2013/08/30 [PF #278] - So their best hope of escape is…

Started by Abel-needs-a-hug, August 30, 2013, 05:33:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abel-needs-a-hug

...Keaton!? Unless I missed someone else disappearing...

joshofspam

I have a feeling Joshua and Niall know.

They have to be smiling about something. >:3
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Lurkie

So how did Keaton manage that?  Another question is what's she going to do?  Hmm...

Quote from: joshofspam on August 30, 2013, 10:34:41 AM

Ah, Fendrick, remember what dear old Commander Kor said:  "Smile, smile...  I do not trust men who smile too much."

EDIT:  Due to Firefox (or forum?) lock-up.  *grrrr*  :banghead
|  Space   ||   Space  ||  It's Hard  ||  A Place  ||  Burma  |
|  is Big  ||  is Dark ||   to Find   ||  to Park  ||  Shave  |

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Lurkie on August 30, 2013, 01:20:36 PM
So how did Keaton manage that?  Another question is what's she going to do?  Hmm...

Yeah, you'd think they'd keep track of the yellow-and-black object in the room. I know _I_ pay attention to anything that's striped yellow and black, it's usually a warning that the object is dangerous... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ChaosMageX

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 30, 2013, 04:22:50 PM
So how did Keaton manage that?  Another question is what's she going to do?  Hmm...

Yeah, you'd think they'd keep track of the yellow-and-black object in the room. I know _I_ pay attention to anything that's striped yellow and black, it's usually a warning that the object is dangerous... ;-]

Don't forget about red against yellow objects, which also tend to be dangerous.  Red against black objects, however, are safe...I think.

Icon by Sunblink

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: ChaosMageX on August 30, 2013, 06:08:57 PM
Don't forget about red against yellow objects, which also tend to be dangerous.  Red against black objects, however, are safe...I think.

Well, _you_ obviously have never been in a dunny in Australia. ;-]

Abel-needs-a-hug

So how did Keaton manage that?  Another question is what's she going to do?  Hmm...
She was behind Jakob when he spread his wings in righteous fury! :batman
Quote from: joshofspam on August 30, 2013, 10:34:41 AM

I wonder what she needed Joshua's jacket for, though.

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ChaosMageX

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 30, 2013, 09:34:50 PM

I stand corrected, and I thank you for warning me about outdoor toilets down under, but then again I tend to stay away from those in general.

Icon by Sunblink

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: ChaosMageX on August 31, 2013, 01:17:16 PM
I stand corrected, and I thank you for warning me about outdoor toilets down under, but then again I tend to stay away from those in general.

For those that missed it, the reference was not to outdoor toilets in general, but specifically a (humourously intended) song about a redback spider that lurks in one in particular. I believe there is mention of "the worst place to get a bite" amongst other choice lines.

The spider in question is small, black, shiny, and has a red hourglass on it's abdomen. It's also amongst the more dangerous of spiders to be bitten by. See here for a picture, and a short description of the results of a bite...

ChaosMageX

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 31, 2013, 05:33:27 PM
Quote from: ChaosMageX on August 31, 2013, 01:17:16 PM
Don't forget about red against yellow objects, which also tend to be dangerous.  Red against black objects, however, are safe...I think.

For those that missed it, the reference was not to outdoor toilets in general, but specifically a (humourously intended) song about a redback spider that lurks in one in particular. I believe there is mention of "the worst place to get a bite" amongst other choice lines.

The spider in question is small, black, shiny, and has a red hourglass on it's abdomen. It's also amongst the more dangerous of spiders to be bitten by. See here for a picture, and a short description of the results of a bite...

Ah, very interesting.  I wonder just how many other deadly black and red spiders there are other than the redback and black widow.

For those who missed my original reference, I was talking about a particular case of Batesian mimicry.

Icon by Sunblink

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: ChaosMageX on August 31, 2013, 08:40:35 PM
Ah, very interesting.  I wonder just how many other deadly black and red spiders there are other than the redback and black widow.

For those who missed my original reference, I was talking about a particular case of Batesian mimicry.

Ooo, also interesting. I missed that entirely - something to do with trying to live in countries where there aren't any venomous snakes. ;-] Not that I object to snakes, I just prefer not to share my house with any...

(btw, the song in question is here, for those interested.)