Edit:
  Fixed your title.
    -- llearch

Merlin

new born horses are comparatively large

new born guinea pigs are adorable

nyil is a dork

ChaosMageX

Technically this thread should be numbered #1388.

Also, species' cervix size issues aside, I think it's interesting to speculate the possibilities of combining this new rule of thumb with the one that the offspring between a cubi and non-cubi tends to resemble the non-cubi parent.  I'm not sure if the latter has been confirmed as canon, but if it has, that might mean that the  offspring of a taur succubus and bipedal being would be a taur, but of the father's species, at least.  That could be a way of creating taur members of species that previously didn't have any taur members. :eager

Icon by Sunblink

Amber Williams

LordViking

Quote from: ChaosMageX on March 22, 2013, 07:11:56 AM

Also, species' cervix size issues aside, I think it's interesting to speculate the possibilities of combining this new rule of thumb with the one that the offspring between a cubi and non-cubi tends to resemble the non-cubi parent.  I'm not sure if the latter has been confirmed as canon, but if it has, that might mean that the  offspring of a taur succubus and bipedal being would be a taur, but of the father's species, at least.  That could be a way of creating taur members of species that previously didn't have any taur members. :eager
I was thinking the same thing. At least in regards how the 'body type of the mother decides the child body type' rule would combine with the rule that cubi children will resemble their non-cubi parent. What happens if a female taur cubi has a child with a bipedal non-cubi being/creature? Would it look like the father but as a taur? Or like the mother as a bipedal? (Though I imagine that one more likely if the genders are the other way around.)
And slightly off topic, has it been stated somewhere if all sentient species give birth, or are there also some that lay eggs? Because that would add a whole new layer to the cross-species offspring confusion.

It-Or-Whatever-I-Am

I thought child birth (Especially involving magic based creatures and mythos) would be similar to how a clan standing is when two cubis in different clans have a child, the one with more power is the clan the child becomes. So wouldn't it be the creature with more power decide which child it is because of their more powerful genes?
I am known as it, because I have no designation outside that and I would rather it stay like that.

Otherwise Have a good day Sir/Ma'am.

Alondro

*Charline mrrrrs*  Biped-taur pairing... been there, done that... many many many many times.  So hot.

I don't know what the problem with serpentine offspring is for a biped, though!  They just squiggle right on out!  *takes out photos*  See?

*Charles wanders in*  Charline?  What are those-OHMYGODMYEYES!!!  :U
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

ChaosMageX

Quote from: It-Or-Whatever-I-Am on March 22, 2013, 10:35:22 AM
I thought child birth (Especially involving magic based creatures and mythos) would be similar to how a clan standing is when two cubis in different clans have a child, the one with more power is the clan the child becomes. So wouldn't it be the creature with more power decide which child it is because of their more powerful genes?

Hmmm, you make a good point there.  Another thing I wonder is whether or not there are any dragons with taur body configurations, because dragon-taurs are awesome, but if they aren't born that way on their own, the dragon genes might stomp out the chances of getting one. :<

Icon by Sunblink

lilpuppy23

In totally unrelated news, the Katbox is now covered in Mows  :U

Also, on topic, I think people might be over-complicating things here. "Taur" or "Biped" is a bodytype. "Dragon" or "Cubi" is a species. This rule ONLY applies to Bodytype. Basically, if you wanted a Taur Dragon, just get a female Taur of practically ANY species, and cross them with a male Dragon. Apply this rule and the rule ChaosMageX is talking about and Bam: Taur Dragon.
Same thing with Cubi. Same thing with a Lot of things. This rule is like a "Constant". The child will ALWAYS have the Bodytype of their Mother. Species is a Variable. The child may, depending on the species of the father, Always be the same species as him, OR if power play is at work, then it may as well just be Random.
TL;DR, "Bodytype" and "Species" are separate. I'm saying this because it looks a little like some of you might be getting caught up on this detail.
Mind you, Final say is up to Amber if this is correct or not...

Nyil

Quote from: Merlin on March 22, 2013, 06:18:07 AM
new born horses are comparatively large

new born guinea pigs are adorable

nyil is a dork

I feel I must offer a statement of defense for myself against these completely fallacious and uncalled for remarks against my character.

No, YOU, madame, are a dork. D:<
A drop of water shall be returned with a burst of spring.

Interested in high fantasy and art nouveau? Check out my art page! http://www.furaffinity.net/user/nyil/

Jasae Bushae

Quote from: ChaosMageX on March 22, 2013, 07:11:56 AM

though cubis being shapeshifters it might not be the case XD it would be interesting to see bipedal taurs though XD just imagine~ it would be like a waist-like giraffe~
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

Merlin

Quote from: Nyil on March 22, 2013, 02:07:35 PM
I feel I must offer a statement of defense for myself against these completely fallacious and uncalled for remarks against my character.

No, YOU, madame, are a dork. D:<

oh no he di'n't

Nyil

A drop of water shall be returned with a burst of spring.

Interested in high fantasy and art nouveau? Check out my art page! http://www.furaffinity.net/user/nyil/

Prroul

Okay, if we're going to have a fight in here, at least have some proper battle music. I'm sure I've got something appropriate in my Uematsu TB drive... hmm... let's see...

Aha! Here we go, Black Mage's cover for one of the best boss battle music scores ever done. Dancing Mad.   :kirby

NOW you may continue with the fight already in progress.

ChaosMageX

(this really should be a new emoticon considering how frequently it's been happening lately :P )

Anyway, to try to get things back on track, perhaps it isn't the genetics that are responsible (at least not directly) for compensating for the size of the mother's birthing canal, but also the conditions inside the mother's womb.  It might be like how cloned cats can have different coat patterns because the temperature of the womb selectively activates and deactivates the genes that control coat color.  I'm not 100% sure, but I think the same goes for certain species of reptiles, whose gender can vary based on the temperature their egg was kept at when they were developing inside it.  Perhaps all species on Furrae actually have the genetic potential to be both a taur and a biped, and it's something inside the mother's womb (temperature, hormones, etc) that tells which body configuration gene set to activate so that the baby isn't an oversized still-birth and the mother actually has a chance of successfully giving birth and surviving the birthing process to procreate again.

Icon by Sunblink

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: ChaosMageX on March 23, 2013, 08:01:10 AM
Anyway, to try to get things back on track, perhaps it isn't the genetics that are responsible (at least not directly) for compensating for the size of the mother's birthing canal, but also the conditions inside the mother's womb.  It might be like how cloned cats can have different coat patterns because the temperature of the womb selectively activates and deactivates the genes that control coat color.  I'm not 100% sure, but I think the same goes for certain species of reptiles, whose gender can vary based on the temperature their egg was kept at when they were developing inside it.  Perhaps all species on Furrae actually have the genetic potential to be both a taur and a biped, and it's something inside the mother's womb (temperature, hormones, etc) that tells which body configuration gene set to activate so that the baby isn't an oversized still-birth and the mother actually has a chance of successfully giving birth and surviving the birthing process to procreate again.

I think you may be overthinking this a little. ;-]

Anyway - in counterpoint to Ambaargh, the major impediment to birth (IRL) is the child's head - the rest of the child's body is fairly malleable at birth, and tends to, as a result, just "slither" out (as Alondro suggested for snake-like bodies). Not to mention, the difference between a 6 pound baby (on the smaller side) and a 10 pound baby (about as large as they usually get) is about a half inch increase in the child's head diameter. All the rest of the weight is in the rest of the body, and the shoulder joints are all loose and fold in ways that _look_ truly uncomfortable in order to get out.

So... I'd guess a taur birth is about the same as any other birth in terms of pain. Just a longer slither, as it were.

... not that I expect that to change the rules, of course. Just thought it might set your mind a little at rest. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

D'ymkarra

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on March 22, 2013, 02:03:09 PM
In totally unrelated news, the Katbox is now covered in Mows  :U

Also, on topic, I think people might be over-complicating things here. "Taur" or "Biped" is a bodytype. "Dragon" or "Cubi" is a species. This rule ONLY applies to Bodytype. Basically, if you wanted a Taur Dragon, just get a female Taur of practically ANY species, and cross them with a male Dragon. Apply this rule and the rule ChaosMageX is talking about and Bam: Taur Dragon.
Same thing with Cubi. Same thing with a Lot of things. This rule is like a "Constant". The child will ALWAYS have the Bodytype of their Mother. Species is a Variable. The child may, depending on the species of the father, Always be the same species as him, OR if power play is at work, then it may as well just be Random.TL;DR, "Bodytype" and "Species" are separate. I'm saying this because it looks a little like some of you might be getting caught up on this detail.
Mind you, Final say is up to Amber if this is correct or not...

For the longest time, I had taken it as a given that draconic genetics/ bodytypes would trump/ usurp most all other factors where offspring where concerned, due to the inherent magic involved, and in some cases, they could be considered a unique bodytype themselves; This tripped me up a lot when developing Dym's physical appearance; He has his mother's body AND species type (which for giving birth works out nicely, as Clydes are 'large' to begin with), but there are cues to his dragon lineage as well (mane/ tail/ eye color, as well as the bat half of his wings). Always glad to see I wasn't the only one who this had confused..

'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Jasae Bushae

on a related note, if people are asking about taur/biped relations, just who are they shipping? =3
i mean, barring nameless folk in the side story, matildas still the only taur in the story so far XD (just like abel is the only spotted chap)

lilpuppy23

Quote from: Jasae Bushae on March 23, 2013, 01:41:15 PM
on a related note, if people are asking about taur/biped relations, just who are they shipping? =3
i mean, barring nameless folk in the side story, matildas still the only taur in the story so far XD (just like abel is the only spotted chap)

Fairly certain it's Matilda x Dan, although the "painting the town red" arc already made that a thing. Possibly someone saw one of those guy-versions-of-Matilda and tried crossing them with random characters???

You can never really be sure what is going through the minds of people on the Internet. For example, What am I thinking about right now? What is Amber thinking about right now? As far as I'm concerned, If you want to talk to Cubi' and don't have a mind-shield, IM or Chat Forums are is the best way to go about it.

Jasae Bushae

well danxmatilda is a pretty certain one yush but they have that whole quirky 'cubi kids always look like teh other person) business going on

well by getting people to give all their answers, we may discover the truth! the power of internet community at its finest!

Amber Williams

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on March 23, 2013, 01:56:40 PM
What is Amber thinking about right now?

taco taco taco taco...oh hey I got work to do... taco taco taco taco...

Eboreg

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 23, 2013, 02:34:50 PM
Quote from: lilpuppy23 on March 23, 2013, 01:56:40 PM
What is Amber thinking about right now?

taco taco taco taco...oh hey I got work to do... taco taco taco taco...

Taco? Tokko. Tokko?! TOKKOOOOOOOO! *explodes*
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Nino

Quote from: Jasae Bushae on March 23, 2013, 02:04:02 PM
well danxmatilda is a pretty certain one yush but they have that whole quirky 'cubi kids always look like teh other person) business going on

well by getting people to give all their answers, we may discover the truth! the power of internet community at its finest!

Well we already saw what their offspring could look like anyways :p

Daet

Well, there goes my half-taur, half-dragon, half-cubi, half-angel, with sixteen limbs.  :mowwink

I would think the main problem with a biped having a taur would be the size a taur would reach before birth. It'd be the human equivalent of twins, at about ten pounds each. Unless, bipeds had taurs at pre-mee weights.

Anyway, good call Amber. Your female creations would thank you if they knew.  :mowsmile
Either help fix it or quit complaining.

Lying Foo

...but what if a taur incubus had a child with a Being...?
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Amber Williams

Quote from: Lying Foo on March 23, 2013, 06:55:14 PM
...but what if a taur incubus had a child with a Being...?

You'd end up with a biped looking child who has colourings similar to their being parent with maybe some random bright coloured variations who may become a Cubi once they are older.

Prroul