 13, 2013, 12:54:23 PM
Quote from: MT Hazard on December 13, 2013, 05:38:16 AM

Or it may be as simple as "you can't see the future of Lost Lake, but nothing stops you from seeing it in the present".

Makes sense, the Phoenix's sight seem reduced but not gone. There is also This comic which references 'foreshadowing'  and being unable to detect Dan to consider.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Aisha deCabre

I love it when we see the dragons coming into play.

Though I must ask, because maybe I'm forgetting, but could someone tell me when was it confirmed that Pyroduck's daddy was Hizell?

'Cause otherwise you people really take your speculation seriously.  :U
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on December 13, 2013, 02:48:15 PM

Though I must ask, because maybe I'm forgetting, but could someone tell me when was it confirmed that Pyroduck's daddy was Hizell?

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1071.php And I can't remember where, but it was mentioned that Hizell was the one who destroyed clan Fa'lina. Ergo, Pyroduck is Hizell's son.

Drako

A note about size...  Maybe it's just me, but Hizell (assuming that that's Hizell) looks a little too anthro to be in his full form.  Pyroduck is probably an exception, going around in the form he does most of the time, but I'm willing to bet that dragons shift to a smaller and easier form for doing stuff like scrying and leaning on a table like that.  So we can't judge by size at all unless we have another known reference.

Also makes me wonder just what Wildy knows about this danger to Abel, considering what she said in #1449.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Drako on December 13, 2013, 06:48:53 PM
Also makes me wonder just what Wildy knows about this danger to Abel, considering what she said in #1449.

Probably nothing whatsoever.  Otherwise she'd likely be more concerned about Dan, I'd imagine.
Wildy's remarks about Abel are more likely due to:
1. Her promise to kill him if he tries to escape
2. The fact that he's suspected of murdering Merlitz
3. The recent hits against known 'Cubi

Jasae Bushae

Quote from: Scow2 on December 13, 2013, 11:44:36 AM
I'm not sure about that.

Would you kill your friend for beating you in Starcraft? Remember - this world is not really more than a gameboard for Mab and Pip, and they seem to be competitively antagonistic toward each other out-of-game. Mab is attached to her "friends" for now - it helps not having a concept of time, so she can't get jaded to living forever - but if something catastrophic were to happen, she might be upset for a while, but then find a new game to play: It's not like she can't just go back into this world's past again and play with her friends whenever she wants, even if they do get killed later down the line. For all we know, this might be the seven hundredth time she's played this exact game with Pip or another fey, and similar/exact same cast of non-fey, but with each playthrough having a different outcome (And this current strategy has her losing two friends, but probably saving the rest)

It should probably be pointed out that the comic established Fae as basically imortal so no matter what you do, they don't die unless they choose to. http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_788.php
Given how little we know about Pip, theres no telling whether or not he shares this benefit.

Plus they do genuinely care about mortals http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_832.php even if it is considered hazardous XD

Finally, there is a certain sense of Linear with Fae so it does still apply. http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_833.php
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

LionHeart

Quote from: Raxuno on December 13, 2013, 03:01:29 PM
Quote from: Aisha deCabre on December 13, 2013, 02:48:15 PM

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1071.php And I can't remember where, but it was mentioned that Hizell was the one who destroyed clan Fa'lina. Ergo, Pyroduck is Hizell's son.
It's in the next strip. http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1072.php
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

llearch n'n'daCorna

It seems like an extreme response for a debt. Perhaps he could just ask Dan for the $10 instead?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ZacAttac21

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 13, 2013, 11:17:58 PM
It seems like an extreme response for a debt. Perhaps he could just ask Dan for the $10 instead?
Wrong dragon. :)
Or at least it doesn't appear to be that dragon... (see above)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Raxuno on December 13, 2013, 11:59:01 PM

Shush. You're ruining my trolling. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ZacAttac21

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 14, 2013, 12:15:00 AM
Quote from: Raxuno on December 13, 2013, 11:59:01 PM

Shush. You're ruining my trolling. ;-]
Oh. :B

Daymond42

Thanks to the li'l crystal ball-ish thing that the dragon is using, I can't help but hear the dragon's voice being done by David Bowie..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Daymond42 on December 14, 2013, 12:51:09 PM
Thanks to the li'l crystal ball-ish thing that the dragon is using, I can't help but hear the dragon's voice being done by David Bowie..

I think that's a bit out of my budget :P

(PS we still need female voice talent)

Kibin

Pyroduck is also a red dragon. Does that mean that this dragon is actually PYRODUCK?! (gasp)

joshofspam

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 14, 2013, 01:07:20 PM
Quote from: Daymond42 on December 14, 2013, 12:51:09 PM

I think that's a bit out of my budget :P

(PS we still need female voice talent)

Ahhhhhhhhhh, good old Labyrinth.

All for the best I suppose, I doubt Hitzell would be very accommodating if asked to wear the Goblin King wardrobe :P 

BabylonRanger

Quote from: Kibin on December 14, 2013, 01:27:34 PM
Pyroduck is also a red dragon. Does that mean that this dragon is actually PYRODUCK?! (gasp)

Actually, Pyroduck is more brownish.  It's just his wings that are red.