th e ky on my kyboard fll off

Started by Brunhidden, September 06, 2013, 08:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brunhidden

th e ky on my kyboard fll off, ill hav to fix that, its in almost all my passwords

a whil ago th actual ky did somthing, its still whol but couldnt rattach. so i was just using th rubbry knob undrnath as a ky, but that also fll off, attampts to put it back hav also faild

this is fixabl right? it still works, but only if i stop vrything and prss a vrry small fluss pad with a pn or somthing
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Given the cost of a new keyboard, why don't you get one of those?

Or, y'know, ask someone nicely to post one to you?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 07, 2013, 04:47:59 AM
Given the cost of a new keyboard, why don't you get one of those?
Or, y'know, ask someone nicely to post one to you?

It might be a laptop keyboard.  Though using an external keyboard is certainly possible.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 07, 2013, 07:59:03 AM
It might be a laptop keyboard.  Though using an external keyboard is certainly possible.

Both of those had occurred to me.

Brunhidden

its a laptop, primarily for school us and to stav off insanity during twlv hour night shifts. w dont us th towr pc, its old and scrwd up roaylly till w wip it and rinstall th oprating systm

would an xtrnal kyboard b practical? othrwis would it b stupid to glu a diffrnt objct to tak th plac of th rubbr nub that fll off?

LionHeart

An external keyboard shouldn't be a problem. I have a wireless keyboard that works with my laptop.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Brunhidden

iv gotta carry all this around in my backpack you know, four classs and occasionally having to bik to campus as thrs only on vhicl and my wif has dibbs to gt to hr school

fixing is far prffrabl to actually having to add mor hardwar

Gabi

Then you could try making a new key out of putty. My brother did that at least once.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

llearch n'n'daCorna

alternatively, you could look on ebay for a replacement keyboard. They're usually fairly easily attached, provided you're not totally ham-handed about it.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 08, 2013, 12:52:09 PM
alternatively, you could look on ebay for a replacement keyboard. They're usually fairly easily attached, provided you're not totally ham-handed about it.

Yeah, I had to replace the keyboard on my laptop once because a key broke off.  You just need to look for the keyboard part's serial number in your laptop's repair manual, manufacturer support website, and/or forums pertaining to your laptop's manufacturer and model.  I personally prefer http://forum.notebookreview.com/ and http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/ .

Once you have the serial number and/or part number, you're good to go.  Just search for it on Ebay, find a reputable seller (and I know from personal experience that there are plenty out there) and order it up.  The only other disadvantage to replacing a laptop's keyboard is that some models have to be taken halfway apart in order to replace it, but as long as your careful and keep track of all the screws you should be fine.

Icon by Sunblink

VAE

My lappy keyboard O key broke a year ago or so. I removed it and I type directly on the foil there. Works beautifully.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: VAE on September 09, 2013, 01:55:13 PM
My lappy keyboard O key broke a year ago or so. I removed it and I type directly on the foil there. Works beautifully.

Presumably, Brunhidden over there has bigger fingers than you do. ;-]

Brunhidden

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 09, 2013, 03:04:50 PM
Quote from: VAE on September 09, 2013, 01:55:13 PM

Presumably, Brunhidden over there has bigger fingers than you do. ;-]

ya ramambar tha stupidly huga controllar that was with tha original x-box launch? yah, thosa fit my hand comfortably, a littla small avan

and in sarchin for a raplacamant kayboard i found a placa that ships individual kay raplacamant kits, with shipping its about savan fifty and i would rathar hava tha chanca of it not working for savan bucks as opposad to what a raplacamant kaypad and trusing mysalf to taka a scrawdrivar to my laptop

also for soma rason using an a instad is asiar than gaps for othars to undarstand. i guass thay just pratand im scottish

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Brunhidden on September 09, 2013, 06:14:38 PM
also for soma rason using an a instad is asiar than gaps for othars to undarstand. i guass thay just pratand im scottish

*wince* You offend my sensibilities, good sir, but I can't disagree with your point. :-/