2013/12/02 [Matilda #39] Anger epiphany

Started by Zebra Bug, December 09, 2013, 12:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zebra Bug

It seems that Matilda has come to some realization, but what? And is this where she colors all her past memories of him now, bitter and betrayed?

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

ZacAttac21

.......I only just now realized Matilda has no thumbs.

Edit: Come to think of it, there was an earlier comic where she specifically mentioned she has no thumbs. Guess I just forgot. :B

Zebra Bug

Quote from: Raxuno on December 09, 2013, 12:27:21 AM
.......I only just now realized Matilda has no thumbs.  :B

I noticed from the first page with her. XD But I can see how you could miss it. What I wonder at, is looking at her hand, the bones make it look as though she should have other fingers, her palm is really wide. But considering she only has two, maybe the palm is so wide to make grasping with two fingers easier.

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

Wanderer

Quote from: Zebra Bug on December 09, 2013, 12:40:32 AM
Quote from: Raxuno on December 09, 2013, 12:27:21 AM
.......I only just now realized Matilda has no thumbs.  :B

I noticed from the first page with her. XD But I can see how you could miss it. What I wonder at, is looking at her hand, the bones make it look as though she should have other fingers, her palm is really wide. But considering she only has two, maybe the palm is so wide to make grasping with two fingers easier.

We've seen her use her tail to help grip things in the past. Ages and ages ago. Way back then I commented on her using it in place of a thumb. But that was on the old forums.

Jasonrevall

She's going to be discovered next to her brothers body with his blood all over her.

Maybe she made up her story to save her brothers honor, getting herself banished but not painting her brother as a coward and possibly helping her sister stay safe and get a husband?

Oh well we'll see shortly!
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jasonrevall on December 09, 2013, 05:37:06 AM

Either that or there will be another 3 pages of her pulping his remains :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

Wow, I get mixed signals from this.

On one hand, I can understand the position this puts both Matilda and her sister just a little bit. So I feel sorry and anxious for them and feel a little mad at their brother.

On the other hand, considerting all the pressure put on him by others and their culture, it's not so surprising it ended up like this. So a feel sad and sorry for their brother and hold many of them in contempt and kind of feel like what Matilda says here is kind of selfish.

So many feelings.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Jasae Bushae

I thought we were going to be rushing past all the sads as fast as possible ^^;
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

Amber Williams

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 09, 2013, 05:40:46 AM

GET OUT OF MAH NOTES.  >:O

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 09, 2013, 11:16:33 AM

So it will take Matilda another 3 pages to tear Heshi's arm out of its socket and start beating his corpse with it before she's caught and blamed for his death?

Also, it is interesting to note that the only way that much of his blood could have ended up on her hands is if it's still wet.  I still wonder if their blood turns black upon exposure to the extreme heat of the volcanic environment or if it's naturally black inside their bodies.  If it's the latter, I wonder what elements in their vital proteins could make it that color.

Has anyone else noticed that the date in the title of this thread is a week off?

Icon by Sunblink

Tuyu

Quote from: ChaosMageX on December 09, 2013, 04:50:52 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on December 09, 2013, 11:16:33 AM

So it will take Matilda another 3 pages to tear Heshi's arm out of its socket and start beating his corpse with it before she's caught and blamed for his death?
WAAH! I don't want three pages of Mattie beating a DEAD HESH!

Zebra Bug

Has anyone else noticed that the date in the title of this thread is a week off?

Opps....sorry. I copy/pasted the format, changed the page number and title....forgot the date.  :sweatdrop

So...Matilda is gonna have to really work at it to rip Heshi's arm out of it's socket....like seriously, with the defined muscles of the males, those shoulder joints look secure. I wonder how physically strong the females are. I mean, I don't doubt Matty can do it, but it won't be spur of the moment. She
ll have to come to the realization  that...she needs to make it look like she killed him. *sigh* Sad times. So many feels.

I agree with you joshofspam...I feel for the girls and for Heshi too.

Dracologist

I've been following this sight since the twink wars, or was it the pokemon thing.. I don't know, but that's not important, what is important is this latest comic.  Now if you want my opinion here's what I think.

When others see this scene they take it for how they see it, but I'm looking at other details as well so I'm going to say that this wasn't a suicide, this was murder.

Here's why.

First the setting.  The man is laying dead with his bottom half in a puddle and his upper half on the ground fallen forward.  A person that stabs themselves doesn't tend to lean into the knife, they bring the knife to them (in this case the "knife" is a sharp crystal) and lean away from it due to self balance and the psychology of a person wanting to pull away from harm.  So he wouldn't have fallen forward onto his face.

Second is the puddle itself.  If you were going to chose to kill yourself in a pool, or spring, or whatever that is, you're going to want to better submerge yourself allow that fluid to lift around you, or you're going to chose to do it on dry land.  Nobody wants to die in an uncomfortable position and the idea that he sat with his lower half in a puddle and kept his upper half out of it seems a tad bit off to me.  Especially because if you look at page 36 there is plenty of room for it.  Seems to me that someone caught him on his way out.

Then we have the tool, the crystal itself.  I see in pages 36 and 37 that the end of the crystal is covered in blood and his hand is covered in blood, but you know what isn't covered in blood?  The point where the hand makes contact with the crystal.  You'd think that if he killed himself with the crystal to the point that his hand was bloody that the crystal would be bloody at least up to the point where the hand was.  What this told me is that he wasn't holding the crystal in that hand when he died.  Likely he was trying to cover the wound to no avail and then the crystal was placed in his hand after.  And yes in page 37 we do see where the blood trails the crystal past the hand, but here's my answer to that.  1.  If he was holding the crystal how did that trail get past his hand?  2.  The amount of blood on the hand is far more than the amount of blood trailing to it further proving that he wasn't holding it when he was killed.

Now, what do we know about the person.  1.  He has never accepted any challenges from anyone meaning that he likely had no development of fighting skills at all.  2.  The he has people not only wanting to fight him, but kill him.  3.  That once anybody would have found out that his father was no more then he WILL be challenged.

So to conclude I believe that this man was murdered by one of the many people of his clan that wanted him dead due to their common dislike for him.

And as for how many comics have gone into this we're seeing Amber put this character rapidly through the 5 stages of grief, Denial/Isolation (page 36 panel 2), Anger (page 38 panel 5, and more so in the following page), Bargaining (She's either going to try and "fix" this, or she's going to try and make it go away somehow), Depression (well obviously), Acceptance (Which I don't think she's gotten to yet in the common timeline).

Zebra Bug

Wow Dracologist. You've been reading a long time. I've been reading since the Twink wars too, since 2005-6 anyways.
So...you put a lot of thought into this, I approve. I didn't think of murder, but your arguments make a lot of sense. But....you can't totally rule out suicide. Besides....well, I suppose if he was murdered Matty never ever found out, not since she left. So...hmm. It might bring her closure...might....make her want revenge, but how would she ever find out?

Dracologist

In the defense of the suicide theory I'm going to say that I don't "rule out" anything.  lol.  The case isn't closed until we've learned the decisive truth which would either be that he did kill himself, or that he did get murdered.  In honesty though, I can't really imagine that a clan like this, where people go out of their way to fight for dominance and entertainment wouldn't simply brag about killing someone.  Murder doesn't seem to be something looked down on by these people.

I'd say that the only way she would find out about the murder would be if someone told her and by social law there's really nothing she can do about it anyway.  Maybe that's why she's been getting so close to Dan, she needs an adventurer with skill and training to go down there and take out her brother's murder because she's simply not allowed to do it.  She's not permitted to leave the cave so she needed an excuse to go looking for one, tearing off her brothers arm and claiming that she killed him would permit that opportunity where she would be exiled.  That's all theory though.

But thanks, I've always been a big fan of Mab, she seems like a really nice person.

Prroul

Also, it is interesting to note that the only way that much of his blood could have ended up on her hands is if it's still wet.  I still wonder if their blood turns black upon exposure to the extreme heat of the volcanic environment or if it's naturally black inside their bodies.  If it's the latter, I wonder what elements in their vital proteins could make it that color.

Silver oxidizes black, and has a reasonably decent rate of conductivity. It might be able to replace iron for most of the functions within the bloodstream.

Also, considering the temperatures they live in, it is entirely possible that blood does not congeal as well, and remains viscous for quite some time.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Prroul on December 11, 2013, 04:06:25 PM
Also, considering the temperatures they live in, it is entirely possible that blood does not congeal as well, and remains viscous for quite some time.

That would make injuries interesting to deal with - a much increased risk of bleeding to death, just for a start. Even from internal injuries.

Unless there's a magical solution to the problem...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Prroul

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 12, 2013, 01:17:17 AM

That would make injuries interesting to deal with - a much increased risk of bleeding to death, just for a start. Even from internal injuries.

Unless there's a magical solution to the problem...
Rapid regeneration rate would account for that... note his weapon of choice, I wonder if the energy of their crystals is also about the only thing that CAN kill them... other than simply overwhelming the regeneration factor by massive trauma or other typical means (i.e. decapitation, removal of heart/lungs, prevention of breathing in general...).

BabylonRanger

Silver oxidizes black, and has a reasonably decent rate of conductivity. It might be able to replace iron for most of the functions within the bloodstream.

Since Matilda's blush is black on page 640, it might be safe to assume that their blood is naturally black (or the majority of the cells, at least, are black)

ChaosMageX

Quote from: BabylonRanger on December 13, 2013, 03:14:34 AM

Also, it is interesting to note that the only way that much of his blood could have ended up on her hands is if it's still wet.  I still wonder if their blood turns black upon exposure to the extreme heat of the volcanic environment or if it's naturally black inside their bodies.  If it's the latter, I wonder what elements in their vital proteins could make it that color.

Since Matilda's blush is black on page 640, it might be safe to assume that their blood is naturally black (or the majority of the cells, at least, are black)

That is a good find.  I had completely forgotten about that blush, and it almost certainly proves that the blood of BV Mythos is black inside their bodies.

As for Silver-based blood, it could possibly be viable as the oxygen binding site in a hemoglobin-like protein, considering it's in the same periodic group as Copper, the metal that carries oxygen in the blood of horseshoe crabs.  If the blood of a BV Mythos really is Silver-based, then I wonder what its oxygen deprived color would be.  Perhaps some shade of grey.

Icon by Sunblink