2013/04/26 [PF #260] - You are here because you are a traitor...

Started by Bandersnatch, April 26, 2013, 09:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandersnatch

Betrayal from within, eh? Don't think Yak will take this very well, considering Ashley and him were friends way back, correct?

Also nice blue highlights, though I wonder when he himself will notice them.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Bandersnatch on April 26, 2013, 09:52:23 PM
Also nice blue highlights, though I wonder when he himself will notice them.

I wonder how long it will be before I forget to add them...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Eboreg

I think there's a lot more to this story than meets the eye. I doubt Ashley would willfully betray Yak. (Why is it that I associate that name with a Soviet fighter plane from WWII?)
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Eboreg on April 28, 2013, 10:06:12 AM
I think there's a lot more to this story than meets the eye. I doubt Ashley would willfully betray Yak. (Why is it that I associate that name with a Soviet fighter plane from WWII?)

I think it actually came from the Yak-40

Eboreg

The Yak-40 did come from the same company as the Yaks-1, 7, 9, and 3 (yes, that is in order) but Yakovlev is much better known for its work during the Second World War than during and after the Cold War when it got overshadowed by those upstarts Mikoyan-Gurevich and Sukhoi.
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Eboreg on April 29, 2013, 10:26:30 AM
The Yak-40 did come from the same company as the Yaks-1, 7, 9, and 3 (yes, that is in order) but Yakovlev is much better known for its work during the Second World War than during and after the Cold War when it got overshadowed by those upstarts Mikoyan-Gurevich and Sukhoi.

That may be, but I'm pretty sure it was the Yak-40 that inspired me give him that nickname.  It was in the 1973 edition of the Observer's Book of Aircraft.

joshofspam

Well their in, still find it interesting that they took Daryil down so easily.

But much like we've seen with Abel and BOB, surprise goes a long way.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Eboreg

Wait a second, I got it - "A tried and true combination of strong liquor and weak minds." aka - the Munroe exploit.