Heyo.

Started by 13Swords, July 06, 2013, 02:02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

13Swords

I started reading DMFA a long time ago and found it to be very much not my taste.

Which means somewhere, something went into my head and messed with it. >.>  :mowninja

I've gotta hand it to the author- she not only improved her art style, but her writing skills. Not that I'm a great writer, but if something goes from boring me to "I must go through 1300 pages of the archives in 1 night-ack, the sun's going up- down?!", then I'm going to assume that isn't just me changing. :D

So, now I find myself digging through the forums, and although I've tried searching for it, I can't find what I'm looking for- is there a general information page on the DMFA races? If so, could someone please direct me there? I'm very interested in the mythos, and would like to learn more about them.

llearch n'n'daCorna

here.

BTW, most everyone is absent at the moment, it being that sort of time of year, so your response levels are going to be low. Just so you know.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

Hey there, welcome to the forums. Hope ya enjoy your stay.
Ask not for whom the bell tolls, ask why is that guy holding his ears?

13Swords

Thankya for the info, Llearch, and thankee, Kirrin.

Tapewolf

Welcome aboard.  A lot of folks have been at Anthrocon, as llearch mentioned.

The Mythos race is basically the 'other' category rather than a single race, so there isn't much information about them at present, because it's kind of like describing 'the dog race' when there are thousands of different breeds of all shapes and temperaments.  It looks like information about Matilda's race is forthcoming in the form of Matilda's Story, but outside of that, you'll have to describe a specific race and hope that Amber is in the right mood to talk about it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

13Swords

Interesting. I was working on a 'monster race' for an rpg at the time i began reading this again, wherein the name of the type of creature is codified by sounds, making words to describe the creature in question. It can't describe every trait, but if you know the code, you know what kind of "monster" you're looking for by its "species" name.

[spoiler]
Skeleton supertype
Taur  |   Biped   |  Naga
K   |   P   |   N

Tail type
Naga tail (must be a naga)   |   Keratin tail   |   Dextrous tail   |   Muscular tail   |   None
Ah   |   Ih   |   ooh (as in book)   |   uh   |   er

Cover
Skin   |   Scales   |   Feathers   |   Fur
G   |   B   |   M   |   V

Pattern
Stripes   |   Spots   |   Both   |   Neither
R   |   L   |   W   |   (nothing)

Facial traits
Nostril slits   |   Human nose   |   Wet nose   |   Muzzle
Ae   |   Ee   |   Ei   |   Oh   
Ear slits   |   Human ears   |   Cat, dog, or rabbit like ears
K   |   P    |   N
Round pupils   |   Vertical pupils   |   Horizontal pupils
Ah   |   Ih   |   Ooh
Human like teeth   |   Canines   |   Fangs   |   Rodent teeth
G   |   B   |   M   |   V
No horns   |   Center horn   |   Front horns   |   Side horns   |   Top horns (note that horns may be antlers
Ae   |   Ee   |   Ei   |   Oh   |   Ooe

Hand
Normal   |   Webbed   |   Tentacle
K   |   P   |   N

Feet
Normal   |   Webbed   |   Tentacle   |   Hoof   |   Naga tail (must be a naga)
Ah   |   Ih   |   Ooh   |   uh   |   Er

Digit numbers
Number of digits on each hand (1 - 9)
Dash
Number of digits on each foot (1-9) (consider as 1 if a naga skeletal type.)
[/spoiler]

You write down the letters for the part that describes you, then read out the letters like a word. If you were a wolfish person, you'd be called a Pihvohnahbaeka 5-5 in long code, but most people would refer to you as a pihvo- the only time you'd call yourself a Pih voh nah bae ka 5-5 is on government documents. I saw the mythos and tried coding a few of them, but then I saw examples in the link. They get exotic, quick. I was wondering if there was any pattern, but apparently, they are... chaos. :D Not sure how to code an eye that is a tail.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I think if you did figure it out, Ambaaargh would add another creature that deliberately broke your system in the back of a scene somewhere.

Just because. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

*sigh*

There's more to this forum than just DMFA.

Seriously, one day everyone will realize this is a Castlevania forum. One day...
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

13Swords

unfortunately, i've never been able to play a castlevania game. I remember one where my cousin had a couple of fairies and golems that he could make follow him around- it seemed pretty cool. But beyond that, I've never so much as seen a castlevania game. I've never been much for the vampire scene. Or the werewolf one, for that matter. In fact, I've just never been a large fan of horror styles or themes. Given the choice between  :zombiekun2:batman:kruger , and  :kirby , I'll take the one that gets the biggest guns and the largest stereo!  :mowmeep

Hm... I spose I'll head over to that part of the forum. Who knows, maybe it's like my cousin and elder scrolls- He likes the lore, but can't stand to play the game.

Blue_Rhino

I love this comic and DMFA. But i have to say that Darkmoon is the only vampire i like. I started enjoying this adventure years ago and have always been a fan. :mowsmile