2013/02/01 [PF #248] - To, er, lollipops...

Started by ChaosMageX, February 01, 2013, 01:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosMageX

Lollipops, lollipops, oh, lolli-lollipops, lollipops!

But seriously, the sun in panel 6 came out well, as well as the glow effects in panels 1 and 7.  How exactly was the sun rendered?  How were those glow effects made?

EDIT: I felt like trying the new date format in this forum as well, especially considering both Tapewolf and I are programmers, and the old date format of 02/01/2013 might get confusing as it could be read in the UK as January 2nd instead of February 1st.

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

The sun was rendered using the Supernova lighting function in GIMP.  The number of spokes was set to zero.  To heighten the effect I added a second layer with the effect set to addition.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

I actually find it an interesting concept for what Daryil said in that last panel.

Can a Tri-wing get plastered by standard means? :B
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 01, 2013, 02:02:54 PM
The sun was rendered using the Supernova lighting function in GIMP.  The number of spokes was set to zero.  To heighten the effect I added a second layer with the effect set to addition.

Interesting, so you just replicated the effect onto a second layer and made that layer additive?  Were the glow effects in the first and last panels also just an additive layer?  If so, were they the same layer as the additive sun layer, or a different one?

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on February 01, 2013, 04:00:17 PM
Interesting, so you just replicated the effect onto a second layer and made that layer additive?  Were the glow effects in the first and last panels also just an additive layer?  If so, were they the same layer as the additive sun layer, or a different one?

The magic effects were done on two additive layers.  The top layer was 75% and the lower layer was 50%.

The sun layers were actually normal, not additive.  Both at 100%.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E