2013/1/31 [DMFA # 1374] - Lines Divide. Lines Define.

Started by Zebra Bug, February 01, 2013, 12:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zebra Bug

Well, Bigg's certainly has balls. And this is even more evidence for him possibly being a Were, to opening threaten Des like this. And wow....what...kind of powers do the Twinks have?

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

Lying Foo

Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

InsanityRequiem

Quote from: Lying Foo on February 01, 2013, 12:22:59 AM

Biggs... what are you?

We should all know what Biggs is by now. A ferret. /budumchi
Who is the sanest of us all? Why, the insane of course!

Dressari

Biggs... what are you?

Someone who has a head on his shoulders and gives no f**ks that Destania is stepping over her boundaries to bring her back down to Furrae.

Seems like Biggs has the reins on this operation. I commend him for stepping up to her like this. There's obviously more to him than it appears but that was suspected long ago. And the Twinks are interesting in their own way, I know it's speculated to be organised crime with Biggs as some kind of Mafia don, but I wonder if that's really the proper respect and title he should be getting. It seems he and the Twinks are a little better than that.

InsanityRequiem

Ooo ooo, while not pertaining to Abel specifically, since Jyrras now has a shadow watcher as per Kria's orders (http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1353.php), won't that mean that any shenanigans that happens around Jyrras, and Abel since they're usually around each other, wouldn't Kria get wind of Destania's vengeful plots?

And on a separate note, I do like how Biggs is all 'Mess my things up, and we're all going down together' for what Des did.
Who is the sanest of us all? Why, the insane of course!

Tuyu

Ever since Alexsi was kidnapped (well, since I started reading the comic and read that in the archives) I've been wondering just how honest Biggs and Destania were towards each other.

I know its been said that creatures are generally honest (except when they aren't), but I wondered whether there were any secret agendas important enough to overrule that.

It looks like what we've seen Biggs say in their private discussions about the importance of his family to him has been straight talk.

Zebra Bug

I think we can all agree, Biggs has balls. He is less than half Des' height, and she is a pretty hands-on 'Cubi...and he shows no fear (although his tail seems a little poofy to me).

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

Cow Bell Man

I guess all this time Biggs was really not playing around. Oh course, he did make a point in the past that being the leader of the Twinks isn't just playing dumb and getting genders wrong. ^^

Nino

Wow, so now it's confirmed almost certainly Biggs is the more powerful of the two here, seemingly in terms of both raw and persuasive/leadership power at this point. I hadn't actually expected the first one but this makes me like both him as a character more as well as the situation. He seems at least much more on the moral high ground, so it's better he's the one pulling the strings.

I assume he wants to destroy the dragon race because it's implied they almost got rid of weres for good.

Zebra Bug

Quote from: Nino on February 01, 2013, 02:18:34 AM
I assume he wants to destroy the dragon race because it's implied they almost got rid of weres for good.

Seems logical to me. I was rather curious as to why else he'd be on the genocide-train with Des unless he had darn good reasons. The fact that they almost extinct'd him seems good reason. Darn Dragons and their....issues. Seriously.

joshofspam

Wow, just wow! :U

I think my respect for Biggs has grown more then my loss respect for Destania this arc. :boogie
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Nino

Wait, how are Biggs and Wildy BOTH 22? I never realized they were twins. Unless pregnancy is shorter for whatever species they really are, or their mom got pregnant RIGHT after delivering one of them at the beginning of a year.

Anri

Now bringing thunder is something I know a thing, or even 1.21 things about!

ChaosMageX

Wow, Biggs means business.  No matter what happens next, he's certainly earned my respect. :bow

Quote from: Dressari on February 01, 2013, 12:30:31 AM

Biggs... what are you?

Someone who has a head on his shoulders and gives no f**ks that Destania is stepping over her boundaries to bring her back down to Furrae.

Seems like Biggs has the reins on this operation. I commend him for stepping up to her like this. There's obviously more to him than it appears but that was suspected long ago. And the Twinks are interesting in their own way, I know it's speculated to be organised crime with Biggs as some kind of Mafia don, but I wonder if that's really the proper respect and title he should be getting. It seems he and the Twinks are a little better than that.

As I've speculated before, I think twinking is actually a form of martial art in this world that involves using intense mental focus to take advantage of the fact that Furrae is saturated with magic and use that magic to subtly bend the laws of physics in a localized area in order to quickly win a fight.  Basically, it might be a way of literally power-gaming against opponents, hence its name.  Wildy might have actually used twinking to beat up Dan, or that might have just been a sight/title gag.

I've also looked at it from the other side of the spectrum.  What if Biggs isn't more powerful than Destania, but he just thinks he is?  Since Cubi are so rare, I wouldn't be surprised if Destania is the only Cubi in Biggs' employ and if Biggs isn't fully aware of a Cubi's abilities.  If that's the case, his mouth might be writing some checks that his body (and maybe also his soul) won't be able to cash.

But either way, I can definitely respect and commend Biggs for genuinely caring for his sister and for his willingness to possibly risk his life by going head to head with someone as powerful as Destania in order to keep Wildy safe.

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on February 01, 2013, 03:25:36 AM
I've also looked at it from the other side of the spectrum.  What if Biggs isn't more powerful than Destania, but he just thinks he is?  Since Cubi are so rare, I wouldn't be surprised if Destania is the only Cubi in Biggs' employ and if Biggs isn't fully aware of a Cubi's abilities.  If that's the case, his mouth might be writing some checks that his body (and maybe also his soul) won't be able to cash.

One way would be an "in the event of my death" letter containing enough evidence to get Dee killed.  Including an adventurer stone with it just to be sure.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Venalitor

I thought Biggs talking big was the punchline, no matter how strong or weak he may really be. 'Course, he doesn't really need to be able to back up his threat physically as he is the leader of a presumably powerful organization which Dee needs. She's pretty well burnt all her other bridges, eh?

llearch n'n'daCorna

I see the eminence gris has become more of a greasy slide...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

KV1NN4

Quote from: Nino on February 01, 2013, 02:49:26 AM
Wait, how are Biggs and Wildy BOTH 22? I never realized they were twins. Unless pregnancy is shorter for whatever species they really are, or their mom got pregnant RIGHT after delivering one of them at the beginning of a year.

Yep, they're fraternal twins. : )
~K. *: )

KiloFoxx

Quote from: ChaosMageX on February 01, 2013, 03:25:36 AM
Wow, Biggs means business.  No matter what happens next, he's certainly earned my respect. :bow

Quote from: Dressari on February 01, 2013, 12:30:31 AM

Biggs... what are you?

As I've speculated before, I think twinking is actually a form of martial art in this world that involves using intense mental focus to take advantage of the fact that Furrae is saturated with magic and use that magic to subtly bend the laws of physics in a localized area in order to quickly win a fight.  Basically, it might be a way of literally power-gaming against opponents, hence its name.  Wildy might have actually used twinking to beat up Dan, or that might have just been a sight/title gag.

But either way, I can definitely respect and commend Biggs for genuinely caring for his sister and for his willingness to possibly risk his life by going head to head with someone as powerful as Destania in order to keep Wildy safe.

the "twink as a Martial Art" theory, i REALLY like. it fits just so WELL. if Amber dosn't use it... i think i might have to

Alondro

Biggs... what are you?

He's like Frieza!  He can tranform!  (Guldo told me, then I threw a dog treat at him)

*Biggs activates his second form!*  And now my power level is at... 1 million! 

*Destania*  Not impressed!  I can do that too!
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

icarus

what interests me more than anything is why biggs has a vendetta against the dragon race.
specifically, a demon attacked and killed his parents (regina)

you'd think his wrath would be focused towards them. perhaps was regina working for a dragon at the time?

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Zebra Bug

Quote from: Alondro on February 01, 2013, 10:40:31 AM

Biggs... what are you?

He's like Frieza!  He can tranform!  (Guldo told me, then I threw a dog treat at him)

*Biggs activates his second form!*  And now my power level is at... 1 million!  

*Destania*  Not impressed!  I can do that too!
Oh, THANK you...so....much. Now I am picturing them both going Super Saiyan. Would that make all their fur blonde? OK, picturing that now too. Biggs could pull off the hair. Destania....blonde. Wow. Well, she already has the green eyes...

Quote from: icarus on February 01, 2013, 11:09:03 AM
what interests me more than anything is why biggs has a vendetta against the dragon race.

you'd think his wrath would be focused towards them. perhaps was regina working for a dragon at the time?

Well, if he IS a Were like we are speculating, the Dragon's pretty much made him an endangered species.

A.J.

SERIOUSLY!?
This whole "Biggs might be a were" thing has been going on for DAYS now and nobody's thought about this?
Ok, so, if BIGGS is a were and is the twin of WILDY, wouldn't that also make HER a were?

*Steps back to watch the fur fly*
Crowning Achievements in DMFA History #1: Panel 3 of comic #102; #2: Panel 7 of comic #1334

joshofspam

Quote from: Zebra Bug on February 01, 2013, 12:56:44 PM
Quote from: icarus on February 01, 2013, 11:09:03 AM

Well, if he IS a Were like we are speculating, the Dragon's pretty much made him an endangered species.

Actually Icarus does make an interesting point.

But seeing as the bio page list most creatures sharing a dislike for weres. Purges of any kind might have been handed out by many of the creatures and not just Dragons.

Hmmmmmm...I'm not sure if it's actually been mentioned in comic or Amber about a were purge. But at the same time, if dragons were involved in something like that, wouldn't a smear campaign like they did with the cubi be one way of going about it?

Prroul

Here's the thing...

It's pretty obvious that even if Des can easily curb-stomp Biggs... doing so would ruin her plot against the dragons, because she needs him and his organization intact to pull it off.

It doesn't matter if Biggs' mouth is writing checks his arse can't cash or not, since they both know she's not going to go for him, no matter how provoked. Unless she gets into a rage emotion cycle, then all bets are off. But I doubt a Cubi as old as she is will permit something like that to happen when vengeance against the dragons is hanging in the balance.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Spirit Studios on February 01, 2013, 02:33:07 PM

SERIOUSLY!?
This whole "Biggs might be a were" thing has been going on for DAYS now and nobody's thought about this?
Ok, so, if BIGGS is a were and is the twin of WILDY, wouldn't that also make HER a were?

Actually, it was briefly speculated that Wildy might be a were herself in the topic for the previous comic page, starting with this post, particularly by techmaster-glitch and myself (in my edit at the end).

Like I said there, if Biggs really is a Were, then in all likelihood Wildy is one as well, since according to the hybrid genetics page, the Were gene is dominant over regular Beings and at least one of their parents would have to have been a Were for either one to be a Were.

Icon by Sunblink

Lego3400

I have been speculateing Wildy is a wear for a long time now. Since back when she used "Man" instead of "guy" when talking to abel.

Zebra Bug

Quote from: Spirit Studios on February 01, 2013, 02:33:07 PM

SERIOUSLY!?

That has occured to all of us. And it isn't like the thought of her as a Were does anything to refute Biggs being a Were.  :mowtongue

maus_merryjest

I am now very, very fond of Biggs. I am not quite sure he's talking a whole lot of nonsense-- he knows Destania is a Cubi and that she can impersonate him. He must know something that she doesn't... even if she killed him off or tried to impersonate him, it seems Biggs has moved his pieces so that, if that ever happens, it's not going to work for Destania.

After Jyrras' recent performance at the inn and this now, I think it's safe to say surprising things come in small packages in this world.

joshofspam

Quote from: maus_merryjest on February 02, 2013, 12:06:07 PM
I am now very, very fond of Biggs. I am not quite sure he's talking a whole lot of nonsense-- he knows Destania is a Cubi and that she can impersonate him. He must know something that she doesn't... even if she killed him off or tried to impersonate him, it seems Biggs has moved his pieces so that, if that ever happens, it's not going to work for Destania.

After Jyrras' recent performance at the inn and this now, I think it's safe to say surprising things come in small packages in this world.

Well two things Biggs does probably have got going for him (If he doesn't actually have the ability to take Dee at a straight in fight) is the size of his empire and the size and separate ambitions of both their plans.

If we assume that Destania is at least a little bit more in control of herself then Aniz, then we can assume that she realizes the size of his empire is probably too big for her to run and pursue her own ambitions at the same time.

Taking into account her  own plans probably need financial backing and need hands on management as well we can assume (at least for a little bit) that Biggs doesn't need to throw down with her.

Though taking into account how impulsive cubi can be and how Dee throw that desk, Biggs might be taking a little bit of a gamble here that Destania is completely reasonable at this point.